Queer & Pregnant: March, April & May 2010 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 310 Old 05-26-2010, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Megin, I totally hear you on the swimming pool! Fortunately we have one... but it doesn't open until Friday when this heat wave will have passed! You guys are welcome to come over any weekend and swim!!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#302 of 310 Old 05-27-2010, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

what i wouldn't give to float in a pool with this big belly of mine...

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#303 of 310 Old 05-27-2010, 05:28 PM

pleasantlyfurious: Have you considered eating your placenta for hormone crash / ppd prevention/treatment? Also, YAY about being able to bf after a reduction! My partner is worried about this. She had her nips removed and put back on, so everything's all shuffled around in there.

wishin'&hopin': Mei Tais look neat! Particularly the babyHAWK. How come you can't bf in a carrier? Yay for baby weight gain too!

KSDoulaMama: Congratulations!!!

Lyndzies: What pattern did you use for the cover on the right? They are super cute!!

jjnoho: *whew* I'm happy for you guys that sam does not have a cleft palette! If you're planning to bf that must especially be a relief! And about the size of him, you know that ultrasounds can be really of with weight, right? Like up to three pounds off! Also, I said I'd take over the thread if you like.

AFM: Our baby is the size of my hand from crown to rump! I can totally palpate hir. It's AWESOME. Ze's also been really active lately and kicking Sonja in the guts lots. lol

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#304 of 310 Old 05-27-2010, 06:00 PM

Lyndzies- those are SUCH cute diapers. I wish I had your skills. Hurry up and make tons for yourself and then sell some to us.

AFM- I'm really just here to complain today. Can I get a hug?

I'll find out from my midwife tomorrow, but I'm about 110% certain that I have pubic symphysis separation. I'm miserable!!!! It started off so mildly about 3 weeks ago that I thought it was a groin muscle pull and would go away and then in just the last week it's gotten SO much worse. I feel like I either got kicked in the crotch by a horse or rode an uncomfortable bike for 1000 miles. I can barely move! Last night I literally couldn't walk. I shuffled around like a really old person. It was so sad. And I turn over from side to side a lot at night while sleeping, but now it hurts so much that I FULLY wake up and groan and cringe while turning over. I guess I expected that in later pregnancy anyway, but at 15-18 weeks?? I really want to cry when I think about it lasting the WHOLE rest of pregnancy (and possibly beyond!). I don't know what I'll do. I'm just so mad that it 1) happened to me at all and 2) that it started SO early. I had such an easy 1st trimester, now when energy is supposed to be back and we're supposed to feel great I can barely walk, stand, sit, lift my leg, move my legs/hips, get dressed by myself, etc. I've read a lot about it and will start chiropractic care next week. I just want my midwife to confirm it first.

And we're MOVING this weekend. Well, at least I don't really have to help.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#305 of 310 Old 05-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Monarchgrrl - I had really bad SPD with my first one, although I can't remember when it started. My brain is swiss cheese these days, sorry. Anyway, a few things that really, really helped - get new shoes with a ton of support and cushioning, including arch or heel supports (tennis shoes or the like). No more dress shoes or sandals/foot flops. When rolling about in bed, or out of it, keep your knees together. Same goes for in and out of the car, on and off of the sofa/chair, etc. Keeping your knees together as much as possible keeps the separation from happening as frequently and makes moving about in bed a lot easier, and lengthens how long you can walk before it becomes crippling. Always have someone help you up if possible. If you know you are going to be doing a lot of walking or standing, regular tylenol can take the edge off, but I hate meds in pregnancy, so I stuck with a rice sock heated for 1-2 minutes in my groin and lower belly before bedtimes and in the mornings before starting the day. If you can, take it with you for quick relief between things. If you respond better to cold, ice packs will do the same thing.

I hope this helps and I'm glad you have an appt with a chiro. Take it easy mama

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#306 of 310 Old 05-27-2010, 11:53 PM

OUCH! That sounds so miserable.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#307 of 310 Old 05-28-2010, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthe_mama View Post
[jjnoho: Also, I said I'd take over the thread if you like.
excellent! i will send you the copy of the first thread right now so you can start a june thread

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#308 of 310 Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 AM

erthe-mama I can't breastfeed in a carrier because I'm just too busty to pull it off (J cup...the baby would have to be down by my pubic bone to be latched on, and really, who could walk like that?!). But, I got a new bra from motherwear (and a nursing shirt--woo-hoo!) and was able to nurse using only one hand for the first time!

I also struggled with SPD...but my wife's an osteopathic physician and treated me often, which helped a great deal. She mostly worked to keep everything lined up (the pubic bone/sacrum etc.) my SPD morphed into bad sciatica tho' and I'm still struggling with that...my sacrum wants has a forward torsion that is definitely not helpful. Tylenol and heat are what I used during the third trimester for both.

jjnoho I second what others said about the inaccuracy of ultrasounds for baby's size. My OB wouldn't even guess off of the third trimester ultrasound...she said it's just too inaccurate (this from the OB who vaguely said "a pretty good size" when I asked her during labor how big she thought the baby was )

AFM...the baby is sleeping, the wife goes back to regular work on Tuesday (I'm worried about that...but I've been SO lucky to have her home for six weeks!) and we had a good night for sleep. Little mister gets breast milk up his nose after his second night feeding (the overactive let down sprays it back there and he just can't keep up) so he gets snorty and grunty which keeps us all awake. So last night I propped him on his side and it seemed to help drain his sinuses better...so sleep, yahoo!!!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#309 of 310 Old 05-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Monarchgrrl: Oh man! That sucks about your pubic symphysis separation!! Since I don't have any suggestions aside from what's already been said, here's a hug for you: Oh wait... wrong kind... here! Yeah, that's better.

jjnoho: Thanks! Shall I start it June 1 or now?

wishin'&hopin': Ohhh, that makes sense. I always had similar troubles. Yay about the new nursing bra and shirt!! And awwwww, baby snuffles are so cute! Glad you could correct the filling of his sinuses with breastmilk though. lol. Did you use a wedge?

AFM: Sonja is getting BAD SLEEP. She has just quit laying on her back, and it really sucks for her. Any suggestions for how to get comfy?

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#310 of 310 Old 05-28-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
KS - Congrats, mama! So exciting, and I'm SO glad to hear that you got the birth experience that you wanted.

2 - I think we've narrowed down our names, after knowing "for sure" that she would be Sophie Ellen, to having no clue who she would be, back to pretty sure what she'll be called, but with a couple of options. Looks like either:

Sophie James; or
Jamison Kate (thinking we'll call her "Maisie")
Thank you!

And I LOVE Sophie James!

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page