Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Deleted due to privacy infringement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I would offer for the child to come live with me. My son is gay, the thought of anyone, let alone his own father, beating him for it? And then even thinking about that sick therapy they put kids through?

No, no, no.

Absent that, I would call Child Protective Services to get the authorities involved. It's not legal to beat your child.

I feel absolutely sick. My heart is broken for this kid.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisbirdwillfly View Post
I would offer for the child to come live with me. My son is gay, the thought of anyone, let alone his own father, beating him for it? And then even thinking about that sick therapy they put kids through?

No, no, no.

Absent that, I would call Child Protective Services to get the authorities involved. It's not legal to beat your child.

I feel absolutely sick. My heart is broken for this kid.

I feel the same way. CPS is the most viable route. Short of kidnapping, no one would let anyone take him. Most helpless feeling ever. I think CPS is the only route.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:35 PM

It broke my heart to read your story. Short of CPS you can also give your nephew the number and web address of the Trevor Project. It is a crisis and suicide hotline for young GLBTQ folks. While he's not suicidal they also deal with teens in crisis situations.

Here is the website: http://www.thetrevorproject.org/
And the phone number: 1866-4-U-Trevor
There's also the GLBT National Help center: http://www.youthtalkline.org/ It has a specific phone number for GLBT youth to call for help: 1800-246-PRIDE

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:06 PM

aside from all of the legal issues with child protection (which might very well be warranted), you can also be a part of his life and let him know that he is okay just for who he is even if his family doesn't agree with that. it can make a big difference in a lgbt person's life just to know that there is someone who thinks he/she is okay. even from far away, you can provide that information to him and love him without rejecting him.

having a hotline to call like cejae suggested will also be great for him.

good luck to you and your family - it's a shame it is still like this for young people coming out!

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10

User Tag List