Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2010, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
More , Coco. Hang in there.

Mntlisa So glad your IUI went well!
Max Hope AF comes on full force!
Painefaria SO SO relieved that you not only didn't have to do the procedure, but that you got to continue with insems and stay in the hopeful place.
Seraf Welcome and good luck!
Sarah Good job staying distracted! How are the chicks?
Escher I'm with you on how ridiculously complicated all this is. I am struck, at times, with a sense of absurdity about it all, and profound injustice. That said, I also appreciate that my DD understands (especially now, since we are ttc again) exactly how much we wanted (and continue to want) her and how deeply loved she is.
Wehrli Have fun at the water park!
Chiquittay Last month, I definitely ovulated but never got the opk positive--it nearly drove me nuts. At Sarah's suggestion, I tried the digital OPKs this month (in combination with the standard ones) and really liked the clarity (though not the price!). Before I finally got my opk positive this cycle, I ordered a fertility monitor, too. I just couldn't manage without some more objective indication of ovulation (my FF chart shows 9 fertile days!), but I also respect your way of knowing when you've ovulated. Trusting the body is definitely best...if you can.
AmandaMom Hi! That first IUI is getting closer all the time!

AFM, I finally, thank GOD, got a clear temp jump this morning. Although I had one slightly-up temp after my likely O day, this is pretty normal for me. I think that I O at night, and so the next temp isn't all the way up, yet. I was so relieved to see the spike the morning that I went back to sleep until 9:30! So this means that my test day should be 3/29, which is my DD's birthday!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 10:03 PM

I thought for sure I wasn't going to leave lurkdom until April - the first cycle we thought we were going to officially try.

Well, we got an early start, and found ourselves doing a somewhat unexpected insemination this morning.

I've been charting (only recently on FF), cleaning up my diet, getting more exercise, acupuncture, etc, for six months or so. After ages of irregular cycles, they were getting a bit more predictable. We picked a donor, tossed in the fertility monitor for good measure, and lo and behold - this month, the cycle before the one we had pegged as our first, has been about as textbook perfect as you can get. We took the very last minute plunge on Friday, ordered a vial, had it overnighted, and did our first insemination this morning at home (after DP made a last minute trip to walgreens for a smaller syringe, and came back victorious). We were totally expecting a comedy of errors, and were prepped to consider this one a test run, but it went quite smoothly! I guess we'll know how smoothly around April 3. Until then, could you put me in waiting to know?

This afternoon, we got to meet our good friends' six-day old daughter. I hope some of her little baby pheromones rubbed off on us for good luck.

Anyway, hello, nice to meet you all, and thanks for being a fantastic source of information and anxiety relief over the past few months, as we got closer to jumping in. Here we go!

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
Old 03-20-2010, 11:31 PM

Welcome, Amy! I hope your stay with us is very short (say...a few weeks?). Tell us a bit about yourself. I see you live in Portland...I grew up in Seattle and have always thought that I'd love for us to end up eventually in Portland or Seattle (ok...or the Bay Area or Vancouver). How do you like it? What kind of work do you and DP do? It is exciting that after so much preparation, the actual start of ttc was spontaneous. I hope the first time does the trick!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:35 AM

Welcome Amy... Hope that your stay here is short.

Amandahope - thanks for the support. We are so relieved that all of this mess is beginning to slow down.

I hope that everyone else is doing well. I haven't had a chance to read the whole board... I will probably be around on an off tomorrow. Here to a great spring and many BFP's coming in the next few weeks. It seems that most of us are around the same cycle. We have been insemming as planned we did insem #3 this evening and it seems that I may O on day 15/tomorrow like before the M/C (last month I O'd on 13 so we insemmed 1 day early just in case). I will be hopefully testing on 4/2/10 if all goes well. I just need to O!!!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Old 03-21-2010, 01:53 AM

So since I seem to be the only one up I thought that I would pose a question of the day...

What is the most obsessive thing that you have done during TTC?

Well I ask this question because I thought that it would be nice to know that there were others out there that would run to the drug store at 11:00pm because they left their thermometer somewhere (mine is at my sister's in Baltimore), couldn't find the back up thermometer(ds uses them as a "cell phone") and KNEW they would O tomorrow and needed to temp in the morning. Or is it just me?

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Old 03-21-2010, 10:14 AM

Hmm, I try not to obsess (that is half the fun, but I did an early pregnancy test, got a positive and then got AF the next day and it broke my heart - Oh, 7 years and 10 months ago? haha, I don't let things go, I guess. And of course everything is an early pregnancy symptom when I'm watching like a hawk). I did go to the drug store at 9 one night for OPKs the first cycle I was charting religiously (9 is practically 11 for me). I currently own 3 thermometers. I finally sent one to the kids' other house when DS had the flu, one is in my bedroom and the 3rd is in my glovebox in case I go out of town and forget mine, or forget it out of town (I am typically out of town bi-weekly).

I do stranger things, like, I am so obsessed, I have lots of great material collected, I want to start making diapers, baby undies, baby clothes, maternity clothes, nursing tops and bras. But I'm afraid I'll seem overeager, and therefore not get knocked up. So I decided to make a nice new set of cloth pads and wipes for AF, so I'll be all excited to use my new stuff and, shucks wouldn't it suck if I got knocked up and didn't get to? Makes all the sense in the world, right? Like sperm and egg care if I sew up some fluff? I should buy a membership to a sauna.... that would really suck if I got pregnant and therefore make it way more likely... That was what happened with DS, hahaha.

I saw on the news a few months ago that when you're 21, your chances of getting pregnant on any given cycle are, like, 1 in 4 but when you're 30 it's closer to 1 in 10. I was devestated for about 2 days. I got pregnant very easily with the kids I have. Every single time I timed it right, I got pregnant. I went too early the first cycle I tried with each of them (and I went too early the first cycle I tried this go round, 9 months ago). But I was 21 and 24, so so young, of course it worked then! I'm hoping that my body doesn't realize I've gotten any older, I've always been a little slow, so maybe....

Most obsessively, I'm reading on here, which just makes me so excited for all of you and sad for your misses.

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 03-21-2010, 11:11 AM

Qotd My most obsessive thing is definitely how often I check this board. Also, I just made up a temp for tomorrow and then deleted it to see what FF would do. There have been days when I've gotten out the spec and mirror and checked my cervix 3 times.

Seraf--I had my DD when I was 26, and I'm very aware of the age difference, too (I'm 34 now). All of my academic friends (who have kids very late, generally speaking) think that I'm young, but reproductively, I don't feel that way. But we'll do this--it just make take more time and persistence than it did way back when.

Here is a question for the chart stalkers. When I did make up another high temp for tomorrow, FF pinned my O day at cd 20, which is the two days after my OPK positive and the day after my IUI. I'm wondering whether I am wrong that I O the night after the OPK...or whether it is the FF software, which seems not to recognize slow temp rises after O. Any thoughts? Unfortunately, I was in a zen place the day after my IUI and didn't check my cervix. I suppose that might have helped me figure this out.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
Qotd Here is a question for the chart stalkers. When I did make up another high temp for tomorrow, FF pinned my O day at cd 20, which is the two days after my OPK positive and the day after my IUI. I'm wondering whether I am must wrong that I O the night after the OPK...or whether it is the FF software, which seems not to recognize slow temp rises after O. Any thoughts? Unfortunately, I was in a zen place the day after my IUI and didn't check my cervix. I suppose that might have helped me figure this out.
what if you "took away/discarded" from CD18?

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 03-21-2010, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, AmyPDX! glad to have ya, but i hope your stay is short!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 03-21-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
what if you "took away/discarded" from CD18?
Then FF really goes nuts. Have a look.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:23 PM

This is my main obsession right now--we aren't telling but a very few (like one) select lesbian friends that we are trying, so I must come here and talk to everyone!

I must say that 8 weeks of weekly accupuncture has pretty much removed the worry and obsession from my life--wish I could afford it all the time, but we made the commitment to improve our chances (and so far it looks good!)
Old 03-21-2010, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
can we please be moved to waiting to o?

AF was a week late, and finally showed up yesterday. we are on our way again!!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
Old 03-21-2010, 07:11 PM

Coco: 2 Next month is yours. My ex and I were looking for a donor and planning to start TTC last August when she started her last year at university to coincide with graduation. She left me in July for a woman who had a six-month-old. She doesn’t have any idea that I’m doing this now as far as I know.

wehrli: Hope the water park was awesome! that the next u/s shows what you want!

mtnlisa: No apologies! We’re all sharing lots of details, that’s why we’re here! I’m in pretty much the same situation as you, very few of my friends know what’s going on—I thought it would make things less stressful, but sometimes it’s actually been worse—went to dinner yesterday with a group of friends. Two of them knew, the other three didn’t, and I spent some time agonizing about whether the ones that knew would slip and say something! Glad your IUI went well, sounds like it was great!

maxK: How crazy is it to be eagerly awaiting AF?!? Hope it’s soon! I crochet as well, but I knit much better—unfortunately, it’s much harder to find knit amigurumi patterns!

Amy: Welcome! I’ll echo everyone else: hope you’re not here long! Sounds like your last minute decision was a great one. I’ve been hoping someone will have a baby around me, but all I get is when I help in labor and delivery at work! Not quite the same…

painefaria: Happy marinating!

seraf: I’m with you—I just bought a HUGE set of lunapads.

QOTD: I was at the outlet mall a couple of weeks ago to look at some scrubs for work. Unfortunately, the store is gone. I drove around to make sure it hadn’t moved, and lo and behold, the Oshkosh outlet was having a 60% off sale. Sigh. So I have a drawer where I’m stashing the sleepers and onesies and overalls that I couldn’t resist. And the super-cute-could-be-for-a-boy-or-a-girl cuddly doll that I found. My housemate says that’s the most obsessive thing I’ve done. I’m inclined to agree.

AFM: Attempting, fairly successfully, to ignore myself. Housemate and I drove to Asheville yesterday to look for a new place—we're planning to move there at the end of May. Found a few nice ones, but definitely have more work to do. Neither of us has found a job yet, but I haven't been applying for everything in sight yet—I'm still limiting myself to things I'd really like as opposed to anything in the hospital!

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
Old 03-21-2010, 11:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

Mtnlisa--I'm impressed that your acupuncture is making you so worry free. Mine hasn't done that for me yet! I'm like you in that almost nobody in my life knows we're about to start TTC.

Seraf--I love your theories on what to sew to become pregnant. That makes perfect sense to me!

Welcome, AmyPDX!

QOTD: I really don't know how obsessive I'm being and how much I'm just being prepared. I'm doing acupuncture, drinking RRL tea, taking vitamins and flax seed oil, making sure I have 3-4 orgasms a week. I've cut out sugar and white flour from my diet (can you tell I've been reading Brill?). And honestly, who knows--maybe I would have gotten pregnant on the first try without doing any of that, or maybe it will still take me five years.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 PM

Wait wait! I haven't read Brill in 8 years! What does 3 to 4 orgasms a week have to do with anything?

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 AM

Health insurance reform! (But to Obama's executive order on abortion).

Old 03-22-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

AHope, i saw what FF did to your chart yesterday... but it looks like todays temp adjusted it perfectly, or did you do something else? YAY! for healthcare reform, boo that the LGBT stuff was taken out.

chiquitayy, good luck staying distracted, finding a new home and a new job!! FX that this is your month!

giggle, yay for "waiting to O"!!

afm, just waiting 'till my appt on wed.... i can totally feel my R ovary working hard at growing that follie! i hope the other 2 manage to mature enough to be viable eggs as well... i am a little worried that i will O early (naturally i O on cd17) because my second mid-cycle u/s is on cd15... i am kind of hoping that they will do the trigger shot right there in the morning after the u/s (dp is supposed to do it at home otherwise). if they do the shot, then we'd be going for IUI thurs night... but i don't think he has hours then... i wonder if the other RE covers for him in that event... so much for forgetting the stress, ah well...

Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Brill says "Recently at Maia we have been recommending that people have orgasms at least three to four times a week, and since our clients have started doing so the fertility rates have been dramatically on the rise." (page 177) She goes on to say why she thinks that is the case--stress reduction, a workout for the uterus, and intimacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post
Wait wait! I haven't read Brill in 8 years! What does 3 to 4 orgasms a week have to do with anything?

Seraf

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 03-22-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
AHope, i saw what FF did to your chart yesterday... but it looks like todays temp adjusted it perfectly, or did you do something else? YAY! for healthcare reform, boo that the LGBT stuff was taken out.
I agree that the bill has some serious limitations and failures, especially for women, immigrants, and queer folks, among others. But it is am important start, in my opinion.

As for my chart, it put my O day at cd20, when I think it was cd19 (and that I have a slow rise). I'm trying to figure out if I should being doing my IUI two days after the OPK, instead of the following day. Thanks for looking!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM

Lisa- horray for an easy IUI! It sounds ideal!

Coco-
aw, I’m sorry.

Amy- Hello and welcome. FX that your insem was successful!

QOD- I’m pretty obsessive in general when it comes to TTC, I test for my LH surge at least twice a day when it’s getting close, sometimes more. I also repeatedly test for BFP after insems. I buy all of these in bulk online!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 03-22-2010, 03:25 PM

AmandaHope - In looking at your chart, I also think you ovulated on CD19. CD20's temp is higher than the last 9 temps, if you take out CD18. I'm guessing you ovulated sometime during the evening/night of CD19, which could technically be considered CD20 if it were after midnight. I'm sure your timing was excellent! Sit back and (try to) relax for a while.

AmyPDX -

escher - I'm following many of Brill's suggestions, too. that it works for both of us!

chiquitayy - DP and I love Asheville! We celebrated our anniversary there last year. I only wish it were closer... We're about 6 1/2 hours away. Maybe the next time we're in town, we could get together (with our babies!).

wehrli - After gaining all this knowledge about our own fertility, it's just too hard to ignore it! Don't stress; I'm sure everything will work out just the way it's supposed to.

Coco - Thinking of you and DP.

giggle - Here's to a fresh, new cycle! Good luck!

QOTD - This board is my most obsessive thing... So far.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 03-22-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquitayy;15209277[B
AFM[/B]: Housemate and I drove to Asheville yesterday to look for a new place—we're planning to move there at the end of May. Found a few nice ones, but definitely have more work to do. Neither of us has found a job yet, but I haven't been applying for everything in sight yet—I'm still limiting myself to things I'd really like as opposed to anything in the hospital!
I AM SOOOO JEALOUS We love Asheville

Old 03-22-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMom View Post
AmandaHope - In looking at your chart, I also think you ovulated on CD19. CD20's temp is higher than the last 9 temps, if you take out CD18. I'm guessing you ovulated sometime during the evening/night of CD19, which could technically be considered CD20 if it were after midnight. I'm sure your timing was excellent! Sit back and (try to) relax for a while.
Thanks, AMom! I'm just going to go in and change my O date manually. I took the morning off and did yoga with a fabulous local teacher. And now the sun is out--yay! So relaxation it is. ;-)

Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 PM

So, I'm back and ttc. We got pregnant on the second try in June and we were due 4/4/10, but had a miscarriage at 20 wks. Well, we have been seeing the fertility doc since last week and hope to inseminate tomorrow or Wednesday.

When I got pregnant, we inseminated on day 15 of my cycle on a Sunday. Well this past Sunday was day 15 but my hormones say it's not time yet. Tomorrow is day 17 and it seems odd that my body's not ready but I'm **** positive about a positive pg test.

So, hello to those I haven't met and to those I have. I hope to not be here long!

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 PM

Welcome Kimlyn ~~ here's hoping for a short stay

Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
I agree that the bill has some serious limitations and failures, especially for women, immigrants, and queer folks, among others. But it is am important start, in my opinion.
i am totally with you! many people have bad things to say about it and i agree it's not perfect but i think it is a gigantic step in the right direction!!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

kimlyn, welcome back! i'm so sorry for your loss... may there be great happiness in your lives again soon.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

to anyone who wants me to add your chart or if i have missed an update for you, please post in bold.

have a great day!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:47 AM

Hi Everyone,

Welcome, Kimlyn! I'll hope for a short and sweet stay for you here.

Wehrli--how are you feeling about your appointment tomorrow?

AFM: I'm starting to second guess our planned timing. We were thinking we were going to do one IUI the day AFTER my Clearblue monitor first said peak and another one the day after that (so on the second day Clearblue says peak and the day they say high), but now I'm wondering if we should do one on each of the peak days instead. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:13 PM

Since it seems many of us are around the same cycle and will be testing the first week of April there is very little going on. I am dying here with no-one to talk to ...
So I will post another QOD -
How did you choose which DP was going to carry? (sorry sarahcecile to exclude )

For us it was rather simple. I was the oldest. I will be 34 in May and I don't need the pressure from the OB about a high risk pregnancy once I turn 35. I am already quite fluffy so I get enough greif.

User Tag List