• Zyla
  • Coco99
  • giggleblue's DP
  • ellephant
  • mizsatisfied & DP Tami
  • pookafaye & DW silpa
  • egarcia76
Taking a break from the board
  • twylightdove (taking a break from the board but continuing ttc)
  • knit_grrly
  • Astraphell
  • serepatera
  • DearAbby
  • Hulahoop
Waiting to be Ready
  • spcd's dp
  • CrunchySmurf
  • youropaline
  • megincl & ktcl
  • willowbean
  • Tireegal
  • FJKelley
  • Miss Scarlett
  • iheartsheep
  • kclyka
  • knittinanny
  • lemurmommies & ruvalokiteshvara
  • cajun_queen85
  • elismum1908
:2009 Graduates!

August BFPs
  • chicagoml
  • wishin'&hopin'
July BFPs
  • hbog
  • kimlyn32
May BFPs
  • indigoscot's dp
April BFPs
  • Kelmendi
  • KJM
  • whoabethy
  • carmen
March BFPs
  • scalpel
  • katwomyn4
February BFP
  • deny_zoo29
January BFP
  • jodybird511
:2008 Graduates!

December BFPs
  • DM630
  • raene
  • wazzmum
October BFPs
  • JennM1021
  • lexbeach's DP
  • QTRANDI
September BFP
  • Ellie74
August BFPs
  • heart-n-bones
  • Love My Family
July BFPs
  • giggleblue
  • pranava
  • MamaCaveBear
  • quasar (and DP smartycat)
June BFPs
  • starling&diesel
  • PiGirl
  • Erica12009
April BFPs
  • tigermiep
  • MujerMamaMismo
  • tiggerkong22
  • simcon
  • 2happymamas
March BFPs
  • JenInMpls
  • mahrens77
January BFP
  • cookie70
:2007 Graduates!

December BFP
  • Scalpel
November BFPs
  • mamimapster
  • AngelaM
  • solejean
  • lmh222

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#2 of 115 Old 08-01-2009, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay, August! Let's keep the momentum going, yes?

Please let me know if you need me to move you. I copied and pasted from July, so I think the list should be up to date.

I've got high hopes that the awesomeness of late July will spill into August. :

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#3 of 115 Old 08-01-2009, 02:43 PM

Wow, the end of July was great!

AFU: we are still waiting to O... just waiting a bit longer... we missed this month due to being out of town on a service trip to New Orleans. Building houses and carting a huge tank with you don't really go together! We should be up and ready again in about four weeks.

Glad to see so many BFPs around here!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#4 of 115 Old 08-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Lyndsies we can be moved to waiting to o af arived full flow in the we hours of yesterday morning we plan to see the re on monday for the thumbs up but we realy have not had a problem getting started.

My fx for everyone this month. Hoping lor lots of graduations

smile.gif Me - 34 TTC#1 as a SMBC...after a 2 year break. treehugger.gif Embracing all things "crunchy" treehugger.gif
#5 of 115 Old 08-01-2009, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

osker, that's awesome! Must be really gratifying work. I've got friends who live in NOLA, and they always say how it seems like as time passes they've been forgotten about (in terms of how much help the people down there still need). Glad to hear it's not entirely true!

hoping2be, moved ya! Sorry to hear about the arrival of AF, but August is going to be THE month for us, I just feel it.

#6 of 115 Old 08-01-2009, 05:04 PM

Thanks for starting the new thread this month Lyndzies! That's really great of you to take it on for two months in a row...esp when you're not even trying! : !!

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#7 of 115 Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 AM

Just subbing - back in North America, news soon, I hope.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#8 of 115 Old 08-02-2009, 06:53 PM

So, we're back in the game and had an iui on Friday...so day 3ish at our house! Anyone else get sick with the HCG shot? Seriously, two days after the shot I had to puke (sorry TMI) in the middle of dinner--and yesterday my breasts were insanely sore. Way too early for anything and I had similar nausea last time with the shot. That said, I'm going to try to stay away from the boards during the 2ww to keep from obsessing.

So, here's hoping that the end of July was merely a prequel to the rest of the summer!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#9 of 115 Old 08-03-2009, 12:16 AM

Can I be added to the list??? We have one ds - 5yo - and just started ttc again last cycle. AF should arrive tomorrow, and I'm 99.99% sure it will as expected, so we will be trying again this cycle. With ds we did the AI at the OBs office, and were successful the first time, but this time we are trying at home first for a few cycles. Hopefully we are not lessening our chances this way...

Anyway - I guess I'd be in the waiting to O category - for all of you in the
2ww - best of luck!

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#10 of 115 Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

mp, no problem! We'll be trying next cycle (which will be this month) so it's not like I'm on a total August break.

FtMPapa, welcome back to the states! I hope your trip was refreshing.

moonmama22, you have been added! Welcome and best of luck this cycle!

AFM, my cycle is a little wonky this month, I think. I blame it, of course, on the m/c. I dont' think I Oed yet because my temps are all over the place (even though I THOUGHT I had a + OPK last week) but I've got TONS of slippery EWCM, so hopefully soon. I'm ready for AF and to get this show back on the road!

#11 of 115 Old 08-03-2009, 11:57 AM

hello all..

lyndzies, thanks for starting the august thread! hope your cycle becomes clear soon and you will have no problem this month!

moonmama, welcome! i know you say you are expecting AF... but my FX for you anyway.

wishin', good luck with your tww...

afm: 7 dpo today... BBs have been really super sore and my nips have been sensitive and sometimes have been getting a "burning" sensation (that kind of shoots to the middle of my BBs) when i accidentally brush against them. not really normal for me, that i have noticed anyway... but we are really trying not to get our hopes up too much as not to fall too hard if there isn't any good news next weekend.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#12 of 115 Old 08-06-2009, 08:33 AM

where is everybody??? i hope all is well...

afm, AF showed her ugly face and early! 9 dpo... i am thinking about seeing a midwife and talking about progesterone sups. does anyone have any advice for short luteal phases? before we started trying it was 12 days then last month (or first month trying) it was 11 days and this month only 9 days... i had a dream about acupuncture, maybe i should try that too.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#13 of 115 Old 08-06-2009, 08:34 AM

oh and, lyndzies, can you move me to waiting to O? thanks!

#14 of 115 Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

wehrli, done! Sorry to hear about the arrival of AF. I do not have any advice about prog. supplements/short luteal phase. I hope you're able to figure it all out!

It has been quiet around here... hope everyone's doing well.

AFM, I believe I FINALLY O'ed the other day. Have been having tons of EWCM and had O pain on Tuesday. Finally seeing a temp rise. So, hopefully AF will be here in 12 days-ish and I can try again soon! SO ready! Hope the good old cycle normalizes this month.

#15 of 115 Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 AM

Lyndzies - Thanks! What a crazy trip! I've never been away from home for an entire month before....well, more like six weeks. Finally home. I spent the whole afternoon in bed watching TV yesterday and just finding my bearings.

Wehrli - I found taking Vitex seemed to help my LP at first - it worked quite quickly for me, but apparently it's common if it works quickly for the effect to wear off within a few months. I take Vitex the whole cycle, two 500 mg capsules/day (I think they're 500 mg).

I had good results with taking a B complex vitamin, too. I take it the whole cycle. It's loaded with folic acid, B12, niacin, etc, etc, etc. It has the added advantage that mosquitoes find people with high B vitamin levels less appealing.

Your midwife is more likely to suggest a progesterone cream and bloodwork 7 DPO to see what your levels actually are.

Some REs will tell you not to worry with an LP that is at least 9 days, but I say aim for 14 and settle for 12.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#16 of 115 Old 08-06-2009, 04:07 PM

wehrli, that stinks. I wish I had advice for you! Last cycle I had the shortest LP ever too, after hecka supplements, weekly acupuncture, chinese herbs, etc.

I decided I need a break if we don't get preg this cycle. The tank should arrive today and I'm just not in the same excited space that I have been previously. I think I need a little time for my heart to recover from seeing the BFN and AF showing again. Sigh. Plus I started working out again (jogging, which *everyone* tells em I'm NOT supposed to start up if I'm newly TTC) and I'm loving it and would love to just have a good month of exercise and self care.

#17 of 115 Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 PM
DJK

Happy August All! Please move us to waiting to O. We are on watch and hope to be inseminating by the weekend, hope we O before the hurricane hits

Me DP of 3 year jumping into the great divide with our dog
#18 of 115 Old 08-07-2009, 09:20 AM

djk, GOOD LUCK!

FtMPapa, thanks for all of the advice! i am definitly going to use it!

milletpuff, thanks. i am totally with you about a break... i feel a little overwhelmed with such a busy summer and starting ttc. i work a full time job (40hrs m-f) and then for 9 weekends in the summer i work weekends too (11 hrs a day). i am begining to wonder if that is having any effect on my results.... at any rate i feel compelled to try again this month because it is the last month that we could get prego and not have it effect my summer job next year (which wouldn't be the end of the world) but i would like to keep the job if for nothing else but extra income (and we will need it now that we are ttc).

i digressed, sorry...

everyone, i thank you. dp and i are very glad to have a network of people to be able to come to... it means so much to us to be able to hear from others in situations similar to ours.

#19 of 115 Old 08-07-2009, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

milletpuff, well, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this will be your month, and a break won't be needed.

DJK, moved ya! GL w/ this weekend's insems!

wehrli, I'm totally with you; it's SO amazing to have such a great support system at MDC.

AFM, this cycle can suck it. :-( Still waiting on those crosshairs. My temps are ridiculous. OMG can I please move on with my life??! Thanks.

/rant. (sorry!)

#20 of 115 Old 08-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, I am still rooting for everyone, even if I am not able to post much!

AF came yesterday so our cycle off has seemed so fast! I am expecting to O on August 23ish. We are flying our KD all the way to our little town in KS for that weekend. We'll be able to insem Fri, Sat, and Sun and Sunday is when I'm due to ovulate, so I am having a good feeling about this one! If we get pregnant this cycle it would mean we'd be having the baby right as school here is getting out and DW (who is a teacher) will be able to be home with us! I'm really excited about this try...

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#21 of 115 Old 08-08-2009, 03:33 PM

Sadly, I think we're going to have to be removed from the July BFP list. Dp's numbers haven't been doubling properly. I don't know where that leave us. I'll keep you updated. Today is her first day off of progesterone, so we're expecting blood within a few days. ugh.
#22 of 115 Old 08-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that. How are you doing?

#23 of 115 Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

KSDoulaMama, I moved ya! I hope this cycle is the one for you!

spcd, I'm SO sorry to hear this news. :-( Please KUP. I hope you and DP are hanging in there... Thinking about you.

#24 of 115 Old 08-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Spcd- sending lots of love your way...

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#25 of 115 Old 08-10-2009, 08:49 AM

Blood today and lots of it. Just trying to keep her fed and comfy. I guess we're back to waiting. We'll check in with the RE in a few days to see when we'll be ready next. I had a feeling this was too easy....
#26 of 115 Old 08-10-2009, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

I am thinking of you and dp, spcd.

Take good care of each other.

#27 of 115 Old 08-10-2009, 05:49 PM

Oh spcd, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's so hard. Courage and strength to you both at this rough time.

Just a warning -- the progesterone drop can produce postpartum-like symptoms, like severe depression. I wish I'd been told to expect that.

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#28 of 115 Old 08-10-2009, 06:17 PM

spcd - I'm so sorry.

FTMpapa - Welcome back!!!!

AFM - I'm back in the game (waiting to O) after an incredibly long (45 days!) break cycle. I'm still going to acupuncture and choking down the herbs he prescribed. Also re-introducing clomid. Hopefully this will be the perfect storm.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#29 of 115 Old 08-10-2009, 10:28 PM

PF, can we talk about the herbs? When my acupuncturist gave them to me, she suggested that they might taste "a bit medicinal."

EITHER THAT OR INSTANT :Puke

It was like mud with a little poo mixed in for flavor. Were yours that bad too?!

Anyway, welcome back

spcd, I'm thinking of you two. I'm so so sorry. I really hope you are doing OK, well, as well as possible.

AFU, we are waiting to know, I guess. We did one insem last night and another this morning. I am so crabby this cycle. I want this two weeks to be over so I can either be pregnant or on a break. I'm OVER it right now.

#30 of 115 Old 08-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Milletpuff - hahahahahahahaha. Exactly. I was with DP and my mother the first time I had them and it really triggered my gag reflex - so I asked them both to try it and they both said it didn't seem so bad to them. I couldn't believe it, but my mom suggested that perhaps that why they are prescribed for me.

The taste is bad - the the after-taste will kill you. Ugh. Right now my strategy is to drink it room temperature (seems to go down easier than hot, or even cold) with a chaser. I alternate sips between herbs and OJ.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page