Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
: Yay Millet!!!

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay, milletpuff! Congratulations!!! :

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 05-24-2009, 11:16 AM

Yeah milletpuff!!! : How many dpo were you when you got your BFP?

What's "fx"?

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:45 AM

Congratulations Milletpuff! Nice short ride on the ttc roller coaster for you, eh? How wonderful!

We're 12dpo here and irritability is the biggest thing going on. However, we're also house hunting and unexpectedly job searching, so things are crazy stressful.

PF, I feel like I could have written your post word for word! sorry to hear about the unemployment annoyances, we totally feel you!

I think hugs are due all around, so here are some hugs for everyone!
:

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
Old 05-24-2009, 12:25 PM

Hooray Milletpuff! Wishing you all the best! to all!
Old 05-24-2009, 03:31 PM

fx = fingers crossed

I was 14dpo when we got the super positives on the new tests. The 12 and 13dpo were really quite negative.

xo

Old 05-24-2009, 04:11 PM

milletpuff - : Congrats!

Thanks for everyone's encouraging words. I just need a little tantrum now and then. It's nice to know I'm not alone - even if I wish we could all have short sweet stays on this board.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

Old 05-24-2009, 11:28 PM

pf--you are definitely not alone. We have also been trying for a year now and have not had any success (despite symptoms every try)...have been on fertility pills, have had to take a few unwanted breaks, and have had a surgery...we will all get to where we need to be someday...that I do believe. And it does suck to be the ones that are still trying month after month. We've had probably a couple dozen birth/pregnancy announcements in the past year from friends of ours. I can't wait until it is our turn.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:17 PM

YAY! Milletpuff! Great news!

Indigo - thanks for checking in, it means a lot.

I started bleeding yesterday - I knew it was coming, I was going to a wedding, so I took the cuppy just in case, so it didn't take me completely by surprise, as it otherwise might have, since I was only 10 DPO.

I am in Toronto, enjoying my old haunts, and feeling very emotional - when I start bleeding early like that, it's almost like I get PMS and bleeding all at once, it's a very intense emotional experience for me. Not to mention the disappointment of having a recurringly short LP and everything else.

Time to regroup, enjoy my vacation, and if you don't hear from me much in the next couple of weeks, don't worry, it's just about lack of internet access!!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:55 PM

So yesterday at 11dpo we tested again and it was another BFN . But I'm encouraged by Milletpuff because she tested negative until 14dpo. We've decided not to test again until our original date of the 28th when I'll be 16dpo. If I don't get AF by then, it will be even more likely that I am pg.

I've been having cramps all week that feel like AF which is not like me. I usually have cramping during O and then not again until AF is here. I'm not going to think about whether it's a symptom or not so that I'm not disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Until then, good luck to the rest that are still in the tww!

Have a great holiday today! We're going to see the Phillies play the Marlins tonight.

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

: Congrats milletpuff! Yay! :

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 05-25-2009, 04:42 PM

Congrats, Milletpuff!!! ::

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

Old 05-25-2009, 07:32 PM

This morning my temps were down, then we went and got some more tests and both were negative. Now spotting and cramping. We are going for a blood test tomorrow, unless I really start bleeding a lot tonight.

At least I get to hang out with you all a bit longer!

xo

Old 05-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
MP, I will be thinking of you and sending lots of love your way.

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:29 PM

Ack, I just bought and scheduled shipping for 4 vials of donor goods ! The Sperm Bank of California has been fairly pleasant to work with and we like their low family # limits.

So, I'm doing an unmedicated cycle and hopefully next week will be the week. If not, we'll be out until August b/c of travel. So f/x (plus, I feel like morning sickness would be so wildly inconvenient in July due to my work schedule that it's practically guaranteed

I am sorry to hear that MP is back in this thread...s
s to Papa and all those still wishin'&hopin'

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

Old 05-26-2009, 05:07 PM

Wishin&Hopin Yay! So exciting! We used TSBC too, and it was very exciting to place the order. Good luck! I forget, are you doing IUIs?

Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM

We're out. AF arrived this morning. Can we be moved back to waiting to O? Thanks.
So much for beginner's luck for me. It's really disheartening that even with switching carriers we didn't succeed this time. : (those two together mean gloomy crap which this certainly is.)

Old 05-27-2009, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post
This morning my temps were down, then we went and got some more tests and both were negative. Now spotting and cramping. We are going for a blood test tomorrow, unless I really start bleeding a lot tonight.
I'm sorry to hear that milletpuff. Any update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by osker View Post
We're out. AF arrived this morning. Can we be moved back to waiting to O? Thanks.
I've moved you back. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you this month.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
Old 05-27-2009, 06:25 PM

Yeah, I'm out for sure. I started bleeding heavily and it's a very early miscarriage. So bummed, but I'm glad to know that I can get pregnant at least. Super le suck. Now I'm wondering if I've got a progesterone deficiency? I have a sort luteal phase and now the early miscarriage, so I'm going to talk to my midwife when I meet with her soon.

Back to the gyn table, as it were! (So there's a lot of gloomy crap clouds out there today, huge hearts and hugs to everyone else!)

Old 05-27-2009, 07:36 PM

I finally decided to try it on my own. Ds is 6 and my wee baby is now 4. I'm on my own and just inseminated about a week ago. The two week wait is killing me already.

I see many of you are here with me! Wishing you all much luck!

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 05-27-2009, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

I just had tea and a walk in the park with FTMPapa. It was so fun! Now I wish we actually lived closer together and make it a regular thing. Alas...

Also, the time has come for me to ask the question: Is anyone up for taking over the thread for June? We won't be TTCing in June for sure, and while I don't mind keeping the thread even though we won't be trying, it might be more fun if someone really in the thick of things did it. Let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post
Yeah, I'm out for sure. I started bleeding heavily and it's a very early miscarriage. So bummed, but I'm glad to know that I can get pregnant at least. Super le suck. Now I'm wondering if I've got a progesterone deficiency? I have a sort luteal phase and now the early miscarriage, so I'm going to talk to my midwife when I meet with her soon.
Ugh, I'm sorry. Super le suck indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post
I finally decided to try it on my own. Ds is 6 and my wee baby is now 4. I'm on my own and just inseminated about a week ago. The two week wait is killing me already.

I see many of you are here with me! Wishing you all much luck!
Welcome! I've added you to the list in the 2WW.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:56 PM

I'll take it over for June.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
I just had tea and a walk in the park with FTMPapa. It was so fun! Now I wish we actually lived closer together and make it a regular thing. Alas...
It's true! We did! E is SUPER LE CUTE!!! Such a sweet child! Even if he is slightly terrified of my doggies.

It was fun! I miss Toronto!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
It's true! We did! E is SUPER LE CUTE!!! Such a sweet child! Even if he is slightly terrified of my doggies.
To be fair, your one doggie looks rather like a horse. But let Ocean at them. They won't know what hit them. Literally.

Milletpuff, I am really sorry. I also got pregnant the first time and had an early miscarriage. It really, really, really blows.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 05-28-2009, 11:25 AM

we had our follicle check this morning and terrific news...7 follicles, 5 of which are mature. The largest mature follicle was 24.5mm and the smallest 17. That's a lot of freakin follicles! Thank you clomid! Should have results of bloodwork back this afternoon, along with an idea of when the trigger shot and first iui will be. Let's hope this month is our lucky one!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:19 PM

Hey all. Sorry to hear your disappointing news, milletpuff.

I am very frustrated; we're finally ready to start inseminating after a couple of setbacks (originally thought we'd start in April) and now my cycle is all messed up for some reason! I'm ALWAYS pretty regular (30-31 day cycle, O CD 15-17) but this month my temps were all over the place, I had really late EWCM, and AF is 6 days late. I don't know how to pinpoint ovulation when my cycle is so out of whack.

I've been told perhaps I O'ed late or not at all due to stress (my father passed away in late April, and there have been a number of other personal stressors). Any advice on how to make thing regulate again, or how to proceed in June (at home insemination w/ fresh sperm). I haven't done OPKs yet (just CM checking, BBT, and being aware of ovulation -- I usually have O pain) but I feel like I probably should now. BUT, when to start testing since no AF? I wonder if AF will come at all... it's very unsettling not to have when I'm usually so regular, TTC aside.

I'll bet the most useful advice will be to stop worrying already and relax. But I think you all know that is easier said than done. When you're ready, you're READY! Especially after waiting so long to GET ready. :P

Okay, enough venting. Thanks for reading.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:37 PM
kjm

I recommend the OVWatch--its a lil finicky--mine read "too dry" a lot, but I found it much easier to deal with than staring hopelessly at OPKs trying to figure out if it was getting darker or not. And especially with fresh sperm the OVWatch tells you your whole fertile window. Of the 2 times I used the watch properly (read--I wore it for at least 8 hours everyday) I got pregnant both times, meanwhile I had at least 14 unsucessful cycles without it.

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:39 PM

sounds good srjb! fx your bloodwork comes back good.

papa, sorry about af arriving.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif

User Tag List