Forum Jump: 

#121 of 302 Old 03-15-2010, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Hey ! Thanks

Its sorta hard to follow since your temps are not in from the earlier days of your cycle. Could something be affecting your temps ? Do you sleep with a heating blanket at times for example ?

Also, do you test your OPKs at different times of the day ? We would have only gotten negatives this month if we hadnt tested in the afternoon as well as the morning...

I'll keep stalking....
I would definitely try to get more insems in if thats possible... in your other cycles, you Oed as late as cd20 and 21...

Best of luck and hang in there...

Coco
xxx
Thanks for looking, Coco. I don't usually temp during the first week or so of my cycle. But I can't think of any reason why my temps would be affected (no heating blanket, consistent wake/temp times, same thermometer, etc).
I've gotten crazy about doing OPKs at different times of day. I don't know whether you can get into the comments section of my chart, but I recorded times there and, starting on day 13 or so, I started doing OPKs at least twice. The only thing I've never done is first morning urine (since most people have the LH surge between 10-2, I've been told by several sources). I could try that, just to see if the LH is more concentrated there. I did O much later in the fall...was assuming that this cycle would follow the last few and hit around day 14...and my cervix is more closed now than it was on Saturday. You really think it would be worth having more swimmers shipped out for an IUI? I suppose I could return them if I don't use them.... At this point, I couldn't get more until Wednesday (cd 18). I appreciate your thoughts, Coco! I sometimes feel so alone in trying to interpret my body's freaky signs. My partner is supportive but just not into the details of ttc.

I'm really close to ordering the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. Sarah said that the monitor is much clearer for her than the OPKs, and it just might save my sanity.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#122 of 302 Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

sarah, sound's like you had perfect timing!

chiquitayy, good luck and enjoy your mini-vaca!!

AMom, i totally know that feeling! a long bike ride sounds nice and hopefully it will help you sleep better tonight.

AHope, i agree with coco... it's hard to know without the rest of your temps. i think it looks like you could have O'd on CD13! if you temped the whole month you may see that your temps are well above your coverline and you should have nothing to worry about. if you take away temps from CD 8, 10, 12 and added temps as low as the rest, you would have a very nice temp rise on CD14. i'm not sure if i'm making any sense here... but i hope it helps. we are all here for you, don't feel alone.
on another note, i really love my CBE monitor! i got it off amazon.com for about $130.00... you can also find them on ebay for less...

coco, i agree with the chart stalking!

everyone, if you post a link to your chart, i will add them to your name in the roll call. i think lyndzies has done this in the past.

afm, i had the fasting glucose/insulin test and the repeat after glucola... results back today and i am insulin resistant therefore have high blood glucose. i have started metformin today. but at least i know that it's not going to affect ttc anymore!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#123 of 302 Old 03-15-2010, 10:40 PM

Good luck on your Baby-cation Chiquitayy!

Wehrli--my sister with PCOS successfully conceived and metformin was her only intervention--hope it helps regulate your hormones a bit!

afu--very excited about my u/s tomorrow, wishing DP could be there, but I guess its not really as important as, say, a 20 week u/s! I paper chart, but I can't seem to get it together to FF chart--maybe next cycle...
#124 of 302 Old 03-15-2010, 11:04 PM

Coco, AmandaMom, and Wehrli Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better, now--just some good encouragement and feedback goes a long way...and I'm hoping that with some more temps, my chart will become clearer. AND I'm going to buy the CBE Monitor (probably from ebay--thanks for the suggestion, Wehrli!). I'll start temping earlier in my cycle next time for more reference points.

MtnLisa Good luck on the ultrasound tomorrow! And I agree that future ultrasounds will be far more important for DP to attend .

Chiquitayy Best wishes for a very productive mini-vacation!

Escher Welcome and best wishes!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#125 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 AM

AmandaHope - I think getting the fertility monitor is a great idea. The OPK's are so standard and generic, whereas the monitor will detect a surge specific to YOUR body. I'm secretly hoping you won't need it, though.

Goodnight, everyone! Hoping I finally get some rest tonight after my mountain-biking excursion today!

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#126 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 AM

Hey Wherli ! Good idea !! Here is our link !

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/cocoval

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#127 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

coco, DPs chart looks very nice!

AMom, i hope you got a good nights sleep... dp and i went for a 3 mile walk last night and i def got a better nights sleep...

AHope, glad you are feeling better.

mtnlisa, hope all goes well with the u/s today. can't wait to hear about the follies!

afm, nothing new here... maybe another bit of vaginosis but i am trying the garlic trick as per erthe_mama's advice.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#128 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 09:05 AM

Wehrli, you could be right about my chart. After I added today's temps and made two previous temps invalid, I did get tentative cross-hairs, but I don't understand why the day after O would have the strongest fertility signs (esp. wide open cervix). Oh, well. We'll see!

wehrli and AMom Hope you had a great night's rest!

#129 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
Wehrli, you could be right about my chart. After I added today's temps and made two previous temps invalid, I did get tentative cross-hairs, but I don't understand why the day after O would have the strongest fertility signs (esp. wide open cervix). Oh, well. We'll see!
I was actually thinking the same thing when I was looking at your chart Amanda... the problem when there are not enough temps to go on is that FF cant extrapolate on its own... It wont "void" a certain temp because it is "out of whack" if it doesnt have ano others to look at to show that it is in fact "out of whack"....

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#130 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 AM

Hey all I'm back from lurking, please can you move me to waiting to O AF found me. I'm over it and ready to move on. I'll be skipping this cycle as we are having our bathroom re-done and I'll probably O in the week that it's being worked on. It's going to be too much of a hassle to think about inseminating and it's a good time to take a break from TTC. I'll pop back in a couple of weeks, but for now I'll go back to lurking again.

and for everyone else.
#131 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM

Ahhh, the strenuous ride did the trick... I'm feeling so much better after a good night's sleep!

Wehrli, here is the link to my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/amandamom I hope you got some rest as well, and good luck with the garlic. I hear it works wonders.

tigerlily - Sorry to hear about AF showing up. You seem very strong about it all. I'm sure this break will be good for you. Take some time to relax. I hope your bathroom remodel goes as planned, and you can climb back up on that horse next cycle!

mtnlisa - Be sure to let us know how your ultrasound goes.

Coco - DP's chart is looking good, as does your timing. Still got my fingers crossed for you guys!

TTC #1 since March 2010 
#132 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 PM

Here's my TCOYF chart

And my FF chart

In terms of monitors, I have an OVWatch that I love, and they're half-off right now--$50 for the watch and one sensor. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use it this month because I thought I could buy a new sensor locally and couldn't. Last month I never got a positive OPK but the watch aligned with all my other signs.

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#133 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 PM

Coco- Good luck!

Escher– Welcome! Here is some fairy dust for good luck

AFM- Day 24, My new RE has told me that I have a lot of egg reserves by ultra sound but still wants me to get a whole bunch of tests done. I am skeptical of her request for five STD tests, rubella, hemoglobin, varicella, and several more. Are these really necessary? I have no plans to do IUI or IVF with this office for the time being. To me, this seems excessive and it makes me want to look for a new RE. Am I being too sensitive, are these normal protocol?

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#134 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 PM

max - The only tests my RE wanted done was blood type, rubella, and cystic fibrosis. I am just beginning to try to conceive, though. If you've been at it a while, she may want to test for those things to rule them out as reasons you haven't conceived... I don't know. It sure does seem like a lot, though. That said, if your insurance is paying for it, I say go ahead and get the tests she recommends. Giving a few vials of blood can't really hurt anything, and it may give you and your RE peace of mind. If you have to pay for all of this blood work out of pocket, that is a different story.

TTC #1 since March 2010 
#135 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 PM

Aww Tigerlily--sorry, hope your month of rest works out well, tho

AmandaMom--glad a bike ride worked out for you--I can def sympathize that working out has improved my outlook lately

MaxK I don't even know what blood tests I had done--it was all done from two vials of blood, but they had a reason for each one and all they told me was that everything was fine--if nothing else maybe you could collect all their data and then not have to give blood for that reason again?

afu--the u/s showed that I have one egg in each ovary almost ready to go! Dr thinks that I should surge on Thurs or Fri but if I haven't by then, I have another u/s on Saturday morning and if they are big enough she will give me a trigger and we'll insem on Sunday morning!!!!! The swim team is on the way. Possible bad news is that I might have a septum in my uterus--she said we won't do anything about unless I have multiple miscarriages--we hope it doesn't come to that, and apparently it is somewhat invasive to have it corrected (involving burning away some of the excess fibrous parts inside the uterus) (and she isn't sure that there is one, she just can't tell from the u/s films--the other doc did the hsg and my doc hasn't seen those films)

I want to be in the "almost TWW" category now!
#136 of 302 Old 03-16-2010, 11:12 PM

SO...since I haven't been convinced that my temp rise was significant enough to show O, and since I have been having lots of watery and eggwhite cm since my alleged O...especially today...I did another OPK today, and it was very nearly positive! The good news is that when I got a digi OPK (thanks for the idea, Sarah!), it was negative. So that gives me time to order overnight swimmers tomorrow for a Thursday IUI (at half price, bless my midwife)...assuming that tomorrow's OPK is actually positive. I can't believe it! I did ovulate on day 20 in October, so this isn't unprecedented, but I have now learned a BIG LESSON: calendar and recent history mean NOTHING when the other signs aren't lining up. I never did have the full amount of cm...but my cervix was WIDE OPEN on Saturday--I really don't get it. Anyway, it is still open, if not wide open, and the other signs are finally lining up. This could drive a person nuts! So even though I blew about $500 that we can't afford, I'm really happy, because I *am* ovulating, the OPKs are working, and I still get a good shot this cycle.
Thanks, everyone, for the support while I have my drama. Hopefully, this will be the end of the drama. I purchased a CBE monitor on ebay and will use it next cycle (if there is a next cycle ) to avoid the drama!

Tigerlily Sorry about AF. You sound like you have a great attitude, though, and will benefit from the break.
Max Good news about the ultrasound and the eggs! I would try not to worry about the septum--it sounds like the doc isn't even confident, and it didn't show up before...

#137 of 302 Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxK View Post
AFM- Day 24, My new RE has told me that I have a lot of egg reserves by ultra sound but still wants me to get a whole bunch of tests done. I am skeptical of her request for five STD tests, rubella, hemoglobin, varicella, and several more. Are these really necessary? I have no plans to do IUI or IVF with this office for the time being. To me, this seems excessive and it makes me want to look for a new RE. Am I being too sensitive, are these normal protocol?
Totally normal. I've had this same work up from three REs, my family doc in advance of when I first started trying (these tests are required to access donor sperm in Canada), and my OBGYN when I started trying again in the US, so...five times? I did save the records from each round of testing, so whatever they didn't have to repeat, I could just give them. Some tests have to be repeated annually as long as you're in treatment, others are one-time only, others are as indicated, i.e. it's smart to repeat STD testing when switching KDs or partners or every year or so.

One piece of advice: life under the care of an RE is so much simpler if you just let it all go and just do what they say. I'm not saying don't advocate for yourself, like if you feel they're just wasting time trying to move you to IVF or if you feel that they're not being aggressive enough (i.e. the RE who wanted me to do three months of Clomid, no monitoring, at home, even though I'd already done two months with full monitoring and no results).

As for the tests - some if it is to cover their asses. If you show up with an STD in six months, they don't want you to claim you caught it from a treatment they did.

Also, many STDs can result in infertility if left untreated. Last, some can cause birth defects.

Rubella and Variccella (chicken pox) is the titre, they want to make sure you're immune, either you've had it or your vaccination is up to date because it can be dangerous in pregnancy. If you aren't immune, you'd be well-advised to get vaccinated or consider the risks carefully.

A basic CBC (complete blood count) is well-advised, because anemia is common in pregnancy - I'm guessing that's the hemoglobin. Also, if you have excessive hemoglobin, it could lead to clotting issues and an early miscarriage.

You might also want titres drawn for other things, I can't remember everything I had, but toxoplasmosis because I'm single and have cats (and I tested positive, so I didn't have to worry about it anymore, since it's only the initial exposure during pregnancy which is harmful). Another one is CMV status, if you're +, you're out of the woods, but if you're negative, it can influence your choice of donors because the initial exposure during conception/pregnancy is thought to be potentially harmful.

Other tests you can expect to have recommended include testing for Rh (blood type, i.e. A+ or O- or whatever), Tay-Sachs (only certain ethnic groups, I'm Acadian, so I get all the Ashkenazi Jewish tests), sickle cell carrier (only if you're black), cystic-fibrosis carrier (everyone). These tests only need to be done once, ever, in your lifetime, because your genes don't change.

Compared to the actual process of cycle monitoring and near-daily blood work for medicated IUIs or IVF, giving a few tubes of blood is not a big deal. And you might find out something very important.

Has your doc recommended an HSG? That one is not fun, but very helpful.

I'm confused about why you're going to the RE if you're not looking for treatment...maybe you're not ready for the intensity of treatment with a fertility clinic. It's not for everyone, it is a LOT of work.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#138 of 302 Old 03-17-2010, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

AHope, wow, crazy... but good thing you've been keeping an eye on your signs and are able to add another IUI! and what a sweet midwife, doing it at half price! GOOD LUCK and for you that you catch that egg and can put that monitor away for #2 or resell on ebay!

mntlisa, yay for 2 good follies! sounds like everything going well... you may be a few days ahead of me but we might end up to be TWW buddies this cycle... i have an u/s sat morning and if all looks well, we will trigger sunday morn and my IUI will be monday night.

max, i think this is normal... i wish i had more testing done early on maybe i wouldn't still be here. especially since i have "rock-star insurance" (2 seperate nurses called it that)!

chiquitayy, i've always wondered about the OVWatch... hmmm, it's a little late now... i have the CBE monitor and now that i'm being monitored by the RE but i will tuck it away as a good idea for the future!

AMom, i'm glad you got your good nights rest!

tigerlily, sorry for your BFN. enjoy a month without TTC stress. and yay for remodeling! i think this is the best part of being a homeowner!

afm, i had a huge temp spike today! i am getting a new battery for my thermometer because i don't trust it anymore! i've been using it everyday for the last 10 months... it's probably well overdue. there's no way i could have O'd right?!

#139 of 302 Old 03-17-2010, 12:38 PM

I've never been so thrilled to get a positive OPK! Better late than never! Swimmers coming and IUI tomorrow. Yay!

Wehrli I wouldn't worry about the temp spike. I actually had a big one today, too, even though I just got the OPK+ this morning...so O doesn't make sense. Last month, I had a spike on the day before O and then my temp came back down for O, and then spiked again after O. This didn't seem to bother the FF software, which seems to have ignored the first spike. But replacing the battery is probably a good idea. Last week, I just bought a new one, so that isn't my problem, but if yours is 10 months old, it is probably good to play it safe and replace it. None of your other signs suggest O this early, so I bet it is a fluke.

#140 of 302 Old 03-17-2010, 02:17 PM

mtnlisa - hooray for ripe follies and a solid plan! Good luck this weekend!

AmandaHope - So happy you finally got your positive OPK. What a relief! I wonder if you might have O'ed twice this cycle? It's possible... I will continue to cross my fingers and visualize your conception until you get that BFP!

wehrli - Your temp spike was probably a fluke. It will most likely be apparent after a couple more temps. A new battery is probably still a good idea.

FTMPapa - So glad to see you're still lurking; you are such a knowledgeable person!

AFM, CD5 and just waiting, waiting, waiting... Maybe I should take up knitting?

TTC #1 since March 2010 
#141 of 302 Old 03-17-2010, 04:10 PM

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#142 of 302 Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 PM

Painefaria Welcome back! So glad you are ready to conceive again; hopefully, this will be the month! Four insems is a lot--fingers crossed for a STICKY pregnancy.

AFM I just did a digi OPK just to make sure...and I got a big smiley face, which made my afternoon. AMom I've also been thinking that maybe I will ovulate twice: big wide open cervix on my usual O day (two days after a faint OPK line) followed by a subtle thermal shift and a less open cervix; continuing fertile mucous and a positive OPK 5 days later... makes me wonder. I'm terrified of twins, so this is a daunting thought, but I figure I'll be super lucky if I manage to catch even one. I'd definitely recommend knitting, by the way.

#143 of 302 Old 03-17-2010, 05:51 PM

FTMpapa- Thank you so much for all of those words, I will go ahead and do all the tests. I started working with an RE because I was worried there was something wrong but she says that I have plenty of egg reserves and she wants me to try naturally for a while. I guess I was concerned because she wants to take classes on IVF and taking medication. This could just be a standard class they make everyone attend; I just don't know why I need to do it now.

painefaria- Good luck! That is so exciting you get to insem soo much! You are soo lucky!

AFM- Day 25 and I haven't spotted yet so the RE was probably right to tell me to go off all of my herbs. I am hoping to O during my spring break at the end of this month!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#144 of 302 Old 03-18-2010, 12:05 AM

Okay, 3 insems done, hooray for a mini-vacation! Starting to feel twinges in my middle so I should O tonight or tomorrow...still can't get a blasted positive OPK, though! I guess I'll try one more tomorrow at work, but I'm beginning to wonder...that's twice a day for the last three days! I'm really wishing I had gotten a watch sensor before AF started.

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#145 of 302 Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 AM

Good morning everyone !

chiquitayy, painefaria, mtnlisa, Happy Marinating !! Best of luck for this month !

AmandaHope, I'll be watching your chart closely !! Horray for positive OPK's ! Have a good insem !

As for us....... Well, the time to test is near... I have no idea what DP's temp is yet because she is still asleep. I am hoping for a high one..... Yesturday, DP told me that she felt like AF was coming because she "wanted to clean the house" and had a small headache. Then again, she wonders if this is not a way to shield herself from bad news if we get it....... *sigh*.

FF says to test tomorrow but we will most likely wait until saturday... hopefully, AF doesnt show before that.

I'm really nervous.

Coco
xxx

#146 of 302 Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

AMom, knitting is great!!!

max, sorry you think your RE will tell you to go off the herbs... mine didn't but i decided to anyway because i just wanted to try it his way the first time or two. i hope giving them up isn't too much a compromise for you...

chiquitayy, yay! are you doing another if you get a +opk? or are you done for this cycle?

afm, i broke my thermometer... i bought a new battery, and was going to replace it last night. well, first i was going to put the old battery back in and take my temp, then put the new one in and take it again, just to see if there was a difference... but after i put the old one back in, it turned to celsius and while i tried to figure out how to change it back i pulled the whole thing out of the housing and ripped the sensors from it. what a dummy... it was late, i couldn't find our other (fever) thermometer so no temp this morning. i'm going to return the battery and get a new basal thermo this morning...
on another note, i think that i am going to skip using my CBE monitor this month... doc thinks he will trigger me 4 days earlier than i would normally O and i don't know what the monitor will do with those hormones... maybe i will use it after all... i just don't know... i'm still holding FMU, waiting to make this decision since the monitor is prompting me for a sample... what to do??

#147 of 302 Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

coco, where are you?? how's DPs TWW??? have you tested yet? i couldn't remember if you were early testers or not...

#148 of 302 Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
coco, where are you?? how's DPs TWW??? have you tested yet? i couldn't remember if you were early testers or not...
you posted as i wrote this... how funny!

#149 of 302 Old 03-18-2010, 10:44 AM

Well.... DP' temp went up a tiny bit again today...... I guess thats not a bad sign ?

#150 of 302 Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
Thanks for asking Wherli !

We are not early testers...... I used to be but those negative tests just get to me too much.

How are ya ?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page