November Queer Conceptions - hoping for a bun in the oven (and not of the Thanksgiving dinner variety!) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 256 Old 11-13-2009, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
You guys, I'm starting to get all kinds of hope for this cycle. Darnit. I was trying to "expect nothing and therefore not be disappointed."
Oh well!
I never bought the whole don't get your hopes up thing.... It *is* disappointing, no matter how much you hope you held, when it doesn't work....so why not enjoy the hope? Even if you don't want to be hopeful, Lyndzies, I'm hopeful for you! Four more days before you test, huh? Hang in there!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#122 of 256 Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
I never bought the whole don't get your hopes up thing.... It *is* disappointing, no matter how much you hope you held, when it doesn't work....so why not enjoy the hope? Even if you don't want to be hopeful, Lyndzies, I'm hopeful for you! Four more days before you test, huh? Hang in there!
Ugh, no! 7 whole days! I won't test 'till AF is late (at least, that's what I like to tell myself), which will be next Friday (I have a 14 day LP).

I'm thankful for my "normal" LP, but hate the waiting!

Thanks for the hope.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#123 of 256 Old 11-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Hmmmm... Here's a question for y'all. I Lh surged and o'd late this cycle day 16/17. I always have normal 28 day cycle, so should I be thinking more in the line if dpo/dpiui or impending AF? She should be here thurs the 19th.

Papa-- still holding out hope for you!!! Xo

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#124 of 256 Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Hmmmm... Here's a question for y'all. I Lh surged and o'd late this cycle day 16/17. I always have normal 28 day cycle, so should I be thinking more in the line if dpo/dpiui or impending AF? She should be here thurs the 19th.

Papa-- still holding out hope for you!!! Xo
If you O'd late, go by what ever your normal LP is. If your LP is usually 14 days, you can expect AF 15dpo, etc.

Our cycles may vary due to late O (i.e. the follicular phase can vary), but LP rarely changes by much more than a day or so (unless some sort of LP disorder, etc.).

HTH!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#125 of 256 Old 11-13-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYumYumMama View Post
papa, i came back over here because i couldn't remember if you'd had a trigger shot, and i just saw here that you did. couldn't THAT be the reason for your faint BFPs? maybe the hcg from the trigger was still exiting your system and showing up in your urine, and maybe the blood test was just done too early to know if you are actually pregnant or not. just curious...
Hi Yummy! I know who you are now...

I don't think so. It was way too dark for that. Besides, I've done 3 trigger cycles before, and never had a positive like this from that.

So, I'm definitely not pregnant anymore.

Things are STILL chaotic and unclear with the insurance coverage, this time is not the insurance company, we're good, now I'm back to the clinic refusing to submit the claims.

My big worry is assuaged, the insurance did cover my meds. I'm in the big leagues now, Gonal-F, which costs $2500.00. (I paid, erm, $15.00. I do have excellent insurance, and I feel really lucky for that, but also a tad guilty because I have friends who are paying co-pays that add up to be pretty much what I pay in rent each month.)

So, it's going to be another exciting month of ultrasound, bloodwork, injections, and inseminations. It's already started, I've had blood drawn three times in the past four days.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#126 of 256 Old 11-13-2009, 07:43 PM

Megin!!!! & Katie!!!! & Q!!!!! & THE LITTLE ONE!!!!!

I'm so happy for you guys!

You're PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

Wow, it's been a good month for IVF around here!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#127 of 256 Old 11-13-2009, 11:44 PM

megincl Wow, a heartbeat!! That's amazing!!

Lyndzies My DP could totally relate to you over the crying at work thing... I sure hope things get easier for you!!

FtMPapa I'm sorry to hear that. for you for this upcoming cycle though!!

afm, Not much has changed here... we're still waiting to hear from our busy lawyer so we can sign the papers, but it looks as if we'll be ttc for REAL in December!!! Everything else is all set up!! Yayyyyy!!!! Does this mean we can be put on "Waiting to O"?

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#128 of 256 Old 11-14-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Popping in to say that we saw a heartbeat this morning!

Everything looks great with the pregnancy at this point. For the first time, I feel like I can say "Katie is pregnant!" (instead of "the IVF worked").

This all is still beyond hard to believe. But I'm getting there.....

be well all,
megin
OMG, this is great news!!!

Congrats to your family!!!

smartycatpartners.gif quasar.  Mommies to two boys.
#129 of 256 Old 11-14-2009, 09:42 AM
kjm

Megin & Katie!!!!! congrats on the heartbeat!!! It is soooo wonderful!!!

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#130 of 256 Old 11-14-2009, 11:41 AM

Thanks, all!!!!!!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#131 of 256 Old 11-14-2009, 01:25 PM

Craptastic. I'm driving two hours to go to the freakin' pharmacy to get my meds, turns out UPS guaranteed Saturday delivery is not so guaranteed afterall. It's also not a good idea to leave temperature sensitive meds in the back of a truck for two days instead of 18 hours.

Whee, roadtrip!

#132 of 256 Old 11-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Or not...turns out the package was delivered to my landlady's front door (in spite of a sign saying to come around to my door)...but somehow the tracking information online was wrong.

Whatever, I have my meds! I start the Gonal-F tomorrow.

#133 of 256 Old 11-14-2009, 04:05 PM

megincl - Congrats on the heartbeat and change of verbiage about this pregnancy!

Papa - I'm glad you got your med and are looking forward to this new cycle.

AFM - I'm at 14 dpo (1 day past my longest LP since charting) with a slight temp drop this am (after a less than solid night sleep), huge/tender breasts, high cervix, slight backache and a non-fmu hpt negative. I guess I'm waiting for morning and if I haven't started bleeding and my temp is up enough to warrant it, I'll poas with fmu. Right now though, I just want to know!

Joy (29), wife to C (28) and dog-momma to Kai (6).
After a ridiculously long break, we resumed ttc (me carrying) with frozen donor sperm, home insem day of O (11/20) = bfp! Wishing for a sticky baby!

#134 of 256 Old 11-15-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyseattle View Post
I'm at 14 dpo (1 day past my longest LP since charting) with a slight temp drop this am (after a less than solid night sleep), huge/tender breasts, high cervix, slight backache and a non-fmu hpt negative. I guess I'm waiting for morning and if I haven't started bleeding and my temp is up enough to warrant it, I'll poas with fmu. Right now though, I just want to know!
Good luck!!!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#135 of 256 Old 11-15-2009, 12:47 AM

Joyseattle - sounds promising! :fingerx for tomorrow!

#136 of 256 Old 11-15-2009, 12:49 AM

Joy

OOOhh sounds like all good signs to me! We are pulling for you, and wishing for a fast, restful night and a BFP in the morning!

Good luck to you!

#137 of 256 Old 11-15-2009, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

for you today, joyseattle! I hope you have some good news to share with us!!!

AFM - I've been bad about staying away from the thermometer last few days oh well. At least it's looking good and not bad.

ETA - Oh, I meant to add that this morning I thought my bacon tasted like a$$. I thought it was spoiled. But DP (and kitty) didn't seem to think so; I guess it was just me! Not liking bacon better be a sign of SOMETHING! Lol.

#138 of 256 Old 11-15-2009, 05:10 PM

Lyndzies - I hope that your bacon incident is a sign that you're pregnant!

AFM - No blood, cervix still high, breasts even more full/tender, but I'm beginning to think it's all a cruel joke. Temp stayed the same, not high or low. Hpt with fmu came out streaky, but no clear second line. hpt with 2mu was negative.

The only thing different this month is that I started a new TCM herb to support my LP. I'm wondering if that's the culprit. I guess I'll just wait some more and ask my acupuncturist tomorrow at my appointment.

After a ridiculously long break, we resumed ttc (me carrying) with frozen donor sperm, home insem day of O (11/20) = bfp! Wishing for a sticky baby!

#139 of 256 Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
The only thing different this month is that I started a new TCM herb to support my LP. I'm wondering if that's the culprit. I guess I'll just wait some more and ask my acupuncturist tomorrow at my appointment.
Do you mind my asking how long your LP usually is? Mine is 10 days, and I did use an herbal tincture with my first pregnancy to lengthen it a bit. I'd rather not do that again, honestly, since the tincture tasted terrible, and I had to stay on it through the entire first trimester...but implantation problems/early miscarriage isn't exactly attractive, either. Also, just curious, what are you studying in grad school? I grew up in the Seattle area, did my PhD in Berkeley, and am now teaching History and Women's Studies in the midwest. I'm curious about the other academics out there. I miss the queer female academic crowd! Good luck...I really hope that this is your month!

#140 of 256 Old 11-15-2009, 10:16 PM

Amanda - did you take Vitex? I found the tincture UGH! but the capsules were fine for me.

Joyseattle - it ain't ovah 'til it's ovah!

AFM - Woo-hoo! Did my first injection tonight! I think I'd rather have a vial with syringes than this pen thing, I don't really trust it, it's kind of fiddly and gimmicky. I don't know why it didn't occur to me 'til now that I probably could have asked for syringes and a vial instead. One day down, three to go until ultrasound/bloodwork/semen analysis day.

#141 of 256 Old 11-15-2009, 10:28 PM

Papa,

I've been away at a conference, and just tuned back in to this news. I'm so, so sorry, my friend. Please know that you're in my thoughts and heart, and that I'm sending you all sorts of fertile energy as you begin this medicated cycle.

xo

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#142 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 12:08 AM

Ok, my news (which has nothing to do with BFN or BFP actually)

First, both of my friends that told me they were pregnant the day AF came last cycle (which nearly made me slit my wrists) ended up miscarrying this week. One was a plain spontaneous abortion, and the other, unfortunately, was a Molar Pregnancy. Sad, sad, sad. All my friends that were pregnant this year ended up miscarrying!?

Secondly, a couple of questions. Are any of you avid cervical position trackers? How's your luck with it? Also, for you multiple pregnancy folks, are they really that different, like everyone says, or are your symptoms pretty comparable each time? I was looking back at some of my "symptom" posts from last year when I got my BFP (ended in M/S) and trying to figure out if I felt the same.

Third, this is most likely going to have to be filed in the TMI category, but I have this insane little dog that likes to eat my underwear. She will fish them out of any dirty clothes hamper anywhere. Anyway, oddly enough, I have noticed that she is most definitely the most persistent about her eating of my panties when I am ovulating!! (I know, sick and twisted and weird) but this cycle, she has continued to hunt them down every evening!!!

If I get a BFP, I think I should win the award for the oddest 2ww symptom! Panty eating doggie!!!

#143 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Third, this is most likely going to have to be filed in the TMI category, but I have this insane little dog that likes to eat my underwear. She will fish them out of any dirty clothes hamper anywhere. Anyway, oddly enough, I have noticed that she is most definitely the most persistent about her eating of my panties when I am ovulating!! (I know, sick and twisted and weird) but this cycle, she has continued to hunt them down every evening!!!

If I get a BFP, I think I should win the award for the oddest 2ww symptom! Panty eating doggie!!!
You don't even have to wait for the BFP - I think that's the weirdest 2ww symptom ever.

I had a cat who did the same thing with my roommate's unders, but not mine. We both wore the same boxer briefs, but I was on testosterone at the time, and he was not interested in mine at all, but definitely loved hers.

I also wanted to put a little shout out there to everyone who was so excited with me last week and then so sad with me when it didn't work out. Save your dancing vegetables, I hope I'll get to see them again soon.

#144 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 03:08 AM

Thanks for all your support this cycle. Unfortunately, it is ovah. I started my period this evening.

Papa - that's exciting about starting the injectables! Hopefully that's just what you need and you'll get a sticky bfp.

MissScarlett - I check my cp. I've only done two months so far, but I've learned a lot. I also do visual checks for about a week around my fertile time.

AmandaHope - My LP is usually 12-13 days. This cycle wasn't much longer, only 14, but because we were trying those two days felt like forever.
I take herbal tablets, no tinctures. I'm almost positive that's why my LP was longer, which in general is a good thing.

Oh, and I'm studying Cultural Studies and Women Studies, specifically subjectivity and intersectionality within mixed-race LGBTQ families.

#145 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Papa - do the injections hurt? I have such a needle aversion, and just thinking about it makes me squeemish!

joyseattle - boooo! I'm sorry AF came. Here's to next cycle being "it" for you!

Miss Scarlett - Any news?

BTW, that is def. the craziest TWW "symptom." LOL!

AFM - still TWW-ing. Really tempted to test today. Feeling nauseated. Bbs have gotten really sore (took longer than usual this LP). And tired as all hell. I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30 last night, and I would like to just take a nap right now, but alas, work calls.

11 dpo... really wanting to go get some $tree tests. That would be silly, no?

#146 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
11 dpo... really wanting to go get some $tree tests. That would be silly, no?
resist the urge my dear! step away from the tests!!! the results will still be there in a few days and without days of confusion if you don't get a bfp.

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#147 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnoho View Post
resist the urge my dear! step away from the tests!!! the results will still be there in a few days and without days of confusion if you don't get a bfp.
I know, I know.

POAS will not "make" me pregnant. POAS will not "make" me pregnant.... etc.

Dammit. It's not helping.

It's like wanting to snoop around for your birthday present instead of just waiting to open it on your actual birthday.

#148 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 01:13 PM

Psst..Lyndzies - With my BFP, I was still getting a negative at 11 dpo, despite the fact that I had been throwing up since 7 dpo. Give yourself another day or two.

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#149 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpgoddess View Post
Psst..Lyndzies - With my BFP, I was still getting a negative at 11 dpo, despite the fact that I had been throwing up since 7 dpo. Give yourself another day or two.
I definitely do know better. I didn't get my BFP till 13dpo the cycle I had the chemical.

This alone should be enough to make me wait! I'd rather be ignorant than know early, if it were to turn out like July.

Sigh. I will not go out to $tree.

At least not today.

Thanks for the support, all.

#150 of 256 Old 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Oh, and I'm studying Cultural Studies and Women Studies, specifically subjectivity and intersectionality within mixed-race LGBTQ families.
Bummer, Joy.

We should be buddies. I'm in sociology, studying transmasculine parenting. Theoretically. Really, I'm trying to get pregnant and I haven't been getting anything done in months.

Lyndzies - STEP AWAY FROM THE TESTS! (Unless you want to. I am an unrepenting early tester, as you all know.) It's called reification, when you mistake the sign of something for the thing itself, and I have come to believe that if I see a line on the test, it will bring me a baby. Not quite to the point where I'm drawing my own lines with a Sharpie, but I'll do anything to see a line.

Oh and the injections don't really hurt. The needle is so fine I can barely see it and it's only 3/8" or 1/2" long and it's a subcutaneous (just under the skin, into a flabby spot) injection. I've had acupuncture points that hurt worse, and that doesn't really hurt either.

Now, I say this, but know that I am extensively tattooed, have had multiple body piercings, and did my own intramuscular testosterone injections weekly for five years with a needle about as thick as the lead of a pencil and two inches long. So maybe my frame of reference is off. But these are no big deal.

Progesterone in oil injections, however, are a big intramuscular, thick liquid, big needle, daily deal for up to three months. I am not looking forward to that, but my RE doesn't think it's necessary this cycle since my LPs have been pretty good lately, and he believes that the Gonal-F and the hCG will support the luteal phase just fine. I'm on board with that, this month.

AFM - no news is good news, right? It's about half way through the work day and nobody has called me from the OBGYN, the RE, the cycle monitoring satellite office, the pharmacy, the insurance company, or my regular doctor's office. What the hell? Is something wrong with my phone? /joking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page