Queer & Pregnant! Aug., Sept., Oct. 2009 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 250 Old 10-07-2009, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Wishin & Hopin! Glad to see you over here!

Carmen, I've consistently measured large as well...I just have a big baby--nothing wrong as far as we know, so hopefully that will be the case on your end as well!

AFU, we are going in for induction tonight! I'm 39 weeks and 4 days, but with the baby having consistently measured large (and me being very small) as well as my steadily rising bp, we decided, along with our great OB, who we love and trust, that induction probably makes good sense at this point. Although it's not what I wanted at all, I'm trying to just stay focused on the prize at the end and realize that's what it's really about...the rest is just process. So, we hope to have a babe in arms by tomorrow night! I'll keep you all posted!

PROUD mama to Amiya, age 6 , and Asher, born 10/2009 . Loving partner to dp, Amy.
#182 of 250 Old 10-07-2009, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck, jodybird!!!!

Welcome, wishin'&hopin'! Congrats! I've added you to the list! My m/s also tapered off around 9.5/10 weeks. Once the kicking starts up you'll have lots of reassurance

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#183 of 250 Old 10-07-2009, 07:29 PM

Hi all! I'm new here. Lovely to meet you all.

Sarah - Due June 1, 2010

Sarah - mama to the love of my life, Aurelia Josephine, b. June 11, 2010

#184 of 250 Old 10-07-2009, 07:58 PM

welcome to the q&p side wishin'&hopin' - and i totally understand the superstitious behaviour...been there, done that! as carmen said, once babe starts bopping around you will be much more at ease. our little guy is super active. h1n1 - another child has it at our son's daycare. ugh.

jody - good luck with your induction, how exciting that you are this close to meeting your little one! another wonderful libran about to grace the world.

sarah welcome to our little group and congrats on your pregnancy.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#185 of 250 Old 10-07-2009, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Sarah I've added you to the list!

I had my u/s this afternoon. Baby was very active and we got to see a lot more of him/her than the 18wk scan. Of course, the technician wouldn't really say anything. She tooks tons of measurements of baby and fluid. She also said that the baby definitely doesn't have my nose lol Which is too bad - my nose is not bad lol She also asked why I hadn't been tested for GD - I told her I refused the test - she gave me a funny look. Oh well. So, I guess I just wait to hear from m/w now.

Oh, and I booked a prenatal massage for next Wednesday - yay!

#186 of 250 Old 10-08-2009, 06:14 PM

Hello, I am new here too.

I'm Eryn and I am Pregnant with #2. EDD is May 30 or June 2nd. Ultra sound tech was going by my LMP, but I ovulated on CD19 and the u/s gave me a EDD of 6/2, which is closer to what I was thinking. I guess when I meet with my midwife in two weeks I'll see what she thinks.

I am in morning sickness hell....so much worse than last time around.

Hello Sarah, my due date buddy!!! Nice to see you on this forum!

Eryn, wife to Amy, Mum to Eli, b. 1/9/08 and Willow, b. 5/29/10
#187 of 250 Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Welcome Sarah and Amy! I'm glad there are more of us joining in early preg - I was worried this thread was headed to extinction. Hopefully there will be several more from the TTC joining in soon as well.

My EDD is May 15th - so I'm right around where you two are - and I hear you on morning sickness. I feel like I've been hung over for weeks - but acupuncture helped me a TON. I totally recommend it.

Welcome Wishin' - It's great to see you here!

Jodybird - best of luck! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Carmen - enjoy your massage!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#188 of 250 Old 10-08-2009, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elismum1908 View Post
Hello, I am new here too.

I'm Eryn and I am Pregnant with #2. EDD is May 30 or June 2nd. Ultra sound tech was going by my LMP, but I ovulated on CD19 and the u/s gave me a EDD of 6/2, which is closer to what I was thinking. I guess when I meet with my midwife in two weeks I'll see what she thinks.

I am in morning sickness hell....so much worse than last time around.

Hello Sarah, my due date buddy!!! Nice to see you on this forum!
Welcome, Eryn I've added you to the list as well. Good to see we are filling up spring and summer!

#189 of 250 Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and I almost forgot (thought I don't know how I could forget!!)! I came home from work to a voicemail from one of the midwifes - my u/s was completely normal yesterday VERY relieved!!

#190 of 250 Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 AM
kjm

welcome to all the newbies!! Glad to have you aboard!!

jody--GL anxiously awaiting the wonderful news!!

carmen--pheeww! good news about the u/s

afm--yaahooo!!! 3rd trimester begins today!!! yaaahooo!!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#191 of 250 Old 10-09-2009, 12:54 PM

carmen, that's GREAT news!! yippee!

kjm, congrats on making the 3rd trimester!!! we are all getting into the home stretch.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#192 of 250 Old 10-11-2009, 12:25 PM

Hello All!

We welcomed Asher Thomas at 2:58am Friday (10/9) morning. He is a great baby and healthy! He latched on like a pro immediately after delivery and has been getting better and better with each feeding! He initially weighed in a 7 lbs, 15 ounces and 21.5 inches long. He has the longest, skinniest toes!

Unfortunately, my induction definitely did not go as expected. I labored for about 30 hours before I ended up having to have an emergency section. He was wedged in my pelvis but not progressing for several hours, and unfortunately, my water broke on its own very early in the whole process, so I started running out of options. Turns out I have an upward-curved sacrum, so regardless of the size of my babe, I likely was not going to be successful in birthing him vaginally. I wish I had known that BEFORE the 30 hrs of labor...especially the first 13 that I labored naturally! Oh well...although I was very disappointed to 1. have to get an epidural in the first place, and 2. not get my vaginal birth, I realize that the process is just that--a process. The real prize is my precious, healthy boy!

So, I'm still here in the hospital for the 5th day...sigh. I'm hoping to go home tomorrow. I'll try to post pix later!

PROUD mama to Amiya, age 6 , and Asher, born 10/2009 . Loving partner to dp, Amy.
#193 of 250 Old 10-11-2009, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Asher Thomas!!!!

I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy!

(Can't wait to see photos )

#194 of 250 Old 10-11-2009, 02:24 PM
kjm

Horraayy!! welcome Asher!! crazy birth story jody! Glad Asher is here and hungry!! Horray!!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#195 of 250 Old 10-11-2009, 07:17 PM

congrats jody and welcome to the world asher thomas! i was very close to having a c-section and like you realized that if it came to that i was at peace! i'm glad he arrived safe and sound.

enjoy your babymoon mama, and i hope y'all get to go home soon.

g

p.s. he shares MY birthday! (also john and sean lennon!)

#196 of 250 Old 10-11-2009, 08:33 PM

Congratulations, Jodybird, and welcome, Asher!!!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#197 of 250 Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
welcome asher!!!! funny, because our little one was 7lbs15oz but 20.5 inches long! super close, right?

congratulations jody!!!! wishing you a quick and speedy recovery.

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#198 of 250 Old 10-12-2009, 09:11 AM

Hi all,

I'm still in a bit of shock and awe about my BFP, but I'm slowly adjusting to the idea, and I'd like to officially join the list!

I'm queer and have an FTM trans partner; this was our very first cycle TTC, at home with ICI donor sperm. We are thrilled, of course, but I had spent so much time thinking, worrying and planning about HOW to get pregnant that I didn't think much about actually BEING pregnant!

Our first BFP was last Sunday, Oct 4; I'm not doing any beta testing or anything until a midwife appointment in the first week of November. I'm hoping hard for a sticky embryo... EDD will be June 15.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and to learn a lot from you.

Nice to meet you all,
Beastie

PS: also, welcome to Asher!

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#199 of 250 Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
kjm

Welcome Beastie! 1st try? wow!! I understand your shock but a line is a line and I bet you've had quite a few by now!!! Come on in, get comfortable and rest assured that 9 months is a long time to think about becoming a parent. Hets do it all the time--"I'm gonna be a WHAT??!!!??" I think, as humans, that is why we gestate so long so we have time to get our shit together!!! Thank gawd we aren't rabbits and that we have more than a month to figure it all out!!

#200 of 250 Old 10-12-2009, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Welcome Asher!!!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#201 of 250 Old 10-12-2009, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie View Post
Hi all,

I'm still in a bit of shock and awe about my BFP, but I'm slowly adjusting to the idea, and I'd like to officially join the list!

I'm queer and have an FTM trans partner; this was our very first cycle TTC, at home with ICI donor sperm. We are thrilled, of course, but I had spent so much time thinking, worrying and planning about HOW to get pregnant that I didn't think much about actually BEING pregnant!

Our first BFP was last Sunday, Oct 4; I'm not doing any beta testing or anything until a midwife appointment in the first week of November. I'm hoping hard for a sticky embryo... EDD will be June 15.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and to learn a lot from you.

Nice to meet you all,
Beastie

PS: also, welcome to Asher!
Congratulations! Happy & Healthy 9 months to you and baby!

I've added you to our due date list!

#202 of 250 Old 10-13-2009, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

DP and I found a doula on the weekend that we really like. She was a referral from our midwife (one of three). I'm happy we will have some more support! Anyone else hiring a doula for their birth?

I am also officially in the 3rd trimester now! Yay!

#203 of 250 Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
kjm

carmen--welcome to the home stretch!!! yahhooo!!!
I wont be hiring a doula, but I am surrounded by them!
One of my best friends (and member of my birthing team)is a doula (and runs a doula program in a local women's jail)

I also have another friend w/o doula training, but who will be my right hand lady moving (from OH) to a 1 mile down the road as of Nov 1st that will support me during the rest of this pregnancy stuff and into my postpartum era!!

Support is VERY important!! Glad you found a good connection with your soon to be doula!!

#204 of 250 Old 10-13-2009, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm View Post
carmen--welcome to the home stretch!!! yahhooo!!!
I wont be hiring a doula, but I am surrounded by them!
One of my best friends (and member of my birthing team)is a doula (and runs a doula program in a local women's jail)

I also have another friend w/o doula training, but who will be my right hand lady moving (from OH) to a 1 mile down the road as of Nov 1st that will support me during the rest of this pregnancy stuff and into my postpartum era!!

Support is VERY important!! Glad you found a good connection with your soon to be doula!!
Very lucky! Sounds like you will have a stable of doulas

Can't believe we're getting so close!!

#205 of 250 Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM

Carmen - Congrats on reaching the 3rd tri! We won't be hiring a doula - but I am a trained doula and part of a network of doulas that work for underprivledged communities in our area - so I will be surrounded by doulas during pregnancy, also. Also, my mom is a trained doula as well. I'm open to one of my doula friends attending - there are several that are still working towards certification, so they may be willing to attend pro bono.

WELCOME ASHER! (what a lovely name!)

Beastie - welcome!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#206 of 250 Old 10-13-2009, 02:23 PM

congrats on reaching the 3rd trimester carmen!

g

#207 of 250 Old 10-14-2009, 12:15 PM

Had to pop in to say....WELCOME ASHER!!!!!! So happy to hear you have a healthy little boy Jodi!! My experience was much like yours. I was induced...water broke very early...labored 24 hours...baby was stuck in my pelvis and not budging...emergency c-sec. Ah...it is what it is...he's here and he's healthy! That's all that matters! Hope you are doing well and settling in ok. Enjoy that little boy...they get big SOOOOO fast!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Welcome to all the new expecting mamas!

DS Alexander Joseph born 6/29/09
#208 of 250 Old 10-14-2009, 01:07 PM

Welcome Asher! Congratulations mama!

I'm still chugging along here at 34 weeks now... but I just can't believe I'm this far along!! I'm still feeling pretty good physically, but I've been having more and more trouble sleeping. I've also developed some anxiety about the birth that wasn't there earlier in my pregnancy. I'm meeting with a hypnobirthing instructor tomorrow for a consultation about how I can work on releasing this anxiety before labor gets here.

Glad to see that everyone around here seems to be doing so well, and to see some new preggos!

mama to Hank - 12/09/09

#209 of 250 Old 10-14-2009, 01:33 PM

Hi Eryn!

Welcome Asher!

baby.fatty - Congratulations on 34 weeks! I already have anxiety about the birth in that "have a super stuck band-aid that has to be ripped off" way, but you know, x100. I'd love to know how the hypno-birthing meeting goes and how you feel about it.

Sarah - mama to the love of my life, Aurelia Josephine, b. June 11, 2010

#210 of 250 Old 10-17-2009, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby.fatty View Post
Welcome Asher! Congratulations mama!

I'm still chugging along here at 34 weeks now... but I just can't believe I'm this far along!! I'm still feeling pretty good physically, but I've been having more and more trouble sleeping. I've also developed some anxiety about the birth that wasn't there earlier in my pregnancy. I'm meeting with a hypnobirthing instructor tomorrow for a consultation about how I can work on releasing this anxiety before labor gets here.

Glad to see that everyone around here seems to be doing so well, and to see some new preggos!
I was looking at the list to see who is coming up next and you seem to be next up out of those who have posted lately!

I hope the hypnobirthing helps with your anxiety. Keep us updated

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page