#62 of 66 Old 09-23-2010, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Amen!
And November DDC totally rocks the bi socks

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#63 of 66 Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you, thank you Ocelotmom, for your reply...

While I understand your frustration with experimenting bisexuals, LibraryLady, I, too, must also express my frustration with lesbians who use the tag of bisexual as a half-way house on their way to fully accepting their sexuality since it is much more societally acceptable to be bi than be fully homosexual. For those of us who honestly would be happy with either gender, having someone say she's only into women, but bisexual is dishonest as hell. Ok, enough snark.

Having played on both sides of the gender fence and enjoyed my fair share of the many permutations of sex, in the end, I chose the socially acceptable outcome of being in a heterosexual marriage. Do I regret it? Sometimes. And then there are times when being in a conventional marriage does have its benefits, which makes me all the more an advocate for gay rights.

Before I tied the knot, there were a lot of discussions about sexuality, needs, desires and wishes. Both RJ and Tryst understand that, while I chose to be with them, I am bisexual, and I do love and enjoy being with women. Hell, at least we can all have fun conversations about our favorite female film stars and go chick-watching at the mall together.

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

#64 of 66 Old 10-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Thank you for this thread.

I married at 19 and didn't really accept my attraction to women until a few years into our marriage. Wanting a baby had a lot to do with why I got married and I'm sure there will always be a lot of "what if's". I married a man who does not believe it is possible to love more than one person at a time. I've been very honest about my feelings with him and my desires to further explore my sexual attraction to women, so I know how uncomfortable DH would be with any sort of exploration. I have a friend who is poly and has a live in girlfriend (in addition to his wife) and even talking about this friend makes my husband uncomfortable and he throws a fit any time I want to spend any time over there. My husband would be ok with a purely sexual relationship, but if I were to admit to any emotional feelings, he would be heartbroken. I think a large part of it has to do with his own insecurities and he has even told me that he would be more open to adding another women into our bedroom if he thought anyone would be attracted to both of us.

I've never done more than makeout with a woman and I just feel like I'll always have this part of me missing and unfufillied.

Sorry this is such a disjointed post. The kid I'm a nanny for is waking up so I gotta cut it short. Thanks again for such an information packed thread.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#65 of 66 Old 10-17-2010, 04:30 PM

My new anthology has essays by women in your shoes, SimplyRochelle. The link for it is www.dearjohnilovejane.com. There's also a website called LavenderVisions.com that is a community for women trying to figure these things out. The name is kind of corny, but I've heard good things about it.

Why does your DH feel like a woman wouldn't be attracted to both of you?
#66 of 66 Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 PM

He's just generally insecure about himself in general, which can be tiring.

And I'm already a fan of your book on facebook! Hoping to pick it up soon. Although when it showed up on DHs page that I had "liked" it, he just replied with nervousness, so I'm not sure it will be a welcome addition to our bookshelf from his viewpoint.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page