Queer & Pregnant: March, April & May 2010 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 310 Old 05-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Mommy's Day to all the mommies

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#242 of 310 Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 AM

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I've very excited to say that I graduated from my RE today and schedule my first OB appoint.

I'm a bit concerned though because my progresterone still has not come up too much. Last week it was 14.5. I'm still taking 200mg of prometrium twice a day and though I was hoping to stop early, I'll be taking them into my 12th week to make sure all is well. I'm really getting excited as I get closer to finishing up the 1st trimester. My energy is slowly starting to come back to me and the nausea is happening less. I even feel like I am starting to show, although I'm thinking that would be crazy at 8wks 6days so maybe its pregnancy bloat.

Overall, I'm in a good mood today. I'm hoping it stays that way. My mood can turn in a second.

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
#243 of 310 Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlyn32 View Post
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I've very excited to say that I graduated from my RE today and schedule my first OB appoint.

I'm a bit concerned though because my progresterone still has not come up too much. Last week it was 14.5. I'm still taking 200mg of prometrium twice a day and though I was hoping to stop early, I'll be taking them into my 12th week to make sure all is well. I'm really getting excited as I get closer to finishing up the 1st trimester. My energy is slowly starting to come back to me and the nausea is happening less. I even feel like I am starting to show, although I'm thinking that would be crazy at 8wks 6days so maybe its pregnancy bloat.

Overall, I'm in a good mood today. I'm hoping it stays that way. My mood can turn in a second.
Congrats on graduating from the RE, that's a big milestone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Mistral- yikes! You've been through so so much! You are not a failure or a bad mother! How could you be!? You've sacrificed so much to keep your baby healthy and growing. That's amazing! You're a great mama already. Glad you were able to update us. Hang in there.

AFM- we heard the heartbeat on doppler on Thursday. That was awesome. DW is still in awe about it. I saw the movie Babies today. So cute!
aww, thank you so much.
Isn't the doppler amazing?! If you have a recording option on your phone, you can record the heartbeat and play it whenever you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post
Mistral - Oh I'm so sorry to hear what a rough go you've had at it lately. Don't be so hard on yourself, though - it sounds like you are doing an amazing job in the face of such tough circumstances. And with baby happy and healthy - just focus on getting through. Hang in there!

AFM - One week out from my due date. Feeling good. The prenatal massage really helped and I've been taking it easy. I'm feeling pretty good about welcoming baby or getting another week or two to prepare - so generally in a good place
One more week, I hope it goes quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Mistral - I was wondering where you had been! Sorry to hear you're having such a rough go!
Thanks Papa! I've been stuck in the hospital, the great thing about being here, is I get to hear the baby every day, once I go home, it'll go back to once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpgoddess View Post
Mistral - you are NOT a failure, mama!!! I am so sorry this pregnancy has been so stinking rough on you and I'm sure the work situation is just adding to the stress, but you are NOT a failure when your little one is doing so fantastically!!!! In fact, the fact that you have survived so much and are still carrying a healthy and whole babe is a major credit to you!!! Your wife gets MEGA points for being so supportive and awesome, and I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound on Wednesday

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This means a lot!

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#244 of 310 Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlyn32 View Post
erthe_mama - I'm surprised that they're making her take vaca instead of sick time b/c it is a medical condition. It's not like she's on the beach chillin out.
I went through this last year trying to get into a birth center but because of my weight/bmi, they wouldn't take me. I settled into a hospital 5 minutes away and absolutely love my obgyn who supports natural birth and even said he didn't see why it had to be any other way.
Exactly! She's filed for worker's comp, and her union is involved as well now.
And argh, I hate that! There is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to birth at home or in a birth centre based on weight/bmi alone. I wish people would smarten up!! Thank goodness obgyns like yours.

kelly: Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby!!

jjnoho: I wouldn't worry too much about your baby's growth being ahead... ultrasounds can be really off with sizing. Plus, bodies don't tend to grow babies that are to big to get out.
I'll volunteer to be threadkeeper.

Mistral: Sorry you've been stuck in the hospital for so long! I'm really glad they finally caught the staph and yeast. Hoping you'll feel better soon!

AFM: Sonja recently tried on a grey sweater-dress that she used to wear pre-pregnancy, and her belly has totally popped!! It's sooo cute!!!!!! We have also both palpated her uterus gently a couple of times. It seems to be a teeny bit ahead of schedule, but we'll see if that's actually true at the midwife appointment we have coming up.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#245 of 310 Old 05-12-2010, 11:14 AM

It's a GIRL! Her name is Olivia. We are giddy with excitement!

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#246 of 310 Old 05-12-2010, 11:39 AM

Congrats Mistral! That's a whole lot of girls cropping up in our neck of the woods!!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#247 of 310 Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 PM

Mistral - WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#248 of 310 Old 05-12-2010, 11:16 PM

Mistral - Congrats!!

In this last stretch I'm starting to get really curious as to which we are having!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#249 of 310 Old 05-14-2010, 12:46 PM

Hi - my name's Jen and I'm 32 weeks pregnant - due July 9. Not sure if this is how to get on the list (i'm relatively new to the world of actually posting on forums).
#250 of 310 Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM

Sparkjen - welcome

#251 of 310 Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM

I posted this under the "i'm pregnant" forum this morning, and got some wonderful support, but thought (now that I know about this, more specialized group - thanks Stephanie!), that I'd post it again here, in case there are others out there like me who have thoughts or just want to add to the conversation...

Any other queer mamas out there who are carrying the second baby after your partner had the first?? I'm 32 weeks preggo and our son, Joss, who my partner carried, is a lively and active (and awesome) 17 month old.

My beloved wife is a SAHM, not by choice but due to the awfulness of the job market (she often says that she would have happily been home with Joss for the first 8-10 months, but since then has been pretty desperate to find a job, with no luck [despite a master's degree and excellent references]).

Needless to say there is a lot of stress and frustration in our lives right now. I'm the sole breadwinner, when I would be much happier in the (at least part time) SAHM role, and I'm in my third trimester (of a very easy pregnancy, at least!), which means the mood swings are getting more intense. She's not much of a nurturer. I am in serious need of some special nurturing and attention. When I ask for it (in what I think is a reasonable way), I don't get helpful or particularly caring responses (again, she's very stressed and feeling overwhelmed with the care of our son and our three cats, one of whom is incredibly needy). When I say I'd like to get an $80 massage, what I'm really saying is, I need more nurturing, and I know you're not available to give it to me, so here's a way I think I can get it. When she says 'that's way too expensive', I hear 'no way' and feel like I"m being bossed around (that's just one example).

Argh. Sorry for the verbal diarrhea. We had a bit of a showdown last night (which, fortunately, ended rather conciliatorily, but still) and I'm exhausted and weepy and really just in need of some words of support. Of course if you've been in the same position (or are here now), that will help too, but really I'll take whatever I can get!

Thanks to all of you for being out there and willing to read this.

Jen
#252 of 310 Old 05-14-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkjen View Post
When I say I'd like to get an $80 massage, what I'm really saying is, I need more nurturing, and I know you're not available to give it to me, so here's a way I think I can get it. When she says 'that's way too expensive', I hear 'no way' and feel like I"m being bossed around (that's just one example).

Jen
Oh, Jen! I hear ya! Of course, I hear you straight from the other side and I feel embarrassed for myself.
Just last night, no lie, last night, H and I had this exact issue. She wants a prego massage and I think it's too expensive! Add to that that I then feel like all the times I rub her shoulders, feet, back, tailbone, etc, are just no good cause she wants to go somewhere else... This pregnancy and stress thing is a hot button for sure!
Welcome to our little group, I hope it's helpful!
I, for one, am glad you came here just so I can see why it is that my lovely DW all of a sudden is clamoring for an $80 massage! Thanks for that!

#253 of 310 Old 05-14-2010, 06:12 PM

sparkjen - Hi and welcome! I realize this doesn't get to the heart of the issue - but on the surface level of getting your massage it might be helpful - I don't know if you might have a Massage Envy franchise near you? I'm unemployed and super tight on money, too. I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get a massage - but ME has an introductory offer where your first massage is $39 and most locations do prenatal massages. I got one and it helped so much and was totally worth the $40. Good luck!

AFM - I'm due TOMORROW! It's so weird to see all the tickers and countdowns read "1"!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#254 of 310 Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 AM

PF - ALREADY?!?!?! Wow! Time flies! You gotta update your ticker in your siggie, it's way out of date!

Sparkjen - Welcome! I am of no help at all, but I say get the massage.

AFM - I'm going for the 20 week anatomy scan on Monday, and I am going to find out the baby's sex. KJM and Kale and Kd are all coming with me.

Otherwise, I'm just boring and pregnant. It's embarrassing how easy this pregnancy has been. (knock on wood)

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#255 of 310 Old 05-15-2010, 05:27 PM

sparkjen: Welcome!

pleasantlyfurious: Wow, and here I was thinking that you're 34wks. lol

FtMPapa: Yay for boring, easy pregnancies!!

AFM: Sonja felt the first quickening yesterday!!! She was in the bath and flipped over, and then, around the rim of her pubic bone, she felt a very definite movement that she'd never felt before! She said it was like a cross between a fish and a squirrel. heehee. I was so excited I cried!! WOW. Her fundal height is also exactly where it should be according to my midwifery book. Neat-o!!

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#256 of 310 Old 05-15-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
AFM - I'm due TOMORROW! It's so weird to see all the tickers and countdowns read "1"!
I was wondering how you were doing! I hadn't seen posts from you in the past few days. I can't believe today is our due date! I feel like I'm getting closer, but not quite there yet. Maybe a few more days?

We are so ready to meet our little babe though!

Me: 27, DW: 31, Mamas to G: 5-17-10 luxlove.gif

My sweet surro-babe was born on 6-27-12 coolshine.gif

#257 of 310 Old 05-15-2010, 11:01 PM

Yes, I always forget about the darn signature

I had some bloody show this morning - and got excited - but nothing since. Can't be long now, though.

#258 of 310 Old 05-16-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Yes, I always forget about the darn signature

I had some bloody show this morning - and got excited - but nothing since. Can't be long now, though.
Exciting!!!!

I can't remember...are you planning a homebirth?

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#259 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 12:50 AM

We had our baby this morning!

He's a gorgeous boy named Leo Sebastian. 21.5 in 8 lbs. 5 oz.

We had a QUICK all natural labor and birth at our local birth center. Now we are just babymooning and falling in love. Abbreviated birth story and pictures on my blog: www.pleasantly-furious.blogspot.com

#260 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 AM

Yay pf!!!! Welcome to the world, Leo

Sounds like a wonderful birth and he's gorgeous! Enjoy!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#261 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 01:31 AM

WHOO HOO, PF!!!! He looks absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy for you that your birth went so fantastically and smoothly!!! WELCOME, Leo Sebastian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#262 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM

congrats pf and welcome leo! he is BEAUTIFUL!

enjoy your babymoon mama!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#263 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 AM

Hooray!!! Welcome Leo!!!!!

#264 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 09:20 AM

in response to osker and sparkjen's comments - i have been on both sides - the pregnant one and the not-pregnant one. during my pregnancy i had minimal nausea, no heartburn, no real aches and pains, no complications. my dp was amazing - she took over grocery shopping and laundry duties when i got too large to deal with the store and walking down to the basement. she was very caring and understanding.

when she was pregnant, things were different. we had a 2yo crazy boy running around and she had debilitating morning sickness. i had to take over every chore and do all the child care. she had a TERRIBLE time of it. i will admit to being grumpy every now and again as the toll of a full time job and running the house wore me down. but we talked all the time and always worked things out. it is harder on a couple to be pregnant when you already have a child.

i will say that i would NEVER tell a pregnant woman that she can't have a massage because it's too expensive. pregnancy massage is so amazing. we were lucky that we both were able to have weekly pregnancy massage.

anyways, the important thing here is to keep communicating.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#265 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
We had our baby this morning!

He's a gorgeous boy named Leo Sebastian. 21.5 in 8 lbs. 5 oz.

We had a QUICK all natural labor and birth at our local birth center. Now we are just babymooning and falling in love. Abbreviated birth story and pictures on my blog: www.pleasantly-furious.blogspot.com
Congrats on your quick birth and welcome to the world little Leo!

#266 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Congrats PF and DP!!!!!!! Welcome, Leo! Love the name. What a sweet boy you have.

Enjoy your babymoon!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#267 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

sparkjen: sorry for the delay but you have now been added to the list! welcome. sorry for the difficulties in communicating with dw. i hope you figure things out together and both get your needs met as best as possible.

pf: wow! that happened quickly! congratualtions to your family - you all look wonderfully happy who says it never happens on your due date! i know one day later - but still pretty close!

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#268 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Congrats pleasantlyfurious and jb!!!

I love your blog post. Don't newborns smell amazing?! Glad that he nurses so well already too!

#269 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 11:09 PM

Welcome Leo Sebastian!

Do you know that our Leo also arrived the day after his due date, following a 4.5-hour labor? Maybe there's some magic in the name!

So glad that nursing is going so well already. Hope you guys continue to have a fabulous babymoon. He is gorgeous.

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#270 of 310 Old 05-17-2010, 11:37 PM

Congrats, PF, and welcome Leo!!!

I'm so happy for you guys.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page