Queer & Pregnant: March, April & May 2010 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 310 Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wehrli--I'm crying for you too, blessings and wishes for things to keep getting better for you and DP. We'll see you soon again.
#182 of 310 Old 04-20-2010, 10:11 PM

Wehrli - I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hugs to you.

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
#183 of 310 Old 04-20-2010, 10:41 PM

I am so sorry for your loss Wherli...........
Hugs if you want em...
Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#184 of 310 Old 04-21-2010, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post

AFM - I'm feeling good. BIG, but good. We finally have everything we need - cloth diapers and carseat, etc - so we are officially just WAITING. I'm ready but not impatient. Yikes!
Wow! I can't believe you are so close!! Will be checking in often for your exciting birth announcement

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#185 of 310 Old 04-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Wherli I'm so sorry.

wishin'&hopin' - Can't wait to hear the announcement. Hope it's all going beautifully for you and the babe.

AFM- It's Stress City lately. Our landlord told us on Sunday that she's selling our house in about 4-5 months. Yeah, we're SO not moving when I'm 8-9 months pregnant! We were thinking about buying it but things would be too tight for that with DW not working after the baby comes. So, we're moving. House-hunting now. I've been picturing the birth in our living room or kitchen for so long. And now I can't even picture it anymore because I have no idea what our new place will look like. I'm so sad. We just hope we find an amazing place soon and can quickly (and painlessly) move.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#186 of 310 Old 04-22-2010, 05:44 AM

well, I don't even know where to start...
You all know that I got my BFP on 4/2/10 and started to bleed quite heavily on 4/9/10 . My hCG was 39, which is really low for 20dpo. So DP and I figured miscarriage. I proceeded to bleed, heavier than my period for 8 days. Man I was devastated . Over the next 10 days I started to feel different, pregnant really. I was still having back pain, my hormones were all over the place and my boobs were huge. After getting nauseated in the afternoons for three days at like 3pm I really didn't know what to think. So I went and bought a pregnancy test and took it on Tuesday it was positive - like really positive - like the same color as the control strip positive. So I called and requested a BETA- 4/20/10 - 1422. We saw the gestational sack yesterday at the ultrasound. I am measuring a few weeks behind according to "normal" fetal development, but everything is doubling fine.

We are cautiously optimistic at this time, but that puts my EDD back at 12/11/10! I don't even know what to say. So what could the bleeding have been? After all of the research we think it could be a few things; Vanishing twin (not likely as my Beta was so low to start with), My Beta was too low when DP got her cycle and my body went along for the ride, or a uterine polyp burst. I think that the last one is the most likely. The OB/GYN was concerned about an area in my uterus following my last M/C and she chalked it up to a polyp... but really who knows.

I am just in so much shock

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#187 of 310 Old 04-22-2010, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
well, I don't even know where to start...
You all know that I got my BFP on 4/2/10 and started to bleed quite heavily on 4/9/10 . My hCG was 39, which is really low for 20dpo. So DP and I figured miscarriage. I proceeded to bleed, heavier than my period for 8 days. Man I was devastated . Over the next 10 days I started to feel different, pregnant really. I was still having back pain, my hormones were all over the place and my boobs were huge. After getting nauseated in the afternoons for three days at like 3pm I really didn't know what to think. So I went and bought a pregnancy test and took it on Tuesday it was positive - like really positive - like the same color as the control strip positive. So I called and requested a BETA- 4/20/10 - 1422. We saw the gestational sack yesterday at the ultrasound. I am measuring a few weeks behind according to "normal" fetal development, but everything is doubling fine.

We are cautiously optimistic at this time, but that puts my EDD back at 12/11/10! I don't even know what to say. So what could the bleeding have been? After all of the research we think it could be a few things; Vanishing twin (not likely as my Beta was so low to start with), My Beta was too low when DP got her cycle and my body went along for the ride, or a uterine polyp burst. I think that the last one is the most likely. The OB/GYN was concerned about an area in my uterus following my last M/C and she chalked it up to a polyp... but really who knows.

I am just in so much shock
Wow! Congratulations! Wishing you all the best this go-round! What a roller coaster...

Mama to two, and second-time surrogate. Expecting May 2015.
#188 of 310 Old 04-22-2010, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

painefaria: so then back on the list you go! congrats!

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#189 of 310 Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 AM

werhli: I'm sorry for your loss.

FtMPapa: Same with DP... She is maybe awake 10 hours a day on average lately. lol

quasar: Hahaha! Frogger!! that your nausea stays away!

painefaria: Wow, that's absolutely amazing news!! I am so happy for you!!!

Monarchgrrl: I can't imagine moving while pregnant! I sure hope you find yourselves a suitable arrangement!

AFM: Like I said before... DP is T-I-R-E-D. Not really any nausea anymore (not that there was much to begin with), but she still won't eat anything very strongly flavoured. (ie: Olives are too "olive-y". lol) On the bright side, she finally got in to see her dermatologist who says that in a few weeks, she can start using a specific kind of steroid cream that preggers can use halfway through the second trimester if her eczema hasn't gone away yet. Hopefully it will have, because the same doc also wrote her a note asking to move DP to an older part of the building since DP is reacting to the new building materials in the newly renovated office she is currently working in. I sure hope she gets moved!!!!! (Please pardon the novel. hehe)

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#190 of 310 Old 04-22-2010, 03:35 PM

Painefaria - WOOT! Since I subscribe to the thread, it was your post I read this morning - what an awesome way to wake up and how exciting for you!!!!!!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wehrli - Crap.

Monarchgrrl - ugh, there would be no way we could move that late in the pregnancy either, and it has come up since our lease is up in May (I think). Good on you guys for being proactive and dealing with this NOW.

erthe_mama - I hear your DP for exhaustion. I'm WELL into the 2nd tri and still waiting for that energy surge. *yawn*

AFM - we finally got the results from the big ultrasound and all is looking great! She/he is measuring perfectly and proportionally, yay! I say She/he because I'm not really convinced this is a girl. I know every pregnancy is different, but REALLY?!?! I've started slooooooowly building our CD cover stash (we're using a diaper service at first due to apartment/washer/dryer issues) and got some Bravado nursing tanks this morning. I've also gotten DW to promise to sit down with me and a calendar and figure out when everything needs to get done, i.e. creating baby space, baby laundry, furniture moving, etc. Otherwise, I'll go into labor and we still won't have gotten anything accomplished!

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#191 of 310 Old 04-22-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I've been picturing the birth in our living room or kitchen for so long. And now I can't even picture it anymore because I have no idea what our new place will look like. I'm so sad. We just hope we find an amazing place soon and can quickly (and painlessly) move.
Yikes! I know EXACTLY how you feel. Partly because as soon as I got pregnant, I knew I would be moving to a bigger space, and I have had a really hard time getting into the idea of a home birth because I don't know where home will be! I might even be moving back home to Canada before the baby comes, so I don't want to get too attached to the idea of birthing here, in this apartment.

I totally agree with your logic -better to move now than to do it in five months.

Painefaria: for a for you. That sounds so difficult and scary. I hope you get to see a heartbeat soon.

AFM - I had my third midwife appointment this morning.

We listened to Ember on the Doppler, at first we had trouble finding the heartbeat. I didn't freak out too much - I absolutely know ze is in there and doing fine. But then we found hir, way up high, at the top of my uterus, which is almost half way to my belly button. Last time, Ember was hiding down by my pubic bone, and my uterus was barely over the top of the pubic bone. My uterus has gotten bigger, a lot bigger, in the past four weeks.

I the midwife I saw today, that I think I might have felt Ember kicking around in there earlier this week. She said it's more common to feel babies closer to twenty weeks for a first-timer, but that if I think I felt the kid kicking, I probably did. Once we located Ember on the doppler, we could hear hir heartbeat and also a bubbling noise not unlike a fish filter in an aquarium - that's the sound of the kid swimming around in there. In the two minutes we had the doppler on, Ember splooshed around three or four times. The midwife decided that I probably have felt Ember bouncing around because ze is extremely active. I didn't have the heart to tell her I just finished off a Vitamin water, so it's mostly sugar and some sort of herbal energy thing, which I'm sure affects Ember like caffeine would.

I was looking at my belly this morning, definitely looks different. I wouldn't say there's a cute pregnant round belly there, but there's definitely a bump.

But I'm not posting pics yet, the belly is still just fat, but it's differently fat. maybe in a few more weeks it'll be more baby bumplike. Maybe.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#192 of 310 Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Mostly been over on my DDC for May, but I've been lurking around here too. 13 more days and DP and I will be holding this baby in our arms. Sooooo excited!

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#193 of 310 Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 AM

Painefaria, wow, I can't believe it! What a roller coaster indeed. I am happy for you that you are still pregnant but sorry for the total mind f**k. I think if this baby wants to stick around it deserves a name like Miracle. : )

Kelly, wow, you're so close now! Do you have a scheduled c-section planned or something to know the exact date you expect to meet baby?

Papa, sounds like an exciting doppler listen! I bet your body will change a lot in the next 4 weeks and it will soon be undeniable that you're pregnant. Oh, and feeling the baby around 16 weeks is totally normal/common. Sure, some don't feel baby until 20ish weeks but many do before. My first feeling of baby was at 13w2d. Actual kicks just started in the past two weeks though, around 20 weeks. Before that it was swooshing and lots of wiggling sensations. Now it's thump, thump, thump.

Monarch, so sorry about the having to move thing. Ugh.

I've been battling somewhat debilitating arm/shoulder pain for the past week and it's waking/keeping me up at night. The pain is the worst when I'm laying down. Last night I got up at 3am to take some tylenol which didn't do much. I've started massage and will go for acu tomorrow and hope to make some headway. It's really my first really bad pregnancy symptom though, so I'm lucky to have made it this far. I just hope it won't last until the end. Being a postpartum doula with this pain would be pretty impossible and I really need sleep.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#194 of 310 Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 AM

painefaria - So happy to hear this. Miracles. All around us.

kelly - we are due so close together - I'm due May 15th - ack. I can't believe we are so close!!

papa - I hear ya on the belly! At first the changes were visible only to eyes that knew me and my body very well - but it's so cool notice the subtle changes in your body. Now, the changes aren't so subtle for me - in fact, you'd think my ankles were pregnant.

AFM - 37 weeks - FULL TERM!!! I just spent $150 on cloth diapers - AHHHHHH. I know that's not that much in the grand scheme, but I never spend that much on anything. With the grobaby/grovia brand change there are all these killer sales and that is my brand of choice, so I stocked up. Our baby showers are behind us - we have everything from the carseat to boppy to all the other crap they convince you a baby needs. I've done most of the returns/exchanges on double items and the nursery (nursery = half of our room) is nearly ready. I've been tidying, crafting, organizing, and planning. Now if someone would just volunteer to scrub my house from top to bottom, we would be totally ready! Ha.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#195 of 310 Old 04-23-2010, 09:01 AM

megan - I was thinking about looking up faith in different languages... we will see.

Congrats to everyone that is so close. It is so exciting. I am looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing stories

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#196 of 310 Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 AM

to Wehrli and your DP and to Painefairia, what a rollercoaster. I will be keeping f/x for sticky beans and thoughts on those who are wishing and hoping for their own rainbow babies.

AFM, we are doing quite well as we adjust to the addition of our little guy. I posted our birth story in my DDC

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1217892

Feel free to check it out--warning it is LONG!

Off to take some Ibuprofen before the next feeding, our little guy is part barracuda and I'm bruised!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#197 of 310 Old 04-23-2010, 10:08 AM

Congrats, Wishin&Hopin! What a beautiful birth story! Welcome to the world, baby!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#198 of 310 Old 04-23-2010, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

wishin'&hopin' - congratulations! and welcome to henry i have added you to the graduates list but don't have an exact birthday. i am happy to add that if yo would like to let me know.

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#199 of 310 Old 04-23-2010, 02:01 PM

Congrats Wishin&Hopin!!!! Welcome, Henry

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#200 of 310 Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 PM

I had some drama today.

I slept incredibly poorly last night, the baby woke me up to eat like three times in the night. I was uber cranky and felt really gross this morning, but I got myself out the door.

When I got home early this afternoon, I was spotting and passing large-ish (quarter sized) clots, so I called the midwife. It was mostly brown/black, so old, blood, but she had me come in for an ultrasound.

Everything looks fine. My cervix is closed, the placenta is fine. We didn't really look at the baby much, other than to assess the heartbeat - 144 bpm - and the kid was bopping around like crazy, so everything seems fine there, too.

I was a little worried because the US technician said I was having contractions, but I only had one or two in the fifteen minutes she was scanning me, and she said it's normal.

The midwife said there's nothing to worry about, but I'm taking it easy tonight and likely all weekend. It's an excuse to nap lots.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#201 of 310 Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 AM

wishin' -- congrats on the birth of your boy! enjoy your babymoon.....sounds like some gentle peace is needed after an intense birth. wahoo!!!!

papa -- wow. that is quite a scare. i'm so glad you were able to be seen right away and that everything checked out fine. Definitely take this as an excuse to take it extra easy -- nap and laze in the sun! Thinking many no-drama thoughts for you.

be well all.

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#202 of 310 Old 04-24-2010, 02:36 PM

Wishin&Hopin - Congrats! Enjoy your family!

Painefaria - Whoa what a rollercoaster indeed! Congrats!

Papa - I'm so glad that everything's okay. That would've scared me too.

I have an ultrasound Monday to see the heartbeat. I'm excited!

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
#203 of 310 Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 PM

Megan - we are having a scheduled c-sec at 39wk 2d (May 5th). The twins last time didn't cooperate, baby A was breech and I had pre-eclampsia, had to deliver early by surgery. No signs this one will arrive any earlier, either, so we're banking on the 5th.

Mommy to girls twins.gif 9/2005, our angel babies stillheart.gif 2004 and stillheart.gif 2005, and our intact, ebf superhero.gif4/29/2010.

#204 of 310 Old 04-26-2010, 04:18 PM

FtMPapa: Awww, what a cute, active fetus! Also, I'm so glad everything's okay! *whew*

mkpgoddess: Oh dear... I'm sorry to hear you're still so sleepy! DP will not be pleased with the news that she might be very tired for much longer... lol Good luck with your planning!

wishin'&hopin': Heehee... little barracuda. It's so weird that no one thought to ask whether you'd emptied your bladder recently... That was usually the first thing I asked mamas who weren't progressing. Ah well, at least you had a great support team! And a nice little baby!

kelly Oh, so you have pre-eclampsia again this pregnancy?

AFM: Not much has changed really... At least not pregnancy-wise. I did put some things on our baby registry, and plan our garden though. lol

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#205 of 310 Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 PM

Ahhhh. I'm officially VERY pregnant. I really don't want to complain - I'm very grateful to be pregnant - but wow. They aren't kidding about these last three weeks. I have a lot of trouble moving around (and getting up or getting out of the car). My pubic bone and hips are KILLING me. I can't breathe very well when I lay down. My feet and ankles are swollen like tanks. Rolling over in bed is difficult and painful. I'm cranky (in case that wasn't clear). I'm HUNGRY - but get uncomfortably full quickly. My stretch marks are insane. I could go on and on.

I'm sorry to be so negative - in fact, up until a couple days ago I was that super-happy person that LOVED being pregnant. I still want to enjoy these last few weeks, but it's really become more and more challenging. I'm grateful to be healthy, grateful for this little monkey inside me, and grateful to get to experience all of pregnancy. I'll just keep reminding myself of those things.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#206 of 310 Old 04-26-2010, 10:19 PM

PF - those last few weeks are hard, hard, hard. Everyone I have ever known has been a complete wreck in the last 3-6 weeks of full term pregnancy. I think it's somewhat more pronounced with first pregnancies, but really, everyone.

Hang in there! Get through it the best you can!

AFM - 17 weeks today....I need someone to come clean my fridge. I can't handle the fact that it smells like food in there. It's not even gross, it just has a particular food smell, and I swear my pregnant nose is making it up. Today, I reached into my lunch bag and I had that same "OMG, smells like fridge" smell in my head, so I know it's not my fridge that actually smells, anything that smells like food just makes me think GROSS NASTY FRIDGE! Argh. I thought this was supposed to pass by now!

#207 of 310 Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 AM

pleasantlyfurious, sorry you're so uncomfortable now. Have you tried acupuncture, chiropractic or massage? Hope you can find some relief soon.

Papa, my nose seemed to crank up in the 2nd trimester too, as well as a bunch of gagginess that I hadn't had earlier. There's really no rhyme or reason to it all and it seems very individualized.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#208 of 310 Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 AM

Thanks I'm feeling much better today. Last night (shortly after I posted) the tears came and DP put me to bed, turned on the hypnobabies pregnancy affirmations cd, and massaged me as I fell asleep. I felt better in the morning, but DP insisted I stay in bed - and I didn't fight it. So now I'm feeling MUCH better.

As for the nose thing - I've had the opposite of pregnancy nose. Usually my nose is ridiculously sensitive. Like, DP will walk through the door and I'll be like, "Really? Nachos? You know I'm making dinner!" and she's like - uh, how did you know! It was two hours ago and I brushed my teeth!. Anyway, now I'm constantly congested and can't seem to smell anything! Ha.

#209 of 310 Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 AM

Goodness gracious, I've been such a slacker in general on MDC lately. Let's see how caught up I can get...

pf - sorry you've been so uncomfortable, but glad to hear you got some relief last night. My back has been starting to ache now that I'm approaching the halfway point, and I've found my HB affirmations and a nice backrub really do help. Hang in there!

papa - was sorry to read about your scare, but so happy things seem to be fine! Also completely feel you on the being sensitive to smells thing. I hate "fridge smell!" Ugh, nasty!

erthe-mama - yay for registries! I've been slowly putting ours together, and it's so much fun to fantasize about the little cloth diapers, tiny onesies, and other baby supplies we hope to receive!

kimlyn - seeing that heartbeat was the most amazing thing for us! How did your appointment go??

Wishin - HUGE congrats!!! Loved your birth story. Hope you're enjoying time with the new little one.

megan - that pain does NOT sound fun. Have you been able to find some relief? I hope so!

kelly - so sooooon! Thinking of you two and sending positive vibes for an easy labor!

mkp - I'm glad the results of the "big" ultrasound were so positive. So wait - the tech said girl but you aren't a believer? Hmmm.... that would frustrate me to no end!!

Sorry for any who I missed... I only made it to the end of the page.

AFM - Just twiddling my thumbs at 17w6d. We have the anatomy scan on Friday, and I'm BEYOND WORDS excited to find out if it's Sophie or Jas in there (we've decided we'll use the nickname Jas for James if it ends up being a boy! I love it. )

Have had a pretty busy last few weeks. DP and I (w/ help from FIL) replaced our front porch, we were in a good friend's wedding in CT (here's a cute pic of DP and I from the big day), and we've been doing a whole lot of yardwork. Basically trying to get as many projects done as possible before the small fry arrives. Nursery is on the list (obviously) and I can't wait for that project! Our colors are a deep orange, lime green, espresso, and ivory. I'm excited to immerse myself in such a cheerful palate.

I guess that's about it for me... more on Friday when we'll (hopefully!) have the official name reveal!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#210 of 310 Old 04-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
megan - that pain does NOT sound fun. Have you been able to find some relief? I hope so!

Sorry for any who I missed... I only made it to the end of the page.

AFM - Just twiddling my thumbs at 17w6d. We have the anatomy scan on Friday, and I'm BEYOND WORDS excited to find out if it's Sophie or Jas in there (we've decided we'll use the nickname Jas for James if it ends up being a boy! I love it. )

Have had a pretty busy last few weeks. DP and I (w/ help from FIL) replaced our front porch, we were in a good friend's wedding in CT (here's a cute pic of DP and I from the big day), and we've been doing a whole lot of yardwork. Basically trying to get as many projects done as possible before the small fry arrives. Nursery is on the list (obviously) and I can't wait for that project! Our colors are a deep orange, lime green, espresso, and ivory. I'm excited to immerse myself in such a cheerful palate.

I guess that's about it for me... more on Friday when we'll (hopefully!) have the official name reveal!
Thanks for asking. The acupuncture I went to last week seemed to help much more than the massage and I'm generally feeling much better and mostly not being awoken from pain, but it is not totally resolved and I'm still having pain/weakness. I have a feeling it's not going to totally go away. Ugh. I'm learning things to do to support my arm to make it better though, like having a pillow (yes adding another pillow to my arsenal!) under it when laying on my side.

Sounds like you've been really busy. We have a lot of projects to get done this spring/summer too before babe. I know it'll be another couple of years before we can get ANYTHING beyond dishes/laundry done so there's a lot to do. We really want to be ready 1 month before my due date which means we only have until July 25th which seems to be coming VERY soon.

By the way, that is a really cute pic of you and DP. I hope you have wonderful scan on Friday and get to find out the sex.

AFM, I don't know if I mentioned it before but in the past couple of weeks I'm feeling baby every day and several-many times a day. It's fun to feel so much more movement as for a long time it was very sporadic. I feel so big already some days and can't imagine how big I'm going to get in the coming weeks.

I've gotten more serious about my hypnobabies this week and have done it most days. Also, signed up for a 4 hour "labor your way" class in June and a sibling class for DS in July. And, I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. Feels good to start really preparing for birth. Monday is my next prenatal and then I have only one more month wait in between visits before we start going every two weeks!

A friend of ours is pregnant and due two weeks after me. A mutual friend of ours told us both that she thinks we're pregnant with boys (and that she's never wrong). She said this when we were 9 and 11 weeks pg, so not based on how we were carrying baby, etc, just her intuition. Well, the other preggo had her anatomy scan this week and is indeed pg with a boy. I'm not sure if this make it more likely that we are too, but it's kind of fun to think about.

This may sound silly, but I'm also super excited that we're buying an air conditioner this year. We've never had one before but I just can't bear facing heat this summer and one more thing making it hard to sleep. It's going to be SO nice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page