Queer Conceptions February 2010 - October - Early November Babies! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 227 Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lets make those babies!

Queer Conceptions - February 2010

Waiting to O

* Coco & DP
* MaxK
* j_on_planet
*Dana_305
*Mtnlisa
* Tigerlily1
* Coco99

Marinating

: Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW :

* Wehrli
*Kathy&Jess
*LibraryLady
*Chiquitayy
* AmandaHope

: Working on IVF :

* Shadow22 with DP's eggs

Taking a Break & Figuring Things Out & Waiting to be Ready

* Astro & DP Fozziebear
* painefaria
* katherinerose
* SPCD & Dp
* bttrflygypsy
* Hoping2bMoms
* Beastie - Trying again in June
* Joyseattle
* Cejae (gettin' ready for IVF in the spring!)
* 2HappyMamas (IVF w/ DW's eggs) in July
* Milletpuff (taking a break until the late spring)
* Giggleblue - Waiting to be ready
*MujerMamaMismo – TTC #2 in May

:2010 Graduates!

February BFPs
Your Name HERE!!!! (with a little luck!)

* Mistral - 10-17-10
* Quasar + smartycat - 10-26-10
* Monarchgrrl - 10-31-10
*erthe_mama & DP - 11-04-10

January BFPs

* lyndzies : - 10-4-10
* FtMpapa - 10-10-10

:2009 Graduates!
December BFPs

* osker
* megan sacha
* mkpgoddess

November BFPs October BFPs

* JJNoho
* Mommies 2 Be
* megincl & ktcl

September BFPs

* elismum1908
* KSDoulaMama
* pleasantlyfurious

August BFPs

* chicagoml
* wishin'&hopin'

July BFPs

* hbog
* kimlyn32

May BFPs

* indigoscot's dp

April BFPs

* Kelmendi
* KJM
* whoabethy
* carmen

March BFPs

* scalpel
* katwomyn4

February BFP

* deny_zoo29

January BFP

* jodybird511

:2008 Graduates!

December BFPs

* DM630
* raene
* wazzmum

October BFPs

* JennM1021
* lexbeach's DP
* QTRANDI

September BFP

* Ellie74

August BFPs

* heart-n-bones
* Love My Family

July BFPs

* giggleblue
* pranava
* MamaCaveBear
* quasar (and DP smartycat)

June BFPs

* starling&diesel
* PiGirl
* Erica12009

April BFPs

* tigermiep
* MujerMamaMismo
* tiggerkong22
* simcon
* 2happymamas

March BFPs

* JenInMpls
* mahrens77

January BFP

* cookie70

:2007 Graduates!

December BFP

* Scalpel

November BFPs

* mamimapster
* AngelaM
* solejean
* lmh222

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#2 of 227 Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Good Evening everyone! You can now begin posting in this thread. I'll make any updates and review the old thread for updates in the morning!

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#3 of 227 Old 02-01-2010, 03:08 AM

I hope this thread brings you much thread-keepers luck!

I'm still over here waiting. I've stopped temping and testing with OPK's though. This cycle obviously didn't turn out the way the previous two did (when I actually O'ed). I'm not worried, but it might set us back a few months. We might try next month if things go OK, but with me still nursing, my body might be telling me that waiting until around April or May to try is a better option. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#4 of 227 Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quasar – Thank you! I hope it does.

I’m sorry things didn’t turn out like you wanted, but you are right, you can probably attribute everything to the fact that you are still breastfeeding. I hope your body gets back to O’ing on a regular basis soon.
Do you want me to move to waiting to be ready until next month?

Milletpuff – I wish you the best of luck in finding a new acupuncturist soon. I’m no chart expert; sorry I can’t offer any advice.

Coco – Hugs, I’m sorry about your BFN. Thanks for the site, I’ve stumbled upon it last cycle and forgot about it.

Maxk – When do you get your results?

Astro – I hope you get some answers soon. I’ll see you soon.

Papa – You will be missed, I hope you can pop in from time to time to say hello!

2 Happy Mamas – Welcome back. I will move you to waiting to be ready for IVF with DW’s eggs.

Kathy&Jess – Welcome, I hope your stay here is short. How many DPO are you?

AFM - No real updates, tons of dips, annoyed.

#5 of 227 Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 AM

Mistral, can you please move me to Waiting to O? Thanks! Sending you some of that thread keepers magic too.

I think someone asked in the other thread why this Thursday might be my only medically assisted attempt - and the simple answer is we're poor. We're currently a single income household, while my long term partner goes to school...and so we've mostly been trying at home with a KD. We're getting a vial from TCSB from a sperm fairy, so we figured we'd try this one with a little extra help.

In the past year and a half, I think we've tried 9 times, but frankly, I wasn't counting right/reading enough/taking my temp etc etc etc. So, I feel a little like I'm starting fresh. (OK, not totally fresh cause there's all that trauma from a year and a half too, but still...)

Lately I've been trying to live in that place that people only hang in when they have tons of faith - but the crushing disappointment is pretty familiar and, no matter what words of encouragement people give, part of me thinks we just have to grieve a little each time we don't conceive cause that's part of the process, no?

Anyway, that's to send tons of good energy to each and everyone of you, whatever has brought you to today.
#6 of 227 Old 02-01-2010, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_on_planet View Post
Mistral, can you please move me to Waiting to O? Thanks! Sending you some of that thread keepers magic too.

I think someone asked in the other thread why this Thursday might be my only medically assisted attempt - and the simple answer is we're poor. We're currently a single income household, while my long term partner goes to school...and so we've mostly been trying at home with a KD. We're getting a vial from TCSB from a sperm fairy, so we figured we'd try this one with a little extra help.

In the past year and a half, I think we've tried 9 times, but frankly, I wasn't counting right/reading enough/taking my temp etc etc etc. So, I feel a little like I'm starting fresh. (OK, not totally fresh cause there's all that trauma from a year and a half too, but still...)

Lately I've been trying to live in that place that people only hang in when they have tons of faith - but the crushing disappointment is pretty familiar and, no matter what words of encouragement people give, part of me thinks we just have to grieve a little each time we don't conceive cause that's part of the process, no?

Anyway, that's to send tons of good energy to each and everyone of you, whatever has brought you to today.

Sure! Thank you, I need it, I'm feeling so down about this cycle, I have a progesterone test today and I'm going to ask about our treatment plan for next month. Clomid vs Trigger vs Clomid & Trigger. They originally wanted to do Clomid (unmonitored) but I O on my own and I don't know how I feel about unmonitored cycles. It's cheaper which is great since this is out of pocket and monitoring is expensive, but it might give me peace of mind.

Aww, don't say you are poor, how about, you are making due with what you have? Things can be tough on a single income at times, I would just look to the future, obviously your partner is in school and when she is finished, your income will increase. That was really sweet of someone to buy you a vial, I wish you the very best of luck!

Have you tried to do Yoga and Meditation to help with putting you in a good place? I know you mentioned money is tight, but there are free videos online as well as on iTunes. TTC is a difficult and emotional time, whether you've tried one cycle or 40 cycles, I can only imagine that is gets worst each cycle that we don't succeed, but I think this whole process takes a lot of luck and hope and it can make or break your relationship.

#7 of 227 Old 02-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_on_planet View Post
Oh J, I totally understand this feeling. It is so hard to continue to live in a place of hope. And yes, I think that grieving each time is a totally normal part of the process. In the combined total of 21 tries between my partner and myself we grieved *a lot*. Being in that space together made us much stronger as a couple. The thing we tried to do was also celebrate each time. We celebrated ourselves and focused on the joy that we could have by living in the present - whether it was going for a hike, a gorgeous mountain bike ride, sitting by the ocean or treating ourselves to a spending spree (which we could in no way afford!) at Sur la Table (okay, that only happened once...but still).

If you are interested - there are free meditation and yoga podcasts on iTunes that I'm a big fan of.

Hang in there.

AFM, waiting on my day three labs to come back to see if I'm even still a candidate for IVF.

I'm giving serious thought to heading up to a world famous clinic up in Denver (rather than the local RE in my town, which, to be fair, is a university medical center), since we're only going to do this IVF thing once. But honestly, the thought of going through *another* clinic makes me feel exhausted. The area of Colorado we live in is a bit (ahem, understatement) backwards when it comes to women's health - so it took 4 tries to find a clinic in which I felt like I wasn't seeing a doc who would be a fan of "twighlight birthing" (seriously, that outdated here). But Denver is only an hour away and I know people from all over fly to this clinic because of their success rates. Thinking thinking thinking....

I can't wait for the day when my life is no longer revolving around my reproductive capacity!

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#8 of 227 Old 02-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Hi all! Just popping in to sub for the new month! Thanks for taking over Mistral. Thread keeping luck to you!!!

Coco- (from your question on the last thread) Looks like your temp is up today! That's good!

AFM- Just still hanging out. Our swimmers will be delivered tomorrow and we'll insem at the end of the week.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#9 of 227 Old 02-01-2010, 11:43 PM

Happy February! I hope it is the month for many of you! We're going to see the RE this week (Cejae, I'm wondering if I'm going to THE clinic or not? To which Denver clinic are you referring?) I'm currently having the longest cycle EVER (20 opk's in)--just when we wanted to keep better track so the we could get a feel for "normal" its not normal. So we are still waiting and figuring, but hopefully later this month we will know more! Good luck everyone!
MtnLisa
#10 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 AM

Well.. I know I said I wasn't going to test or temp anymore this cycle and just ride it out.... but... this afternoon I just couldn't resist. TMI, but I had some majorly promising EWCM this afternoon, so I took an OPK and it came up blazing positive. Cervix is super high and soft. So, looks like we're doing an overnight delivery of the swim team and going for a morning insemination tomorrow as long as things still look good in the morning. I do sort of wish I had taken an OPK on Sunday so I could see if this was the first positive day because sometimes I did get a positive for two days, but I'm not going to think about it too much. If I O tomorrow, we probably will test on Valentine's Day.

mtnlisa- I hope your RE appointment goes well!

Monarchgrrl- Woohoo for the swim team's arrival tomorrow and upcoming insem! :

j_on_planet- Here's to fresh starts. I think that grieving is an important part in all of this craziness when things don't work out as we'd like. It's such an emotional process. Good luck with this cycle.

cejae- I hope your 3-day labs help give you some answers and that you're able to do IVF if that's what it comes to.

Mistral- I was given the option to use clomid last time, but it was going to be an unmonitored cycle. My GP just handed me the script and said here ya go. I wasn't comfortable with that though because the month prior, someone here on the TTC boards ended up hyperstimulating and things could have gone wrong had she tried to conceive. That scared me off of it without doing u/s. I've never ended up taking clomid because I had been ovulating fine. Not sure if that helps you in your decision at all, but for me I was uncomfortable taking the medication without being monitored. I might have done the trigger, but it was never given as an option.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#11 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cejae View Post
AFM, waiting on my day three labs to come back to see if I'm even still a candidate for IVF.
I'm impatient, have you gotten your labs back yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
AFM- Just still hanging out. Our swimmers will be delivered tomorrow and we'll insem at the end of the week.
How exciting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlisa View Post
We're going to see the RE this week
MtnLisa
Good Luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
Well.. I know I said I wasn't going to test or temp anymore this cycle and just ride it out.... but... this afternoon I just couldn't resist. TMI, but I had some majorly promising EWCM this afternoon, so I took an OPK and it came up blazing positive. Cervix is super high and soft. So, looks like we're doing an overnight delivery of the swim team and going for a morning insemination tomorrow as long as things still look good in the morning. I do sort of wish I had taken an OPK on Sunday so I could see if this was the first positive day because sometimes I did get a positive for two days, but I'm not going to think about it too much. If I O tomorrow, we probably will test on Valentine's Day.

Mistral- I was given the option to use clomid last time, but it was going to be an unmonitored cycle. My GP just handed me the script and said here ya go. I wasn't comfortable with that though because the month prior, someone here on the TTC boards ended up hyperstimulating and things could have gone wrong had she tried to conceive. That scared me off of it without doing u/s. I've never ended up taking clomid because I had been ovulating fine. Not sure if that helps you in your decision at all, but for me I was uncomfortable taking the medication without being monitored. I might have done the trigger, but it was never given as an option.
That's excellent news! for positive OPK's!

Thank you for the information on unmedicated clomid cycles, when DW comes back on Friday, I'll have to show her this thread.

#12 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 AM

The swim team arrived here safely this morning. They are now enjoying a nice tropical swim after being in that frigid environment for the past 18 months. Can you please move me to Waiting to Know? I'm not going to be temping to confirm O because it'll just make me crazy. But we'll be testing on Valentine's Day as long as AF stays away!

#13 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 01:56 PM

Holy cow quasar that's so exciting! Wow! I guess the universe wanted you to try this time? Woo hoo!!

j_on_planet, I just wnated to send huge hugs to you. I have definitely had hearthache, heartbreak, grieving etc. To me there's a difference between grieving and what is affectionately known in my household as "going into the black abyss". Sometimes we add "of hopelessness" or something. I guess both are part of the process. I had a black, black week last week (my due date from my m/c was jan 27th) but today I feel good and positive. It's so hard to hold a positive intent for something that I want so bad and not get attached to the results. Sigh. So I am thinking of you. And I know that your baby will find you.

Monarchgrrl - good luck for this month!

mtnlisa - yeah, the month we got really serious about tracking was I think my only anovulatory month ever. Pfft! Hope it normalizes soon.

AFU: ticktockticktockticktock at 4dpo. Busy season has started at work so that's great and exciting. Did you all know that there are free tax sites that you can get your taxes done at if you are low- to moderate-income? I run one and we serve people with incomes up to $75k but some have lower cutoffs. If you are legally married in a state that allows that you may not qualify (bc most places don't train the preparers in that) but you should check in out if you are currently paying for your taxes (in case you hadn't guessed, that's what I do for work). One place to search for sites is here:

https://locator.aarp.org/vmis/sites/...de_locator.jsp

Ok that's all for now!

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#14 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 PM

Good Luck everyone... we have the OB appointment on Monday to talk about the M/C and to get confirmation about when we can start trying again. I am actually excited to get my period Never thought that would happen!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#15 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 02:52 PM

quasar- Woohoo!! Fingers crossed for you!!!!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#16 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Really quick fly by post. My P4 was at a 22. I know that this is not an indicator if I am pregnant or not, although, I am hoping it is. According to my initial search it could mean that I had multiple folies that could have been fertilized. I'm hpping that at least one of them got fertilized and is sticky (please, please, please). I don't know how I am going to make it through the day! I can't wait until 5 o clock when I am off so I can go home and google, google, google.

If any of you have p4 info, that will be greatly appreciated. I go in on Monday for a blood test.

Thanks!

PS. I'll respond to everyones post when I get home, before I google the p4 info. Please post encouraging words to not POAS until at least Thursday (11dpo)

#17 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the new thread
cejae - did you get your numbers back yet?

quasar -good luck

Mistral that number looks good, but I'm no expert on P4 levels

mtnlisa good luck on your RE appointment

Monarchgrrl - good luck for you upcoming insemination

milletpuff - for your TWW, it's good that your busy at work to at least try and take your mind off the wait

j_on_planet - I know this TTC journey can be emotional and tough but try to hang in there

AFM Please could you move to waiting to know, I got a nice positive on my OPKs yesterday and all the other signs lined up as well. I inseminated last night and this morning. It was nice to add PM and AM on my chart instead of just one cold I.

(x-posted from TTC) I have a question about cramping do any of you cramp a little after inseminating with frozen donor sperm? The feeling I got both times (and still do) was almost as if I could feel the boys & girls swimming about in my uterus - not uncomfortable but just strange...
#18 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 05:08 PM

Mistral My KD's not moving in, my sister is. KD is her bf. Also, can you please switch us to waiting to O? We're insemming again on Sunday and Wednesday next week.

milletpuff I loved your partner's response to helping you with the progesterone cream in the January thread!

j_on_planet Good luck with your insem on the fourth! Or... errr... may the Fourth be with you!

AFM, no real news here. Happy that we get to insem in our new home from now on though! Doing it at KD's and DP's friend's apartment was a little weird for me personally.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#19 of 227 Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Ugh, thanks you guys for checking in. I'm very confused right now! Last June my AMH was .9 (not great, but not bad for one ovary) and FSH was 6.3 (not too shabby for a 35 year old). But I just called the doc to get my labs and my AMH was .3 (!) and my FSH was 10.8 (!). What the heck? Seriously, in a year? I had all these tests run a year ago December (in addition to June) and the numbers were essentially the same as June's, so I guess I'm floored that it could change so much. Huh. I've never in all the time I've been charting had an anovulatory cycle and sometimes produce 2 eggs and I'm extremely "regular." So I guess all this is a bit of a surprise to me. I suppose nothing should be a surprise at this point. But still.

Which, I suppose settles it, I'm headed up to the clinic in Denver (which, btw Mtn Lisa is called the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine). Is that yours as well?

Quasar, I really hope you get good Vday news!

Sorry, Mistral, I'm a big fan of POAS, so there's no way I can help you refrain. .

Sending fertile vibes your way Tigerlily!

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#20 of 227 Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 AM

quasar - Good luck!

I just got my Day 3 lab results from the nurse. She said everything looks good and nothing out of the ordinary. I don't have the actual numbers, should I request a copy of them?

I was actually a little shocked that there is nothing wrong, I guess I was preparing myself in case there was a problem. I think we are planning to take this cycle off just to relax a little bit and let the acupuncture and herbs sink in. I have been researching doing home IUI's and have ordered materials. We plan to start again next month for a Sagittarius baby.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#21 of 227 Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
The swim team arrived here safely this morning. They are now enjoying a nice tropical swim after being in that frigid environment for the past 18 months. But we'll be testing on Valentine's Day as long as AF stays away!
I hope they had a wonderful tropical swim and that your little zygote is dividing away. It should have 2 cells by now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
Good Luck everyone... we have the OB appointment on Monday to talk about the M/C and to get confirmation about when we can start trying again. I am actually excited to get my period Never thought that would happen!
Bringing on the period! I hope your period comes soon!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily1 View Post

AFM Please could you move to waiting to know, I got a nice positive on my OPKs yesterday and all the other signs lined up as well. I inseminated last night and this morning. It was nice to add PM and AM on my chart instead of just one cold I.

(x-posted from TTC) I have a question about cramping do any of you cramp a little after inseminating with frozen donor sperm? The feeling I got both times (and still do) was almost as if I could feel the boys & girls swimming about in my uterus - not uncomfortable but just strange...
Yay for multiple insems! I cramp after insem, but i've only ever had IUI's and the cramping is to be expected with me due to my tilted cervix and inverted uterus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthe_mama View Post
Mistral My KD's not moving in, my sister is. KD is her bf. Also, can you please switch us to waiting to O? We're insemming again on Sunday and Wednesday next week.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cejae View Post
Ugh, thanks you guys for checking in. I'm very confused right now! Last June my AMH was .9 (not great, but not bad for one ovary) and FSH was 6.3 (not too shabby for a 35 year old). But I just called the doc to get my labs and my AMH was .3 (!) and my FSH was 10.8 (!). What the heck? Seriously, in a year? I had all these tests run a year ago December (in addition to June) and the numbers were essentially the same as June's, so I guess I'm floored that it could change so much. Huh. I've never in all the time I've been charting had an anovulatory cycle and sometimes produce 2 eggs and I'm extremely "regular." So I guess all this is a bit of a surprise to me. I suppose nothing should be a surprise at this point. But still.

Which, I suppose settles it, I'm headed up to the clinic in Denver (which, btw Mtn Lisa is called the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine). Is that yours as well?
I know numbers can change year to year, even month to month. Can you ask for a retest? I wish you the best of luck if you decide to go to the clinic in Denver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxK View Post
quasar - Good luck!

I just got my Day 3 lab results from the nurse. She said everything looks good and nothing out of the ordinary. I don't have the actual numbers, should I request a copy of them?

I was actually a little shocked that there is nothing wrong, I guess I was preparing myself in case there was a problem. I think we are planning to take this cycle off just to relax a little bit and let the acupuncture and herbs sink in. I have been researching doing home IUI's and have ordered materials. We plan to start again next month for a Sagittarius baby.
I always ask for the numbers that way I can do research and ask questions.

AFM: No update, just lonely, can't wait until DW comes back on Friday. I hope I have a surprise for her when she comes home. She's already told me that I better come up with a "good way" of telling her that is not too nerdy or lame. She is expecting a BFP and I know she will be totally let down and sad if I have to let her know about a BFN.

#22 of 227 Old 02-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Mistral- Fingers crossed that you have GREAT news to tell her!

#23 of 227 Old 02-03-2010, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Slow day today! Looks like we need a QOTD.
QOTD - How do you plan on telling DP/DW/SO that you are pregnant? How about friends? Family? And when are you telling your friends and family?

#24 of 227 Old 02-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Good thinking, Mistral! It's quiet today. I'll play.

How do you plan on telling DP/DW/SO that you are pregnant?

Hopefully she'll be there when I test. She works nights and usually gets home when I get up in the morning, so that should work with FMU. I don't have any real plans for doing something cutesy or special, though. Just "WOW! Look at this pink line!!"

How about friends? Family? And when are you telling your friends and family?

Well DW wants us to wait a couple of months before telling anyone, but there is no way I can do that! I'll tell my mom the day we get a BFP, probably. I'll tell my dad a couple of weeks later, probably just on the phone (he lives in another state). Or maybe send him a cutesy grandpa card or something. That'd be cool. I'll tell my best friend right away and email some other close friends within a few weeks. For more distant people, I'll just post something on Facebook around the 4-5 week mark. I'll also be telling my work right away, probably within a few weeks.

And you?

#25 of 227 Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

You made me LOL at “ Just 'wow'! Look at this pink line!!” I’m assuming your mother will be excited. I think it would be really cute if you sent your father a cutesy grandpa card.
Are you in a specialized department, so you have to tell early?

I have no idea how I am going to tell DW. I thought about baking a cake and piping on a pregnancy test with two pink lines, so while it’s cute, she isn’t a dessert fan and wouldn’t appreciate it. So I have no idea how to tell her.

I’ll tell my sister at the 9 week mark, but I’m not telling my parents until the baby is here, I don’t need the stress.
I’ll tell my friends, all my friends are work friends at around 13 weeks and I’ll just have a waiter at a restaurant take a picture and have the waiter say [say (my name) is pregnant] and have a picture of the reaction.
I’ll tell one work friend right away because she went through infertility herself, never was able to have kids and is now divorced, so if I ever had a bad day she would support me. She also supports me now when someone accidently gets pregnant at work and then complains to me. I run to her desk for support. She’s like a mother figure, she’s 24 years older than me!

My supervisor and his supervisor as well as HR knows that we are trying…. And I get time off to try and for various test. Long story short, I work in small department so calling out sick or leaving early coming late isn’t an ideal situation so I had to get HR involved. So I’m sure once the appointments stop that he will figure it out, or at the very least if I am more “moody” with him. I’m also the only woman in my department and when AF is here, I sometimes have a bad day and am very short with him. But I think he has learned my cycle because he tends to leave me alone during that time.

#26 of 227 Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 PM

Wow, I'm sorry that telling your parents would add stress. That's really sad. It sounds like you have a support work environment. That's good!

I love your picture idea! That is hilarious. We're visiting my dad and stepmom in May, so if I'm pregnant by then (oh please! oh please!) then maybe we'll tell them that way! What a great idea! I might steal it.

About my work: Yeah I'm the CFO and really need more than 6 months to train my assistant to take over for 3 months. Plus it's a small company with about 20 employees and they are really my family away from home. The owners are like my brothers and if something happend in early pregnancy I would want them to know so they could support me through it. They will be so thrilled when I announce it!! I can't wait. I'll have to think of some cute way to tell the company (after telling the owners). It's a very creative and fun workplace, so I'll have to think of something neat for that.

Looking forward to hearing other's answers.

#27 of 227 Old 02-04-2010, 04:37 AM

tigerlily1- Good luck in this TWW! As for your question about cramping, I have had that happen after the insems as well. For the IUI's it's probably related to your cervix being irritated by the catheter, regardless of how smooth it went. But the first few times we tried, we did ICI's and I still had a 'full' feeling after the inseminations. Like with you, it felt like there was something different going on in there.

maxK- I'd see if i could get the numbers, too. I'm kind of a freak when it comes to wanting to know what lab values are though... How else could I look up what the numbers could possibly mean even though the doctor said they were fine?

Mistral- Hoping that you see when you test today!

QOTD- If it goes the same as last time, smartycat will know before I do. I had taken a i/c test, which I thought was negative, so I went up to bed upset, knowing that we'd probably try medical intervention the next month. Well, she found my stick and thought she saw something on it. So she did an Answer test and within 2 minutes, the second line showed up. She came in grinning like crazy. I thought she was imagining things on that first test but when she showed me the second one, I was just in disbelief. I'm thinking she's our good luck charm, so I'll let her watch the test so she can break the news to me.

As for telling our friends and family, I haven't decided yet. My family knows we want to try again soon, and are already asking questions. I was thinking of holding off on telling them, but I doubt I'll be able to. It will probably come out at work fairly soon after I find out because I work at a vet's office and will need to stay away from taking xrays.

#28 of 227 Old 02-04-2010, 04:42 AM

Oh, and I just wanted to say thanks for not saying anything to make me think you thought we were crazy for trying this time around. I appreciate the support and think that for as strange as this cycle has been, that the timing was great. With that said, I kept expecting AF to show up today though... Things have just felt weird today, like some mild cramping but not really. Then it seems like there's CM, but there's not. So I don't know what's going on.

#29 of 227 Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM

Can we please be moved to waiting to O ?

Sorry I had to take a few days off the board after AF showed... not only for DP but for me as well, on the same day... I was like "ok, ok we get it, were not pregnant !" . But we are picking ourselves up and gearing up to try again sometime at the end of next week. What I hate is that unless she is one day later for O (which she never is...) I will be on a buisness trip for the first insem... and my "backup" is not available which means that DP will go alone... that just feels sad to me. Its just difficult to always be there with my job which involves alot of travelling out of town to give trainings... its not like I can just be sick suddently when 20 people have been waiting for me for 2 or 3 months..... I blocked dates back in the fall but DP's cycle moved some and now the dates I had saved dont always work out... Next week for example I will be so far north that no road goes there.... I have to take the plane.... I'll tell you if I see Santa Claus... or cariboo....

Anyway so I am back on the board until I leave for that trip next monday. I'll take time to answer everyone tonight.

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#30 of 227 Old 02-04-2010, 12:39 PM

Greetings, all! I posted a few months back but have been mostly lurking while waiting (and waiting...and fighting with the bank/clinic...and waiting) to start inseminating with frozen supply from our long-distance KD. There is still a bit of paperwork to take care of, but I'm 85% sure we'll be able to start inseminating this cycle--in 2 weeks! So can I please be moved to Waiting to O? Yay! We're planning to do one midwife-assisted IUI (I'd rather do it at home and save the cash, but my DP isn't up for doing it herself--sigh). The post-thaw numbers weren't great, so we'll get four vials (!) and the midwife will wash and combine them. I conceived my DD (age 7) in much the same way with a different KD, so I have faith in the system...though I am older, now (34)...so we'll see.

[B]QOTD[B] I'm a temper, and when I conceived my DD, I had a very clear triphasic chart, so I basically knew at about 5 dpo. I also had a really strong feeling that that particular insem had worked...don't know why. (The funny thing is that cycle was way off, so my DP had a trip scheduled [sound familiar?] and couldn't be there. I did have a friend go with me. So maybe being out of town isn't such a bad thing?! Anyway, I'll probably freak out if my temp jumps after implantation again, and my DP will know that way. As for my mom, I completely understand the stress-factor of telling parents. Although I'd prefer to wait to tell my mom for a few months at least, this will depend on our moving schedule. We're currently in contract on a short-sale house, and my parents are going to help us move. IF I'm pregnant by the time we move (don't know when that will be--up to the unresponsive bank), I think I'll tell my parents by showing them the bedroom that they think will be the "office" and letting them know that actually, it will be the nursery. That should be good. They'll be thrilled (in an overbearing kind of way).

Good luck to those in the TWW!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page