August Queer Conceptions - Summer of BFPs!!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lyndzies, yes... i [reluctantly] agree i should be moved to waiting to O... uggghhhh............
on the other hand i am very happy that your donor will be available for you!

ksdoulamama, fx for you! hope your tww is as painless as possible and that there will be good news to follow!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 PM

hoping2bmoms, I'm so sorry. I was hoping this was the one for you! FWIW, the finances that always get me down too. Hang in there.

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#93 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 05:29 PM

hello to all of you on this board. i have been reading some posts for a little bit but haven't jumped in yet.

my fiancee and i are starting our ttc journey. we have completed our first cycle last week which was not successful but that wasn't surprising for us. neither of us really expected for it to work on our first attmempt - more like a dress rehearsal i suppose - a very expensive dress rehearsal.

since i had been charting for awhile going into the first insemination, the first part wasn't unusual. the part i struggled with the most was the tww! i found it excruciating, and i was totally unable to concentrate. becoming totally neurotic about any sympotms which i may or may not be feeling and should or should not be having if i am or am not pregnant! crazy-making!!!

we have already placed our order for this month and should be good to go on labor day weekend. we are using frozen sperm from prs - anybody have any expereince with them?

good luck to all of you on your ttc process - may we all soon get the news we want

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#94 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

jjnoho, welcome! Shall I add you to the list, in "waiting to O?"

The TWW can definitely be excruciating, but (even though I chart and have a pretty good handle on things) the waiting to O part has truly been more difficult for me! I hope your next TWW has less stress and obsession than the last (that's going to be my goal, too!).

P.S. Looks like we're probably cycle buddies? I'm due to O next Saturday (Labor Day weekend)! We can be each others' support during the TWW.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#95 of 115 Old 08-26-2009, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey everyone, I'm back, and I see there have been lots of bfp's this summer!! Woohoo! : We just need to tie up all the loose ends with our kd - we're meeting with him this month - and will probably start ttc this next cycle. So please move us to Waiting to O!

My dp came up with the idea that we should both try at the same time; we think I'll probably take a lot more trying, but we wouldn't mind babies around the same time anyway. I have lots of experience with babies/children (even twins) and we have lots of support, so we know we can handle it. Our donor is cool with it too. I'm so excited!!!

I'm a queer, poly, pagan, (dis)abled, crazy, crunchy, intersectionally-minded feminist. fsonj & I are mamas to our unschooled/freeschooled 12yo & 3yo!  (Ask me about co-breastfeeding, supplementing at the breast, inducing lactation, eating placentas, undisturbed birth, and parenting a genderqueer child with Aspergers!)
#96 of 115 Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

erthe_mama, I moved you, and welcome back!

Very cool that you and DP are going to TTC at the same time! Do the two of you cycle together? It would be crazy if you ended up w/ "twins."

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#97 of 115 Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 AM

thanks for the welcome, and yes, please move me!

#98 of 115 Old 08-27-2009, 02:45 PM

@ Osker - Totally hear ya on that one. I was TTC during my MA thesis, and man, it's more fun to pee on things than write!

@ Astropeep - paws crossed!

@ JjNoHo - welcome! We're practically neighbours!

AFM, I'm home from crazy summer of travel, and Potential KD # 2 will be home in a week or so. Eep! We have to have The Conversation, Part II. So, I'm still on a break - I just Oed, hopefully things will be in place for next cycle.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#99 of 115 Old 08-28-2009, 02:12 PM

Papa, welcome back!!!!!!!!!!! (Good luck talking to yer potential swim teach coach).

This will sound crazy to you, but I'm at the equivalent of 11 DPO and unwilling to POAS. I'll wait for the blood test on Monday.

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#100 of 115 Old 08-29-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
erthe_mama, I moved you, and welcome back!

Very cool that you and DP are going to TTC at the same time! Do the two of you cycle together? It would be crazy if you ended up w/ "twins."
Thank you! Our cycles are pretty close sometimes, but hers is usually 27 days and mine is usually 33. And it totally would be crazy if we ended up with "twins"!! We've thought about it and agree it would be really awesome. Especially since she may or not be able to bf because of a major breast reduction several years back (nipples were removed and put back on...) so then I could bf instead more easily than otherwise.

I'm a queer, poly, pagan, (dis)abled, crazy, crunchy, intersectionally-minded feminist. fsonj & I are mamas to our unschooled/freeschooled 12yo & 3yo!  (Ask me about co-breastfeeding, supplementing at the breast, inducing lactation, eating placentas, undisturbed birth, and parenting a genderqueer child with Aspergers!)
#101 of 115 Old 08-29-2009, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow, erthe, you are brave! I used to make my living by helping families adjust to life with multiple infants and BOY is it hard in terms of sleep deprivation and constant feedings... Best of luck to you!

AFM... You can all slap me if I'm not pregnant because I think I might be crazy... but I think I might feel pregnant. I am 6 DPO and my breasts are KILLING me. They are so sore that I contemplated wearing a bra to bed. I am also experiencing mild cramping. So, I dunno. It seems a little on the early side but stranger things have happened I guess. My mom told me that those are the symptoms she had for all five of her pregnancies and she knew right away she was pregnant. So... who knows? Either my body is playing some sort of mean hormonal trick on me, or I'm preggers, haha... But for now, still suspense because it is too early to test.

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#102 of 115 Old 08-29-2009, 01:21 PM

Thanks for the luck! I'll probably need it. : Good luck to you as well with a BFP!

#103 of 115 Old 08-29-2009, 10:54 PM

Has anyone here used any fertility meditation CDs that weren't overly heteronormative or too "feminizing" for want of a better term?

I'm hoping for one that isn't "your husband this" and "your womanly energy that" if that makes sense.

Thanks!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#104 of 115 Old 08-29-2009, 11:29 PM

Well I can be moved to 'waiting to o', AF came today, during a funeral I was attending, blech.
#105 of 115 Old 08-30-2009, 01:08 AM

Oh, bttrflygypsy... that sounds like horrendous timing. I'm sorry!

#106 of 115 Old 08-31-2009, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

bttrflygypsy, talk about a bummer. :-( Sorry to hear that you were at a funeral, and that this wasn't your month. A very crappy double whammy, indeed.

FtMPapa, can't say I have, nor have I really thought about fertility meditation CDs... sound interesting though! I've been trying to meditate on my own fertility and haven't had too much luck feeling "in a zone" so to speak. I always end up feeling silly! And like I'm trying to force meditation, which kind of defeats the purpose.

KSDoulaMama, I've got all my digits crossed for you!!! I don't think you're crazy at all. During my (brief) pregnant cycle, I also just "felt" pregnant. It was really weird, but I trusted my instincts, which were confirmed by a BFP at 12 DPO. So, this could totally be the month! Can't wait to hear more from ya!

astropeep, you must be around, what?... the equivalent of 13 DPO? Hope this TWW hasn't been too agonizing for ya, and looking forward to some (good) news from you soon!

osker, just saying hi! Hope all is well as you wait to O. Any day now?

pleasantlyfurious, 8 DPO! You're in the TWW home stretch. GL!

katharinerose, I hope all is going smoothy as you plan for your upcoming Labor Day insems! Hope to hear from you when you get back, since we'll be TWW buddies.

ALL - I'm going to be posting the September thread soon, and wanted to let you know that if you'd like me to link to your chart in the OP, please post a link to it here (or there) and I'd be happy to do so! Of course, I'll mention this in the OP, too. Looking forward to a fruitful fall!!

AFM, CD 12 and patiently waiting to O. Trying not to be too stressed about it. Drinking lotsa green tea and thinking positive. Trying to be really consistent w/ BBT, checking CF/position, and OPKs... We're currently planning to inseminate this Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday (in a "regular" cycle I O on CD 17) so hopefully that will cover our bases. In the case of late O, I'm hoping that KD will kindly produce a couple more samples for us if needed.

The fact that he is so accommodating and wants this to work for us almost as much as we do has been making it easier for me to be zen. He knows that I'm a total type A and that trying to have perfect timing is making me nuts-o, so he's been really sweet in trying to be as flexible as possible. I consider us very lucky to have him.

#107 of 115 Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Has anyone here used any fertility meditation CDs that weren't overly heteronormative or too "feminizing" for want of a better term?

I'm hoping for one that isn't "your husband this" and "your womanly energy that" if that makes sense.

Thanks!
our midwife group at c-d in noho recommended a guided imagery cd for us to help with inseminations. just tried to go on their website but i think it's incorrect so i will keep trying. if i find it, i will let you know. the web she gave us was healjourney.com but that seems to be for PTSD issues, not fertility.

afu: day 10 and anxiously awaiting the arrival of the tank in 2 days. expecting ici and iui this weekend. this will be our 2nd cycle and 1st iui.

scratch all of that above - i found the website. healthjourneys.com. not sure how heteronormative they are but may be worth a look!

#108 of 115 Old 08-31-2009, 06:14 PM

FTMPapa, I wish I had some suggestions for good CDs, but alas, I've found the same heteronormative, emphasized femininity bull**** everywhere. Not that I feel strongly about it or anything! I stick to general guided meditations on healing, relaxation and love of my body, if that's any help.

AFM, just got back from looking at the follicle's at the REs office. It looks like on a natural cycle I may have two ready to go. As she said, "that's unusual..." This is especially because the one follicle is being produced by the ovary that's had a 4cm endometrioma on it for 10+ years. Who knew it still worked? We're also trying progesterone for the first time. From all the studies I've read I'm a little dubious about its effectiveness. But as the RE said, it's only effective in a very very very small number of cases, but it doesn't hurt.

We'll be inseminating on Friday and then celebrating by going back to my old stomping grounds in the bay area - wahoo! Nothing like eating wonderful food, seeing good friends and sleeping at a B&B for first Mommy/Mama vacation we've had in two (since my son was born) to celebrate inseminating.

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#109 of 115 Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 PM

Sneaking in under the wire, at 5pm on the last day of the month:

Got a blood test this morning (~14 DPO), hcg = 13. That sounds low to me, but it's positive. I retest on Wednesday, to see whether it doubles, or becomes a chemical pregnancy.

PLEASE, no celebrations yet, no dancing broccoli, nothing. Just crossed fingers, prayers to the fertility goddess, whatever, that the level will double by Wedn. I am scared of another miscarriage breaking my heart again, but my goodness, there's an embryo (or two) growing! Come on, little embryo(s)!

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#110 of 115 Old 08-31-2009, 09:34 PM

*fingers crossed* Just remember - it's not how high the levels are, it's all to do with how fast they double.

*toes crossed*

C'mon, embryos! Go forth and DOUBLE, damnit!

AFM - having dinner with potential KD # 2 tomorrow, and ordered a ClearBlue monitor online today, and I have a doctor's appt on Thursday for my annual under-the-hood inspection and I'm going to get her to send me for bloodwork and possibly to the RE. That's a lot of news for one day, right? It feels like I'm finally about to start moving again, which is good.

#111 of 115 Old 08-31-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Trying to be really consistent w/ BBT, checking CF/position, and OPKs...
Good for you! We suck at being consistent with BBTs. After my dp's vacation last week (which was hellish for temps since she was eating junk and looking after a bunch of teens that stay up to crazy hours), she started waking me up at 2am to take her temp by mistake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cejae View Post
We'll be inseminating on Friday and then celebrating by going back to my old stomping grounds in the bay area - wahoo! Nothing like eating wonderful food, seeing good friends and sleeping at a B&B for first Mommy/Mama vacation we've had in two (since my son was born) to celebrate inseminating.
Sounds like a blast!! Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropeep View Post
Got a blood test this morning (~14 DPO), hcg = 13. That sounds low to me, but it's positive. I retest on Wednesday, to see whether it doubles, or becomes a chemical pregnancy.
Ok, I'm crossing everything that's crossable for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
That's a lot of news for one day, right? It feels like I'm finally about to start moving again, which is good.
That's awesome! Good for you!

#112 of 115 Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 PM

Astropeep -- All our good vibes coming from this house. I'm looking forward to your good news on Wed.

Papa -- Best of luck with the dinner and the doc...much ado to bring new energy to this babymaking project.

AFU, we may, just may, be able to start the IVF protocol in ~10 days or so when Katie gets her period. Details still to be hashed out around sperm. If it happened, I wouldn't know what to do with myself as we've been in a holding pattern for so long. So, I'll keep you updated.

Be well all,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#113 of 115 Old 09-01-2009, 12:03 PM

astropeep... : : :

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#114 of 115 Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM

Astropeep I am thinking all good things for you...

I am FEELING pregnant still. 9 DPO so still to early to test but boy am I curious. I think if I am not pregnant I will be really disappointed since my breasts have been sore so long, I am exhausted, and I am having a few other odd "symptoms."

#115 of 115 Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

KSDoulaMama - FX for you that the feeling is spot on!

P.S. Come join us in the September thread.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page