May Queer Conceptions 2010 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-21-2010, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
korey- Congratulations Korey! It's about time we got a BFP here! Yippee!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 07:07 PM

Congrats Korey!!!

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 05-21-2010, 09:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

Korey! Hooray! Congratulations! What terrific news!

Newbian Mama: When are you testing? I'm ready to celebrate you too!

Coco: How exciting that you're about to inseminate! I hope they go beautifully. It's nice you have the confirmation that your timing is good.

Seraf: I love your baby dream. Your dream solution of old t-shirts and luna pads as diapers is certainly creative!

Burg: I'm sorry that your cycle is so confusing right now. Do you have any theories on why you were having cramps?

LibraryLady: Your plan of maternity leave that morphs into summer break sounds like perfect timing!

AmandaHope: The to reduce or not to reduce question about multiples (especially higher order multiples) is the reason that my wife and I plan never to use clomid. I'm the one who would argue for reduction (I've worked with too many kids who were premature babies), but my wife wouldn't be comfortable with that. So we're planning to avoid meds that would increase our chance of multiples. I think other people had more encouraging answers, and I'm sure you'll make the best choice for you.

AFU: We did the second and third IUIs today, and they both went fine. I'm feeling happy with our timing right now--I have no idea if it will work or not, but I'm glad that we managed to do three IUIs and that we managed to time them a little earlier than we did our previous two cycles.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 05-21-2010, 10:06 PM

Hi Everyone!!!
I'm so excited to tell you all this story...

So yesterday morning when I saw my temp dip, I really thought I was out. I had myself a good cry for a while, came to terms with it, and then moved on. It was so emotional that DP and I decided to leave work early and take the dogs hiking. That always makes me feel better.

Before we left, though, I got hit with some HEAVY fatigue. And when we were hiking, I felt like I was walking through the Amazon jungle. I was SO HOT! I also felt like it was humid. DP kept saying, "Honey, it's a beautiful day and it's neither hot nor humid!" Finally, last night, I suddenly noticed a weird metallic taste in my mouth. Before we went to bed, I said to DP, "I know I thought I was out of it, but I'm starting to think I might be pregnant."

Oh, BTW, those awful cramps I was having suddenly stopped yesterday morning. Poof! Gone. Nothing. That was another clue. Oh, and the feeling like I'm in a hot and humid rain forest has NOT gone away, but I'm fine with it. It's a small price to pay!

So this morning, I knew. While I was taking my temp, I said to myself "It doesn't matter what my temp is, I know I'm pregnant." After temping (it was high, btw), I went and took a Dollar Store test. In about 3 minutes, I woke up DP by yelling "Honey, get the hell up, I think I see a faint line!!!" DP doesn't see it. So then I take a First Response test, and while the line is faint, it's there!

So DP has the brilliant idea (which I never would have even thought of because I was so excited) to call the doc and get a blood draw. I went in this morning and got the results this afternoon. The nurse said "You are 100% pregnant!" I see the RE on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, even though I'm not leaving the forum just yet (and I will definitely keep stopping by when I do), there are two things I want to say to all of you:

1. THANK YOU! This forum has been invaluable to me. It's great to hear about other people's experiences and get other opinions. But even more than that, you all have been SO positive and SO supportive! I feel very fortunate to have found you all.

2. Don't let ANYONE tell you that you can't do this! Age, O problems, LPD, whatever! People told me that I was too old (34), that a 27 day cycle was infertile, and that ICIs at home were a waste of time and money. I am so effing thrilled to prove them all wrong!! Sometimes an FU attitude is exactly what you need.

Thanks again to everyone for being such great "friends" and confidants through this process. I can't wait for each and every one of you to be pregnant with me!!!

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
Old 05-22-2010, 12:10 AM

Korey - What a great story. I'm so happy for you! And on your 2nd try, that is amazing! It was just meant to be.

AFM, Yesterday DP and I took a day trip to Bald Head Island, which is about an hour's drive and a 25-minute ferry ride. It's a cute little island with huge beaches, and it's very private. There are no cars allowed on the island, so we did what everyone else does: rented a golf cart! We drove it to the beach, walked along the shore for about 1/2 a mile, then set up our picnic. We ate lunch after a quick dip in the ocean. There wasn't a soul in sight, and the weather was perfect. As we were relaxing after eating our PB&J's, DP said she had a question for me. She busted out a tiny jewelry box and got all shaky. I knew what was coming and teared up immediately. Yup, she proposed! It was very sweet and made for a perfect day. We plan to elope in Massachusetts on August 5th, when we'll have been together for exactly 4 years. After much hugging and kissing, we went for a very long walk along the shore. We were supposed to be looking for shells and coral, but I couldn't stop staring at the ring on my finger. It's white gold with an alexandrite stone that changes color depending on the lighting. It's very beautiful. We are so in love!

TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 05-22-2010, 08:04 AM

AmandaMom! Congratulations! What a perfect proposal.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 05-22-2010, 08:55 AM

Korey ! Whoohoo ! Congrats !!! Wishing you a sticky bean and a healthy baby ! Hopefully you are one of many more to come in the next few days and weeks !

flip

AmandaMom !!! Yay ! Congrats on getting engaged ! Cheers !

As for us, we are off to do our first IUI this month so I guess we can be moved to waiting to know !

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 05-22-2010, 10:07 AM

Congrats again, AmandaMom! That proposal sounds so perfect Where in MA are you getting married?

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 AM

congrats amandamom!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 PM

Korey! YAY! :tw othumbs
So happy for you! Also, your story this month is inspiring--I've been thinking that what you did is exactly what I need to do: get an RE's help in getting the timing JUST RIGHT, but have faith in our bodies to ovulate and conceive when that timing is right. I'm so happy for you! Best wishes for a healthy, easy 9 months.

And AmandaMom--congrats on your engagement!

What a lovely morning to check MDC!

Ok, Newbian--you're next! It is the weekend, right? Hint, hint!

Coco--Good luck with those insems! Three IUIs sounds fabulous!

AFM, I'm off to get my blood drawn for the FSH. Here's hoping I don't get any nasty surprises there... (I took an over the counter FSH test two months ago, and it was fine, so I'm not really worried, but...you never know!)

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Congrats Korey and AMom!!!

I have no Internet except for my phone until Wednesday, so I'll be reading but likely not posting much. Just had to congratulate!

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Hey everyone !

Wow... so much to read... i cant keep up !

Escher, thanks for asking about me ! We are doing ok I guess... DP went for an Ultrasound yesturday after taking clomid from cd 3-7 and she had two 14mm follies... we are scheduled for IUI on friday and saturday mornings, with hopefully two mature 18mm follies. Hopefully that should improve our chances this month !

I have been away giving training since monday in a native american community up north (very very up north lol). I am exhausted from the trip back and I am going to BED. I should be around more in the next few days !

Hugs to everyone !

Coco
xxx
Fingers crossed! I hope you get to rest up and those two follies are ready to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
I suppose I sound more down in the dumps than I really am, Im *DO* have confidence in the saliva OPK, and I think it will be super effective in conjunction with the others. We had decided not to insem this month (as we were about to kill each other), so it was good month to do a trial run.

Can I ask everyone a question? Do you notice a difference in your relationship the months you insem? We fight like cats and dogs the whole week before insemination. I suppose its a combination of the stress, my obsession, work, etc, but IT'S KINDA KILLING ME.

In other wonderful news, we got sued. It's crazy, frivolous, and going to be a nightmare.

So now, I suppose I AM down in the dumps.
We definitely were/are a little tense around the times we insem. This cycle was our first IUI, and first time in the doctor's office, and I confess it was easier to not fight, since it felt less like we were in charge. How odd that I am a control freak and yet I really liked not being in charge in that way.

Ack! Sued?! I'm sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Good Morning ladies~ A sunny warm day in the OK with no storm clouds on the horizon. Yay! And my DP comes back from NYC tonight (though her plane lands at 11:30 ugh!)

AFM~ Just a moment ago got off the phone with the RE nurse. I'm supposed to call at the very beginning of my next AF and we'll schedule the HSG test for the very end of the period. Since I'm just now finishing up, it'll be a month, but then maybe maybe maybe maybe maybe that'd be the one that'd work! I guess that'd probably put me in the range of a March/April baby, but I could totally deal with that. I'd be good, work wise, anyway. I'd get the three months maternity leave that would segue right into summer break. So I've decided this is what I want!! Looking forward to moving forward.
A perfect plan! I hope it works out exactly that way for you and DP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxK View Post
Miss Scarlett

Thank to everyone that congratulated me, BUT I am defending my proposal. It is only the first three chapters of my dissertation. After approval and a successful proposal defense I will have to do my research, then I can finish my dissertation. So, I'm not done yet but this summer will be easy. Research is fun. (Ok, back to work now.)
That's exciting! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post
While I've been up in Cleveland, y'all've been jumping!

Speaking of travel, I'm going to be out of town for a week next month if anyone wants a turn threadkeeping, let me know. If not, updates at the end will be a week late.

Random baby dream last night, obviously doesn't mean I'm pregnant: I had twin girls. Not like just gave birth to them, they were a couple of months old. For some reason I had to go to work on, like, no notice. DP was already at work. My mom recomended some woman to watch the girls for me. I started panicking. I had no diapers or pumped milk. I looked through all my diapers, had nothing waterproof (tho some very interesting diapers, now that I think about it - they were contours made from old michigan women's music festival shirts that had been dyed all kinds of colors and had stiched in inserts from luna pads). I realized I would have to buy a pack of disposables. And formula. I had 10 minutes, so I nursed them both. Then I took them to the bar next door while I took the babysitter to the store to get diapers and formula. I had no idea what to get, so I set off for work, but there was a rock slide, so she turned the SUV around (I drive a sub-compact, did I get an SUV to transport 4 kids?) and I took off crawling over the rocks to get to work.

That was it. I'm still laughing about the idea that I would even buy sposies. Honestly, the milk issue would be a real issue, but the diapers? Even tho I have no babies or diapers here, I would be fine for 14 hours if you dropped off 2 tiny babies at my house. Like, really fine. I have so much scrap cotton material and fleece and wool, I could have a whole stash (of flats) in 10 minutes. That is kind of scary, haha.

Wishing you all peace, joy and babies.
Seraf
That is an awesome dream. Wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Hey everyone !

Its good to be back and have time to check out the forum !!

As for us... we went for an ultrasound this morning and the follie was STILL THERE !! yay !!! It is now 20mm so it is ripe. I gave DP a trigger shot and we will do insems saturday morning and sunday morning. I feel better about the tioming than the other months because the follie is still there ya know ? Unfortunately, there is only one mature follie, the other ones didnt follow.

Well, have a great day everyone !

Coco
Fingers crossed! Go follie, go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey View Post
OMG...

BFP!
Woohooo!!! That's fantastic!!!! A healthy and happy nine months to you! Stick, baby, stick!

AFU: Our internet has been down for a few days, which was sort of a good thing, I did a lot of reading and wasted a lot less time. That being said, I'm glad it's back. The IUI went smoothly Wednesday morning, and I am feeling optimistic. Does the fact that there were two 20 or 22 (mm?) sized follicles mean I am more likely to conceive twins? We haven't been taking any fertility meds, but did have a trigger shot. I am petrified of twins, but at this point, would happily except whatever number of babies. I also feel really really good about our donor, all warm and fuzzy. He was actually our first choice back when we did our one and only frozen ICI, and he didn't have any unwashed units so we chose someone else. He seems really sweet and smart and goofy, so I'm glad we got to choose him this time. I even got to see some of the swimmers under the microscope, and you will all laugh at me, but I thought they were pretty adorable. Yeah, I guess I want a baby and there is some transfer there...

Okay, big chunks of baby dust to all!!!

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

Old 05-22-2010, 10:32 PM

escher - I'm glad to hear you squeezed in three IUI's this cycle! You're sure to get a BFP.

Coco - No disappearing follies this month certainly sounds promising. I hope the next couple of weeks go by quickly for you and DP!

Burg - I'm not sure where in MA we will get married. Have any suggestions?

Sarah - Hooray for warm fuzzy feelings about your donor! It's funny you thought the swimmers were cute.

AmandaHope - I'm sure your blood test results will be perfectly normal. What's it for? FSH? Like Follicle-stimulating hormone?

Thanks everyone for your congrats and kind wishes. I can honestly say I've never been happier.

TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 05-23-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMom View Post
AmandaHope - I'm sure your blood test results will be perfectly normal. What's it for? FSH? Like Follicle-stimulating hormone?
Yup, exactly. As ovarian reserve lowers, FSH goes up in the bloodstream. So for the nearing-or-past-35 set, FSH is a key test.

Library Very glad your IUI went well and that you are happy with your donor and his swimmers. I hope this is the cycle for you and your family!

Newbian?? What's up, girl?

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:02 AM

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS KOREY! THAT IS WONDERFUL! HERE'S TO A STICKY BEAN!

AmandaMom: HOW SWEET!!! What a lovely story! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 AM

P.S. Im BEAT tonight, but I promise Ill give yall the scoop on the lawsuit tomorrow

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 05-23-2010, 02:10 PM

I am incredibly excited, just bought a barely used toy kitchen @ a neighbor's yard sale for $5 and then saw the same one online for $90-$200! Also, I am picking up a ridiculous amount of maternity clothes from a friend tomorrow. Now I just need a reason for all of the items that I have acquired!

Let's hope Korey is just the beginning of a big wave of BFPS!! Thinking of you all!

Hope that you're all having a good weekend

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Hi Everyone,

Burg: Your toy kitchen sounds like fun, and maternity clothes are VERY exciting! Hopefully that will be a great hint to your body that you are all ready for a baby.

AmandaHope: How were your FSH results?

Newbian: I'm thinking about you!

Sarahcecile: I'm so glad that the IUI went well, and that you were able to use a donor you feel good about. How fun that the sperm were cute!

AmandaMom: Maybe you should go to western Mass (Northampton!), and you could get together with Lex and Papa and anyone else who lives in that area. But eastern Mass could be fun too! I hope you find somewhere terrific.

Coco: How did the IUIs go?

Korey: How does it feel so far being pregnant?

AFM: I'm feeling calm and hopeful. Our timing seems to have been great, so we'll see what happens! This is the first cycle that I have taken progesterone starting right after ovulation, and I'm sort of glad that it means I won't be able to obsess about my temps or any signs.

Old 05-23-2010, 03:31 PM

I've been laying low for a while, but:

CONGRATS KOREY!!!

CONGRATS AMANDAMOM!!!

AFU: AF has finally made her appearance, our donor called me Friday to let me know that his analysis came back normal (we don't have the official report yet, that's tomorrow) WHILE I was changing for a dr's appointment (not the most comfortable time to be talking about how "interesting" an experience it was trying to "perform" at the clinic...TMI, especially while I'm half naked), and I go in tomorrow for all new day 3 testing. We still haven't decided whether we're going to go more natural or medicated again. I got a little drunk last night and mentioned to our original KD that I haven't been able to have alcohol for a while, then this morning at church he was trying to be all sweet and stuff and touched my shoulder with this "knowing look" (I'm sure you all know "the one")...and that just made me cry and storm off. Ugh, men. Of course, he's probably thinking the same thing about women, lol.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:18 PM

AmandaMom - congratulations!! I'm typing on my phone so can't do the dancing veggies but know that I wanted to

AFM - BFN-AF=?
Still no AF signs of AF yet and two BFNs on a FRER and an IC. To be completely frank I have no idea what's going on with my body. Maybe I had an anovulatory cycle although my chart shows I did ovulate. I can't get a beta since I don't have insurance but what would be the point anyway. I'm just going to try to relax and think free-flowing thoughts in hops of AF showing up. Limbo sucks.

Sorry I didn't have a chance to read everyone's posts. I'll catch up when I post from th computer. Thank you all for thinking of me
Posted via Mobile Device

afro.jpg TTA #1 through the Foster Care system

10/12 - Orientation

10/12 - Accepted into Foster Family Agency

02/13 - Finished the paperchase
03/13 - Homestudy completed
03/13 - Matching phase

Old 05-23-2010, 06:23 PM

awww, newbian... i was so hopeful for you... and thinking of you in this time of confusion. i've heard of some things that are supposed to bring on menstration... parsley tea, fresh organic parsley up the ol' whoo-ha, and [up to] 6000mg of vitamin C a day. good luck.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 05-23-2010, 07:50 PM

Newbian s How incredibly confusing! I wish it were clearer what is going on with your body...sending wishes for clarity and fertility your way.

Thanks for the clomid thoughts, everyone.

Escher--I don't have the FSH results yet. Maybe tomorrow? Thanks for asking.

Burg--Fun! My DD loved her toy kitchen, probably from about age 2-6. At first, she just put the toy foods in the microwave, made beeping noises, and took them out again; then she got into serving us dinner; then, as she got older, she would make menus and set tables and get really elaborate about it. They are very versatile toys. I love the Melissa and David wooden foods, especially the ones that come in two pieces (held together with velcro) that the child can "cut." And the maternity clothes will be great! I just had a friend who bought a really expensive breast pump (Medela pump in style), and I assured her that when she was done, I'd buy it from her. But...a week after her baby was born, she found out that she can't nurse...at all. She has some kind of disorder that probably stems from taking birth control pills as a teenager...she has fatty tissue where her milk ducts should be! Poor thing. Anyway, I guess I should offer to buy the pump now...but it feels too early when I'm not even pregnant yet. UGH. Time to step up, I guess.

KKearney Is KD1 the same guy as your original donor? You shouldn't have so much donor drama, when ttc is already so stressful. It must be hard interacting with him so often (like at church). Have you seen the book, "And Baby Makes More?" It is all about known donor relationships--really thought-provoking, compelling reading.

I have three girls playing rock band in my living room. They are really sweet and spunky and fun...I love a house full of kids, though I also love when the others go home, and the chaos recedes. Why am I having another one, again?

Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Newbian: OMG, that would drive me nuts! I really was convinced you'd get a BFP...good luck getting everything figured out soon!

escher: be forewarned, the progesterone will MAKE you obsess, lol

AmandaHope: Good luck with the results--I'm very lucky that our clinic just takes a few hours to get results back to us. The KD that I was referencing at church was the original guy who decided that he wasn't comfortable donating (for a number of good reasons that he thought about for several weeks). He is a very, very good man, and was really trying to be supportive, being one of the few people who know what's going on, I was just having a crappy day and he unknowingly exacerbated that. The current KDs that we are debating between are people that we as a family do not interact with much--I see them once a week for a few months a year, but even then it's in a large group of people, so we can avoid the uncomfortableness, lol.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:23 AM

Sorry I've been gone for so long~ I've missed out on the excitement (and dancing veggies!) WAY TO GO KOREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW WONDERFUL for you and your DP!!!! That's amazing, and on your second try~ woohoo!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Newbian~ SO sorry! I was sure you'd be bfp too. Do figure out what's going on and let us know. In the meantime, big hugs!!! I'm not so sure about the parsley-up-the-coochie plan, but hey, whatever works...

AmandaM~ WOW on your engagement! How wonderful for you! What a sweet, romantic moment, and eloping to MA sounds ideal. Provincetown Honeymoon?

AFM~ Waiting impatiently. My AF just ended, I can't have my HSG test until the next one shows, so this cycle's just a waste. Mostly I just want the school year to end! Five more days!!

Sorry this is so short, wanted to give hugs in the right places. Back later xo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 PM

newbian - That sucks!!! I'm so sorry. In addition to wehrli's suggestions, I've used Burdock root to bring on AF before. But before doing that, I wonder if there's a clinic or something that could give you a cheap blood test, just to make sure?

amandamom - Yay! Congratulations!

amandahope - don't let them scare you about that FSH test! I'm sure you're absolutely fine!

escher and coco - Your charts look great in terms of insemination timing!

sarahcecile - my cycle monitoring revealed two 20mm follicles, and I wondered the same thing about twins! I guess I'll find out soon enough! (But I'm thinking no.)

Library - I hope this cycle is short and flies by!

Everyone - thanks for your continued congrats and good wishes! And make those babies so we can ALL move over to Queer and Pregnant together!!!

AFM - escher asked how it feels to be pregnant. Well... my bbs are SORE, I'm unbelievably tired by dinner time, I'm still getting "warm spells" where I feel like I'm walking through a rain forest, and I feel kinda slow and foggy a lot. In other words, it's great!!! I'm thrilled for every little sign and symptom. And I've been happy every single moment...except for during that Lost scene with Jack and Vincent last night!

I see the RE tomorrow. The nurse mentioned that he will want to do an ultrasound. And after a lot of thought about it this weekend, I think I'm going to decline the ultrasound. I'm only 4 weeks! And I don't like what I've read about the possible dangers of u/s in early pregnancy. Just like TTC, I don't want to medicalize things without any indication of a problem.

DP thinks it might be better to be considered "high risk" because I'd get better care. But my mom had a great point in response, which was that "better care" just translates into "more tests." And I think this would actually be more stressful for me.

Oh, BTW, my due date is February 1, 2011!

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
Old 05-24-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey View Post
I see the RE tomorrow. The nurse mentioned that he will want to do an ultrasound. And after a lot of thought about it this weekend, I think I'm going to decline the ultrasound. I'm only 4 weeks! And I don't like what I've read about the possible dangers of u/s in early pregnancy. Just like TTC, I don't want to medicalize things without any indication of a problem.

DP thinks it might be better to be considered "high risk" because I'd get better care. But my mom had a great point in response, which was that "better care" just translates into "more tests." And I think this would actually be more stressful for me.

Oh, BTW, my due date is February 1, 2011!
Hi, Korey. Of course, each to her own, but I completely agree with your impulse about early ultrasounds. I was only 26 with my DD and might do things a bit differently this time around, but I had only one ultrasound with her at 20 weeks. At that ultrasound, she kept turning her back to the ultrasound wand. It wasn't a coincidence--she did it about a dozen times, which drove the technologist crazy. My midwife at the time said that she saw that same thing all the time. There are no studies of how embryos/fetuses respond to ultrasounds. Everyone should do what makes him/her most comfortable, but I certainly support your inclination to deny the ultrasound. Congrats again!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:09 PM

burg - What a deal on that toy kitchen! I'm sure having that and the maternity clothes around will clue your body in.

escher - Your timing couldn't be better! Good luck with the progesterone.

Newbian Mama - Extra hugs your way.

AmandaHope - I'm sure once you step up and buy that breast pump, your body will step up and get pregnant!

Library - I missed you! Hang in there. I hope this month flies by for ya. Enjoy this time of not stressing about catching O and interpreting phantom pregnancy signs.

Korey - I'm so happy you're happy! Stick with your intuition on the u/s idea... You know what's best for you and baby.

AFM, CD12 and no O in sight. Just waiting waiting waiting.

TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM

Seraf - When you get a chance, can I please be moved to Taking A Break?

Thanks everyone for the hugs and wonderful thoughts, and for the suggestions to get AF to appear. My mom seems to think I'm one of the .00001% of the people who become pregnant but never get a positive HPT. Yea, I'm pretty sure I'm not but just in case I am calling every clinic in my area to find out if I can get a beta.

My plan as of today is to wait for AF, have a normal cycle, and then insem after that. I have long cycles so that should bring me into late August. I'm not all that upset about the BFN, I just want to jump back in and keep going. The waiting sucks, especially since it's going to last all summer.

I'll still post though and hang out with you ladies if you don't mind. I love you all

Sorry for no personals (again). I'm typing this as I'm calling clinics.

afro.jpg TTA #1 through the Foster Care system

10/12 - Orientation

10/12 - Accepted into Foster Family Agency

02/13 - Finished the paperchase
03/13 - Homestudy completed
03/13 - Matching phase

Old 05-24-2010, 02:40 PM

Newbian- big giant hugs for you! You sound in good space with everything and it is good that you want to get back to trying. I hope your body gets its act together soon!

AmandaMom- hang in there while waiting to O, I wish you a straightforward and well timed one!

Korey- still incredibly ecstatic for you & DP!

Library- I also hope that this month flies by for you! Almost vacation, how exciting! We can be a little bitter, right?

kkearney- sorry about AF, hugs!

escher12- fingers crossed!!

AmandaHope- it was nice to hear that your DD got such use out of hers. I think it is a great toy that way because it grows with them.

AFM- I have been feeling as though this cycle wasn't going to be the one. I am trying not to get too excited but I have blue blue veins on my breasts. Also my temps have been climbing a little. Not sure why now and not before though. Trying to guard my heart though and wait and see.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:53 PM

Newbian Mama- s to you. I hope you find some answers soon.

AFM-
CD7 I found out today that my RE did not sign the form correctly for California Cyrobank, indicating they could send specimen to our house. They also have not given me my recent results for progesterone and prolactin AND they didn't submit my last ultrasound to the insurance company. Trying to correct all of these things and prepare for possible insemination at the end of the week.
On a positive note: I am really liking the saliva microscope for ovulation! It's cool and its' just one more sign to track. OH! and I am approved for research; the proposal defense went well.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

User Tag List