November Queer Conceptions - hoping for a bun in the oven (and not of the Thanksgiving dinner variety!) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 256 Old 11-04-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the Queer Conceptions thread! Please post your update in bold if you need to be moved. Happy babymaking!!! Let's have some good holiday news, folks!

Queer Conceptions - November 2009

Waiting to O
  • erthe_mama
  • mkpgoddess
  • katherinerose
  • Miss Scarlet
  • megan sachat
  • lyndzies :
  • joyseattle
  • Rainbowvalley Mama
: Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW :
  • osker
  • FtMpapa - increasing medical intervention - some sort of drug plus IUI.
  • cejae
  • danjelle
: Working on the Long IVF Protocol :
  • Shadow22 with DP's eggs
Taking a Break & Figuring Things Out & Waiting to be Ready
  • Coco
  • wehrli :
  • AmandaHope
  • SPCD & Dp
  • bttrflygypsy
  • Hoping2bMoms

:2009 Graduates!
November BFPs
  • painefaria
October BFPs
  • Beastie
  • JJNoho
  • Astro & DP Fozziebear
  • Mommies 2 Be
  • megincl & ktcl
September BFPs
  • elismum1908
  • KSDoulaMama
  • pleasantlyfurious
August BFPs
  • chicagoml
  • wishin'&hopin'
July BFPs
  • hbog
  • kimlyn32
May BFPs
  • indigoscot's dp
April BFPs
  • Kelmendi
  • KJM
  • whoabethy
  • carmen
March BFPs
  • scalpel
  • katwomyn4
February BFP
  • deny_zoo29
January BFP
  • jodybird511
:2008 Graduates!

December BFPs
  • DM630
  • raene
  • wazzmum
October BFPs
  • JennM1021
  • lexbeach's DP
  • QTRANDI
September BFP
  • Ellie74
August BFPs
  • heart-n-bones
  • Love My Family
July BFPs
  • giggleblue
  • pranava
  • MamaCaveBear
  • quasar (and DP smartycat)
June BFPs
  • starling&diesel
  • PiGirl
  • Erica12009
April BFPs
  • tigermiep
  • MujerMamaMismo
  • tiggerkong22
  • simcon
  • 2happymamas
March BFPs
  • JenInMpls
  • mahrens77
January BFP
  • cookie70
:2007 Graduates!

December BFP
  • Scalpel
November BFPs
  • mamimapster
  • AngelaM
  • solejean
  • lmh222

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#2 of 256 Old 11-04-2009, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

My goodness! October was a prosperous month in these parts! Here's hoping the trend continues!

Many thanks to Papa for taking care of the October thread. I'm hoping for some awesome threadkeepers luck this time around.

Please be patient this month, as I'll likely only be checking in every other day (I'll try to do every day, but in the spirit of trying not to stress/obsess, I may need to take a day off here and there).

xo

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#3 of 256 Old 11-05-2009, 01:01 AM

Hello! Please add me to Waiting to Be Ready. I'm actually SUPER excited today, because we found a spectacular known donor! He is the husband of a close friend, and he has a beautiful health history, is smart and attractive, etc. etc. Most importantly, he is a very informed, emotionally intelligent man who knows what he is getting into and is genuinely grateful to get to play this role in our lives. Yay! We will get started with the sperm bank next week, but we'll be able to avoid the 6-mo quarantine and MAY get things done in time for my next ovulation (very end of Nov or early Dec).

lyndzies Thanks for taking over the thread this month.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#4 of 256 Old 11-05-2009, 09:52 AM

Hello,
Please add me to Waiting to know.

This is our first cycle of trying Come on Baby... Holden wants a sibling

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#5 of 256 Old 11-05-2009, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome, AmandaHope! If you don't mind me asking, how are you getting around the quarantine period?? Is the bank charging you an arm and a leg to work with your directed donor? This would have been such an ideal situation for DP and I, because in NJ, if the insemination is performed by a dr. the donor can literally waive his parental rights then and there (allowing DP to be on the birth certificate right away and making the second parent adoption process more straightforward). Thanks for sharing, if you're so inclined! Here's hoping you do get to catch that next egg!

Again, welcome to painefaria. I hope your stay is short!

AFM - Done w/ November insems. Let's hope I actually O today as I thought I would. I have a "situation" with my thermometer (was getting weirdly flat temps w/ the old one, wanted to invest in a new one, switched mid-cycle (I know, I know) and so now I'm worried my temps won't confirm O. I think I'm going to stick with my original plan and only temp through the weekend, though, and not all of the TWW. I just don't need the extra stress.

I've been meditating on a couple of affirmations yesterday and today:

"My body is about to release the perfect egg, and the perfect sperm will be waiting." and "My body knows how to conceive."

I think it's helping me be more calm and centered.

Anybody have others they'd like to share?

#6 of 256 Old 11-05-2009, 09:30 PM

Hi Lyndzies! Best of luck to you in the TWW! As for affirmations, mine have been:
- "We are not cursed."
- "I am trying to enjoy my life as it is now, despite wanting things badly."
- and "In the present moment, I am pregnant." (to stop obsessing about whether this pregnancy is a keeper.)

AFM, after 2 weeks of Zen, I'm bouncing off the walls waiting for my u/s on Monday. I read that a blighted ovum is unlikely to repeat, and most people later have a successful pregnancy, blagh blagh blagh -- it's all hard to believe. Either way, we should know on Monday. The scheduler reminded me to bring a USB stick to save the u/s pix. I was flabbergasted -- it's so hard to imagine the news could be good.

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#7 of 256 Old 11-05-2009, 09:59 PM

Welcome painefaria and AmandaHope! Hope your stay in this thread will be a short one!

Lyndzies Thanks so much for being thread keeper! You rock. Also, I love those affirmations!

astropeep, this sounds so exciting!
I sure wish the u/s people here let us save it with usb... they charge $50 for a CD-ROM of u/s pics. Ugh. Don't know why I'm worried about it now though, Sonj and I haven't even conceived yet! lol

afm, our lawyer has advised us to cancel our appointment with her and wait until after KD has signed his three copies so we can sign them after him. *sigh* I hope he gets his butt in gear!! Still waiting on his STI results as well. (If he's even gone yet...) Ah well, at least it's a free service. lol. I'm just feeling so impatient!

**TMI WARNING!**
Oh, and we've decided on an insemination method... the Instead Cup way! Because of the only way that DP "gets off", other methods could be potentially messy, and this method seems so neat and tidy! I don't want to get any of that "man juice" anywhere near my mouth... heehee

Has anyone here ever tried the Instead Cup for ttc and want to share advice/stories?

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#8 of 256 Old 11-05-2009, 11:22 PM

Lyndzies We're getting away without the quarantine because of relatively recent change in FDA policy that allows a directed donor to donate within 7 days of infectious disease testing without then having to quarantine the sperm. So our donor can donate 3 times in 7 days, do the testing on the 7th day, and then donate another 3 times in the following 7 days. All told, this could add up to 12 or more vials. If we need more, we can just repeat the process. Our donor lives in SF (where we *used* to live, sniff), so he will use Pacific Reproductive Services. Here is their known donor link:
https://www.pacrepro.com/index.php?main_page=have_donor
They have the pricing there, too. It isn't cheap, though PRS's prices are quite competitive. It is a long story, but the sperm bank we used to conceive my 7-yr-old daughter mistakenly DESTROYED our remaining vials of donor sperm several years ago, so that bank is paying all of the costs for our known donor screening and sperm freezing and shipping this time. We couldn't afford it, otherwise, even though it is much less expensive than IVF. The only bad news is that the testing will almost certainly take too long for us to inseminate next cycle. And then I'll probably ovulate during holiday travels, so we might have to wait until January. This part is disappointing, but I'm trying to focus on the many positives of this situation.

Painefaria and Lyndzies Good luck with the wait! The affirmations sound healthy and balanced. Oh--and I use the Walgreens brand of the BBT, and it works well.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#9 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 AM

erthe_mama, we have used the instead cup as a backup, but never as the primary plan. We also use frozen, so we have a teeny tiny little sample to work with. We're about to use it as our primary choice this week (still with frozen), so I'll let you know how it goes!

I guess that's our update as well... we're waiting for o, probably going to insem Monday night/Tuesday morning at this rate.... and then we'll have the distraction of a trip out of the country (Toronto here we come!) and Thanksgiving planning to distract us from the tww! hooray!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#10 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 01:29 AM

Astro I'm so excited for you guys! I really want good news to get November off to a good start.

Amanda - what a story! Unfortunately, most clinics use a stricter rule than the FDA which makes me kind of insane.

The problem for us with freezing sperm is the cost and the fact that there is no sperm bank within a reasonable distance, so that's an added complication, though I'm starting to think about talking to our fertility clinic about it for December - it's possible they can freeze the sperm there for a couple of weeks so that I can get an IUI while he's home with his family.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#11 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Astro I'm so excited for you guys! I really want good news to get November off to a good start.

Amanda - what a story! Unfortunately, most clinics use a stricter rule than the FDA which makes me kind of insane.

The problem for us with freezing sperm is the cost and the fact that there is no sperm bank within a reasonable distance, so that's an added complication, though I'm starting to think about talking to our fertility clinic about it for December - it's possible they can freeze the sperm there for a couple of weeks so that I can get an IUI while he's home with his family.
Papa -- that's what we did with the Boston clinic. Definitely doable. And insurance even paid for the testing. We just had to pay per donation ($350).

Astro -- our ultrasound is next Friday and I can't rest easy until then for sure. Katie has had a few symptoms some days, and other days, nothing. It makes me crazy, though I'm trying to stay calm. UGH!!!

painefaria and AmandaHope -- most fertile thoughts coming your way!

be well all,
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#12 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Megin and Astro - thinking positive u/s vibes for you both! I have good thoughts of those little beans thriving!!!

Amanda - thanks for the info! I'm fairly certain we wouldn't be able to afford the cost of having our donor go through a bank... although I guess all said and done, when it comes down to it you figure out a way to make TTC work, regardless of cost (though I've seen many friends go deep into debt TTC... it's so sad. ) I'm hoping it won't come to having to have medical intervention for us, but it is always in the back of my mind. And, as I mentioned, a lot of the legal stuff would be "solved" though "medicalizing" the process. Best of luck to you!

earth_mama
- I use an Instead Cup after each insem. First I use the syringe, lay still for a few minutes and try to breathe & meditate, then I insert the cup, try to O (not easy in my KD's gross bathroom. Boys are so icky!!!), and have virtually no leakage. A word of warning that "bearing down" at all or knocking it out of place will cause a bit of spillage (breaks the vacuum) so I guess just be aware of that.

osker - GL w/ the upcoming insems! I'm grateful for all of the November distractions that are keeping my TTC OCD (i.e. obsessively refreshing message boards, looking at my chart (as though something would change) and feeling myself up countless times during the day) in check. Hoping the same will be true for you.

AFM - Good news (I'm hoping): Great temp spike today, and I think the new therm is a-okay. I calibrated the new w/ the old... i.e. took my temp w/ each -- both yesterday and today -- and they weren't too different, so I think I'm okay switching in the middle. And the low temp yesterday and the high temp today were both w/ the new therm. Meaning that I'm not getting an artificial temp "rise" just because one thermometer is reading hotter than the other.

Soooooo... if my temp stays up tomorrow and Sunday, I'll get my CHs and feel comfortable ditching the therm for the rest of this cycle.

It will feel SOOOO liberating!

And it will feel good to know that I Oed on CD 17, exactly when I suspected I would!

As an aside, do any of you notice that you react really strongly to progesterone when it first starts pumping? I was so nauseated this morning, and crampy. My temp has never spiked so steeply before following O, I wonder if it's all correlated somehow?

Wow... this was long for someone who said she was going to not be on the boards much. Oh well, whatever. I miss you all if I don't check in at least daily. Also, I just have some GREAT energy today! It's one of those fall days here in Philly/SJ that makes you feel like you're walking through an Eddie Bauer or LL Bean catalog.

#13 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 AM

Megin - thanks for the info!

I'll have to check in with him and see how he feels about it, but I would really like to have some frozen just in case.

Did they split one donation into several vials for you folks, or was it all at once since you were doing IVF? (You didn't do IUI with them, right?)

I am torn about it. It might make sense...I wonder if they can even bill insurance for the freezing if we can convince them it's medically necessary for "performance anxiety"? This is the HUGE downside to fresh semen, there is always that chance of it just not happening! At least with frozen, you know you have it ready to go.

Lyndzies - I often get nausea around 3 DPO...this cycle nothing, but it's been a thing in the past. Part of why TTC is so crazy making...progesterone symptoms look just like pregnancy symptoms!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#14 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=FtMPapa;14634142]Megin - thanks for the info!

I'll have to check in with him and see how he feels about it, but I would really like to have some frozen just in case.

Did they split one donation into several vials for you folks, or was it all at once since you were doing IVF? (You didn't do IUI with them, right?)

I am torn about it. It might make sense...I wonder if they can even bill insurance for the freezing if we can convince them it's medically necessary for "performance anxiety"? This is the HUGE downside to fresh semen, there is always that chance of it just not happening! At least with frozen, you know you have it ready to go.

Yep, the donations were split into several vials. We got five vials from two donations. I thought we'd get more based on our donor's usual amount, but that takes into account washing and prep for IVF. So, sounds like you'd have generally the same process. I think that insurance might at least reimburse you for the donation costs, particularly if your donor has extensive travel (ie, I'm sure you could cook up a pretty good reason). I think that BIVF always charges for the donations but you can then get reimbursed. Though, if it's a partner doing the donations, I'm actually not sure....more questions!!! Hence the daily heap of phone calls made to them.

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#15 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 PM

It's unbelievable how many phone calls it takes to set things up. Unreal. I didn't have any where NEAR this many with my old clinic. Then again, I wasn't trying to get bloodwork done at my Uni health services, semen analysis done here in town at the hospital, ultrasound at my OBGYN, plus coordinate referrals from both my and my partner (in babymaking)'s separate doctors and everything else! It's a nuthouse!

Ah well, it's keeping me PLENTY distracted in my 2ww - I'm exactly half way through the wait today, and there's no news to be had. Or symptoms to be felt, save I'm very tired, but I think that's from the change in daylight and having some very late nights and even one almost all nighter in the last week.

#16 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM

osker, thank you! I'd really appreciate that! Best of luck with your insem!!

Lyndzies, good to know!! Thanks for the advice.
Also, yay for great energy! I love autumn...

FtMPapa, I really your siggie! I have that quote on my facebook page.

afm, DP is going to a Reiki share today... I sure hope it helps with that anxiety!

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#17 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 08:14 PM

FtMpapa, re phone calls -- I know, it's amazing! Sometimes I feel like I spend half my life on the phone ordering drugs, arguing with the pharmacy, arguing with the insurance, making appts, transferring records. Somebody suggested a TTC secretary -- that would be a great idea.

My insurance company is getting its current yucks by denying my claims on refills of progesterone. Fortunately they aren't balking at the expensive drugs. So we are playing the, "What part of the word 'pre-approved' do you not understand?" game.

Oh, and yes, the clinics I know get a frozen sample a few days before IVF, just in case the well runs dry. Yes, usually a single donation makes several ICI vials.

AmandaHope: We use PRS with a WTBK donor. We've found PRS to be really nice and very experienced.

Megincl: My fingers are crossed for your u/s next Friday! Fozz is doing the same thing you're doing -- she's relieved when I'm burping or turning green, and worried when I feel fine. I try to tell her that this early, the pregnancy hormones are made by me, not the fetus, so my sickness level doesn't tell us whether all is well in there. This has not made her stop worrying, astonishingly enough.

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#18 of 256 Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropeep View Post
FtMpapa, re phone calls -- I know, it's amazing! Sometimes I feel like I spend half my life on the phone ordering drugs, arguing with the pharmacy, arguing with the insurance, making appts, transferring records. Somebody suggested a TTC secretary -- that would be a great idea.

My insurance company is getting its current yucks by denying my claims on refills of progesterone. Fortunately they aren't balking at the expensive drugs. So we are playing the, "What part of the word 'pre-approved' do you not understand?" game.

Oh, and yes, the clinics I know get a frozen sample a few days before IVF, just in case the well runs dry. Yes, usually a single donation makes several ICI vials.
Yeah, totally. An infertility doula could handle all of this for us.

This insurance stuff is making me crazy . . . the more I hear from others, the crazier I get, and the more I go through, the crazier I get.

My doc's office thought I was being paranoid when I asked them if the doc could call in my Gonal-F for Monday, a full week before my anticipated CD 3. The thing is that if I'm not knocked up, I'll know on a Friday, and I need to start the meds on Sunday, which doesn't give me any time to play any games with insurance. Also, I'd rather not have to drive a half hour or more to get my drugs, so if the local pharmacy has to order it in, it gives me a few days.

And that reminds me. . . I forgot to call the lab today about the semen analysis. I only sent three fertility related e-mails today, got one phone call, and left one voicemail. I feel like a total slacker.

#19 of 256 Old 11-07-2009, 10:57 AM

For the obsessive symptom watchers out there. . . here we go, 8 DPO

I don't remember ever having a second patch of EWCM, but I've heard it can happen because estrogen levels go up again in the LP.

I had a blob of EWCM this morning, and I've been kind of....goopy....all week. Not EWCM, but more like creamy, but kind of wet creamy, white, and lots of it.

I'm also super tired this week, but time change, many late nights, even more early mornings, and inadvertently skipping my morning coffee all this week, tells me I should disregard that "symptom."

#20 of 256 Old 11-07-2009, 05:53 PM

I am obsessing over everything... I don't know how you guys do it I guess it gets different (not easier).

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#21 of 256 Old 11-08-2009, 01:16 PM

TWW here we come! Can we be moved over to waiting to know please? Off we go on another fun adventure of the two week wait. Hopefully it will go by quickly and with little obsession over symptoms!

#22 of 256 Old 11-08-2009, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

erthe_mama - Hope the reiki helped your DP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
I am obsessing over everything... I don't know how you guys do it I guess it gets different (not easier).
Definitely not easier. Nor really very different, to be honest (at least for me). I guess I just get more "used" to living my life in ~2 week chunks.

Papa - things are sounding good! I hope the second half of the wait isn't too torturous for you, and FX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osker View Post
TWW here we come! Can we be moved over to waiting to know please? Off we go on another fun adventure of the two week wait. Hopefully it will go by quickly and with little obsession over symptoms!
Moved you! How many DPO? I'm 3... looks like we're in the wait together again!

AFM - Got my crosshairs today! WOOOHOOO! Now I can put away the damn thermometer and get on with my life.

... maybe after 1 or 2 more days of temps.

WTH is wrong w/ me? Why can't I step away from the chart?

#23 of 256 Old 11-08-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post

WTH is wrong w/ me? Why can't I step away from the chart?
STEP AWAY FROM THE CHART!! Put the thermometer down!

Hey, I didn't POAS this morning, even though I could have with only seeming slightly nuts...since it's 9 DPO today.

But I didn't. And if I can do that, you can do this. HIDE THE THERMOMETER!!!!

Incidentally, 10 DPO is a reasonable day to test, right?

What day do you all start testing??? And why do I care? Right, because I'm really hoping to avoid any more high-tech conception shenanigans, I'm so over the whole fertility industry/insurance scammery thing already.

#24 of 256 Old 11-08-2009, 03:32 PM

We always try to wait to test.... and then probably test at 11dpo because something MUST mean pregnancy... of course it never has yet....

I have a question for the Canadians out there... Heather and I are going to Toronto for four days next week. I'll be in a conference all day, and one day she'll drive to MI to see her family... but what can she do by herself all day in Toronto for the other days? She loves to shop (for baby stuff usually) though we should be keeping that toned down... she loves museums... and gardens, though it may be too cold??
Any ideas?

#25 of 256 Old 11-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osker View Post
We always try to wait to test.... and then probably test at 11dpo because something MUST mean pregnancy... of course it never has yet....

I have a question for the Canadians out there... Heather and I are going to Toronto for four days next week. I'll be in a conference all day, and one day she'll drive to MI to see her family... but what can she do by herself all day in Toronto for the other days? She loves to shop (for baby stuff usually) though we should be keeping that toned down... she loves museums... and gardens, though it may be too cold??
Any ideas?
Toronto has lots of great museums!

She'll want to take the subway/bus/streetcar all over, since parking is $$$ and the subway is so much faster when you're downtown. The best bargain there is an all day pass for about $8.00, which is about the same as three rides.

The Ontario Science Centre is kind of out in the boons, and I find the displays pretty dated, so skip that one, though it's great for kids.

The Bata Shoe Museum is quite fun and it's right on a subway line. Queen's Park is right beside, which is a nice spot to go wandering if it's a sunny day.

The Royal Ontario Museum is awesome.

She should wander through the gay village and stock up on rainbow whatever...get off at Wellesley station, walk one block east to Church, and she's in the thick of it.

For browsing, fun, quirky shopping Kensington Market is great, as is Queen St. W. She could easily spend a whole day in Kensington and on Queen St.

For upscale shopping, either Yorkdale Mall (think Holt Renfrew, high end clothing) or the Eaton Centre (Godiva, H&M).

The food in Toronto is great.

My absolute favourite restaurant, where you can get Ethiopian food, dinner for two, including two beer, and a generous tip for less than $20 is Nazreth Bar, which is on Bloor St. W near Ossington station, just walk east from the station, it's a little hole in the wall on the south side.

#26 of 256 Old 11-08-2009, 05:33 PM

oooh Ethiopian food! Yummy!
Thanks for all the ideas, I'll give her the list and she'll have tons to do!

#27 of 256 Old 11-08-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
erthe_mama - Hope the reiki helped your DP!
Thanks! It doesn't seem to have, but maybe it's working slowly. She ended up with a "perfume hangover" instead. I wish people would keep their scents to a minimum. She actually smelled like she was wearing it when she got home. Ugh.
And I know what you mean about temping... I'm somewhat obsessed myself.

afm (by the way, what does that even stand for? haha): DP got a job offer out of the blue working for the lawyer who's advising us on our donor contract. How weird is that?! She saw on Sonja's fbook that she was doing up a resume, and decided to ask, so now DP has two jobs to try for! Yay!!!

Also, we're switching to vaginal temping because Sonja's temps are somewhat erratic since she alternates between breathing through her mouth and nose throughout the night. Any suggestions/thoughts?

AND we heard back from our friend the midwife!! She says we're on the right track ttc-wise, and says to give her a call if we're running into any trouble. She's starting work again in January... just getting back after having her own baby with her partner carrying! So awesome.

#28 of 256 Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthe_mama View Post

afm (by the way, what does that even stand for? haha):
afm = As For Me.

Sounds like you've got lots of good things going on!

AFM, I think I'm gonna test tomorrow. It's Monday. It's 10 DPO. I have acupuncture at 9:00 so it would be good to know, right? It's almost like it's medically indicated, which makes it totally ok to test obsessively early.

I've been having weird pulling microcramps...not even cramps, not even twinges, more like twitches.

#29 of 256 Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

, Papa!!!!

A totally defensible reason for testing early.

#30 of 256 Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 AM

Papa Good luck tomorrow!

AFM: We have our skype discussion with our potential donor and his wife (a close friend of mine) tomorrow (Mon) night. I am really nervous and hope it goes smoothly. It is tricky navigating this with such a close friend...and her husband!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page