Queer Conceptions April 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-08-2010, 03:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kimlyn32- Congratulations!
So wonderful!

AFM- my temps rose a little but not into the 98's yet like it usually does. I'm relaxing and staying positive though.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

kimlyn, are you ready to be moved yet?? let me know...

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 AM

Well, I got my line this morning and the insemenation is scheduled for 1:30 this afternoon and then the wait begins. Ugh!! I'm so nervous this time~ I'm not afraid anything will go wrong, I'm just dreading the two long weeks with a bunch of crying and disappointment at the end. I must think positively, though, and keep my spirits up, go into it with a good attitude, etc. I've just been so disheartened lately, and have been so tortured (metaphorically speaking) by all the pregant and babied women in my life right now (another example: in my lovely Norman Rockwell style neighborhood, everyone is very friendly and neighborly except for one homophobe couple who have been nothing but nasty to us. I noticed this weekend that she's got a big baby bump and I just wanted to scream because those horrible people get a child and I don't yet). So, yes, I guess I just need a pre-2ww hug!

Who else has good news?! We've had so many positives, surely it's time for some more?

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 04-08-2010, 12:27 PM

LibraryLady - good luck! The best way not to obsess is to stay focused on work and other activities, don't come on the board every day and keep yourself busy. Think positive!

afm, checked my messages from yesterday this morning and lo and behold the dr's office had left me a vm at 11:30am yesterday saying congratulations I am indeed pregnant. My hcg is 162 and my progesterone is 10 (like last time) and to start taking prog pills. I go back Monday for blood and again next Thursday for ultrasound & blood.

Wehrli - you can move me! And I hope you'll be moving yourself too.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:51 PM

AmandaMom and Wehrli Your temps look great! Hang in there!
LibraryLady I don't mean to pry, but are you confident in your plan to do only one insemination on the day of the OPK positive? I'm now taking Brill's advice to heart--that a single IUI is really a long shot, especially if you don't know exactly when you ovulate in relation to the OPK pos. Is there any way you could add a second IUI? When I got pregnant w/my DD, I did IUIs two days in a row. I've now done two single IUIs with BFNs and am switching gears this month, doing two insems. I know that there is a lot of individual variation and that there are plenty of (recent!) success stories with a single IUI, but given how emotionally difficult this process has become for you, it just seemed worth asking. In the meantime, good luck with the IUI this afternoon!

Kimlyn For the beta! Best wishes for a peaceful and HEALTHY pregnancy!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:15 PM

AmandaH~ I'm not 100% confident in it but I'm 100% sure it's all I can afford. To tell everyone my business, the IUI office visits are $250. I would LOVE to do more, and was even racking my brain this morning as I looked at the peesticks as to any way we could manage more, but I honestly don't think we can. I was having a bitterness moment about it too, being jealous of the straight girls who can just start having more sex (though I guess also with a kd you could get more than one insem a day/days in a row as well). Thanks for the good thoughts, and I wish there was a way I could increase my odds, but I don't know of any, alas

Yay for KimLyn and I hope yay for Wehrli and for all the rest of us too. Thanks for the advice KimLyn, I'd like to think I'd stay off the message boards but I'll bet I don't...

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
AmandaH~ I'm not 100% confident in it but I'm 100% sure it's all I can afford. To tell everyone my business, the IUI office visits are $250. I would LOVE to do more, and was even racking my brain this morning as I looked at the peesticks as to any way we could manage more, but I honestly don't think we can. I was having a bitterness moment about it too, being jealous of the straight girls who can just start having more sex (though I guess also with a kd you could get more than one insem a day/days in a row as well). Thanks for the good thoughts, and I wish there was a way I could increase my odds, but I don't know of any, alas

I understand completely, Amanda/LibraryLady. The midwife who does our IUIs charges $300, and part of the reason I'm not doing one this month is simply to save money. With a long-distance KD, though, we are fortunate to have the option of doing "fresh" insems (though between the kits and the shipping, it will still cost around $250 to do two insems). I had been doing one fresh and one IUI, but it is really expensive! Brill suggests that rather than paying for one IUI/month, women consider doing two IUIs every other month. I think that this would be hard, emotionally, but perhaps not any harder than month after month of BFNs, if a single IUI just isn't doing the trick. Is there any way you could add a vag insem at home? You'd still be paying for the swimmers, but at least you wouldn't have the IUI cost, and you'd be upping your coverage significantly. (And I think we all understand about those moments of bitterness about straight women's easy access to the goods. I certainly do. It can really get to you.) Just food for thought. Here's hoping that this afternoon's IUI is the last one you'll need!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

just got my beta results back...

hcg = 68

progest = 37

2nd beta scheduled for tomorrow...

LET'S KEEP THEM COMING!!!!!!!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 04-08-2010, 06:09 PM

Yay! Wehrli!!!! fingers crossed for sticky bean for you!

& Yay to Kimlyn too!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Congrats Kimlyn and Wherli !!!

I am very happy for you both ! and quite sad actually that we didnt get to try this month, it sure seems to have been a good one around here !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 04-08-2010, 06:35 PM

YAY WEHRLI!!!!!!!!!

I knew you would be joining me!

Good luck to everyone else trying this month!

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Congrats Kimlyn and Wherli !!!

Wahooooo!!!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Old 04-08-2010, 07:07 PM

just dropping in to say BIG CONGRATS to all the new bfps! woohoo! spring is surely making everyone super fertile!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 04-08-2010, 07:11 PM

Hello all! I usually post in the Single Mothers by Choice and the TTC #1 in Our 30's threads but I've heard such great things about you all that I'd like to join you too! I identify as queer, specifically bisexual, I'm 32 and TTC my first kid as a solo mom. And I love run-on sentences

afro.jpg TTA #1 through the Foster Care system

10/12 - Orientation

10/12 - Accepted into Foster Family Agency

02/13 - Finished the paperchase
03/13 - Homestudy completed
03/13 - Matching phase

Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Newbian, Welcome! i will add you to our roll call, what part of your cycle are you in? if you would like i will post your chart next to your name, just post a link. i hope your stay here is short and sweet!!! Good Luck!!!!

Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 PM

Wehrli! Eek! I'm so excited for you! Hooray!!!!!

Newbian Mama: Welcome! This is a great time to be joining the thread--we're having all sorts of exciting news these days!

LibraryLady: I'm with you on the cost being insane. Here they charge $400 to do each IUI, and my insurance won't cover any of it because I don't have a male partner. BUT more importantly, I hope that your insemination went well, and that the spermies are happily on their way to meet your egg. This seems like the month to get a bfp around here--hopefully it is the month for you!

MaxK: I hope your funny temps are a great sign!

AFM: 11dpo. I don't feel especially pregnant (and I got a bfn this morning), but I'm hoping that all the fantastic bfp energy around here will let me join the fun too! Please?

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 PM

HOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay Wehrli!!! Such excitement~ such wonderful news! This is a great new streak~ let's keep it up!!! Does this mean you will be leaving us as moderator? That would be sad, though understandable.

Welcome Newbian~ I love love love your Star Wars pups!!

Amanda H and Escher~ nice to know I'm not alone in this extortionate nightmare! My sweetie is English and if we lived in London we'd be married and be getting our IUI paid for by the NHS (some of the big reasons we'll end up there once she's done with her PhD I'm sure!). But everything went well today. I'm very confident about the timing~ this is my 4th try and I do feel like I really understand what my body is doing now, so we've done all we can and the wait begins. Still, this is pleasant company to wait in and it seems like we're having a streak, so maybe I'll catch some of it!!

Escher~ I'm glad you and your DP liked the notwithoutmyhandbag names list. It's one of the funniest things I've ever read!

Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 PM

Oh my word, all the BFP's are astounding me! What a wonderful streak! Congratulations kimlyn and wehrli!

Newbian: Welcome! I lurk over at SMBC, and I've seen your posts there. This is quite the lovely group.

escher:

library: It does suck, doesn't it? It's just not fair that they get them without even trying!

AFM: Planning insems Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It'll be fun (sarcasm hat firmly on head)--working Sunday night, driving to KD's house (3 hours away) after work Monday morning with insem #1 that night. Then driving back up to Charlotte (2 hours) to spend the night with a friend because I have a class in Winston-Salem (1 hour 20 minutes) at 8:30 Tuesday morning. After class ends, driving back down to Clemson (3 hours 15 minutes) for another insem Tuesday night, and a last one Wednesday morning before coming back to Boone to work Wednesday night. Whew. This had better work! Here's hoping the watch starts my countdown Friday night like I'm thinking it will...

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
Old 04-08-2010, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

thank you everyone for the congrats and well wishes!!! we are still in shock, of course.

i will continue to thread-keep until the month is through.
so that means, we will need a new keeper for may... who wants the lucky job??

FX that i'm not the last BFP this month...

Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 PM

wehrli - Thank you for the warm welcome. I can't believe all the BFPs this month, I hope there are more to come! I am currently waiting to O, which will be during the latter part of the month.

escher12, LibraryLady, chiquitayy - Thank you all for the warm welcome. This looks like such an exciting group! LibraryLady, I am just realized the dogs were dressed in Star Wars costumes The avatar was given to me by a mod over in the "Does Everyone Have Avatars Who Want Avatars" thread. I thought they were just smartly dressed pups

ETA: CONGRATULATIONS to all the newly pregnant mamas!

10/12 - Orientation

03/13 - Matching phase

Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 PM

LibraryAmanda - Here's your pre-2WW hug! I totally understand where you're coming from. I often wish it were as easy for us to get pregnant as it is for prom-night teenagers.
Now that we're TTC, I'm also noticing a lot more BABY everywhere I go: Pregnant women and babies are everywhere I look!
Oh, it costs us $350 for each IUI, and an extra $50 if it's on the weekend. Plus $560 a vial. Yikes! And those vials are SOOO tiny! Needless to say, we are also only doing one IUI per cycle.
I have to say, I'm not sure I could stay away from this thread, either... but I don't think it makes me obsess more, I think it helps me to obsess less, actually! I need you people!
It sounds like your timing was great; and I will cross my fingers for you until we hear your good news! This is our month!

AmandaHope - I've decided, since we are having so many BFP's this month, that you and Library and I must be a part of it. I hope you're ready! Amanda power!

Wehrli - I am so incredibly happy for you and DP! You deserve this! I just know you'll have a great pregnancy. It pretty much makes these past several months all worth it, huh?! A million congrats!

Newbian Mama - Hey there stranger! Glad to see you jumping in. Hopefully all the baby dust floating around this board rubs off on ya!

Max - I love your positive attitude. Keep it up! My fingers are still crossed tight for you, hon!

escher - I don't feel particularly pregnant, either. Up until today I felt so certain I was, but I have my doubts today for some reason. I'm feeling pretty Zen about the whole thing, though... If I'm not pregnant then it just isn't the time for us, etc. But I REALLY HOPE I AM! haha

chiquitayy - That sounds like quite an ordeal you've got planned! I'm sure your timing will be perfect. Three insems should certainly do the trick.

AFM, nothing new to report. Temps went down a bit today, but not a lot. I think I feel a little crampy... Is 9dpo too late for implantation? Either way, I'm testing tomorrow. You all will be first to know the results, after DP of course! I've got it in my head that even if it's negative that doesn't mean I'm not pregnant, and it isn't over until AF shows up, and even then it's just the beginning of a whole new cycle to try again.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 04-08-2010, 10:53 PM

I have everything crossed for you and I'm sending positive thoughts your way! Your positive attitude is infectious

If I needed any references to join this group, I was going to use you and Monarchgrrl

10/12 - Orientation

03/13 - Matching phase

Old 04-08-2010, 11:28 PM

Wehrli!!!! Yay! I had a feeling for you this month! You were just so zen...no symptoms...just thought it was the time. I'm thrilled for you! :rotflm ao:tipha t

AmandaMom OK! You're on! Let's make this a three Amanda BFP month! You are first--good luck with test #1 tomorrow!
AFM, I'm feeling pretty good about this cycle. I'm using the monitor this month, so I'm much less stressed (although that's easy to say at cd 10 ). I'm also ditching the IUI and going for two fresh-through-the-mail insems with my KD's newly tested super-duper swimmers. I just have a better feeling about fresh, given that I really don't know when exactly I O (might be as much as 48 hrs post OPK positive), and since the cost of the IUI stresses me out. Also, if I do get pg this month, I'll have to use up my sick days (no paid FMLA for me!) during winter break; in other words, it would be really not-ideal timing...which probably makes it all the more likely. I'm happy, of course, to work my schedule around this baby, whenever it cares to join me/us. So I'm optimistic for this new approach and for this beautiful month of fertility and new life.

Escher Sorry about the BFN--hopefully (like for the others this month), it is just too early.

Newbian Welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet, as they say!

Old 04-09-2010, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!! THIS BOARD HAS BEEN FRUITFUL AS OF LATE!!

afu - 7dpo over here. DP has been very sleepy and there has been cramping that feels very much so like ovulation. i'm cautiously optimistic. we have been down this road so many times before. but it just keeps on feeling like this has to be the month... half way there.

giggle - mommy to GP born 3.16.09 and parter to liberty (GP's mama). hoping to have 2 under 2 in the very near future via DP's ute!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:28 AM

Quick note to say hooray for validation! Woke up this morning to a watch saying Fertile Day 1! Let the roadtrip commence as planned! Well, on Monday, anyway...

for AMom and giggle! And everyone else, for that matter!

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
Old 04-09-2010, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

chiquitayy, hooray for validation!! isn't it a great feeling when you can predict your fertile time?! good luck with your insems early next week, sounds like you will be busy... try and stay relaxed.

giggle, FX for you and your DP...

AHope, i loved my monitor... i hope it works well for you! sounds like you have a new outlook... and that's great!!!

AMom, 9 dpo is not too late for implantation.... i'm pretty sure it can happen all the way up to the end... if you look at my chart, i had a temp dip at 10dpo and i would swear this was implantation! i felt off that whole day and i had been chalking it up to PMS but alas, it was not! i felt crampy 9 dpo through 12 dpo... FX for you!!!

afm, thanks again everyone! i have another beta this morning and will find out this afternoon... i am feeling quite confident about this although i will feel better once i hear about the doubling...

Old 04-09-2010, 10:53 AM

I am TOTALLY READY for the 3-Amanda-Month! We'll get our Power of Three mojo working again and hopefully make some magic!

My temp went up today just like I hoped it would. I spent all yesterday evening lying on the couch with my legs over the arm, so I hope those swimmers swam all the way up in there! Thanks for all the hugs and good thoughts. These weeks are LONG but hopefully there's goodness at the end of it.

Chiquitayy~ good luck to you! That is quite a session you have planned, but it does sound like it has possibilities, since you're sure doing a lot of insems. Yesterday in the doc's office my sweetie and I were speculating about sperm banks and the 'helpful magazines' they provide for the donors. Being a librarian, I was wondering if they subscribe to these mags, and if so, how do they choose what they subscribe to? Do they take donations? It was making us laugh really hard, the nurses kept looking at us.

AmandaH, you're right about noticing a lot more baby~ I see preggo women everywhere I go, it seems like many more than before, though it can't possibly be. Maybe soon we'll be a part of it!

Newbian~ I know Princess Leia when I see her

Good luck and good wishes to us all!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

library, sounds like you had a relaxing afternoon! FX that those swimmers made it all the way up there and you will have great news in 2 weeks!! i'm thinking of you... i know how hard it can be when there are so many bfps going on... i mean, really, it's very hard. but i hope you get to jump on this train! and just about being concerned about only doing one insem... i did only one this round and couldn't even rest afterwards... i went straight to work after only 10 minutes on the doctors table! and it still worked!!! FX that these 2 weeks fly by!!

Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 PM

Thanks Wehrli, your success story is heartening. I do want to jump on this love train for sure!

Old 04-09-2010, 02:29 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for a while, so I thought I'd finally join you all and hopefully get some luck .

About me: I'm Lauren, 32, and TTC #1. DP (T) and I have been together for 10 years. I'm an attorney (meh...) and DP is a geologist (which she loves!). We started this crazy TTC journey last year, with our first attempt in July.

We've been doing at-home insems with frozen swimmers. So far, no success. With the exception of one really crazy long anovulatory cycle last May (which was when we'd planned on starting) and one very unfortunately-timed stomach virus with high fever on days 13-17 of one cycle, my charts have looked great, and we've had (seemingly) good timing for insems.

This is my third month on Clomid. Although I ovulate without meds, my progesterone was (kinda) low at 11.1, so my Dr. thought it would help. It has helped to raise my progesterone level (20.5), but still no luck.

Today is day 13 of my cycle, and I almost always ovulate on day 15. Swimmers arrived this morning, so we're just waiting for the +OPK at this point.

I've been lurking for so long because I tend to be very obsessive about TTC and am especially crazy in the TWW...I thought if I stayed away from the boards I'd be less obsessive. LOL! It will be good to have the support and advice of all of you!

Lauren

Lauren and DP together since 1999; ttc #1 since 6/2009 with no luck yet.

User Tag List