November Queer Conceptions - hoping for a bun in the oven (and not of the Thanksgiving dinner variety!) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Papa I've only been on this board for a few weeks but teared right up here in the cafe (where I'm supposed to be working) when I read your post along with everyone else's enthusiastic and supportive responses. It looks SO good! You must be really nervous and afraid to get invested...but this is incredibly positive news! All of us will be hanging on for Friday (if you can really wait that long to test again ) and sending you lots of sticky vibes.

Astropeep Seeing that heartbeat is just the most amazing thing...especially when you've been through so much. Congratulations!

Lyndzies I think you are doing great with the TWW--who cares if you get obsessive. That's the name of this game, no? Just a few more days to wait...

AFM...our conversation with our prospective donor and his wife went beautifully last night. The best part, for me, was that my LP was getting excited, too. She has really never felt able to parent a second child (energy issues, overwhelmed by parenting), while I have felt strongly about having a second child, and we've gone back and forth for nearly FOUR years (dd is 7). But she agreed to move forward, and I've been really careful not to expect her to be very excited at this stage. But she *was* excited during our skype call, in part because of how moving it is to do this with close friends who are so generously involving themselves in our lives in this way.
The disappointing part is that we'll probably have to wait...until JAN., because the donor screening and deposits will take until the end of the month, and then we'll be traveling in December...so it will have to be late January. Sigh. I feel really, really good about the path we're on, though, so I'll just have to TRY to be patient.

In the meantime, my thoughts are with all of you who are struggling on through this tough part of your own parenting journeys...

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#62 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 12:49 PM

papa- that is most definitely a line! i see it quite clearly. congratulations. what a turn of events from the beginning of your cycle when you had all but written it off completely! let us know when we can start with the dancing veggies!!

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#63 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 12:58 PM

Dancing veggies can start after the beta!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#64 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Dancing veggies can start after the beta!
Is that also when I get to move you?

When's the beta so I can put it on my brain calendar? Lol.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#65 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 02:25 PM

DEFINITELY a line, papa!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#66 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Oh Papa! I was just thinking about you on this morning's walk to work, and hoping this cycle was your lucky month. OMG! My fingers are crossed that you get a good strong beta that doubles right.

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#67 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 02:48 PM

astropeep - that's so exciting about the heartbeat!!!

papa - that' so crazy amazing about your lfp at 11dpo!!! Can't wait for your beta results!

AFM - 10dpo and just trying to let the obsessive thoughts pass, saying my mantra as needed and refocusing on other stuff.

Joy (29), wife to C (28) and dog-momma to Kai (6).
After a ridiculously long break, we resumed ttc (me carrying) with frozen donor sperm, home insem day of O (11/20) = bfp! Wishing for a sticky baby!

#68 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Is that also when I get to move you?

When's the beta so I can put it on my brain calendar? Lol.
Yes! You can move me when I get a good beta.

I'm going in for draw # 1 this afternoon. I hope the number isn't like 4 or something.

Draw # 2 is on Thursday, so I think I'll get the results on...Friday? I don't really know, but I'll be nagging the lab about it.

Maybe I should have actually waited for 14 DPO to do the beta, but I am not that kind of guy.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#69 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 03:15 PM

Assistance please--How do you create a signature?

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#70 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 03:23 PM

amandahope, go to the usercp menu on the upper lhs of the screen and then click on signature.

papa, for a good strong beta.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#71 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 04:38 PM

I haven't logged on to MDC in quite a while, but I had to come and say CONGRATS PAPA!!!!

and for a strong beta.

lemurmommies, loving wife to ruvalokiteshvara, proud moms to our intact son E (12/06), and mourning the loss of our daughter Noelle (stillborn 12/08).
#72 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 04:50 PM

Papa - Ok I replied to the other thread before I read the request for no dancing veggies over here - but believe it or not, that WAS me toning down my excitment.

so so so so so so so happy for you!!!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#73 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 06:21 PM

Papa: My beta blooddraws were at 8am, and results were ready by 3pm same-day. I don't see why you should wait for 14 DPO.

I am hoping your beta #1 is a big fat number.

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#74 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 PM

Astro - no, I meant, maybe I should have waited 'til 14 DPO to have it drawn...whatever, I can just get another if I need to.

I had it drawn at 4:00 this aft, and I'll get my results tomorrow around noonish.

#75 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 09:06 PM

Yeah, that text message about you, papa, made my crazy day awesome! I'm so excited for you... and will wait with baited breath for the more definitive version because I know how much that means. wow, could we both actually graduate from this thread this month??!! What'll they do without us old timers over here??

Katie, DW to Megin, Mamma to Quinn (7y.o.) and Wylie, born 07-04-10
#76 of 256 Old 11-10-2009, 09:29 PM

Been lurking for a while here and just wanted to say congrats, papa! Good luck with the betas! My dancing veggies are practicing their little routine for Friday.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#77 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 03:13 AM

Papa, OMG that is a line. Hoping beyond hope that it is a sticky bean. We got a super faint BFP at 11 DPO on an internet cheapie. So faint quasar thought it was negative. But a first response was the one that clinched the deal. Can't wait to hear your betas.

And astropeep... congrats on the heartbeat!! What a great day!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#78 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to share the news, of which I'm quite proud, that I did not temp this morning.

Papa, any more pics to share, or are you just saving your $$ and waiting for the beta results today? FX for you!! (I'm super busy today, but will be popping on here to see if you have any news!).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#79 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 AM

omfg!!! papa yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!

so happy for you
#80 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
I just wanted to share the news, of which I'm quite proud, that I did not temp this morning.

Papa, any more pics to share, or are you just saving your $$ and waiting for the beta results today? FX for you!! (I'm super busy today, but will be popping on here to see if you have any news!).
I'm waiting for the beta today! I already called my doc's office to see if the results are in, and left a message for her to call me back.

I am staying away from the test for now...I meant to get some $ tree tests last night, but I got there too late and they were closed, so I'm saving my $ and staring at yesterday's test.

Also, I'm kind of constipated, which is very unusual for me, and my nipples have been sore the past couple of days....so I feel pretty good about that.

My stomach feels a little off, too, and I've still got my twitchy little twinges, too.

I'll update again when I get the call back about the beta! Until then, we sit tight.

#81 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcl View Post
Yeah, that text message about you, papa, made my crazy day awesome! I'm so excited for you... and will wait with baited breath for the more definitive version because I know how much that means. wow, could we both actually graduate from this thread this month??!! What'll they do without us old timers over here??
They'll just have to come join us over in Q&P! At least we know we won't be stuck in queer and pregnant as long as we've been here. I think we've been on this thread since it started.

I will be very excited if I do indeed get to move with you!

#82 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktcl View Post
wow, could we both actually graduate from this thread this month??!! What'll they do without us old timers over here??
I have no idea what we'll do. Your collective experience and advice have been INVALUABLE! So don't permanently desert us, please.

Crap. Looking at the list, I *think* (but am not positive) that once Papa officially graduates, I might be the "new old-timer" actively TTC on this board.

That's.... strange to me. We've been TTC for 8 month, but have only actually had 5 rounds of insems. That doesn't SEEM like too terribly long, relatively speaking.

Hm, I guess to avoid that I'll just have to join you both over there this month. 9 more days till expected AF........

#83 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 02:36 PM

just dropping by lookin' for a beta update...lol!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#84 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 PM

Hi Papa- I don't normally post here but just wanted to say hooray to you and best of luck for a good beta. in my limited time at MDC your posts have been so, so helpful and i wish you all the best!
#85 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 05:42 PM

PAPA!!!!!! I'm so happy about the BFP! I'm waiting waiting waiting to hear the beta number today...

I've just been lurking for a while. Just made it through cycle number 10 only to receive another BFN. And I just feel defeated. though I have to say Papa's experience is inspirational! Sometimes these things just take time I suppose.

Lyndzies my friend, I think we may be tied for senior status at this point. I think I first posted in mid-February? Scary. I'm hoping this will be your last TWW!

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#86 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
They'll just have to come join us over in Q&P! At least we know we won't be stuck in queer and pregnant as long as we've been here. I think we've been on this thread since it started.

I will be very excited if I do indeed get to move with you!
Don't worry ladies... we'll hit THREE YEARS of ttc in January, so no worries about being the old maids for you guys.

Papa, I can't wait to hear about your beta!!!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#87 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 07:57 PM

No beta update yet...fooey.

I'll call them again first thing in the AM. And I have to go in for bloodwork again tomorrow, so I'll nag them then!

#88 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
No beta update yet...fooey.

I'll call them again first thing in the AM. And I have to go in for bloodwork again tomorrow, so I'll nag them then!
That is cruel and unusual punishment.

Sure, it's a holiday....whatever. There are hundreds of people waiting on this result! Don't they know??????????

Looking forward to the great news in the morn, Papa.

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#89 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 PM

I agree! What are they thinking???

When I check in for the update I will be checking from Canada, which seems so appropriate!
Fingers crossed!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#90 of 256 Old 11-11-2009, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lyndzies That is quite the dip! Hopefully that's a really good sign! for you!
Yeah, hopefully we keep being that comfortable with KD. Heehee.

astropeep I'm so excited about that little heartbeat in the sac! Go stickybean, go!

FtMPapa Holy mackerel, that made my day! I teared up, and then told DP who also teared up! (I tell her all about the people on this board... lol) We're really rooting for high beta results for you.

I'm a queer, poly, pagan, (dis)abled, crazy, crunchy, intersectionally-minded feminist. fsonj & I are mamas to our unschooled/freeschooled 12yo & 3yo!  (Ask me about co-breastfeeding, supplementing at the breast, inducing lactation, eating placentas, undisturbed birth, and parenting a genderqueer child with Aspergers!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page