question about AI at home - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am going on cycle #5 of ttc #2, technically #3, and Im stuck. For the first 2 months I tried using frozen sperm. for the last 2 months I used fresh sperm. Obviously none worked since Im still not prego. My question is, my cycle is a bit all over and I have been trusting opk tests to tell me when to AI. Im not sure if I should be doing it while I have ewcm, which is way before a pos opk test, or to do it when I have the positive opk test. I have been waiting for the positive to do AI so far. I do it the day I get a positive and then 2 days later. I thought this covered my window of opportunity but since I am going on 5 months now I am not so sure. any tips?

BFPChart2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-30-2009, 03:18 PM

From what I've read - CM is by far the best indicator of fertility. Are you tracking any other signs like saliva ferning or temp? Maybe if you had multiple signs lining up, you could pinpoint it better?

-whoabethy

rainbow1284.gifbeth  stillheart.gifDW   blahblah.gif DD  Nov. 2009 and 1sttri.gif due Feb. 2013

#3 of 3 Old 03-31-2009, 12:58 AM

When doing frozen IUI insems OPK is the way to go but for fresh sperm your cervical mucus is a much better way to time. You might be like me and dry up before you get a positive OPK. If that is true then it would be a non-optimal environment for the sperm to be introduced in. My CM drys up the day I get my positive OPK. I usually pop an egg 24 hours later. After two days I'd be completely dry and my egg would be long gone.

Queer poly family trying since October 2006. Currently using a known donor and no medical interventions.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page