TTC groups specifically for DP? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know of a group online like this? DP just showed interest in having her own "group" to chat with... i have always shared this with her but she is looking for a DP support group. Any ideas??

Thanks everyone!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#2 of 17 Old 03-29-2010, 09:28 PM

I'm the non-bio mom, and I don't know of other places. I'd invite her to start a thread here, if she's comfortable (I would understand wanting her "own" place, aka not MDC, though). While we are no longer in the TTC part of the process, I definitely value the non-bio mom conversations....

A note: I just realized that I assumed she wanted a place for non-carrying queer partners to chat, but that may not be the case, so feel free to add more details and ignore anything I said that doesn't apply!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#3 of 17 Old 03-30-2010, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
there are some GLBT groups on sheknows.com and also on the baby center that she can join. i can totally relate to wanting to talk about TTC stuff, not at the same place as your partner. it's totally nothing personal, but sometimes, you just want to forge your own.

i hope she finds something!

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
#4 of 17 Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the advice!

DP will be the non-carrying/non-bio mom. she just would like some ppl to chat with about all the things that go along with supporting me while we TTC via me. i think there are quite a few ppl here that have experience with that. i will suggest her just starting a thread here or maybe one of the other two that were suggested. however, i am on babycenter well... i found sheknows last night so maybe i'll suggest that to her if she wants to find her "own" place.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#5 of 17 Old 03-31-2010, 09:43 AM

I will have to fwd this to my DW: we are TTC with me right now, and it seems to be an uphill battle due to previous cancer treatment. We do plan on having her carry the next child, but right now she's feeling "left out" even though she knows in her head that she's not...if that makes sense. She's afraid that by the time it is her "turn", she'll be too old (at 30 ish, and she understands that that is somewhat irrational) and won't be able to get pregnant. So those kinds of issues are not necessarily things that would come up on a board like this one. And I know there are jealousy issues, even though in her head she knows that there shouldn't be, but having "her own" place where she can discuss this without me knowing/reading it would probably help a lot.

Thanks!
Kate
#6 of 17 Old 03-31-2010, 12:19 PM

My DP mentioned something along these lines last night. She's not feeling left our, but she would like to commiserate with other people whose partners are 11DPO and dreaming up pregnancy symptoms at every turn and generally obsessing and driving their partner nuts.

where's the board for THAT, she asks?

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#7 of 17 Old 04-01-2010, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

i think i'm going to encourage her to start a place to discuss these sorts of things and i will let y'all know where that is so you can tell DPs. unless one of your DPs start it first, then let me know so i can tell my DP.
thanks again, everyone!

#8 of 17 Old 04-07-2010, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

so my DP has just started a new thread on the sheknow's gay/lesbian board. here is a link:

http://talk.sheknows.com/f39/non-car...1/#post8527510

please tell your partners about it if they would have intrest in joining her.

#9 of 17 Old 04-07-2010, 11:08 PM

wehrli - Your DP sounds EXACTLY like my DP! I will share the link. Thanks!!

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#10 of 17 Old 04-08-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkearney1982 View Post
I will have to fwd this to my DW: we are TTC with me right now, and it seems to be an uphill battle due to previous cancer treatment. We do plan on having her carry the next child, but right now she's feeling "left out" even though she knows in her head that she's not...if that makes sense. She's afraid that by the time it is her "turn", she'll be too old (at 30 ish, and she understands that that is somewhat irrational) and won't be able to get pregnant. So those kinds of issues are not necessarily things that would come up on a board like this one. And I know there are jealousy issues, even though in her head she knows that there shouldn't be, but having "her own" place where she can discuss this without me knowing/reading it would probably help a lot.

Thanks!
Kate
Kate, I just had to share that DW carried our first and I'm pregnant now with our second. I'll be 38 when this one is born and it took 8 tries for DW to become pregnant. I absolutely had the thoughts that by the time it was my turn to ttc that I'd be too old since my mom went through menopause at 40. But, turns out I got pg on the first try, despite pcos! I this if she's 30 she really has nothing to worry about. That is still SO young! But, I do understand the feelings and they are unique to a situation with two moms who both want to carry.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#11 of 17 Old 04-12-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyPDX View Post
My DP mentioned something along these lines last night. She's not feeling left our, but she would like to commiserate with other people whose partners are 11DPO and dreaming up pregnancy symptoms at every turn and generally obsessing and driving their partner nuts.

where's the board for THAT, she asks?
That was me when we were TTC and my partner was the one carrying. I was the one charting everything and going nuts.

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
#12 of 17 Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 AM

I checked out that link, and that board looks super confusing. Has your DP posted anything on here?!

My DP is currently a very avid member on here. She loves this board and we talk about it frequently. We are trying for our first baby (her third) and I am overly giddy about all of it!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#13 of 17 Old 04-19-2010, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

sara, i agree with you that that board is kind of confusing... i finally figured out how to switch it to view like this one. however, i don't really like it there anyway. i am just partial to mothering.com. DP also doesn't really like it over there, but someone here had mentioned that her DP might like a place away from her partner and her posts. so my DP started over there, and just a few people commented... then we found out i was pregnant just a few days later. she has been checking that board occasionally, but she also has been lurking over here... she is too discouraged to start another thread over here not to mention she is fairly new to this whole chatting/threads thing. when i mentioned what you posted, she made a comment that she would probably participate if someone else started a group for DPs, she just didn't really have it in her to start another...

good luck!

#14 of 17 Old 04-19-2010, 11:58 AM

I'll send this link to my DW--I can't figure it out very well, but she might be able to!

Thanks,
Kate
#15 of 17 Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 PM

wehrli: where do you think I should start a thread?! I'd be happy to start one, chat with your DP and anyone else's too?!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#16 of 17 Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

my DP would love to participate on a thread here on mothering.com... if you build it, they will come.

#17 of 17 Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM

I'm on it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page