Rainbow Flag Health Services? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-21-2009, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone had experience with them? I found a short thread about them from 2007, but I would love to hear from anyone who has used them. Thanks!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#2 of 5 Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 PM

Hey Escher, my friend used to work there. If you pm me, I'm happy to pass on your email to her w/questions.

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#3 of 5 Old 09-23-2009, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Cejae,

Thanks for the offer. I ended up talking to the head of the bank, and it turns out he is moving away from being a sperm bank and towards helping with a directed donors. I'm sad--I liked their policy of revealing the name of the donor after 3 months, and I don't know anything else like that. If anyone knows of any other banks where you can find out the identity before the kid is 18, let me know!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#4 of 5 Old 10-01-2009, 12:20 AM

I used them, my son is now six years old.

And if you talked with Leland, then you know that they are changing what services they offer. It's a shame, really. I have considered trying to squeeze another child in before my old eggs shrivel up and die, but now it looks like I'm SOL unless I use another bank.

I liked RFHS. I had good service and my son is beautiful I have met with the donor and met him and his family several times. We exchange holiday cards, mostly. It works out great.

Best wishes to you!
#5 of 5 Old 10-14-2009, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Madison,

Thanks for responding--it's nice to know you had a good experience with RFHS. Leland says he does still have some sperm left, he just isn't taking any more donations so when it is gone it is gone. I'm still thinking about using him for as long as I can (I would love the kind of arrangement you have with your son's donor), but I definitely know I'll have to be ready with a back-up plan for when his supply runs out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page