my intro ~ single queer prego mama (of soon to be 5) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-01-2009, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi !
Thought I'd say hello & introduce myself. I'm Mara, due in January with my 5th child (it's a girl!) I've got 4 older kids ~ Dd 11, Ds 9, Ds 6, Dd 2. Their dad and I separated earlier this year and we should be divorced by sometime in 2010.

I actually came out when I was 17 and then still managed to end up married to a guy for 11 years ~ go fig. I blame it on being raised mormon & living in Utah (I am responsible for my own actions though)

The ex always knew I was gay although he is the type that tries to reject all labels and stereotypes. So when I came out to him again a couple of weeks ago while we were talking about the relationship he responded with "I don't see why you are making such a big deal about this. I've always known you liked girls way more than guys. I've never though you had a problem with telling people about it either."

I don't think I was really able to get him to understand that while yes ~ he knew I was gay and our friends knew I "liked girls" I still felt like a big phony because I'm in married with kids ~ living in utah and people just assume I'm straight. Not to mention the ex always complaining I wasn't affectionate, didn't want to have sex, etc... etc... At least I was able to explain that it wasn't fair to either of us if we stayed married.

Life has been looking so much better now that I'm all the way out again (even though I still live in Utah.) One of my friends even made me go to the lesbian bar in SLC with him. I got to be the designated driver since I'm prego. It was still fun even though I didn't get to drink. I've also had several offers of babysitting so that I can start dating again!

Thanks for reading

Queer single mama to DD 11, DS 9, DS 6, DD 2, and baby girl Due in Jan 2010
We ~ Homeschool ~ No Vax ~ No Circ ~ Co-Sleep ~ AP Parent
#2 of 2 Old 11-01-2009, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks for sharing your story and welcome to our eclectic group!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page