Queer & Pregnant: March, April & May 2010 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 310 Old 04-05-2010, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Painefairia - Congrats and welcome!

Papa - I've been sick three times this pregnancy and each time has hit me really hard. They aren't joking about the compromised immune system thing. Usually I'm pretty healthy and when I do get sick I bounce back quick - but during pregnancy each sickness has knocked me on my butt for at least a week and a half. Around Christmas I was 20-some weeks and I had an awful awful cough. At first I insisted I wasn't going to take anything for it, but by then end of the first week I was virtually living off of Robitussen. I never throw up - it's almost a phobia; I made it through 16 weeks of morning sickness without vomitting - but this cough made me cough so hard that I threw up. Basically - I feel your pain. Hang in there.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#122 of 310 Old 04-05-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post
I never throw up - it's almost a phobia; I made it through 16 weeks of morning sickness without vomitting - but this cough made me cough so hard that I threw up. Basically - I feel your pain. Hang in there.
Me too! Exactly the same thing happened to me.

I just feel a little ridiculous for being this sick, when I'm not even //that// sick, like, I don't have pneumonia, or bronchitis or anything more than a cold, but it came down on me like a tonne of bricks last Monday, and hasn't let up since.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#123 of 310 Old 04-05-2010, 04:18 PM

painefaria Wow!! Congrats!!

FtMPapa I wouldn't bother with the Ensure if I were you. I don't think it's a very healthy way to get vitamins or calories. For extra healthy vitamin intake, I highly suggest a nettle or alfalfa infusion. (1 heaping tbsp per cup boiling water, let sit in the jar for 4 hours, then strain before consuming. Refrigerate unused portions for up to a week.) I wouldn't worry yourself unnecessarily about losing a little weight (like under 15lbs); your body will know how to deal with it. My midwife told me the same thing when I was preggers.

pleasantlyfurious Urgh... Hurling because of too much coughing is the worst feeling ever!! I'm so sorry.

AFM: Sonja has re-caught my cold that she gave me. Also her eczema seems to be getting worse; we can't figure out what's causing it, and it's driving her batty!! Also, we went through a terrible ordeal yesterday with the extended family. I'm going to make a separate post about that since it has nothing to do with being pregnant though.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#124 of 310 Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM

Just had my 20 week prenatal and got the written report from our u/s last week. Baby looks exceedingly normal, measuring 50% on everything. This is a bit of a relief since DS has always had, even this early, a very large head. I think he's finally grown into it. But, I like an average head when thinking of birthing.

So, nothing really to report. All looks normal. Heartbeat in the 150's today. Feeling really very good, with few complaints. So, no news is good news I guess.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#125 of 310 Old 04-05-2010, 05:28 PM

Painefaria and I had our BFP on the same day -- I apparently feel a little more nervous to graduate from QC to Q&P -- but here I am anyway! After months of thinking and planning around the conception, we are a little shocked and surprised that we got pregnant on essentially our first try (we did two ill timed home insems in the fall but got all the ducks in a row for this IUI--and it worked). I alternate between exhaustion and insomnia (generally around 3am) and have already outgrown all of my bras! I'm feeling nervous at the same time because from 10dpo to 14dpo, I could really feel my uterus all the time and now I don't feel as much. And I have no idea what I should expect to feel or anything!

Anyway, here we are! Hopefully we will stay pregnant and have an early Christmas present (our EDD is 12/9/10)

Lisa
#126 of 310 Old 04-05-2010, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlisa View Post
Painefaria and I had our BFP on the same day -- I apparently feel a little more nervous to graduate from QC to Q&P -- but here I am anyway! After months of thinking and planning around the conception, we are a little shocked and surprised that we got pregnant on essentially our first try (we did two ill timed home insems in the fall but got all the ducks in a row for this IUI--and it worked). I alternate between exhaustion and insomnia (generally around 3am) and have already outgrown all of my bras! I'm feeling nervous at the same time because from 10dpo to 14dpo, I could really feel my uterus all the time and now I don't feel as much. And I have no idea what I should expect to feel or anything!

Anyway, here we are! Hopefully we will stay pregnant and have an early Christmas present (our EDD is 12/9/10)

Lisa
consider youself added to the list! congrats on your bfp and sticky vibes sent to you. welcome to q&p.

i recall feeling very anxious at the beginning - it is difficult to not know what to expect and whether the feelings you are or are not having are normal or not normal.

best of luck and a healthy next 36 weeks to you

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#127 of 310 Old 04-06-2010, 06:06 PM

Are these numbers good? I had a quant today and the Doc just called: hCG 900+ (I didn't write it down) and progesterone 27 or 29? I'm 17dpo. I'm still feeling very nervous about the stickiness!
#128 of 310 Old 04-07-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Are these numbers good? I had a quant today and the Doc just called: hCG 900+ (I didn't write it down) and progesterone 27 or 29? I'm 17dpo. I'm still feeling very nervous about the stickiness!
mtnlisa, those numbers are both extremely high! I'd personally be more concerned about multiples than stickiness. The best indicator though is a repeat beta in 2-3 days to see how rapidly the hcg is doubling. Will you be having another? My hcg at 16 days was 232 I think and that was just a bit higher than average.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#129 of 310 Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 PM

well I just talked to the Midwife and she is coming on Friday for our first appointment. I am really excited about seeing her again, she was so wonderful during my M/C. I will be having bloodwork done that day (she is drawing it at the house ) So I will have some Beta numbers to releive some of my worries

PAPA how are you feeling? Any improvement?
Mistral - are things any better?

Lisa- here is a link to Betabase for 17dpo 900+ is a little bit more than the average reading of 307-554

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#130 of 310 Old 04-07-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Crashing in to agree...those are great numbers At 18DPO my beta was 2079 and my prog. was 70 and I only had one little bean in there megan is right though - how it rises it what is really important.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#131 of 310 Old 04-07-2010, 05:54 PM

Congrats on your mtnlisa!

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#132 of 310 Old 04-07-2010, 06:04 PM

Thanks painfaria for your link. Although it doesn't change anything, I just feel better knowing that I'm somewhere within the normal range! Twins would be welcome (my mom is a fraternal twin and a cousin's wife on that side of the family is also pregnant with fraternal twins right now), really, but a healthy baby is what we have foremost in our minds! I had the second draw today (only hCG) and will hear tomorrow what the numbers are, so then we will be able to tell a little more about the doubling.

I don't even know what to do next! All the time effort thought that goes into TTC and now, suddenly, it has worked! I'm getting over the worries, and just trusting that things will work out just as they are meant to!

Thanks again for all the comments!
#133 of 310 Old 04-08-2010, 11:43 AM

Well, I am tip toeing into this board because I got several BFPs and an official beta from the dr. My beta is at 162 and my prog at 10. I'm on progesterone pills to get that to come up (I had this issue last time). I'm cautiously optimistic.

I was pregnant last year and would have been due on Easter but had a 20wk m/c so I'm thinking that I'm not telling anyone until it's obvious. I'm scared and nervous this time around that anything could happen and I think it's preventing me from being totally ecstatic. DW and I prayed this morning for a successful full term pregnancy. They discovered that I have Prothrombin Gene Factor 2 and I likely had a blood clot last time so as of yesterday I am injecting with Lovenox every day. I go back to see my Dr on Monday and again Thursday to check the numbers. I've told my best friend and I'm going to tell my sister but everyone else is off limits. I'm glad I have this forum to share with you all.

According to calculators, I'm due sometime betweeen 12/12 and 12/15 of this year. What a Christmas gift!

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
#134 of 310 Old 04-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlyn32 View Post
Well, I am tip toeing into this board because I got several BFPs and an official beta from the dr. My beta is at 162 and my prog at 10. I'm on progesterone pills to get that to come up (I had this issue last time). I'm cautiously optimistic.

I was pregnant last year and would have been due on Easter but had a 20wk m/c so I'm thinking that I'm not telling anyone until it's obvious. I'm scared and nervous this time around that anything could happen and I think it's preventing me from being totally ecstatic. DW and I prayed this morning for a successful full term pregnancy. They discovered that I have Prothrombin Gene Factor 2 and I likely had a blood clot last time so as of yesterday I am injecting with Lovenox every day. I go back to see my Dr on Monday and again Thursday to check the numbers. I've told my best friend and I'm going to tell my sister but everyone else is off limits. I'm glad I have this forum to share with you all.

According to calculators, I'm due sometime betweeen 12/12 and 12/15 of this year. What a Christmas gift!
Congratulations! I certainly understand your hesitancy to get completely excited. I'm 20 weeks right now and I can't imagine m/c now. What an awful thing to go through. I'm so glad they found a clotting factor and that you are now being treated so that it should not be a problem this time. Sending some prayers your way for a Christmas miracle.

#135 of 310 Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks painfaria for your link. Although it doesn't change anything, I just feel better knowing that I'm somewhere within the normal range! Twins would be welcome (my mom is a fraternal twin and a cousin's wife on that side of the family is also pregnant with fraternal twins right now), really, but a healthy baby is what we have foremost in our minds! I had the second draw today (only hCG) and will hear tomorrow what the numbers are, so then we will be able to tell a little more about the doubling.

I don't even know what to do next! All the time effort thought that goes into TTC and now, suddenly, it has worked! I'm getting over the worries, and just trusting that things will work out just as they are meant to!

Thanks again for all the comments!
i think i speak for all of us on this board that pregnancy is way more boring than ttc! nothing to monitor and watch for and prepare for - except for the little one i guess i think you will get used to it after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlyn32 View Post

you have been added to the list! welcome and wishing you a happy and healthy 40 weeks

#136 of 310 Old 04-08-2010, 05:12 PM

So, I wasn't able to make it back in at the same time yesterday for the second blood draw--it ended up being three hours later, which does nothing to explain 2143--Aack! doubling in less than 27 hours--now we're hoping there are only two in there! u/s on the 21st!
#137 of 310 Old 04-08-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
So, I wasn't able to make it back in at the same time yesterday for the second blood draw--it ended up being three hours later, which does nothing to explain 2143--Aack! doubling in less than 27 hours--now we're hoping there are only two in there! u/s on the 21st!
I had a doubling time of 30-ish with this one, and there's only one (and has only every been one).

Congrats on your BFP, and I hope you have a smooth sailing pregnancy!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#138 of 310 Old 04-08-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
That sounds fine! I was told that anything from 24-96 hours is fine.

It could be twins. . . but honestly, just relax and take a huge deep breath and enjoy being pregnant!

Congratulations!

AFM - 14w4d - I am bored, waiting to feel the baby kick or move or something. Bored is good, I'm not complaining. And I think I'm starting to look a little more preggo in the belly! Not so much that someone who doesn't know me would suspect, but if you know, you can see there's something going on....

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#139 of 310 Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 PM

Let's see a belly shot papa!

#140 of 310 Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 PM

Hi all,

Had our big ultrasound today. It was great, although the tech couldn't tell us much about what she measured...I have to wait until my doc appt on the 22nd for that. But, we are officially now the House of Estrogen! I'm still in shock, because all signs were pointing to this being a boy, but right on! Apparently this little girl is super, super active because the tech was getting frustrated over her not holding still long enough to get measurements...LOL!

Papa - belly pic, belly pic!

Kimlyn, mntlisa, painefaria - WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#141 of 310 Old 04-09-2010, 12:33 AM

Wow Samantha, another girl! Congrats. We decided not to find out the sex and now that the opportunity has passed I'm suddenly curious. : )

#142 of 310 Old 04-09-2010, 08:08 AM

congrats on your baby girl samantha!

megan - we didn't find out with ds1 - although we both firmly believed he was a boy. dp wanted to find out when it was her turn and again we both thought ds2 was a boy. we are 2 for 2, lol! i have tried to convince dp to keep #3 a surprise when we get there but i don't think she'll go for it! she says she'll need advance warning if we are going to be the parents of 3 boys.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#143 of 310 Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM

hello all...

i think i may be joining you soon... i got my beta results back yesterday and i'm pregnant! going for a second beta this morning so i will feel better about joining you after i've heard about the doubling... but i feel really good about this!!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#144 of 310 Old 04-09-2010, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
hello all...

i think i may be joining you soon... i got my beta results back yesterday and i'm pregnant! going for a second beta this morning so i will feel better about joining you after i've heard about the doubling... but i feel really good about this!!!
congratulations!! let me know when you are comfortable officially joining! wow, we have had another recent flurry of activity! must be all that spring fever

#145 of 310 Old 04-09-2010, 11:09 AM

wehrli, many congrats! How exciting.

#146 of 310 Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 AM

wherli - YAY!!!! Welcome!!!!

papa - I second the request for belly pics.

mkpgoddess - Aw, a sweet baby girl! Congrats!

AFM - First, behold my overachieving 15-week belly. I'm 4 months preggo and look six... but I could care less! I'm loving it and amazingly have gained only 1 lb. since my first MW appointment at 6 weeks. How is this possible? I just don't get it. But, I'm happy about it, so whatever.

Also, DP met the midwife for the first time on Tuesday and really liked her, so that was great. And, we heard the heartbeat with the Doppler, which was music to my ears!

Our big anatomy scan is at 18w1d on 4/30, and we're so psyched to find out if it's Sophie or James swimming around in there! Also, the appointment is with a peri, so we'll be able to talk with the tech about what s/he sees (as opposed to having to wait to see the midwife again for "results") which is cool. I was originally just as happy to go to the radiologist, but the midwife convinced me that we'd get more experienced techs (important since it'll still be on the early end for an anatomy scan, but we really want to know sex), better pics, and more info this way. So, I complied.

Hope everyone is enjoying spring! I know I am!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#147 of 310 Old 04-09-2010, 03:57 PM

Wehrli - WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!!

Megan - I bet if you asked, you could get a quickie ultrasound. But, I do think there is something awesome about waiting and adding to the moment of birth. For us, we're just not that patient and frankly, I'm really, really glad we found out because I've had to process "this is not a boy, this is Cate" which I'd rather do in advance. The funny thing is that these two girls are completely different seasons (DD 1 was born in December with snow on the ground, this one end of Aug/Sept in the dead of summer) so we'll have to do a little maneuvering. I expect mostly nudity with a diaper, a pair of underwear and perhaps a mei tai between the two of us in the first weeks!

Lyndzies - you are too cute and look amazing. Way to go, mama!!

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#148 of 310 Old 04-10-2010, 12:09 AM

wehrli - Welcome

I just want to say how much I like seeing updates each time I check in here these days.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#149 of 310 Old 04-10-2010, 02:23 AM

Congrat's on the new BFPs!!

I am sitting on my birthing ball, at 1:30 in the morning with heartburn and contractions

Oh, and just had bloody show--hmmm, not sure what the emoticon that best conveys that one is.

If this is practice labor I'm going to be

Somehow I don't think it is--38 weeks 2 days here. Apparently I'm not meant to be at the LAST baby shower on Sunday (or preach than either )

Just debating calling the OB...my favorite is on call this weekend and when I told her on Monday I was on the rota for preaching Sunday with a post-church baby shower that I wasn't looking forward to (just didn't have the energy for shower #4!) she said "well I'm on call this weekend and if you have the baby then we'll have a good laugh about it!"

So send prayers and ELV (never sure if that's easy or early labour vibes) towards the midwest. Hopefully we'll meet our little guy sometime in the next 24 hours or so

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#150 of 310 Old 04-10-2010, 03:30 AM

wishin'&hopin' sending ELV your way (that's easy I think!) and it sounds like this may be the real deal. Go to bed now if you can and get as much rest as you can while you can until things really get cooking. Hope you get to miss that shower!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page