Queer Conceptions April 2010 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2010, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Library Lady- stay positive! I'm sending good vibes your way lady, and fx for you!
Here, this can never hurt

QOTD-
I've been taking a prenatal vitamin for over a year. I also take an extra B complex and D. I take Shatavari root as prescribed by my acupuncturist. I have been seeing her for three months and this was my first cycle trying after beginning treatment. I have been a vegetarian since I was 18, and I have recently cut out soy (to decrease estrogen levels) and increased my other bean intake. Every morning after showering, I put lotion on and give my belly some extra rubs. (I was on a preg tea and vitex, but have gone off them since my cycles became more odd).

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 04:41 PM

Oh yes, thanks all for reminding me. I've also been taking prenatal vitamins for quite a while now. I've never been a regular vitamin-taker and I was kinda hoping they would help my dry, crack-y fingernails, but no...

Day 10, still barfy...

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 04-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Day 16 still no +OPK, but I feel like my CM is ideal. We may go ahead and inseminate tonight, as Im trying to be better about listening to my body, and I've never had a +OPK past day 16 in two years. If my CM looks good, and so does my CP, we're gonna go for it. (also, this will be like the 4th time this sample has gone back and forth and I just cant do it again!)

I've been on Tandem Plus Prenatal with DHA for almost two years. I also supplement with B12. I only have my one cup o joe in the morning, and no other caffeine. I cut out alcohol for at least the two weeks between my period and ovulation. The cycles Ive done Clomid (4) Ive done the generic mucinex thing to help my CM. No soy, more spinach, oysters, fruits & veggies etc. At least the prenatal DOES help my hair & nails a lot...

Chunking bags of baby dust on us all

Feeling less angry about everyone else's babies & pregnancies today (LOL) Obvioulsy, Im extremely happy for them, just anxious for my turn.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM

Miss Scarlet - I think going with CM is a fine idea if OPK is going to be like that. You might just have a short window to test, it may be that you'd have to test every time you tinkle to catch it, but CM is all the signal used when trying for DD.

Library Lady - I"m with you on not getting my hopes up. I'm more of a murphy's law kid. If it would be somehow bad timing, I'll hit it then. Nursing a sunburn during the TWW with DS I said, I'm never using a blond donor again. Totally stuck. Don't remember with DD, I think I found out about KDs allergies.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 PM

Seraf, Im definitely testing twice a day... (if not more *sheepish grin*), but Im wondering if maybe Im not having enough of a surge to be detectable as a surge? Does that make sense? If I dont have a BFP this time, Im really looking forward to using the saliva sensor and not having to pee on so many freakin sticks!!!!

Library Lady All appendages crossed for you!!!

Universe: Would it kill ya to give us a little bit of clarity here?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 PM

Miss Scarlett, I've never once had a +OPK. Ever. So after I finish what I have stashed, I'm not buying any more. I don't know if it's timing or if my surge isn't detectable, or short, or in the middle of the night, or what! Bah!

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 AM

Miss Scarlett--after an incredibly frustrating two cycles with unreliable OPK results, I bought a Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor (which several people on the board, including Wehrli, use). It was so much better! I still used to OPKs this month, and (it figures) this month I did get a clear OPK positive. But the monitor measures changes in your own personal hormone levels, instead of comparing you to some abstract threshold. Also--I got my OPK positive with first morning urine this cycle, and since I had a negative OPK at 10pm the night before, that means that my LH surge started over night. Even though most women supposedly surge during mid-day, it might be worth trying fmu, if you haven't already. Finally, I know that different tests have radically different sensitivity levels. I get my in bulk for cheap at northwest andrology (online); and they are about as sensitive as they get.

Max UGH!

Library 10 dpo! You are almost there! Are you really going to wait until Friday to test?

Burg Early am queasiness--I'd be encouraged by than unpleasant sign!

QOTD--I take Rainbow Light prenatals, have a cup of fertility tea every night, and take 2 vitex capsules each day. I also restrict to one cup of coffee a day (max) and try to replace coffee w/green tea whenever possible. I have a few glasses of wine each week until O and then cut it out until AF. The cocktail party I went to last night was, therefore, rather boring .
I want to do acupuncture but haven't been able to overcome the obstacles of money and time. I do yoga once/week at least, though I really should be doing it every day. I find it deeply relaxing and peace-inducing, and it helps me avoid aches and pains of various kinds...although it didn't help my right wrist, which I managed to strain from spending 3 hours digging up dandelions yesterday! Finally, I use progesterone cream, which adds a day to my lame 10-day LP.

Night, all!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 AM

aaaaaand we missed it. My cervix was completely closed & not good CM. I CANT BELIEVE WE HAVE TO SEND IT BACK AGAIN!

AmandaHope, Yeah, I've been using the Clear Blue Easy Monitor for about a year, and then supplementing with the smiley face ones throughout the day. I can start with the OvaCue saliva sensor on the second day of my next cycle.

We decided to pick a new donor so that we don't have to have the pressure of a one insemination one vial month next month.

I'm gonna go have a drink & a breakdown.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:45 AM

Oh no! Sorry Miss Scarlet! I wishing you a well timed, straight forward cycle next month!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 AM

Thanks so much Burg, ME TOO!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM

Oh Scarlett, I'm so sorry! How irritating and frustrating!! I wish I knew what to recommend, but you seem to be doing everything you possibly can. Big hugs to you both, and I agree 100% with your call for some clarity!!

I need a pep talk~ I'm fussing about my temps again. It went up a bit yesterday, then back down lower again today, not below the coverline, but I was hoping it'd keep going up. I know it's been cold in the bedroom, especially once my DP the cover hog and Harley the coverhog cat take up their portion of the blankets, which usually leaves me with my butt hanging out, but it just makes me feel hopeless. I'm at the 'feeling hopeless' part of my 2ww, a feeling not helped by the fact that the last three tries have in fact actually BEEN hopeless. I'm not so queasy this morning either, so that adds to the hopeless feeling. So I'm all frowns this morning and need a hug if you have a moment.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 04-19-2010, 10:32 AM

Great big hugs for you, Library Lady Don't lose hope!!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 04-19-2010, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

library, don't loose hope!!! i had a temp dip at 10dpo and look where i am... FX for you!!!!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 AM

Aww, thanks ladies~ such a quick turnaround time on these hugs! I appreciate it, and I appreciate your personal positive experience, Wehrli. It's 11 dpo and I guess I could start testing, but I'm going to wait until later in the week. I just don't want to see the negatives unless I absolutely have to!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

library, i hear ya on the early testing and seeing bfns... i still haven't POAS!!! can you beleive it?! i'm still too scared to see that stark white spot that i saw all of those times...

Best of Luck!!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 AM

Hugs to Library lady and Miss Scarlet.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 04-19-2010, 11:07 AM

That's funny, Wehrli! If I were as sure as you, I'd go buy a box of sticks and pee on all of them just to look at the lines. I'd get some of those cruel digital ones too, just to get to see PREGNANT on it.

In other pregnant news, my DP has two friends from childhood who are married and now live in the North of England. She is about to have a baby, like, any day now, and due to the volcanic ash cloud, he's unable to fly home from Atlanta GA where he had to go for work. They're both frantic, and she says she's keeping her fingers and legs crossed that he'll get home soon. How nerve-wracking!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
aaaaaand we missed it. My cervix was completely closed & not good CM. I CANT BELIEVE WE HAVE TO SEND IT BACK AGAIN!

AmandaHope, Yeah, I've been using the Clear Blue Easy Monitor for about a year, and then supplementing with the smiley face ones throughout the day. I can start with the OvaCue saliva sensor on the second day of my next cycle.

We decided to pick a new donor so that we don't have to have the pressure of a one insemination one vial month next month.

I'm gonna go have a drink & a breakdown.
Oh...so much for that advice. I'm sorry. Does that mean that you never get a Peak on your monitor? How incredibly frustrated you must be! I think that switching donors so that you can have multiple vials will really help. That way, you can always do one and then wait and do another if the time still seems right. UGH.

And here's a for Library. Btw, I take it that you don't chart on FF?

AFM, nothing to report at 3dpo, except the small satisfaction of the bright red line on FF right where I wanted it.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM

AmandaH~ Yes I do chart on ff, why do you ask? It's stubbornly refusing to give me any useful info, though, except for the fact that my temp's still above the coverline, and that we did the insem on the right day.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
AmandaH~ Yes I do chart on ff, why do you ask? It's stubbornly refusing to give me any useful info, though, except for the fact that my temp's still above the coverline, and that we did the insem on the right day.
I'm just nosy! When you mentioned that your temp had dropped, I went to find your chart and didn't see the link on the first page of the thread.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Hmmm, I guess the link's not there. Here you go

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

I'm in there under daisyviolet, so if you need/want to look at it, I'd love your input!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:46 PM

I have been Posty-McPosterson since joining last week but I guess it is better than being in my head and over analyzing everything even more so than I am.

I am at 6dpo and am experiencing/have experienced: nausea, dizziness, heightened sense of smell, sore breasts, intense cravings (for things I do not typically like), sweet smelling urine, bloating, headaches, and I need to pee constantly. I have joked to DW that I think I am having a hysterical (imagined) pregnancy. I mean really, I think it is too early for most of these symptoms.

8 days until I test & If I am not pregnant () I will have to wonder WTH is going on with my body!!

What early symptoms are/have you experienced?

Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

Here's a link. I'm in there under the 'code name' daisyviolet, if that helps your search. I'd love to know what you think!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post

I am at 6dpo and am experiencing/have experienced: nausea, dizziness, heightened sense of smell, sore breasts, intense cravings (for things I do not typically like), sweet smelling urine, bloating, headaches, and I need to pee constantly. I have joked to DW that I think I am having a hysterical (imagined) pregnancy. I mean really, I think it is too early for most of these symptoms.

What early symptoms are/have you experienced?
Hey, the more posts, the more the rest of us can enjoy being distracted.
That is a SERIOUS list of symptoms! I *really* hope that they are the real thing! I have heard of people experiencing symptoms as early as 6dop. Here's hoping!

No symptoms here! I'm only 3 dpo, but even with my DD, I really had no symptoms at all until about 8 weeks. The only sign was high temps, starting around 4-5 dpo.

Library--you have to create your homepage (from the menu on the left of the FF screen), and then create a link to your homepage. That's the only way others can see it.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM

AmandaH~ thanks for the tip, I've been charting a while but haven't tried to share it before. And here's an extra hug for only being on day 3. UGH!

burg~ that is a serious list of symptoms, especially the smell and the boob soreness! It is early, but not out of the question. Fingers crossed for you!!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:57 PM

Burg, wow! All those symptoms have to mean something, right?

I'm also 6DPO, and have no symptoms. At all. Ugh, I hate the TWW!

Lauren and DP together since 1999; ttc #1 since 6/2009 with no luck yet.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:21 PM

to everyone in the TWW!

I'm still spotting lightly and waiting for AF to come on so I can start the next cycle.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 04-19-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post
Read all those books and watched all those shows too!! Definitely the age. I am 30 and my DW is 29. Love all that 80s stuff! I even have classic 80s toys stashed away for the kiddos.
Ooh, what do you have, a slinky, a Rainbow Brite doll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

New question of the day, because I like asking questions (again, if anyone else wants to ask, I will not). What are you doing, besides inserting sperm into your reproductive tract at hopefully the right time, to get your body ready for conception and pregnancy? Suppliments? Diet? Accupuncture? Visualization? Fertility dances? Cough syrup (this was all the rage when I was TTC with DS, is anyone taking cough syrup?)? Exercise? Stress relief? Anything I'm missing?
Great question!

I've never heard of a fertility dance but I will look into that. I use visualization and meditation on a daily basis so I just add to that. Last night I had a vision that I was sitting naked on the floor holding a naked, wet baby. I looked like I had been through the ringer and I was HAPPY Other than that I take supplements and exercise. I've thought about doing acupuncture if I'm still TTC in 6 months.

burg - That's a lot of symptoms! I hope the time passes quickly until you can test.

LibraryLady - I can't see your page! Do you have your homepage set up so that only you can view it?

lauren726 - for the 2ww. Not everyone has symptoms, some people don't even know they're pregnant until months have passed.

maxK - Onward and upward, right? I hope the next cycle is the one.

AFM - I'm on CD18 and should O this weekend. I have long cycles so this is totally normal for me.

afro.jpg TTA #1 through the Foster Care system

10/12 - Orientation

10/12 - Accepted into Foster Family Agency

02/13 - Finished the paperchase
03/13 - Homestudy completed
03/13 - Matching phase

Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM

LibraryLady---Keep your chin up! Temps are so fickle, Im sure the cat absorbed all of your heat! Looking forward to good news from you soon!

AmandaHope-- Looking back at my charts, 3-4 cycles a year I don't get a peak on my Fertility Monitor. Based on a couple of day 21 progesterone levels, I ovulated, just never got the +OPK. That's why I was so excited to find the saliva one....and Im getting better at recognizing the physicals signs of ovulation, but it was a "you snooze you lose" kinda month. The time that we did get a BFN, we did three insems (a little overkill but...) one 12 hrs post +OPK, one 24 hrs, and one 36 hrs. At least then we give ourselves a better window (and eat beans and ramen for a month after the $1600)

Im feeling better today, I suppose having resigned myself to the planning phase again, Im the girl who needs a plan.

Looking forward to happy news from y'all soon!!

Old 04-19-2010, 05:20 PM

Newbian RAINBOW BRITE!!!! LOVE IT! I was going to be her for Halloween last year, but Im a six foot sasquatch girl, and the little skirt didnt even come *close* to covering my tail!

User Tag List