December Queer Conceptions: My BFP would be the greatest gift this season! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 307 Old 12-05-2009, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome mtnlisa!

Lyndzies: Go early O when you want it! And good premonitions, too. (Sophie is a great name, by the way.)

AmandaHope: I give you all the positive sperm bank thoughts I can muster. I guess they are trying to cover their butts and not get sued and things, but there really should be a waiver for those of us using directed donors. I'm glad you were able to get the paperwork they wanted.

mkpgoddess: Grr at the delivery folk! They should have redelivered last night if the prob was that they can't read an address label... Has your tank arrived yet? And feel better. Here are some egg-making vibes coming your way :vibes:

cejae: I'm sorry. s I hope you have some time this weekend to find the solution that is right for you.

AFM: Tank has arrived. Now we're waiting to O. I was thinking (hoping?) to O early this cycle, and have been having fertile CM for a few days now, but no +OPK, or even close. Since we have 4 vials, and I tend to O the day after my +OPK, I think we'll do one the night of the + and then every 12 hours, with maybe a double shot on the last one (about 30 hours post OPK). I think I'll have my + on Sunday (although I'd rather it was today!).

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#62 of 307 Old 12-05-2009, 05:57 PM

Katharinerose - I swear we're twins this cycle. YES, the tank is here and safely out of the way of our very curious toddler (wass'dat?) and my OPK's couldn't get any more negative if they tried. I, too, was hoping for early O, but apparently not so much. I keep reminding myself that FF has O pegged between yesterday and Monday, and so I still have two days before it's time to panic.

Cejae - crap. I'm sorry.

Lyndzies - woot! there it is! Come on, August baby!!!

AFM - morning toddler birthday party (my baby is somehow turning THREE...next week, but still....*sniff*) and I'm off to work in an hour until midnight. *yawn* Well, at least I'm good and distracted...

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#63 of 307 Old 12-05-2009, 09:35 PM

cejae - BIG to you. I'm so sorry this wasn't your month.

mkpgoddess and katherinerose - for the cycle twins!!!

AFM - *twiddles thumbs* it's going to be a LOOOOOOONG couple o' weeks.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#64 of 307 Old 12-06-2009, 02:25 AM

I have only posted on this forum a few times before, but I want to add myself to the list. I'm going in for my first IUI tomorrow morning.

I am more worried about my timing than anything else. All I can think about now is stupid pink lines on pee sticks. Is it darker? Is it lighter? We'll see, I guess. If my temperature doesn't shift on Monday, I may actually explode. My partner will be peeling my pieces off of the walls.

I am currently drinking a glass of wine and hoping it will be the last I taste for a long, long time. *fingers crossed*
#65 of 307 Old 12-06-2009, 04:04 PM

mayari: Welcome and good luck with the IUI! I totally hear you on the timing stress. I spend way too much energy wondering if that line is darker than the other line, or if it's maybe gotten lighter than it was yesterday....

mkpgoddess: Yea cycle buddy! Good luck keeping the toddler out of the tank. My cat is bad enough!

So as much as I was hoping to O on the early side this month, I'm kind of glad I didn't, as in meant I could go to Olympus with my friend for her birthday last night. It's an amazing women's spa with 4 different temps of whirlpool, plus a cold pool with waterfall, dry and steam saunas, and the most awesome earth-energy heated rooms. Hoping the added relaxation and herbal balancing will help with baby making!

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#66 of 307 Old 12-06-2009, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharinerose View Post
I'm kind of glad I didn't, as in meant I could go to Olympus with my friend for her birthday last night. It's an amazing women's spa with 4 different temps of whirlpool, plus a cold pool with waterfall, dry and steam saunas, and the most awesome earth-energy heated rooms. Hoping the added relaxation and herbal balancing will help with baby making!
Sounds like the arabic baths that we went to for H's birthday when we were in Barcelona: http://www.airedebarcelona.com/
Why don't we have something like that in Boston???

Afu: 10dpo and no symptoms, nothing going on at all. We went to church this morning and both cried our eyes out with the exhaustion of the whole thing. Now we're both wiped out and need a nap...

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#67 of 307 Old 12-06-2009, 09:48 PM

I've got nothing. No CM, low temps, low and tight cervix. It's only CD 14 for me, but statistically, SOMETHING should be happening by now. Hell, I should be inseminating by now! Is there anything I can do or do I just wait it out/chalk it up as a bust? I've got the tank until Thursday without penalty...

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#68 of 307 Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpgoddess View Post
I've got nothing. No CM, low temps, low and tight cervix. It's only CD 14 for me, but statistically, SOMETHING should be happening by now. Hell, I should be inseminating by now! Is there anything I can do or do I just wait it out/chalk it up as a bust? I've got the tank until Thursday without penalty...
I think you just have to wait it out. My O this cycle was about a week late and I had written it off as anovulatory and then low and behold my body got in gear. Hope yours does soon too especially with that tank waiting. : )

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#69 of 307 Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 AM

mkpgoddess- I would stick it out and not assume it was going to be a bust cycle. For my pregnancy cycle I didn't O until CD 22 and previously I O'ed anywhere from day 13 to day 18. The follicular phase can vary from one cycle to the next, especially if you're nervous, excited, stressed, etc. So just keep tracking things and I'm sure something will start to happen soon. :

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#70 of 307 Old 12-07-2009, 06:11 PM

Sure is quiet 'round these parts today...

*crickets*

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#71 of 307 Old 12-07-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
Sure is quiet 'round these parts today...

*crickets*
Right back at you. Nothing to report here, just waiting the very slow wait. Ugh.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#72 of 307 Old 12-07-2009, 06:59 PM

Tentatively saying that eggwhite is trying to happen, although no positive OPK yet (smidge darker though)....so keep me in your thoughts. We might, maybe, please be insemming tomorrow....

#73 of 307 Old 12-07-2009, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

MKP- sounds good!!!

#74 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 12:15 AM

We need a crickets icon.

I'm laying low. Having a hard time. I just started the BCP for the IVF long protocol. My insurance refused to pay for it, I have to call them in the morning, the usual.

I was supposed to go for my beta today, the clinic called this afternoon to find out why I hadn't, and I have to go tomorrow. (What is the point?)

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#75 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 01:21 AM

Well, we've been busy insemming! (So, Osker, can you please move me to Waiting to Know?) Spent some time yesterday trying to decide if the test line was as dark as the control line (I voted yes, DW voted no), then decided, since we had 4 vials, to go for it around midnight. Did the second this late afternoon, after a very darkly + pee stick. I'm still debating whether to do another late tonight, or just wait till morning...

And a TMIish question: Anyone have problems with post-insem, um, swelling? It doesn't seem to happen every time, but definitely this time. Am I just sperm-allergic?

#76 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
We need a crickets icon.

I'm laying low. Having a hard time. I just started the BCP for the IVF long protocol. My insurance refused to pay for it, I have to call them in the morning, the usual.

I was supposed to go for my beta today, the clinic called this afternoon to find out why I hadn't, and I have to go tomorrow. (What is the point?)
and more

Thinking of you lots, Papa.

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#77 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 11:30 AM

Sh**.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25ad7b

My CM kept bouncing between cloudy eggwhite and dry yesterday, and I never got a positive OPK, internet or digi, but my temp spikes.

I think we'll insem tonight anyway. Absolute waste of sperm, but I don't know what else to do.

The only ray of hope I can give myself is maybe tomorrow's temp will drop...

#78 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Osker - Can I please be moved to working on the long IVF protocol?

Thanks.

Today is only 10 DPO, it's too early for this. I'm taking it hard. I never had a chance, obviously my progesterone is way too low.
Love and care for you papa.........
How are you today ?

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#79 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Big hugs to you Papa. I'm so sorry that this is so hard...

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#80 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 03:07 PM

MKPGoddess - one temp could be a fluke. Keep doing OPKs. I would only insem if you see fertile signs. It sucks to send the sperm back, or to recharge the tank, but not as bad as wasting it...

Coco, Megin, and CJ, thanks for checking in. I'm celebrating the small victories- my insurance will pay for my birth control afterall, it only took three phone calls and an hour of my time...all to get them to shell out $19. (29 minus 10 copay). VICTORY is MINE!

Otherwise I bought a fancy new iPod which is totally retail therapy and ridiculous, but at least a little distracting.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#81 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 05:33 PM

Papa -

katharinerose - welcome to the TWW! I've never had any issue w/ swelling... maybe it's the buffer that you have a slight reaction to? I do get itchy, though. I know, I know. TMI.

mkpgoddes - UGH! You sounds as confused as I am this cycle. And unfortunately I stopped using OPKs a couple months ago. I wish I was so I could at least have another fertility sign to point me in the direction of some answers. that whatever you end up doing leads you to your BFP!

AFM (xposted in BSL thread on TTC) - today's temp made FF move my O back to CD15 again. But I've got a very slippery cervix and slippery/stretchy CM now when I check inside. I just don't get it. I'm so confused and unsure now, for reals. (FYI, the dip to CL today is somewhat typical for me 4-6 dpo).

... I don't know what to think. Maybe I'll be temping a few days longer than I planned this cycle, just to try to make some sense of it as see if temps continue to confirm O at CD15... otherwise I don't know when to expect AF! This is SO strange for me!

However, I DID get my Sophie the Giraffe in the Mail yesterday (THAT WAS FAST!!!) so maybe the baby girl prophecy is still revealing signs to me for this cycle.

#82 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM

Hi all,

I'm back...sort of. As you know, we had to terminate our pregnancy due to a non-viable condition in the fetus. After an incredibly difficult few weeks (we had to wait to confirm the diagnosis by ultrasound, then had to find a provider willing to do the termination, then had to deal with insurance refusing to pay for the abortion), we ended the pregnancy last week. I'm still mourning a lot, vulnerable, and hormonal, but more or less doing ok. As all of you academic nerds know, it's the end of the semester, so I have that to keep me busy.

Anyway, I'm telling you all of this as a check in, but also to officially let you know that I'm watching the thread, rooting for all of you and waiting to be ready...we're not sure exactly when that will be, but I still feel very much a part of the list. Osker, could you please move me out of the October BFPs and to the waiting list?

Sending lots of love and fertility vibes,
Beastie

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#83 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

updated to here...

Beastie, I'm so sorry that you're back here with us! Not sorry to have you here, you get it.

Afu: DW is convinced we're done for this cycle. She's not talking much, so I have no idea what to think. We're waiting for AF on Thursday and I'm wrapping up the semester... and waiting to be invited to at least one (please, oh please) internship interview. It's oh. so. fun. to be at our house these days.

#84 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 PM

*deep breath* Papa and Lyndzies, thank you for the gentle slap on the nose and the encouragement, respectively. Despite said fluke temp, all signs are aligning and we're insemming tonight and tomorrow. I did not keep testing during the morning/early afternoon, mostly because I needed a break and also because my lonely last OPK was at home and I was at work (I refuse to admit to how many I've peed on over the past week), but I did use it when I got back. Eggwhite has been flowing since somewhere between 9am and noon, so I'm assuming that my surge hit around then, and I got my smiley face at 3pm, so seems we are a go.

Osker, either tonight or tomorrow, please move me to waiting to know

It's REALLY nice to be in entering the tww....

#85 of 307 Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

MKP how exciting!!!!! Yippeeeee!

Consider yourself on the waiting to know team!

#86 of 307 Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 AM

mkpgoddess, I'm so happy for you that you didn't miss O, and welcome to the tww!

#87 of 307 Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM

Welcome back, Beastie. I'm so so very sorry about your loss. Please let us know how we can support you, okay?

Oh Osker, good luck with the ttw and the interviews! When dp was trying to get pregnant I was on the academic job market. Sometimes waiting for the interview calls and a bfp just felt like way too much. Let us know when you get a call!

AFM, we decided to do one more IUI and then if it doesn't take move on to IVF this spring. I'm traveling to give six talks this spring, so lord knows how this is all going to work logistically. I'm struggling right now with feeling like I've failed at thsi whole fertility thing. I'm not so good at failure. So this is rough. I know it's irrational, but sometimes I just can't "logic" my way out of feelign a certain way. Anyway, can I be moved in waiting to "o"? Thanks.

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#88 of 307 Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 AM

Beastie - so SO sorry you have had to cross back to "this side" of TTC. . Hopefully you'll only stay for a hot second before heading back to the other thread/DDCs. xoxo

osker - Sending you and DW "stay away AF!!!" vibes!

mkpgoddess - yippeeeeeee! I've got everything crossed for you!

cejae - I'm feeling you. I'm such a perfectionist, and every month I feel like I've failed at something; like for some reason is just me, that I can't "get it right." Hang in there and know we're all here for support. I'm hoping that you have to give those talks with an in utero guest.

AFM - If my O day and CL change one more time, so help me... I will punch FF in the face.

You all see a clear temp shift, right?

And the EWCM seems like it will never go away! I never thought I'd complain about having too MUCH EWCM. Lol. I feel like taking out the days and days of it so I don't have to keep staring at dotted lines.

All this ridiculousness aside, I'm making a concerted effort to refocus my energy for the remainder of this TWW (assuming that's where I am) and try, try, try to stay positive about this cycle.

I keep trying to remind myself that the things that have been "off" this cycle (the weird spotting right before O, the extended patch of EWCM) could be good signs! Because anything that's "different" means that it's not the same as non-pregnant cycles.

#89 of 307 Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 PM

Osker and Megan - thank you My temp went down this morning and I have a feeling this is ovulation day. DW is coming home at lunch to do the second insem and then head back to work. This is a late work night for me...evening opera...and so the timing works out gorgeously.

Cejae - s I'm so sorry. I think TTC is one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. Even if the stars align and your timing is perfect, there's only a 20% chance of it taking anyway. Ugh. Sending peaceful, affirming thoughts your way.

Lyndzies - you definitely ovulated, but I can see why it's shifting between CD 15 and CD 16, and it's not just the eggwhite. With that "slow rise" temp on CD 16, it really could be either day. Also, it's actually not that unusual for eggwhite to randomly appear at any point in your cycle after ovulation. It doesn't mean you continue to be fertile, because your egg came, saw and is working conquering...lol...it's just your body doing it's thing, albeit a random, new thing...

AFM - my wife made me laugh last night. After the insem, I headed for the bathroom and she said, "you may not pee on a pregnancy stick!" Apparently, I'm not the only one annoyed with all the sticks in the bathroom trashcan!

#90 of 307 Old 12-09-2009, 05:08 PM

Papa: I'm wishing you all the peace in the world. And iPods are a very good "this sucks, and I need something fun for myself" gift. I got one after I got laid off, and I love it.

Lyndzies: I hear you on FF. It can drive a girl crazy. (Today's temp is actually the average of the temp I took at 8 this morning after going to sleep at 2 and not sleeping well, and the temp I took at 11, after a more normal amount of sleeping.) And I hate waiting for crosshairs, esp. when I know when I Oed! But either the 15th or 16th would be good dates!!

Beastie I'm so sorry you need to rejoin us. May your stay be brief and your next BFP give you a healthy babe nine months later.

Cejae: What Lyndzies said. I hope this next IUI does the trick.

MKP: Sounds like everything is working out just right over there! What do you do that involves being at the opera?

AFM: We're all spermed out. I'm pretty sure I O'd some time between yesterday's 2 insems, based on CM and cervix, so feeling good about the timing. I'll be starting the progesterone cream this evening. I have about a month's worth, but need to figure out what brand is best.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page