New Year, reNewed Hope - Queer Conceptions January 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I think we're updated! I'm about 12 hours away from my egg retrieval, so expect that either I will be glued to my computer for the next two days, or that you won't hear from me at all. Either could be completely normal. I will update when I can!

Go Team Eggs!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 11:23 PM

FX for you, Papa!

Sending great vibes to all of you entering into the TWW!

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 PM

Papa -- our whole household is crossing everything possible for you. Can't wait for the sock report! But really, I hope that it goes smoothly, that you have tons of eggs, tons fertilize, and you leave feeling well. You know where/how to find me should you and the team need anything in these parts....

Be well, drive safely, go eggs, go!

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:35 AM

Just rejoining the group after some time away to recover from our m/c. FtMPapa, I have everything possible crossed in hopes that your egg harvest goes fantastically!

Geek. TTC since 09/2008. M/cs 01/2009, 12/2009. IVF 7/2009, 10/2009, 1/2010.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:02 AM

Papa, for when you wake up, I wanted to write you back RE your post about academic timing & needing to take time off for the IVF: I have not seen convincing evidence that bed rest (or even couch rest) increases IVF success. My RE had me sit on the couch at home for 1.5 days after transfers, which I believe to be the "It couldn't hurt" school of medicine. My tendency has been to sleep off the 2nd half of the day after egg retrieval, and return to work the next day. For embryo transfers, I spend the rest of the day on the couch, doing *non-stressful* work with my laptop. Nothing that would make me angry at collaborators or co-workers. Repeat the 2nd day. A calming environment (cats!), simple work to do, and the freedom to wear sweatpants in accommodation of bloated ovaries.

Oh, my status update. We're back in the thick of things. We've made a lot of progress grieving for our poor doomed paddlebean, and will continue grieving as we keep trying. We're now in IVF cycle #3. Aside from having to pop a potentially dominant follicle (OUCH!), this one's going smoothly. We're old pros by now. Egg harvest Friday.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 AM

I'll be thinking about you FTMPapa! Good luck!!!

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

Old 01-12-2010, 12:07 PM

Papa - thinking of you and sending you the most positive of vibes this morning!

When you return, and feel up to it, can you please move me to waiting to know? I am fairly confident I O'ed yesterday, even though the OPK was still + this morning. This is not the first time I've had consecutive days of +OPK, so I'm not too worried about it. Still having O pain and some cramping, too, but they're subsiding.

Anyway, I checked, and if my temps stay up the next two days, FF will confirm O at CD19. REALLY glad I got that extra insem in!

I think I will take out the open circle temp from CD18, because it was a 3 hours late temp, and it will put my CL higher than I'd like to see it. Not trying to be too obsessive; just know it will stress me out more to have it there, have a high CL, and then possible have temps below the CL during the TWW, so why deal w/ that extra stress? The temp's probably not accurate anyhow.

Hope everyone's having a good day! TWW, here I come (may it be less confusing than the last).

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Good luck today, Papa!!

Lyndzies, yayy for awesome donors!! : Hope the TWW turns into more like a 9 month wait.

AFM, not really sure what the heck is going on this cycle. I haven't had a positive OPK yet, but my temp's up a tad this morning and last night my CM seemed to be much less and stickier than the night before. My cervix is still a open, but not completely. I think maybe one of the OPK's might have been positive the other day even though it wasn't as dark as the control and that day I got a low on the monitor. I may have O'd yesterday but there's still a possibility I haven't O'd yet. Guess if my temp goes up again tomorrow I will have a better idea.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 PM

good luck papa! i hope you get lots of mature follicles!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 01-12-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm home!

Nine eggs!! They look good, by tomorrow late PM I'll have a fertilization report.

For now, I'm home, snuggling with my cats and my big lazy dog (small quick dog is having a slumber party with friends for a couple of days).

SO HUNGRY!!!!

So high on drugs.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I'm home!

Nine eggs!! They look good, by tomorrow late PM I'll have a fertilization report.

For now, I'm home, snuggling with my cats and my big lazy dog (small quick dog is having a slumber party with friends for a couple of days).

SO HUNGRY!!!!

So high on drugs.
That's great news! I hope you enjoy your recuperating, fingers crossed that those totcicles cooperate! :

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

Old 01-12-2010, 07:09 PM

Awesome, FtMPapa. My fingers are crossed that most of them fertilize!

Old 01-12-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropeep View Post
Oh, my status update. We're back in the thick of things. We've made a lot of progress grieving for our poor doomed paddlebean, and will continue grieving as we keep trying. We're now in IVF cycle #3. Aside from having to pop a potentially dominant follicle (OUCH!), this one's going smoothly. We're old pros by now. Egg harvest probably Friday or Sat.
Hum... ouch about the dominant follicule.... I didnt know that had to do that sometimes !

I hope everything else runs smoothly !

Welcome back... sorry about your loss... Hope things turn out good this time

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 01-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I'm home!

SO HUNGRY!!!!

So high on drugs.
Yeah, the high on drugs is nice
9 eggs is good I hope they all fertilize ! Did you ask for daily photos of their progress ??

Take care, eat well... and do everything you can not to get constipated ! I had that nasty little issue while I was waiting for transfer !

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 PM

papa, i'm so glad everything went well! FX for 9 fertilized eggies!!!

sorry i can't take more time to do personals... i do miss conversing with all of you...

afm: could i be moved to waiting to O? please and thanks. AF is such an ugly witch.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I'm home!

SO HUNGRY!!!!

So high on drugs.
Yay, 9 eggs, that's great! I will be looking forward to your update tomorrow!

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
Old 01-13-2010, 12:14 AM

Can't wait to hear the update tomorrow! Nine eggs is wonderful! Go little swimmers, go!

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:34 AM

So good to hear from you, Papa! Hoping your kitties and pup are keeping you good company, and warm, on the couch. Enjoy the meds (and maybe sup w/ some fiber; if you're on codeine or oxy, you will get stopped up!.. well, I do, anyway! Lol) and can't wait to hear your update tomorrow! xoxo

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 PM

I think I might have missed my surge this month. I've been doing OPKs twice a day since CD11 and not gotten a positive yet. I think I might have O'ed on CD 17 though since my temp today and yesterday were what i normally get post-O. Guess it's a good thing we didn't try this cycle. It's possible I haven't O'd yet, since I did temp at kind of weird times. We shall see what happens in the next few days.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/quasarkat

Old 01-13-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

WOW!!!!

All nine of the eggs retrieved yesterday have fertilized! I can hardly believe it. 100% fertilization.

I've started on the Endometrin progesterone suppositories, and I am getting ready to transfer on Friday, though if the embies look good tomorrow, I'm going to hold out 'til Sunday, since there's a better chance of success.

I can't believe that I have NINE embryos. That's crazy talk!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:56 PM

Yay for nine embryos, Papa! I got a feeling that your kidlet is hanging out in a petri dish right now, just waiting to be transferred!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Old 01-13-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
WOW!!!!

All nine of the eggs retrieved yesterday have fertilized! I can hardly believe it. 100% fertilization.

I've started on the Endometrin progesterone suppositories, and I am getting ready to transfer on Friday, though if the embies look good tomorrow, I'm going to hold out 'til Sunday, since there's a better chance of success.

Holy cow! That is SUCH great news, Papa!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 PM

Holy Cow!!!! That's great Papa!!!

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, lots of crazy and exciting things happening around here!!

Afm, DP and I have done our first insems this month FINALLY. Could you please put us in waiting to know when you get the chance? She hasn't actually O'd yet as far as we know... In the past, it's happened anywhere in between CD 12 and 17, so we went for the insems during the dips on CD11 and CD14. If we haven't seen a temp rise by tomorrow morning, we'll try again. Luckily, we have a very nice and patient donor. He had a really long work day yesterday, but still let us come over at 11:30pm when he got home! He's so great! OMG... I'm sooo excited... DP says she refuses to do any testing until her flow is a couple days late though. EEK. Here's hoping I can hold out and not pester her. lol

Ooooh, and anyone else ever have a ridiculously awkward first insem? Ours was so silly. We gawked at how the sperm looked and made a couple comments before we realised KD hadn't actually left the apartment yet. Luckily we were fairly quiet. Heehee. And we giggled like maniacs which made orgasm somewhat difficult to accomplish.

Oh, oh, MORE news!! DP just started a new job which has tons of room for advancement, and we figured out her eczema was from the off-gassing from the materials in our brand new apartment building, so she has been staying at a friends for the last three weeks, and her eczema is almost gone! So we are moving into a house this weekend!! YAY!!!!

On top of all this, my child came out as trans in early December, and has chosen the name "Serafina". She wanted a name that meant fire goddess, but this was close enough for her. It made the holiday season interesting for sure. She came out to DP's parents expecting them to be supportive... unfortunately this resulted in DP not wanting to speak to them because of they way they acted about it. Urgh. Serafina hasn't come out to any of my family because she knows how they are. She'll do it if/when she feels comfy about it. The school has been just barely supportive enough that we don't reign fire down upon them. They better watch out though... they don't know who they're dealing with.

Congrats and many thanks if you read this whole thing... sorry about the length!!

I'm a queer, poly, pagan, (dis)abled, crazy, crunchy, intersectionally-minded feminist. fsonj & I are mamas to our unschooled/freeschooled 12yo & 3yo!  (Ask me about co-breastfeeding, supplementing at the breast, inducing lactation, eating placentas, undisturbed birth, and parenting a genderqueer child with Aspergers!)
Old 01-13-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
WOW!!!!

I read this and said, OUT LOUD (to the ZERO people around me), "holy cr@#$!!!!" That is absolutely amazing. And so very appropriate and perfect for you who has held out through such a maddening process.

I'm thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This completely rocks. Can't wait to hear about the next steps.

yowzers!
megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:00 PM

Papa!!!! That's amazing wonderfulness!!! I'm so excited for you!

Living with my DW, ourcat.gifAstrid, my mom and dad, and their dog and cats, too.  Hoping to start TTC with my OSO as baby-daddy soonish!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
WOW!!!!

Wow indeed !!! I am very happy for you ! Good work Papa !!

Coco
xxx

Old 01-13-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthe_mama View Post
Afm, DP and I have done our first insems this month FINALLY.

On top of all this, my child came out as trans in early December, and has chosen the name "Serafina".

They better watch out though... they don't know who they're dealing with.

Congrats and many thanks if you read this whole thing... sorry about the length!!
Hey there ! Congrats on your first insem ! I laughed out loud reading your post, we are using frozen sperm so we havent had those ackward moments with "the real thing". I am sure we would giggle as well ...

I had a friend who tried with the traditional method... KD didnt want to donate, he asked to participate... (I could never do that but it was ok for her) and she said that they laughed the whole time and thats what made it easier. So yeah for humor !

I am glad that your child has such a support team T=Wuith that much love, acceptance and understanding.... things can only turn out ok for her in the end ! What courage tho !!

See you around !

Coco
xx

Old 01-14-2010, 10:18 AM

Papa - All 9, that is amazing. I'm so happy for you!!! Please keep us updated.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
Old 01-14-2010, 11:24 AM

erthe_mama - Yay! I really hope you have fantastic "beginners luck!!!"

And, kudos to your child for being so brave. It sounds like you both are an amazing support for her. Hoping that her grandparents come around, and that she is safe and supported in school.

Papa - hope you're feeling good and ready to grow a healthy bean!

AFM - I think I can be pretty damn confident that I O'ed on CD19.

Thank the universe for flexible KDs. I'm hoping his extra-special generosity is the thing that does the trick this cycle. Looking back, I realized that the cycle I got pregnant, I also did an insem on the actual day of O, so maybe that's a good sign? Then again, there were two cycles where I insemed on actual day of O that I did not get pregnant, so who the hell knows.

I never did insems on O-4 and O-5, however. Maybe those will bring "heeeeeere's Sophie!" luck. Lol. Can you tell I'm positively giddy this cycle?

*does a happy ferret dance*

User Tag List