August Queer Conceptions - Summer of BFPs!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 115 Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cejae - FX for you!!! Good to know the trigger shot is out of your system so any obsessive testing you may or may not do should yield accurate results. Do you have a test date in mind, or are you just trying to be zen??

nickole20 - very hopeful that next month will be your month, too! Maybe both of us will have awesome luck.

wehrli - FX you catch that egg tomorrow or Saturday! Will be sending strong conception vibes your way this weekend.

KSDoulaMama - so, planning to insem this weekend, then? You and wehrli will be TWW buddies!

AFU, AF came to visit today! I never thought I'd use this emoticon associated with that witch, but :::

I'm so happy to be moving on to a TTC cycle again! This taking a break sh*t is for the birds, at least in our opinions, at the point in our TTC journey. We barely got started before having to slam on the breaks! FX that I will be extra fertile this cycle after July's chemical, and that I'll be back to my predictable self. Well, as far as charting goes, anyway. Lol.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#62 of 115 Old 08-20-2009, 04:48 PM

Lyndzies I totaly know the feeling.
cejae when do you plan on testing for real. I see we are buddies.
Wherli and ksdoula isn't it nice to have a cycle buddy to comiserate with.
Afu: 8dpo and nothing. Nothing. And realy I don't feel one way or another. I'm a little depressed today which of course could be good ol pms hitting me in the head. On the other hand it may be that I have a major toothache for which I am sittin in the dentists chair right now. Either way its no fun.

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
#63 of 115 Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 PM

Oh, it's nice to have a buddy, hoping2bmoms. . I hope you are out of the dentist's chair soon! When are you planning on testing? I poas this am and saw nuthin. I'm 10 dpo. This has never happened to me before. I always spot on day 8, 9, and the period starts day 10. So I suppose the clomid lengthened my luteal phase, which is good. Low cramps today and my boobs still feel like someone used them for a punching bag.

I never get pre-period cramps or punching bag boobs. So it's either a good sign or the clomid. Who knows?

When are you going to test?

Lyndzies, glad to hear you are back on the roller coaster! I hate taking "time off" too. Though I have to say I loved every single diet coke I had this summer (took 2 cycles off).

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#64 of 115 Old 08-20-2009, 06:37 PM

I'm checking the board after a break and vacation. Congrats to all three new BFPs! That breaks a run of depressing news and BFNs on this board.

AFU, we're scheduled for our second embryo transfer on Saturday. We'll wake two of our four frozen blasts and invite them to make themselves at home. I feel obligated to create good mental energy (not that that worked in the past!), but I'm having trouble getting excited. So many times our hopes have been raised, then dashed. Maybe a Zen approach is best?

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#65 of 115 Old 08-20-2009, 08:42 PM

Ooh, good, I like having a cycle buddy. I have one friend IRL who has been trying to get pregnant and I think we cycle similarly... but she's been trying much longer than me and I think she's also just more private about it. Anyway, wehrli, we'll be trying at the same time!

I'm feeling really relieved that this cycle gets to be a GOOD try- it is possible for us to do three insems with fresh sperm and HOPEFULLY it is good timing. I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to do any OPK's this time. First cycle (with frozen sperm and IUI) the OPK's made me stress (and ovulate LATE) since so much was on the line. Second cycle (with fresh sperm) we only had ONE day that it was even possible to inseminate so it wasn't worth the bother. This cycle we KD will be in town three days and we'll insem each of those days. My CM is looking fertile but it might be good just to know how the timing ended up working out, especially since my temps are a little wonky. We just moved and I can't find my good thermometer, and I think this one gives me low temps sometimes...

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#66 of 115 Old 08-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Hey! can i join in? We have one lil guy, going to be two next month, and starting to TTC again this weekend. I m so excited. With my son we used a known donor from another part of the country who we flew in every couple months. It was extremely frustrating to get the timing off or for him to have other commitments etc. Our relationship with him is amazing tho. This time our friend who lives in town is going to donate to us, which is so exciting but also so different. Its really nice to have a lot more flexibility (and a lot less expense). But it seems so intense too. Anyways, thats my situation. Cheers
#67 of 115 Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDoulaMama View Post
Ooh, good, I like having a cycle buddy. I have one friend IRL who has been trying to get pregnant and I think we cycle similarly... but she's been trying much longer than me and I think she's also just more private about it.
hi, buddy! i sometimes wonder if this anonymous way we meet helps to be completely open about exactly what is going on in our bodies. anyway, i am happy to share... and good luck to your friend!

bluenight, welcome! we will be buddies as well then!

astro, welcome back!

cajae, FX that they are signs and not side effects

hoping2bmoms, yes, it is great to have buddy to ride the next rollercoaster with!

lyndzies, glad you are finally "waiting to O"

afm, just trying to keep calm and relaxed...

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#68 of 115 Old 08-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Apparently those were just side effects. Booo. My period started today. At least the Clomid lengthened my luteal phase by a day! Can you move me back to waiting to O? Thanks!

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#69 of 115 Old 08-21-2009, 04:59 PM

Just thought I'd pop in for a moment during a packing break. Congrats to the recent BFPs!!! And hopefully more to come before the month is out!

I'm back home after a 3-week stint at camp, and a month of any sort of charting, which was really nice. Today is CD1, and I'll likely be o'ing right around Labor Day, which could be exciting, as it will be the first cycle we'll have to have our tank shipped...

If all goes according to vague plan, we will be out of MA by Wednesday, and at my parents' by the 2nd, in time to go to the beach with them for the long weekend. So I probably won't be online much until after our next round of insems, but I'll check in when I can.

Good luck to all!

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#70 of 115 Old 08-22-2009, 08:45 AM

hello all!
we insem'd last night and this morning and now off to work for the weekend...
i can be moved to "waiting to know" woo hoo!!!
hope all is well and everyone has a great weekend!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#71 of 115 Old 08-22-2009, 10:51 AM

I did big bad things. I tested 8dpo not realy because I thaught it would be positive but because I wanted to know if I could take the pain meds the dentist perscribed for me. Well it was 0.33! With no trigger this month at 8dpo. Yea right now I know that that is neg but if doubling q24 than by 14dpo it could well be positive by about day 12. I'm just making myself crazy. Anyway I am back in the dentists chair as I had no relief the other day. I don't know what they are going to do but I HAVE to have some relief.

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
#72 of 115 Old 08-23-2009, 12:51 PM

I haven't been here much lately for several reasons.....been reading a little but not posting at all.

Anyway, we finally got the answer we've been looking for.....two BFPs this morning!!! AF is 3 days late and I'm still a little in shock (although we've been working on this since the start of this calendar year).

Wow. 5 cycles of at-home inseminations. This was our 3rd (unknown) donor - guess we finally picked one who suited my body! We have to look into making a doctor's appt, but the unofficial due date is 5/1/10. Can't believe it!

We're really not telling anyone yet.....besides the board. Thanks for all the support around here - it's been good to read so many of these hopeful stories, esp when I really felt like it was NEVER going to work for us!!!

#73 of 115 Old 08-23-2009, 01:40 PM

woohoo!! congrats chicagoml!!! :::

such great news, and amazing to think we are already at may 2010 babies!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#74 of 115 Old 08-23-2009, 04:02 PM

Congrats chicagoml!! : :

AFM - I ovulated yesterday and we are waiting to know.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#75 of 115 Old 08-23-2009, 04:46 PM

Chicagoml! Yay! I am so so so excited for you. Hearing about BFP's always gives me hope.

Pleasantlyfurious I guess you are in the TWW with me...

Donor flew in Friday evening. We managed to do one insem Friday night, one Saturday, and one just before he left today. We had a great time hanging out with him too. There was a local festival with live music this weekend and we just spent our time relaxing with friends, listening to music, and visiting on the back porch during the evenings. Extremely calm weekend which was a nice break after all the stress of moving to a new state, starting a new very different job, and dealing with the logistics of the home buying process. (We close on our first house on September 4!)

Timing was great. My fertility signs are lining up perfectly and I got a positive OPK yesterday early in the day. I can be moved to waiting to know!

#76 of 115 Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 AM

Congrats to all the recent BFPs! That's such great news!

Can I pleased be moved to "taking a break"? My period showed this Sat am. I don't know how long of a break and I don't think I will be on the boards much. I have been having an increasingly hard time with this process lately and I need a little time to heal.

I'll be thinking fertile thoughts for you all though!

xo

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#77 of 115 Old 08-24-2009, 08:13 AM

Heya gals
I'm so glad I found you! My partner and I have been ttc for 2 months now using a friend as a donor (the old turkey baster). I am 35 and my partner is 37. I'm the one who's carrying. Hope you don't mind if we join in.
It's so inspiring to see all the bfps on this page, congrats to all of you.
WE are just starting a new cycle though Im a bit frustrated b/c my temps are still as high as they were in my luteal phase. i have a pretty regular cycles (27 - 29) and a pretty clear biphaisic pattern. but here I am 16dpo, two days into my period and I peaked my highest yet luteal phase temp. I am anxious by nature and have already been told i might be on my way to diminished ovarian reserve so this has got me worried.
Any thoughts?
THanks gals.
#78 of 115 Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 AM

chicagoml, CONGRATS!!!

pleasantlyfurious and ksdoulamama, i guess i am in the TWW with youse guys but...

afm, i had pos opk on thurs (i think, it never got darker than the control line but it was close and the line was gone altogether on friday), friday cervix was high and open (CF was creamy and scant but it always is by the time O hits), ovulation pains around 7pm on friday and we insem'd right then and there. and again on sat morning (no temp rise) , i used the instead cup on sat morn and went about my day. sun morning, temp didn't rise... boo... sunday evening, ovulation pains? monday morning, temp didn't rise... WTF!? so confused... everything else line up..
so at this point i am sure O didn't happen, unless anyone else has heard of O w/o temp rise but that seems impossible with everything i have ever read. any opinions??
i guess this TWW should be stress free since i am pretty convinced that my insem's won't work...

milletpuff, i totally get you on the break... i am totally discouraged about our last insem... i think a break is in our near future...

shadow22, welcome!

hope everyone has a good day.

#79 of 115 Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry to have been MIA for the past few days. I'm on a brief vacation at my family's place in Buffalo. Nice to be out of the Philly area relaxing with DP for a few days. Anyway, I think I've updated everyone. Let me know if there's someone I missed.

Don't have too much time on the 'net this morning, but:

cejae - Glad your luteal phase was lengthened! That is great news.

katharinerose - welcome back!

wehrli - Is there anything else that has been going on that could be affecting your temps, making them lower? FX that it's just some weird anomaly.

hoping2bmoms - I probably would have done the same thing (testing early). FX for you!

chicagoml - Yay! Congrats!!!! :::

pleasantlyfurious - hope you have a relatively stress-free TWW!!!

KSDoulaMama - FX during the TWW!! I hope all the signs lining up means your timing was perfect and we'll have some awesome news on this board in TW.

milletpuff - I hope that you break revitalizes you. This journey can be so tough on us emotionally; I hope you'll take all the time you need and be bright eyed and bushy tailed upon your return.

Shadow22 - welcome!!! I'm not sure about the wacky temp stuff. :-( I hope it normalizes for you soon.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#80 of 115 Old 08-24-2009, 12:30 PM

we're so excited. This has been a long year. Trying to take it one day at a time, but I know that's easier said than done.
#81 of 115 Old 08-24-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post
Congrats to all the recent BFPs! That's such great news!

Can I pleased be moved to "taking a break"? My period showed this Sat am. I don't know how long of a break and I don't think I will be on the boards much. I have been having an increasingly hard time with this process lately and I need a little time to heal.

I'll be thinking fertile thoughts for you all though!

xo
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time! TTC can be such a rough trip...I hope things work out for you!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#82 of 115 Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 AM

Hi Everyone,
Thank you Lyndzies for helping me subscribe to the thread!

My DP of 4 years and I have just started our TTC journey. In fact, I am smack dab in the middle ?? of my first 2WW!! I am 8DPO and not feeling much after IUI #1 with frozen unknown donor. :

I've really enjoyed and learning so much from reading already and I'm glad to be here!
#83 of 115 Old 08-25-2009, 04:46 PM

Congrats on your first tww bttrflygypsy! It's very exciting!

As for us: we're on CD10 over here and I have way too much time on my hands! I'm supposed to be working on my dissertation and instead I'm obsessing over tiny things trying to figure out if this is going to be the cycle that works or not... I'm even starting to drive myself a little crazy!
But, just to kick start another round of obsession, we just got the email that our swimmer are en route! Hooray! We've been on a break for the last two months, so this time around feels like the first time (okay, not really)...
This will be try #10, IUI #4 for us... please, oh please, oh please can this be the one?

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#84 of 115 Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 PM

Milletpuff: sending you healing thoughts.

B-fly-gypsy: Welcome!

Osker: That's so wonderfully said! Yes, absolutely, can this (please) be the try that works?

AFM, the transfer went fine, though ouchy. We got two defrosted embryos -- one was already hatching!!! I spent the weekend on the couch on Doc's orders, having my own personal Star Trek marathon. Now I'm back at work, trying desperately to concentrate, though I'm prepared to give up the battle early today. It's only the equivalent of 8 DPO, so I'm trying to discount the dyspepsia as just nerves, or progesterone supplements.

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#85 of 115 Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

astropeep - FX for you! Take it easy and think positive thoughts.

bttrflygypsy - welcome, and best wishes for beginners luck.

osker - I can almost feel the anticipation from your post. I'm really going to try not to obsess this cycle, but that is SO much easier said than done! I gotta say, I think calculating O is way more stressful that the TWW. Anyone with me?

AFM, on CD 6. DP and I just got back from my trip north, and am in a totally stressful place w/ work-related stuff... I really hope I can chill out a bit, because the last thing I need is stress affecting O. Trying very hard to be zen, and hoping my body does what it's supposed to and drops an egg on CD 17 (next Saturday) like it's supposed to. Which would mean we'd likely insem next Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday to cover a range of dates.

But of course, like all things TTC, it's all up in the air. Need to check in w/ KD tomorrow to check his availability. Hopefully he'll be at my beck and call next week and over Labor Day weekend!!!

#86 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 01:30 AM

Millet I am so right there with you af showed her ugly face today. We are emotionaly and financialy strapped so we are taking a break this time indefanatly. I will be around to se yall thrugh the good bad and sometimes ugly.

#87 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 01:35 AM

Millet I am so right there with you af showed her ugly face today. We are emotionaly and financialy strapped so we are taking a break this time indefanatly. I will be around to se yall thrugh the good bad and sometimes ugly.

#88 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 AM

bttrflygypsy, hello, welcome!

h2b, sorry af showed her ugly red head. i hope your break is refreshing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
I gotta say, I think calculating O is way more stressful that the TWW. Anyone with me?
i am totally with you on this one... so much pressure to time everything right. it's been hard not to blame myself for the lack of success...

afm, my temps are still down... i am sure i didn't O. so i started opks again this morning and am going to hope for late O rather than anovulation... DP says lets try and order another vial this month if we can catch O late. we may try again next month before we take a break. i really don't want to be having a baby anytime between july and sept (i have a summer job on the weekends and can't miss any time).

#89 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post

afm, my temps are still down... i am sure i didn't O. so i started opks again this morning and am going to hope for late O rather than anovulation...
Would you like me to move you back to "waiting to O," in that case? I'm sorry to hear that your timing appears to have been off.

hoping2bmoms, booooooo to AF. I'm really sorry to hear that this wasn't your month. I'll be thinking about you, and hope your break is just what you need to feel less strapped. I'm glad we'll still be seeing you around, though! Hopefully you'll be ready again soon.

AFU, our donor is available all next week and weekend! That is a relief. I can cross that off the list of things to stress out about while trying to schedule the Great Egg Interception. :-)

#90 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 AM

Well, fertility friend is telling me it thinks I ovulated on Sunday, which is promising. I think it may have been early in the day Monday, but either way is okay since we insemmed with fresh swimmers on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

h2b- I'm sorry about AF's appearance. Ugh, I think having my period is just insult on top of injury... it means you're not pregnant AND you have to deal with bleeding, cramps, etc.

astropeep- my fingers are crossed for you!

Also, I agree with everyone who says the most stressful part is calculating O, especially when using frozen sperm and they have such a short life!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page