Queer Conceptions March 2010 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
escher - hang in there, I've had some erratic ovulation dates, our bodies can be mysterious.

chiquitayy ooooh, I hope those symptoms give you a BFP - it's so hard to ignore your body when you KNOW something very well might be going on.

mtnlisa - hmmm, warm kitten, that sounds like a good sign. Fingersx - good luck with you GT test!

Amandahope - nope, pulling sensations have stopped. Just cramping and right ovary pain. Hope that is an implantation dip for you!

AFU: I broke down this morning (12dpo) and bought a FRER (pink foil). BFN. I know that I can't entirely give up until about 15dpo, but it's not looking good. Why is this taking so long? I used to be so fertile?! So I am going to try to troubleshoot and figure out if there is anything I need to be doing differently.

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcecile View Post

AFU: I broke down this morning (12dpo) and bought a FRER (pink foil). BFN. I know that I can't entirely give up until about 15dpo, but it's not looking good. Why is this taking so long? I used to be so fertile?! So I am going to try to troubleshoot and figure out if there is anything I need to be doing differently.
I'm sorry about the BFN , but I'm also hoping that 12dpo is just a little too soon and that you'll get better news in a few days. That damned blank spot is just cruel, isn't it?

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 03-26-2010, 03:13 PM

Sarahcecile: You still have days. I'm crossing my fingers for you, too.

Over here, I'm getting antsy for AF. I'm moving DP in with me tomorrow. I get my echo tuesday and should start AF the 31st or the 1st. Then hopefully I get the go-ahead and go ahead. We settled on a donor. I don't know if he wasn't on the list last time I looked or if I simply overlooked him before. He has black hair, green eyes and freckles just like DP. Similar build. I've been trying to figure out what his test scores mean, I never took the SAT, we were told to take the ACT around here back in the day. Seems like a generally good guy. *shrug* DP is really excited we found this guy, it was looking like we weren't going to find anyone with even her general characteristics. So that is new and exciting over here.

Oh, I am going to night shift next month. I'm not thrilled, anyone successfully chart while swinging back and forth from sleeping at night to sleeping in daytime (it's only 3 nights a week)? Or anyone successfully get pregnant while their temps are erratic and rely solely on OPKs and cervical mucus? I should probably go over to TTC for that one.

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 03-26-2010, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

seraf, i only rely on BBT to confirm O... sometimes i think i should give up this tool simply because it just helps me obsess more. do you have a pretty good idea when you normally O? i wouldn't be too worried about just using opks and CM, do you check cervical texture and position? i find that helps alot, too.

sarah, sorry for the BFN... but it ain't over 'till it's over, right?! FXFU

escher, i hate the elusive +opk! what are your other signs suggesting? might you be stressing about this and therefore delaying O? i've done that before...

mtnlisa, how did your test go? when do you get your results?

paine, your chart looks better... you def O'd on CD14!

afm, my IUI went great! i just love our RE!! he asked if DP wanted to look and he explained everything he was doing so she was as involved as possible. i had cramps for about 4 hrs after, in the middle of which i think i felt O... i had these "pulsing" like sensations on the right and then the left for about 3-4 seconds on each side. i've never noticed that feeling before...
anyway, feeling very peaceful about it all. we'll see how long that lasts.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 PM

sarahcecile - So sorry to hear about your BFN. I'm hoping you get that positive in the next couple of days!

wehrli - It sounds like your timing couldn't be better! I hope these next couple of weeks fly by (ha ha).

seraf - Congrats on choosing a donor. He sounds cute! Good luck with the move tomorrow.

escher - Be patient; O will come. I'm sure it will show up on your OPKs and monitor. I keep worrying that I'll miss it, too, and I'm not even due to O for a few more days! Ahhh the joys of TTC.

chiquitayy - I'm totally interested in a queer Asheville get together! BTW, your chart looks fantastic, and I've still got all appendages crossed for you!

AFM, CD14 and just waiting for that elusive O...

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 03-27-2010, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sarahcecile - still got my fingers crossed for you
wehrli - i think the timing was perfect! here's to the TWW
seraf - that's the hard part, getting the donor picked. next up, pregnancy care provider!
escher - i can't decide which is worse - the o wait or the tww??
amanda - uggg, i hate waiting, but it should be any day now, literally, right?

afu - dp started her daily gonal-f shots which i have been administering. today she had a lead 9mm follie and a 6mm follie with plenty of little others. we got are resubmitted paperwork faxed off to the RE's office, and now, we wait for 1. sperm and 2. the O. we'll go back for another follie check on sunday morning. from them we will know if we are done with gonal-f or if she needs to keep on injecting.

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
Old 03-27-2010, 12:44 AM

Sarah--I'm keeping fingers crossed for you!

Wehrli (I think I spell your name different every time--sorry) Sounds like it went great--isn't it amazing how just a little nice bedside manner can make everything seem so wonderful! I know what you mean about the temping--it is for sure one more thing to obsess over

giggle--there's just always more waiting! Although today i was overcome with worry that our as-yet-unconfirmed-baby will come too soon! LOL

afu--Glucose tolerance isn't a fun test. First, I really dislike needles and over the course of it she took 9 vials of blood--five in one arm, four in the other. Second, I thrive on protein. I foolishly went to Target on my way home and by the end of my short trip, I could barely walk--luckily DP cooked me not one but two little steaks and then I felt much, much better. The results won't be in for two weeks at the most, we'll know by then if we are pregnant or not. . . Also today a good friend (37 wks pregnant) came to get some cloth diapers from my sister and they discussed how I would now have to wait to get pregnant because my friend needs the diapers. I said that she would have to arm-wrestle my dad about that because I think he is pretty set on more grandkids ASAP and my sister said, yes, last month when she visited our parents, my dad asked three times when she thought I would have kids--so we don't have to worry about support from our families! Also, I think there is a good chance my sister is lurking over here(as she has been an MDC reader for several years If so, we'll just keep it between us for now!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 AM

Hi Everyone,

Mtnlisa--I'm sorry that the glucose tolerance test wasn't fun. It's great that your dad is so excited about you having kids!

Giggleblue--It sounds like you're making progress with all the steps. Do you have a sense of when O might be?

AmandaMom--Good luck with your O waiting. I hope you get clear signs soon!

Wehrli--Your IUI sounds perfect. Hooray!

Seraf--Good luck with the move today. You have a lot of exciting things going on right now!

Sarahcecile--I'm sorry you had that initial negative. Your chicks are going to have to be extra distracting over the next few days. Do you have a plan of when you'll test again?

AFU: OPKs were still neg yesterday, monitor was still low this morning. I'm feeling grateful that our sperm is safely in storage at the local fertility clinic for however long it needs to wait there. I do feel like my body is getting closer to being ready, but it just isn't there yet.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 03-27-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

escher, that's good that the swim team is ready whenever you are! just relax (i know easier said) and O will come!

mtnlisa, no worries about spelling my name, it's fairly new to me and i have to think about it while i'm typing it as well. FX that you will have to buy all new diapers because your friend is using those!!

giggle, when is DP thought to O? keep us posted on the u/s and such!

AMom, when is O expected for you? sounds like the wait [to O] is almost over!!

afm, thanks for all of the well wishes! i think it was timed perfectly!! had a temp rise this morning, cervix LFC, sticky/dry CM! what a relief... now to distract myself for the next 12 days...

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 03-27-2010, 09:05 PM

wehrli--good luck on these 12 days--I'm having a pretty hard time waiting!

just quickly--i'm going to be out of town, at my parents house, until friday. I am not taking a thermometer with me. I'm planning to just distract myself and hope that AF doesn't show (as could be expected as early at friday afternoon?) Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to check back in next weekend!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:38 PM

giggleblue - It sounds like signs are lining up for you and DP. I wish you the best of luck!

mtnlisa - I can't stand medical tests you have to starve for! It's inhumane! Maybe you should carry around some airplane peanuts so you don't have another situation like the one at Target. It's really awesome that your parents are so supportive. My family is supportive too, but my mom doesn't bug me about grandkids like she did when she thought there was still a chance I might marry a man. My sister still bugs me, though! Every time I see her, she pats my belly and asks, "Where's the baby?" Have a great time at your parents' house. I hope it provides plenty of distraction!

escher - Seems like we're in the same boat waiting for O! Are you expecting it soon? Maybe we'll be TWW buddies. I'm also very thankful my swimmers are at the local clinic, just waiting for the right time. Coordinating shipping is one less worry we have to deal with.

AFM, cd15 and no O yet... My cycles aren't very regular, but I usually O between cd18 and cd21. Last cycle it was on cd19, but for some reason I feel I might O a little early this cycle.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 03-28-2010, 12:20 AM

Hi, everyone.

Wehrli, what a fantastic series of events! I'm so impressed that your timing was perfect and that you got such clear signs. Wow. I hope that's all it takes!

Thinking about everyone else...those waiting to O, those waiting to test (or retest), those waiting to be ready, and those at the start of the TWW trying to relax for a while.

AFM, I got my 25 preg tests in the mail, today. So far, I haven't opened the package...but I don't know how strong I'll be in the morning. I'm supposed to wait until Monday. Meanwhile, my parents are visiting, and I showed them the house we are trying to buy (short sale--waiting on the seller's bank for approval), and I told them when we were in the smallest bedroom that it would be for the as yet nonexistent baby. They were shocked and thrilled. Long story...but we've decided a few different times NOT to have a second kid, and my parents were really nosy and disappointed, which caused lots of tension. But they were great about it today and are so happy for us. It was lovely. I can't wait to have actual *news*, though!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 AM

So on Wednesday we had our IUI and everything was perfect just as it was for Wehrli.

We travelled to a different office to see the doc that got us pregnant last time. The ultrasound showed that the follicle had already released the egg and the sperm were swimming towards it. I had felt some back pain earlier in the day so I knew I had begun to ovulate. The doctor and nurse both send everything looked excellent and timing was perfect.

The day after I told my body so much that I was pregnant that my gums bled when brushing (which hasn't happened in a long time) and had bad heartburn and a headache.

Today I've had a headache all day and I'm feeling nauseus right now. I know it's too early but this is how I'm feeling. I'm not obsessing like I did last time, I've been very busy at work and church and haven't had time.

I originally had decided not to test until Tuesday 4/6 and get a blood test 4/7 but I'm thinking I might test on Easter (11dpo). That's the day I would've been due had I not miscarried. We'll see.

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:51 AM

Kimlyn: Congratulations on such a promising and positive insemination experience! Fingers crossed!
By the way, could the doc/you actually see the sperm on the ultrasound?!

Old 03-28-2010, 01:03 AM

Thanks!

Yes, we could see the sperm on the ultrasound!

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

Kimlyn: Hooray for such a terrific IUI experience--and such good timing! Easter seems like a perfect time to test. How exciting!

AmandaHope: It's exciting that you might have a new house soon! I'm glad that your parents were thrilled. 25 preg tests would be hard for me to resist too.

AmandaMom: Good luck with the wait to O! Any signs of it yet?

Mtnlisa: Good luck with distracting yourself! I hope you have great news to share when you get back!

Wehrli: What impressively perfect timing you had! Good luck with distracting yourself!

AFM: I got my opk+ yesterday afternoon (hooray!), so I'm doing my first IUI this morning and another one tomorrow morning. I'm suddenly nervous (will it hurt?), but also VERY excited.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 03-28-2010, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

escher, yay for +opk! i hope you IUI goes well, i didn't feel mine one bit.

kimlyn, i'm glad to hear your IUI went as well as mine, well it actually sounds like yours was better! that's so cool that they did an u/s and you got to see the swimmers going for the egg!!! FX for you...

AHope, wow, that's a lot of tests! i hope you only need one!!!

AMom, hoping O comes soon and you can be that much closer to your BFP!!

mntlisa, enjoy your stay with your parents!

afm, nothing but bloated... we picked up our nephews last night and took them to "How to Train a Dragon" 3D, it was cute! we kept them overnight and are going to a pancake breakfast at a nature center where we will then go on a nature walk to see what maple syrup is made from! it's been keeping me distracted, so far, but it's only 2dpo... it's not until about 5-6dpo that i get obsessed...

Old 03-28-2010, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

sarah, hoping that you get your BFP today!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I broke down this morning (12dpo) and bought a FRER (pink foil). BFN. I know that I can't entirely give up until about 15dpo, but it's not looking good. Why is this taking so long? I used to be so fertile?! So I am going to try to troubleshoot and figure out if there is anything I need to be doing differently.
Hey there... I hear ya. Dont give up hope until AF shows tho ! But I know the feeling.

I work as a social worker... its insane the amount of women who get pregnant when they dont want or intend to... often too because a boyfriend refuses to use condoms... Just like that once and there she is, crying her eyes out, feeling guilty and so responsible...... and here we are all of us...

C.
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 03-28-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
nothing but bloated... we picked up our nephews last night and took them to "How to Train a Dragon" 3D, it was cute! we kept them overnight and are going to a pancake breakfast at a nature center where we will then go on a nature walk to see what maple syrup is made from! it's been keeping me distracted, so far, but it's only 2dpo... it's not until about 5-6dpo that i get obsessed...
Hey there ! Hope your TWW goes as fast as possible !!! Keeping occupied is good lol. Especially with kids Enjoy your day !!

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escher12 View Post

AFM: I got my opk+ yesterday afternoon (hooray!), so I'm doing my first IUI this morning and another one tomorrow morning. I'm suddenly nervous (will it hurt?), but also VERY excited.
Hey there ! Happy insemming !!
As for if it will hurt... maybe a bit but really, usually no more than a pap exam, for me, its the speculum that hurts, not the IUI per se. Let us know how it goes !

Coco
xxx

Old 03-28-2010, 12:37 PM

Hey all, just coming in to report my BFN again this morning. I take progesterone so I can't rely on my period coming to signal not being pregnant, it won't come till I stop the prometrium. So..... I stopped it this morning. On to the next cycle! Trying to be optimistic, but also come up with a game plan for how long we should keep trying the way we are now.

I'll try to be back later for more personals!

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Hey all, just coming in to report my BFN again this morning. I take progesterone so I can't rely on my period coming to signal not being pregnant, it won't come till I stop the prometrium. So..... I stopped it this morning. On to the next cycle! Trying to be optimistic, but also come up with a game plan for how long we should keep trying the way we are now.

I'll try to be back later for more personals!
Hey there... Sorry about the BFN... :-(

Hugs if you want em.

On to the next cycle huh ? Thats the way !

Coco
xxx

Old 03-28-2010, 06:24 PM

just a quick update-

we went for the follie check this morning - lead follie is at 12mm, the other is at 7, so it looks the lead is taking the lead. right now, we are looking at a thursday or friday insemination, which would be cycle day 13 or 14. i guess right on schedule. we will shoot it up tonight, and then DP will go for another check tomorrow. if we are at 14 or so, then we will trigger on tuesday and insem. 48 hours after that, according to their plans.

the clinic won't "let" us trigger until after the sperm shows up, which we haven't ordered because DP though we had more time... so tomorrow morning, we need to make a call to the bank before noon to get tuesday delivery of the sperm so that we can be on time for a thursday insemination. kinda worried about this - i suggested DP call last week, but she didn't. so hopefully they have a dewar and a vial. ekkkk!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 PM

Hi Everyone,

Giggleblue--good luck with ordering the sperm tomorrow. I hope that the bank is helpful and cooperative.

Sarahcecile--I'm sorry to hear about the BFN. Bummer! I hope that this next cycle is beautiful and perfect.

Wehrli--your nephews sound like fun. Good luck staying distracted!

Thanks for all your good wishes and reassurance. The IUI went very smoothly today. I could feel the speculum being gently put in and taken out, but other than that I couldn't feel anything. The doctor suggested that my wife push the plunger, which she was thrilled to do. It was quick and painless and actually rather fun! We stopped afterwards and bought some flowers, then came home and took a nap together. We're going back tomorrow to do the second IUI. I am keeping my fingers very firmly crossed that I do get my temp rise on Tuesday!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:32 PM

escher, happy to hear the IUI went well!! fingers crossed!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escher12 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Giggleblue--good luck with ordering the sperm tomorrow. I hope that the bank is helpful and cooperative.

Sarahcecile--I'm sorry to hear about the BFN. Bummer! I hope that this next cycle is beautiful and perfect.

Wehrli--your nephews sound like fun. Good luck staying distracted!

Thanks for all your good wishes and reassurance. The IUI went very smoothly today. I could feel the speculum being gently put in and taken out, but other than that I couldn't feel anything. The doctor suggested that my wife push the plunger, which she was thrilled to do. It was quick and painless and actually rather fun! We stopped afterwards and bought some flowers, then came home and took a nap together. We're going back tomorrow to do the second IUI. I am keeping my fingers very firmly crossed that I do get my temp rise on Tuesday!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

escher, looks like you had a temp rise this morning... did you maybe O yesterday?? FX for you!!!

sarah,

giggle, hoping the timing goes smoothly...

coco, is the link to your DPs chart not working or has she stopped temping? i'm trying to chart stalk and i can't even tell which day y'all are at.

afm, nothing to report here, really... i start my progesterone supositories tomorrow... so i don't think any early preg signs will be accurate, which is a good thing, i think, because i can't obsess... theoretically anyway.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM

Well, it is a BFN and a trace of AF for me, this morning. Although of course I am disappointed, it is also my DD's birthday today, and Passover tonight, and my parents are here...so I'm really quite happy, anyway. I'll start using the Clear Blue Monitor now, so I'm hopeful that I won't get as stressed and crazy trying to figure out when to inseminate this month. If April doesn't work, I'm definitely planning to travel to San Fran (where my KD lives) for a full week in May to do both archival research (for work) and insems. So I feel like I have a good plan, and I am reminding myself that not getting pregnant for two months doesn't mean that anything is "wrong"--just that this often takes a while, especially now that I'm in my 30s. I keep thinking of all the people who were here, on this board, when I started lurking in November. Many of them have graduated and are doing great--in their second trimesters, now, even! So I'm channeling patience and gratitude this morning. And also remembering the birth of my daughter eight years ago today.

Good luck to everyone in the tww! We could have bumper crop of BFPs this month!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
Well, it is a BFN and a trace of AF for me, this morning. Although of course I am disappointed, it is also my DD's birthday today, and Passover tonight, and my parents are here...so I'm really quite happy, anyway. I'll start using the Clear Blue Monitor now, so I'm hopeful that I won't get as stressed and crazy trying to figure out when to inseminate this month. If April doesn't work, I'm definitely planning to travel to San Fran (where my KD lives) for a full week in May to do both archival research (for work) and insems. So I feel like I have a good plan, and I am reminding myself that not getting pregnant for two months doesn't mean that anything is "wrong"--just that this often takes a while, especially now that I'm in my 30s. I keep thinking of all the people who were here, on this board, when I started lurking in November. Many of them have graduated and are doing great--in their second trimesters, now, even! So I'm channeling patience and gratitude this morning. And also remembering the birth of my daughter eight years ago today.

Good luck to everyone in the tww! We could have bumper crop of BFPs this month!
I'm sorry about the BFN - but you have an awesome attitude - and Happy Birthday to your daughter (and happy BIRTH as a Mama to you).

User Tag List