October Queer Conceptions - Ready to *FALL* in love w/ our future babes! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 310 Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Queer Conceptions - October 2009

Waiting to O
  • shadow22
  • osker
  • Miss Scarlettr
  • Rainbowvalley Mama

: Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW :
  • cejae
  • lyndzies :
  • danjelle
  • FtMPapa - following Clomid & IUI 10/30
  • joyseattle
: Working on the Long IVF Protocol :
  • Shadow22 with DP's eggs
Taking a Break & Figuring Things Out & Waiting to be Ready
  • wehrli :
  • SPCD & Dp
  • erthe_mama
  • bttrflygypsy
  • Hoping2bMoms
:2009 Graduates!
October BFPs
  • Beastie
  • JJNoho
  • Astro & DP Fozziebear
  • Mommies 2 Be
  • megincl & ktcl

September BFPs
  • elismum1908
  • KSDoulaMama
  • pleasantlyfurious
August BFPs
  • chicagoml
  • wishin'&hopin'
July BFPs
  • hbog
  • kimlyn32
May BFPs
  • indigoscot's dp
April BFPs
  • Kelmendi
  • KJM
  • whoabethy
  • carmen
March BFPs
  • scalpel
  • katwomyn4
February BFP
  • deny_zoo29
January BFP
  • jodybird511
:2008 Graduates!

December BFPs
  • DM630
  • raene
  • wazzmum
October BFPs
  • JennM1021
  • lexbeach's DP
  • QTRANDI
September BFP
  • Ellie74
August BFPs
  • heart-n-bones
  • Love My Family
July BFPs
  • giggleblue
  • pranava
  • MamaCaveBear
  • quasar (and DP smartycat)
June BFPs
  • starling&diesel
  • PiGirl
  • Erica12009
April BFPs
  • tigermiep
  • MujerMamaMismo
  • tiggerkong22
  • simcon
  • 2happymamas
March BFPs
  • JenInMpls
  • mahrens77
January BFP
  • cookie70
:2007 Graduates!

December BFP
  • Scalpel
November BFPs
  • mamimapster
  • AngelaM
  • solejean
  • lmh222
[/LEFT][/QUOTE]

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#2 of 310 Old 09-30-2009, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Ok everyone, welcome to October!

I tried to do some housekeeping, and I basically moved everyone who hasn't posted in at least a couple of weeks to "Taking a Break from the Board" which really cleaned things up, but now that list is somewhat ridiculously long.

I was thinking maybe we could take those names off. When they're ready to come back, they'll come back. (Lurkers, if you really want to stay there, let me know and I'll make a category called "Lurkers" for any of you.) I won't touch it for a few days, but if nobody feels strongly about it, I will delete that section.

Please check where you are listed, and if it's wrong, let me know.

Off we go! Who's testing first in October? I feel it must be SPCD's partner and then me. I test starting Oct 9th...which really means the 8th, because I am incorrigible.

So we should start with the BFPs around then.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#3 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread, Papa. It looks great, and seems like excellent timing for you to have thread-keeper's luck this cycle.

I think I may have won the first-to-test-in-October incorrigible award, because we just tested this morning (9DPO). BFN. But it's early still, and also, even though I used FMU, it was unusually dilute. So I'll wait and try again in a few days (if I can hold out that long). In the meantime, I'm leaving this afternoon for that wedding in SF, which will be super fun and queer and distracting, except that it will also make my chart a mess. So I may have to remain in suspense right up to the end. For what it's worth, I still *feel* like I might be pregnant, and I am known for my incurable optimism, so I'm just assuming I'm knocked up until I know different.

In other news, I can't tell you how comfortable and right it feels to know that I am surrounded and supported here by a fully-qualified group of professional nerds! Hooray for queer academics, and for TTC in professions that don't always nurture the idea that we can have full personal and professional lives AT THE SAME TIME! And be gay!

FX for the next early-October testers (may you have better results than I did this time), and to all the almost-ovulators and almost-IVFers, with donors at the ready and tanks of sperm standing by and embryos ready...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#4 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 08:14 AM

Okay, you just raised my anxiety a bit... I guess I was pretending that it wasn't almost October... but now it is! Oct 1 was my deadline for so many things (in my head)... YIKES! I better get busy!

We met with a RE last night and now we have a first appointment in two weeks! holy cow! I feel like we just jumped on a fast moving train and we're flying around a huge corner just trying to hang on!
The woman who gave us the tour of the site actually said, "well, with the way things work here, you could be pregnant by Christmas!" and I just wanted to laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.... then secretly I was thinking, really? that would be SO AWESOME!
So, it's a big roller coaster over here. Our last tank of swimmers arrives for at-home today and we're very nearly ready for them.
The next six weeks are going to be crazy!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#5 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 AM

well, we're not early pee-ers. we're scaredy cats and like to hold onto hope until the very last minute. our beta is schedule for the 10th but dp is going to be out of town all day with her academic quiz team (talk about dorky!!) so she's going in on Sunday the 11th. We likely won't test before then. So FTMPapa, it's all you! However, I think we're on the same day 5dpo today, right? We're technically 2dp3dt, but same thing.

Yay for October. Sweater weather, crock-pot cooking, leaf-peeping, BFP-getting season.
#6 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 AM

papa, thanks for the new thread! may it bring you MUCHO luck!!!!

beastie, sorry for the bfn, but you have time!! have fun this weekend, for sure!

spcd, good for you for waiting to POAS... i am a fan of waiting, too.

osker, preggers by christmas?! that would be spectacular, right?!

afm, we are hoping to get that BFP right before xmas, too! we will be starting back up in dec... which seems like an eternity!!!!!!!!!!! i can't stand it, the waiting i mean. i have my appt this morning to discuss treatment for low progesterone and maybe we can talk about clomid... i really didn't want the help of drugs but if there is a possibility that my follies aren't strong enough or O isn't regular enough, then away we go... we just want this soooooooooo bad... ya know?! (and i know you do! )

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#7 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 10:59 AM

papa - reporting for duty! thanks for leading the charge on managing this thread. hopefully it will bring you good luck

we can officially be moved to waiting to know! we did an iui last night after work and another this morning. based upon my cervix (i think my dp is feeling the impact of my neuroses and my need to keep looking) last night and this morning, i am confident i ovulated overnight...which means our timing seems to have been impeccable. i was also having some pretty strong ovualtion pain - perhaps due to my first cycle with clomid & squeezing out a few eggs that are ripe for the picking?

our midwives were both wonderful and supportive - a different one fo reach iui. i am glad it worked out with them because i really like them and didn't want to have to go elsewhere.

here's to some wonderful testings coming up this month for many of us we plan to wait as long as possible which will be 14dpo or 10/15.

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#8 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie View Post
I think I may have won the first-to-test-in-October incorrigible award, because we just tested this morning (9DPO). BFN. But it's early still, and also, even though I used FMU, it was unusually dilute. So I'll wait and try again in a few days (if I can hold out that long).
ugh stuck in that mystery period of testing early - yuck! hopefully you will have so much fun that you won't be thinking about it - yeah right, i know, i laughed at myself as i typed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osker View Post
The woman who gave us the tour of the site actually said, "well, with the way things work here, you could be pregnant by Christmas!" and I just wanted to laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.... then secretly I was thinking, really? that would be SO AWESOME!
So, it's a big roller coaster over here. Our last tank of swimmers arrives for at-home today and we're very nearly ready for them.
The next six weeks are going to be crazy!
how fabulous would that be! best of luck and hold on tight for the roller coaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcd View Post
Yay for October. Sweater weather, crock-pot cooking, leaf-peeping, BFP-getting season.
i can support the BFP getting part of the season and even get into the crock pot cooking, but i am strongly against the sweater wearing. i couldn't beleive how cold i was when i got up this morning and that i am wearing a sweater to work as a result! yuck!

#9 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 12:26 PM

Papa - thank you SO much for taking over the new thread. I agree about removing some peeps from the list. It is crazy long. And, if they're still around, they'll ask to be added back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osker View Post
Okay, you just raised my anxiety a bit... I guess I was pretending that it wasn't almost October... but now it is! Oct 1 was my deadline for so many things (in my head)... YIKES! I better get busy!
Um, me too. The amount of work (both personal and professional) I have to attend to/complete this month is f-ing ridiculous! But, Parkinson's Law and all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcd View Post
I LOOOOOOOOVE October. It might be my favorite month of all of them.

AND, as far as it being BFP-getting season, it really couldn't be more perfect, right? Because delivering a June baby means not having to be ridiculously uncomfortable AND dealing with the sweltering heat of July/August simultaneously.

Beastie - Definitely still early! Git yerself off to that wedding and enjoy some TTC distraction for a bit. No better cure for early testing/obsessing!

wehrli - Glad you're out of the holding pattern and moving forward!!! Yippee!

AFM - Not much to report. Still sticking with the plan to insem Fri-Mon. Drinking some grapefruit juice right now, and will move on to green tea after noon. No + OPK yet, but starting to get a fade-in from yesterday (I peed earlier than I was planning... the story of my life) so should be + w/in the next couple of days. My money is on Saturday, but we'll see!

Also, I know this sounds cheesy, but I just did a fertility meditation, and feel like a million bucks right now. Much less anxious, and when I was done, I felt like I had taken a nap! ... having my own office definitely has it's benefits.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#10 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 12:56 PM

just got back from the doc... very low progresterone and low estradiol. higher levels of testosterone, too. he says possible PCOS. but he also said, "if you want to get pregnant, we'll get you pregnant." sounds great to me! so clomid it is...
i was aprehensive about seeing a man doc but he is pretty alright. he is taking into consideration that we are spending lots of $ just to try, so he want me to schedule an hsg... but i will wait until november, maybe, as we won't be trying again until december and i want that "powerwashing" effect to work to our advantage!

baby dust to all!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#11 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 PM

wehrli, my dp has "borderline" pcos and she got pg on clomid. i'm glad you were able to get some answers. dp was also put on metformin and stayed on it until 3 months pg.

good luck!
g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#12 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Totally bring on the crockpot cooking. . . I cook in mine all the time anyway, but I did ribs and pork chops last week, and I'm planning to do squash soup and carrot soup this week.

It is very, very fall like today here in the heart of leaf-peeping western Mass.

Incidentally, SPCD, we're at the same fertility clinic. If I ever go back. I saw the doc whose last name starts with O but I'm hoping to switch to the one that everyone likes with the impossible to pronounce name that starts with W. Whcih one do you see? Who do you like?

I saw my doc today, and she was awesome as usual. I'm still hopeful for this cycle, but if not, I'm going to have to go back to that clinic in about two weeks. Argh. I got copies of my chart from my OBGYN and RE two years ago from my doc this morning, and I remembered *four* follicles on Clomid, but the chart made it seem more like eight follies over 15 mm, four on each ovary, when I took 100 mg Clomid on CD 3-7. Maybe they didn't all hatch into eggs, but still!

Beastie - a BFN at 9 DPO so does not count!

Osker - pregnant by Xmas sounds good!

JJNoho - I've moved you. Did the midwives prescribe Clomid for you or did they just do the monitoring and the insems? I wonder if I could do midwife monitoring and trigger shots. . . hmmm.

Wehrli - the good news is that PCOS is highly treatable. It's hard to hear that something might be wrong, but it's better to have that be it than virtually anything else. I've had good experiences with man docs, often. Especially the RE I saw a million years ago, well before I started trying, he was great.

Oh, and symptom watch: I definitely feel something in my uterus. Burrowing and implanting or a big, thick lining building up from all thep rogesterone? Time will tell. . . .

#13 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
JJNoho - I've moved you. Did the midwives prescribe Clomid for you or did they just do the monitoring and the insems? I wonder if I could do midwife monitoring and trigger shots. . . hmmm.
yep, the midwives did the clomid & insems but no monitoring. i know the holyoke group will do monitoring and trigger shots - a friend went there and they did that for her because she didn't like taking her temp and having to poas!

let's not put the cart before the horse and already plan for the next cycle, since you are already pregnant right?

#14 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnoho View Post
let's not put the cart before the horse and already plan for the next cycle, since you are already pregnant right?

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#15 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 05:07 PM
DJK

Papa can you move us to September BFP? Thanks!!!

Me DP of 3 year jumping into the great divide with our dog
#16 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK View Post
Papa can you move us to September BFP? Thanks!!!

#17 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnoho View Post

I wish I could think like that - the reality is that if I want to do anything different, I need to be in someone's office on CD 3, and so I should be booking an appointment now...but I will be happy to cancel it if you're right. . .

#18 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 05:56 PM

With all this crockpot talking around here I just have to put a plug in for the best crockpot cookbook. It's called Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker. How gay is that? Sharing cooking tips on a TTC board?

Papa, I'm going with burrowing sensations, not progesterone! When can you test?

wehrli, I'm sorry that the test results were less than perfect, but the doc sounds super positive! I know for me that makes a world of difference.

AFM, after 4 days of fertile mucus (usually I get 1 or 2) I got the IUI this morning. Then got to meet and introduce my intellectual hero. It's nice to know I'm among some nerdy types who understand that. So all in all it's been a good first half of the cycle. . Start progesterone tomorrow and let the waiting begin.

Papa, can you move me to waiting to know?

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#19 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:

Incidentally, SPCD, we're at the same fertility clinic. If I ever go back. I saw the doc whose last name starts with O but I'm hoping to switch to the one that everyone likes with the impossible to pronounce name that starts with W. Whcih one do you see? Who do you like?
We're very happy there. I've actually seen all the docs at some point or another (they did many of my iui's too) and like them all. I don't think Dr. O actually sees patients anymore. I would highly reccommend Dr. L - she's been nothing but wonderful to us. Really I love the nurses and the u/s tech. She left the OR crossing her fingers for us on Tuesday. But boy do I hope we're finished there!!!!
#20 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the rec, Cejae, and I'm moving you! Extra CM sounds like a good sign!!!

Here is my favourite crockpottin' resource - http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ She rocks. I have a few cookbooks, but I'm kind of a download guy and I keep a binder of recipes I like. With tabbed sections and page protectors and everything.

#21 of 310 Old 10-01-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I'm kind of a download guy and I keep a binder of recipes I like. With tabbed sections and page protectors and everything.
Papa, I read that as tabbed sections and POCKET protectors! Guess that makes me a dork too!

#22 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cejae View Post

I got the IUI this morning. Then got to meet and introduce my intellectual hero. It's nice to know I'm among some nerdy types who understand that.
I totally feel you on that cejae! I work in higher Ed and on the day I'll likely be doing my next iui I have a big workshop to do and I'm actually looking forward to it. Yay for nerdy types!
#23 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 10:30 AM

Okeedoke kiddos. Insem #1 of cycle #3 of "active" trying and month 7 of TTC total. Will this be it? Only time will tell.

Heading over to KD's at 1pm to get this show on the road. Here's the lowdown:
  • No +OPK yet, but wouldn't think I'd be Oing till Sunday or Monday anyhow. So thinking this is perfectly fine. The swim team can just hang out and warm up before the big race.
  • Very slippery and thin EWCM, just inside. Think this is good for spermies (as opposed to the more "gloppy" EWCM? ... sorry for being so graphic). Still nice and stretchy, just very thin. Maybe from all the green tea??
  • Temp didn't drop as much as it has in the past on this CD... hoping that this doesn't really mean anything.
  • I'm supposed to bring KD the other three tupperware cups that he uses for the upcoming three insems, but while looking for them all this morning, I realized I only had two... the other one was in the fridge containing leftover tomato paste. DP must have use it last week! Um, oh well.
  • One of my three syringes broke so now I only have two for four insems. I'm worries that 48 hours isn't enough drying time for washing in between. Thinking I'm being too paranoid about this.
  • I've been doing 10 minute fertility meditations for the last two days. Will do one again before inseming, and after.
  • Will have my Instead Cup at the ready, as per usual!
  • Finally remembered to bring a pillow for under my hips to bring to KD's house. I've been forgetting this since moving the insems from my place to his...
  • DP is REALLY sick w/ some sort of flu (not H1N1, though) and I'm super worried I'm coming down w/ something. My head is killing me and I'm really congested. I hope this doesn't interfere w/ life creation!!!

Please cross your fingers for me that everything goes smoothly! I always feel so confident until I actually push the plunger. Then I start questioning EVERYTHING. :P

ETA - Um, I would very much appreciate a crock pot meal waiting for me when I get home. I suppose I'll have to settle for this weekend, since I'd would have had to start the 'pot this morning! Thanks for all the recipe suggestions!

#24 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 AM

bttrflygypsy, ha! So glad you understand. I think it's great you'll have a workshop to take your mind off the obsession. Plus, it has to be good mojo to spend the iui day doing what you enjoy and are good at.

Lyndzies, fingers crossed for you! Don't worry about the syringes. All you need to do is wash with soap and water. If you are worried about drying break out a blowdryer . Get lots of rest so you don't get sick!

AFM, insemmed yesterday and then spent the day doing a total fangirl geek out over big name social theorist. My temp is wacky this month, but cervical mucus has been great. So who knows....Here's the chart: My Ovulation Chart

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#25 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 AM

Wahoo for the insem and then the fangirl geek out. And now I'm dying to know who said social theorist is.

AFU -- I just wrote the last sentence of the dissertation draft. Getting some writing group feedback today, advisor feedback in the next few days, then submission. But pounding out that last sentence felt good!

Katie had bloodwork done yesterday and her numbers look good. Same dose of gonal-f yesterday and today, ultrasound tomorrow. She thinks ER is coming sooner rather than later as she's feeling very "egg-y". Thinking that's a great sign!

be well all,
megin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cejae View Post
bttrflygypsy, ha! So glad you understand. I think it's great you'll have a workshop to take your mind off the obsession. Plus, it has to be good mojo to spend the iui day doing what you enjoy and are good at.

Lyndzies, fingers crossed for you! Don't worry about the syringes. All you need to do is wash with soap and water. If you are worried about drying break out a blowdryer . Get lots of rest so you don't get sick!

AFM, insemmed yesterday and then spent the day doing a total fangirl geek out over big name social theorist. My temp is wacky this month, but cervical mucus has been great. So who knows....Here's the chart: My Ovulation Chart

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#26 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 11:57 AM

Can we please be moved over to "waiting to know"?
Thanks!

(now back to your regularly scheduled dissertation work. ugh.)

ETA: MEGIN! WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Way to go! Hooray! yipppeeeeeee!

#27 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Wahoo for the insem and then the fangirl geek out. And now I'm dying to know who said social theorist is.

AFU -- I just wrote the last sentence of the dissertation draft.
LAST SENTENCE OF THE DISSERTATION DRAFT! WAHOOO!!!:

Go treat yourself to some little thing to celebrate. That's huge. Revising is so much easier than creating.

#28 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 12:25 PM

all this talk about dissertations and academics takes me back so many years. i can identify with all that stress from when i completed my doctorate degree and am so glad that i am not there any more!

sorry to all of you who are in disseration hell & wishing you much success!

#29 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 01:16 PM

Is there some crazy "requirement" around here that we all either have doctorates or be on our way to one in order to get preggers or something? Craziness!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#30 of 310 Old 10-02-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Is there some crazy "requirement" around here that we all either have doctorates or be on our way to one in order to get preggers or something? Craziness!
The combined credentials really are astounding.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page