Gay friendly businesses - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2009, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this is for queer parenting, but figured this was the closest correct spot to post this lol. If it's in the wrong place I hope a mod will move it for me please .

Where I'm living we have something called "The Purple Pages" that lists gay friendly businesses.

Do you all try to patron gay-friendly businesses as much as you can or do you really not worry about it that much? And anyone able to tell me what exactly makes a business "gay friendly"? Gay staff? Just not giving you evil looks if you walk in holding your partners hand?

TIA ladies (and gentleman?):
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 10:26 AM

Sure I do. Our town used to have one of those directories too but whoever was making them stopped a few years ago. I'm in a very liberal town and most people are gay-friendly...we kiss and hold hands in public. I would most definitely leave if anyone gave us bad looks for being who we are.

I wish that I knew of more online businesses that were gay-friendly (or homophobic so I could avoid giving them my money). That would be great.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
Old 03-30-2009, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm you'd think that somewhere would have a listing like that. I'll check into it. If not, I wonder if purplepages.com could maybe start up a project for that?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:32 AM

No purple pages here. I have friends that are sort of trying to put together a similar list though. We do try to frequent gay-friendly or gay-owned (all one of them lol) businesses -- basically anyplace where we feel comfortable and they don't have hate literature out in the open. Yes, there is a bit of a story there.

This is a tough town to find gay-friendly.

User Tag List