December Queer Conceptions: My BFP would be the greatest gift this season! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the Queer Conceptions thread! Please post your update in bold if you need to be moved. Happy babymaking!!! Let's have some good holiday news, folks!

Queer Conceptions - November 2009

Waiting to O
  • quasar
  • cejae
  • erthe_mama
  • Miss Scarlet
  • joyseattle
  • Rainbowvalley Mama
  • mistral
  • Monarchgirl
  • lyndzies :
: Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW :
  • danjelle
  • wehrli

: Working on the Long IVF Protocol :
  • FtMpapa
  • Shadow22 with DP's eggs
Taking a Break & Figuring Things Out & Waiting to be Ready
  • katherinerose
  • Mtnlisa
  • Astro & DP Fozziebear
  • Coco
  • AmandaHope
  • SPCD & Dp
  • bttrflygypsy
  • Hoping2bMoms
  • Beastie

:2009 Graduates!
December BFPs
  • osker
  • megan sacha
  • mkpgoddess

November BFPs
  • painefaria
October BFPs
  • JJNoho
  • Mommies 2 Be
  • megincl & ktcl
September BFPs
  • elismum1908
  • KSDoulaMama
  • pleasantlyfurious
August BFPs
  • chicagoml
  • wishin'&hopin'
July BFPs
  • hbog
  • kimlyn32
May BFPs
  • indigoscot's dp
April BFPs
  • Kelmendi
  • KJM
  • whoabethy
  • carmen
March BFPs
  • scalpel
  • katwomyn4
February BFP
  • deny_zoo29
January BFP
  • jodybird511
:2008 Graduates!

December BFPs
  • DM630
  • raene
  • wazzmum
October BFPs
  • JennM1021
  • lexbeach's DP
  • QTRANDI
September BFP
  • Ellie74
August BFPs
  • heart-n-bones
  • Love My Family
July BFPs
  • giggleblue
  • pranava
  • MamaCaveBear
  • quasar (and DP smartycat)
June BFPs
  • starling&diesel
  • PiGirl
  • Erica12009
April BFPs
  • tigermiep
  • MujerMamaMismo
  • tiggerkong22
  • simcon
  • 2happymamas
March BFPs
  • JenInMpls
  • mahrens77
January BFP
  • cookie70
:2007 Graduates!

December BFP
  • Scalpel
November BFPs
  • mamimapster
  • AngelaM
  • solejean
  • lmh222

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#2 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 PM

Just a few words to tell you all that I am thinking about you !!!

FtMpapa
osker
cejae
danjelle

FTMpapa, those symptoms sound goooood . Lots of babydust coming your way everyone!!!

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#3 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the new thread, osker! Loads of threadkeeper's luck to you this month!!!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#4 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Osker!

Thanks, Coco!

I am exactly half way through my 2ww...tick, tock...tick, tock.

The post-IUI pre-IVF consult went pretty well, I spoke with the physician's assistant, she was sure that the letter could go to the insurance company to try to get me some coverage for some more meds, if we need to go there.

So, I'm lined up to keep waiting for another week, and if nothing happens, I'll go on birth control pills over the holidays, for the sake of good timing and doing battle with the insurance, and avoiding scheduling issues between our various holiday plans, and I'll plan to do an egg retrieval for IVF in mid-January.

It sounds to me like they'll have no problem with an elective single embryo transfer, it's uncommon for their patients to choose that, but I'm likely a good candidate for it, so that's where I'm hoping to go.

I also got good news on the sperm front - his numbers were amazing, no problems there.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#5 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Great news Papa!

#6 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 10:12 PM

Bad news on our end. Woke up Wednesday to some spotting, went in for an u/s and everything was fine. More light bleeding over the holiday weekend. By Monday, the heartbeat was gone. D&C tomorrow. That quickly, 9.5 weeks, it's over.

Please move us to whatever the closest category is to, "Healing, grieving, waiting to figure out what comes next."

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
#7 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 11:17 PM

Astro!

I'm so, so, so sorry.

I hope the healing and grieving proceed and that the next step rises up to meet you soon.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#8 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 PM

Oh no, Astro That is rotten news and I'm so sorry for you

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#9 of 307 Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 PM

Oh, Astro, I'm so so sorry. Take care of one another.

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#10 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 12:05 AM

Astropeep, my heart breaks for you.

May you find some comfort and peace soon.

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#11 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Astro, I am so, so sorry.

#12 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 12:14 AM

Papa: Sounds like plans are forming! Hopefully you won't need them.

And more for cejae, danjelle and lovely listkeeper Osker! Looking forward to your December BFPs.

I tried to order sperm today, but of course they close at 5 Eastern, and I called at 3:00 Pacific. Sigh. We need the tank on Friday, since Monday is my normal O day, and I'm hoping the handful of pills I'm taking will push it early a bit.

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

#13 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 12:26 AM

Oh, Astropeep. I'm so very, very sorry.
.................................................. .....................

So glad the phone consult went well today, Papa. When do they do more tests to find out if you are preggers? Or do they now leave you to your own devices?

I'm impatiently waiting to hear from my prospective KD, whose mother is getting in touch with the cardiologist who treated the cousin with the heart condition 25 years ago...to see if my clinic will ALLOW him to donate for me (and only me)! UGH. I am *not* a patient person and really don't like the feeling of my future kid's bio parentage being dictated by defensive and rather ridiculous sperm bank policies.

I'm thinking of those of you in the tww!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#14 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropeep View Post
Bad news on our end. Woke up Wednesday to some spotting, went in for an u/s and everything was fine. More light bleeding over the holiday weekend. By Monday, the heartbeat was gone. D&C tomorrow. That quickly, 9.5 weeks, it's over.

Please move us to whatever the closest category is to, "Healing, grieving, waiting to figure out what comes next."
I am so sad about your loss... so sad I cant find words to express how deeply I feel for you.

With much understanding and care,

Coco

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#15 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 AM

I'm so sorry Astropeep.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#16 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
kjm

astropeep sending you light, love and support

11/24/08 SMBC with a loving LTR DP in a Queer & Poly relationshiploving my new baby Kale Cqolbi Justice!!!!!
#17 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 10:16 AM

oh no astropeep!! i'm so, so sorry for your loss. i will keep you and your dp in my thoughts and prayers. take care of yourself.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#18 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 11:26 AM

Astropeep... I am so so so very sorry and devastated for you. Take care of each other and I hope you are able to find some peace and space to grieve.

xoxoxo

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#19 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 12:42 PM

Okiedoke. So, first of three insems today. Planning on today after work, tomorrow in the mid-PM, and Thursday at 8PM. Expected O around Friday or Saturday.

I guess this is as good a month as any to think girl thoughts?

Scant to no EWCM today (but it's still on the early side of things for me at CD13). I hear no CM is good for conceiving girl-babies?

Not trying to imply I want one or the other. Just trying to stay positive that people TTC a coupe days BEFORE O all the time ON PURPOSE... and that things could still work out for me this month!

ETA: Also trying to dig myself out of this funk by telling myself that it's better to be inseming early rather than late or not at all. Negative thoughts don't help anything!! (hopefully I can keep up this way of thinking, and holiday stuffs will distract me during the upcoming TWW).

TWW-ers, how y'all feeling??

#20 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 PM

Lyndzies,

I actually think that timing is quite good. The fresh stuff is supposed to survive for up to 5 days. We got pregnant multiple times using similar timing. None stuck, but that was for very different reasons.

Best of luck staying zen....

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#21 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 02:45 PM

Lyndzies: If you're using fresh, I'd say you're totally good. Everything I've read says that in general, you want the swimmers in place and ready to go when the egg is released, and they'll live happily for at least 3 and up to 5 days.

AFU: Well, just ordered the last of our frozen stock. There were only 4 vials left, so we're going for broke to avoid another year's storage fee. If this doesn't work, we're hoping that our KD will be willing to help us with the Biotranz thing... Of course, he has a GF of well over a year now, which he didn't when he agreed to donate, so that might complicate things. Also, he doesn't have a working phone number at the moment, so communication is by e-mail.

I'm just hoping that this works. Also, I'm hoping I don't O before the tank gets here on Friday!

#22 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM

...so our tank is supposed to be shipped out today and I'm impatiently waiting for the tracking information (they'll send that, right? what if they forget? what if they forget to send the tank?). We're supposed to get it on Thursday (*looks down at self* don't ovulate before then, please) and ovulation is somewhere over the weekend (timing...what if we get it wrong? what if I'm not even home? what if it doesn't work? what if it WORKS?).

Ahem....sorry. The problem with the two week chunk before ovulating and the two week chunk afterwards, is that you get to think waaaaaay too much.

Lyndzies - I agree with PP, your timing actually sounds rather fantastic. GL to you!!!!

Katherinerose - looks like we'll be insemming around the same time!

How goes it for everyone else????

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#23 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 03:10 PM

Lyndzies - it sounds A-Ok to me! I know a kiddo who was conceived following a poorly timed insem that was necessarily early due to travel - the insem was nearly 8 days before O...she's a girl.

KatharineRose - Way to put all your sperm in one basket! GO FOR IT!!!!

AFM - uh, nothing. The clinic called. Even in the LP, daily calls from the clinic. . .astonishing. They didn't get all of our bloodwork, combination of lab and clerical errors and misunderstandings. It's really hard to get motivated to follow up on it during the LP, so I e-mailed Donor Boy to get his fixed, and I had them add the new tests to my lab order for my beta on Monday. I guess with this clinic, I should actually show up for my Beta. I stood up my old clinic all the time, I would just call them and say "Yup, bleeding, nope, not coming in for a beta."

I've got no symptoms worth noting, anything I've got can be explained by mild OHSS from having six follicles, and I'm bored. When can I pee on something? How soon is too soon? Today is 8 DPO. Maybe I'll start peeing on 10 DPO.

#24 of 307 Old 12-01-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I've got no symptoms worth noting, anything I've got can be explained by mild OHSS from having six follicles, and I'm bored. When can I pee on something? How soon is too soon? Today is 8 DPO. Maybe I'll start peeing on 10 DPO.
I give you the Magic 8 Ball pee stick - guaranteed results!

:: waits for Papa ::

Magic 8 Ball says . . . "try again later." Well, it's a result...

#25 of 307 Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharinerose View Post
I give you the Magic 8 Ball pee stick - guaranteed results!

:: waits for Papa ::

Magic 8 Ball says . . . "try again later." Well, it's a result...
That's awesome.

We should sell those!!!!!

I am so proud of myself - tomorrow is 9 DPO and I don't have a test in the house. Except for the positive one that was found in the bottom of the kitchen garbage, since it apparently escaped from the bag, after I decided to rid myself of the many, many sticks I peed on last month.

I can't pee on anything until 10 DPO. Will our hero make it all the way to the beta on Monday? Time will tell.....it would be a first for me. In the past, I have had the occasional cycle where I didn't pee on anything or get a beta, because I knew it was pointless.

Maybe I'll hold out until that morning. We'll see.

#26 of 307 Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM

Thanks to everyone for the votes of confidence on timing. I'm thinking maybe it won't be so bad after all, as well. And I know you can't put much stock in only 3 temps, but check out the pattern so far compared to my PG cycle! If it continues this way, maybe my body is giving me an early Xmas present and Oing early (no OPKs this month, so can't be sure, obv. Will have to wait and see what temps do!). Lol. You know I just HAVE to obsess about something, even in my attempts not to obsess by not being a temping-nazi.

Papa - Proud of you for staying away from the pee sticks. Makes it easier when they're not in the house, for sure. This month, since money is tight around the holidays, I'm going to try the tactic of saving a dollar for every time I resist the urge to POA $tree test and getting myself something small as a pat on the back once I get my BFP (or AF shows, but I'm trying not to think negatively!).

mkpgoddess - fingers crossed that your timing will be JUST RIGHT! You're supposed to get it tomorrow, yes? Have/are you POA OPK?

katharinerose - I think that four tries this cycle will be exactly what's needed to do the trick! !!!!!

AFM - insem #2 after work today. I usually do it at KD's house, but I think that, this time, I'm going to pick it up and make the mad dash home (if traffic in that direction doesn't look too crazy) so I can do it in the comfort of my bedroom for once, chill for 20-30 minutes before using the Instead Cup, and meditate a bit. Those last bits are hard to do in his grime-y bathroom. I'll still have tomorrow to do it the "right then and there" way, and am just feeling like the plan for today is the right one for some reason. Plus, I find waiting 30 minutes or so is actually a bit better in terms of the stuff liquefying. Anyone else have this experience with freshies?

#27 of 307 Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 PM

Hi all,

Just checking in after being MIA for a while. I'm on what I think is the last of our IUIs (I might have the stomach for one more). Currently 10dpo. Tested this morning and got a BFN. No surprise there. We'll see, but I'm not holding out hope. My guess is that we'll probably do a laproscopy to remove the endometrioma from my right ovary and then move on to IVF.

Have any of you self financed IVF? We have enough money in our saving to cover it, but I'm wary of dipping into that. We have quite a bit of equity in our house (and a nice fixed rate low interest mortgage) and I was thinking about borrowing against that as we can easily afford the few hundred a month it would take to pay that off w/out ravaging our savings or retirement. Have I mentioned that when I get anxious I talk about money rather than emotions? It's an issue

On a happier note two nights ago I dreamed (for the first time in 11 cycles of trying!) that I was pregnant. I could feel my uterus like a hard round ball in my tummy (yes, I know that's not the way it feels for real). And then last night I dreamed that I got a BFP. Both great dreams.

Papa, I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

Lyndzies, my bff insemed with frozen sperm at about 12 noon when she saw a surge that morning (after not ovulating in the entire year she had been tracking). And she ended up with twins. So this whole timing thing is not an exact science. Everything I have ever read would have said that 4 hours post surge is way too early for frozen sperm! So don't stress...(easier said than done).

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#28 of 307 Old 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM

Lyndzies - girl, if something is telling you to take the sperm home and do your own thing there, then do it. The last time we insemmed, we were set to do the traditional 12/24 post pos OPK and something told me to wait when 24 hrs showed up. Lo and behold, we got preg. Who knows if it was because I decided to wait, but I'm a firm believer in listening to these things.

Yes, we're POA OPK's, rather obsessively. I have the internet cheapies by the several dozen, plus a box of the digi OPK's to reinforce the positive whenever it shows up. LOL - we are such dorks. DW got a miner's headlight to make the navigating easier and we were so excited that it came in the mail yesterday!

Cejae - actually, your uterus CAN feel like a round hard ball....here's to hoping that those dreams were prophetic and trying to tell you something!!

Papa - way to hold out!!! I'm hoping I have even a fraction of your patience...

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#29 of 307 Old 12-02-2009, 06:53 PM

mkpgoddess, I hope your characterization of dreams as prophetic is true. Unfortunately the ball in my stomach was more a marble protruding from abdomen. My guess is that in real life that would signal a bit of a problem. But then I'm that *that* kind of doctor...

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#30 of 307 Old 12-02-2009, 10:50 PM

Lyndzies: Home in bed sounds much more comfortable than in someone else's bathroom! Here's hoping a change in venue does the trick!

cejae: I'd say the dreams can't be bad...

So note to self for the day: Don't schedule a Pap in the days before ovulating. It took 3 different specula for my doc to find my cervix. Not only is it way up there, but it points back toward my tailbone around O, so even harder to reach!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page