May Queer Conceptions 2010 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 402 Old 05-07-2010, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lauren: Sorry things are funky, hope they'll get better soon!

korey: I debated the crazy lady with baby stuff idea, but I decided I didn't care. If I don't have one, someone else will get some really great stuff!

coco: Not over until it's over!!!

escher: Glad you're in a good place with it.

library: My temps are crazy this cycle--maybe yours are too? Keep peeing on sticks...

Lost fans: Ugh. I was sobbing. I agree, who are they to mess with us at this emotional time in our lives?!?!

AFM: Planning to head to KD's house Monday through Wednesday as of right now, waiting for OVWatch confirmation. Tentatively have found a house--rental application has been sent and waiting to hear. Now, I just need a job.

QOTD:

1. Do you plan to find out the sex of the baby?

Nope. Not a big fan of ultrasounds...so I guess we'll wait to see what my intended midwife (who I haven't haven't actually met) thinks about them. I have an intense girl feeling, but I wouldn't be disappointed or upset with a boy. Ex-DW and I both had dreams about our girl, and I feel like she's still waiting for me.

2. Do you have names picked out?

I have two definite girl names and one tentative boy name. I have a much harder time with boy names for some reason. E and I had one of each, and they were perfect, but...yeah.

3. Do you already have baby items and/or do you have any superstitions about that?

I do in fact have baby stuff--the first purchase was entirely impulsive and actually on the way home from my first insem, some clothes from Oshkosh, 'cause every kid needs Oshkosh overalls. Since then I just randomly add to the pile (which is really a dedicated drawer). It's mostly clothes, but my mom has bought a doll and a stuffed giraffe, and I have a moby wrap and a diaper bag that I carry as my regular bag. And I have a skein of yarn and a sweater pattern but I won't start knitting until a BFP. Superstition-wise, I won't buy anything that's not unisex even though I find girl clothes nearly irresistable. But I don't think that's superstition, really. Just the thought that if I buy obvious girl clothes that I'll never have one.

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#122 of 402 Old 05-07-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey View Post
QOTD

We have our girl name, but DP would murder me in my sleep if I told a soul!

Quote:
3. Do you already have baby items and/or do you have any superstitions about that?
I'm more buying things for other people. When I see something cute, I buy it for other people's babies!

I did buy a few baby stuffed animals for my "fertility alter" (which is just our bedroom dresser). I'm reluctant to buy a lot of baby stuff for our baby, because I'm afraid of becoming a crazy lady who collects tons of stuff for a nonexistant baby! There's a Lifetime movie where a woman has an imaginary daughter. In true Lifetime fashion, that movie is unintentionally hysterical and I would hate to go down that road myself!
@ the crazy Lifetime lady! You're funny I too have a fertility altar with real baby dust on it.

afro.jpg TTA #1 through the Foster Care system

10/12 - Orientation

10/12 - Accepted into Foster Family Agency

02/13 - Finished the paperchase
03/13 - Homestudy completed
03/13 - Matching phase

#123 of 402 Old 05-07-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post
Library - I agree with Newbian, Ivy isn't necessarily out. I mean, do you spend several days a week with the cousin (because there isn't a chance she could be in class 5 days a week with another kid who shares a name)? And with all the blended families today, you could easily get a cousin married into the family with an unfortunately named baby anyway. I have a step-cousin with my same name, then 2 cousins have daughters called Sydney. My dad and my (adopted) brother had/have the same name. Heck, I have a partner and a soon to be SIL with my first name. It is occasionally confusing, but it's always fun. I say don't settle for something you don't like just because someone beat you to it.

Seraf
That's exactly what I was trying to convey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquitayy View Post
QOTD:

Nope. Not a big fan of ultrasounds...so I guess we'll wait to see what my intended midwife (who I haven't haven't actually met) thinks about them. I have an intense girl feeling, but I wouldn't be disappointed or upset with a boy. Ex-DW and I both had dreams about our girl, and I feel like she's still waiting for me.
This is so sweet, made me cry

10/12 - Orientation

03/13 - Matching phase

#124 of 402 Old 05-07-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquitayy View Post
lauren: 'cause every kid needs Oshkosh overalls.
I could not agree more! We bought both our nieces' first pairs I especially love the conductor ones!

Quote:
You know how they estimate your due date by the first day of your last period? Well, that makes me 11 days pregnant.
Right on! I really like the way you think!

chiquitayy- good luck with the job hunt!

lauren- I am sorry that you're unhappy with your job, that is incredibly hard! I hope you can find something that makes you happy or at least other outlets to balance it out!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#125 of 402 Old 05-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbian Mama View Post
AmandaHope - I didn't realize you were using PRS as well. Are you in SF or LA (I understand if you don't want to say). I'm in SF and I like that PRS is so close to me but I loathe the parking

Best of luck with this cycle!
Hi, Newbian. I'm actually in the midwest, now, but I used to live in Berkeley and used PRS when conceiving my DD. We're using them again, because my KD lives in the Mission in SF. I'll be in SF next week. I'd love to meet over coffee if you are comfortable with that! PM me if you'd like.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#126 of 402 Old 05-07-2010, 08:05 PM

Newbian Mama - I found a video clip of that Lifetime movie for you! http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/flick It's called "Invisible Child." You might have to click on the image for it. I wish I could have found a better clip, but this is good enough. The movie actually stars Rita Wilson, even though you don't see her here.

The only reason I even know about this movie is that DP loves Lifetime movies. This one is her all time favorite. She considers it a comedy.

I also like names like Blue and January. And if you have a common last name, then they really work nicely!

burg - Thanks! How many days pregnant are you?

Library - Have to say I agree with the rest of the girls. Ivy is still on the table! (And no offense to your cousin, but Iphigenia is the real "Punch Me in the Face" name!)

Chiqiutayy - I totally understand! I think I'm just prone to getting carried away and thus could easily cross the line into crazy Lifetime movie.

seraf - Have fun tonight! Don't get DP drunk and take advantage of her. Or do.

lauren - Sorry to hear that it's been difficult. Good luck with the procedure. Let us know how it goes!

escher - We're doing ICIs, so there's more flexibility on the first insem. And yeah, most people say to test OPKs multiple times a day and don't do FMU. But the new good doc and the other doc said FMU only. Beats me!

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#127 of 402 Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 PM

Sorry I've been MIA, I work a lot and also trying to finish up a dissertation! Tomorrow is One week post ovulation and I am having my progesterone levels checked because of my inconsistent temperatures this cycle. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I'm preggers and none of that will matter next week.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#128 of 402 Old 05-08-2010, 10:25 AM

Thank you Newbian Mama, I was inspired by yours I have been enjoying reading everyones responses- so varied!

I am 9 days pregnant in that case, Korey! Thanks for asking!

Crossing my fingers for you, Maxk!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#129 of 402 Old 05-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Hey all...

Well we dont really know what is going on with our cycle... Its 14 DPO today, we never made it to 14 DPO in all the time we have been charting DP's cycle (close to a year), average LP is 11 days and the longest have been 12 days... Now, still no sign of AF, temp is still up somewhat even if its a bit lower than it was... but the tests all come back very obviously negative.... Does anyone know if clomid can lenghten your LP ? This is our first clomid cycle after all...

Other than that, here is our answers to the QOTD ! (Good ones btw !)

1. Do you plan to find out the sex of the baby? Yes !!

2. Do you have names picked out? Yes we do, For boys we have two, one that she likes better (Étienne) and one that I like better (William). We decided that if she gives birth to our boy, then we will gove it "my" favourite name and vice versa ! For girls, we like the name Charlie. We also had a much harder time finding girl names.

I have a few things, like blankets that my grandma knitted.... but we are waiting to know that we are pregnant before really buying things.

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#130 of 402 Old 05-08-2010, 01:26 PM

MaxK : I hope with you that you are pregnant ! What is your dissertation about ? Is it the end of your studies, like a masters' thesis ?

chiquitayy : Good luck for the house and the insems ! And the job will come soon too I bet !!! How about a 3 in 3 this month ?? hehehe. I love OshKosh overalls too !!! I remember overalls from my own toddler years.... aperantly, that was my first word LOL.

Everyone else... Best of luck for insems or the infamous TWW...

My turn for a QOTD ! What do you do for work ??? (I dont remember if we ever had that one ???)

I am a social worker. I am specialized in domestic and family violence issues and I do clinical supervision and training throughout Quebec for people working in different fields that may come in contact with victims of violence or children exposed to conjugal violence (social workers, shelter workers, women's centers, hospitals, police(WO)men, nurses, doctors, lawyers, etc.). Because of this, I am very often on the road for many days at the time. I am also the coordinator of an organization called the "Cran des femmes" that offers psychological and physical self-defense classes for women and teenagers.

Coco

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#131 of 402 Old 05-08-2010, 03:07 PM

QOTD: I'm a hospital nurse on a general medical-surgical floor. It's a tiny (25-bed) hospital with very little specialization, so if they're not in the ICU, the ER, or having a baby, they're mine! Unless, of course, it's a slow night on my floor and I'm in the ICU or back in Labor and Delivery (obviously my favorite). I don't help much in the ER, and I've only been to the OR for C-sections, but I do pretty much everything else in the hospital when they need it. I love the job, and they offered me an L&D position in January, but I had already decided to move and had to turn it down. It's also not a fun commute. Hopefully I'll have a fun job in Asheville, right now I'm being considered for a clinical research coordinator position, where I'd be in charge of running all the clinical trials in the hospital. I also do a lot with Girl Scouts, so that's kind of my secondary job!

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#132 of 402 Old 05-08-2010, 05:57 PM

korey - Hahahahaahahah!! That clip was hilarious with the phony dramatic movie. I do love that guy though although I can never remember his name. I agree with your DP that Lifetime movies are pure comedy. I love the one with the cheerleader murder. Ok, that didn't sound right but you know what I mean

Speaking of movies, have you all seen "But I'm a Cheerleader" starring Natasha Lyonne? Whenever I'm having a bad day I can pop that movie in and crack up! And it doesn't hurt that Natasha's really cute

Thanks for the name love. I know I'll be the talk of my family if I use an unusual name but I'm already a bi, natural-parent-wanna-be, frozen donor sperm using solo mom-to-be. Might as well add crazy-baby-naming-chick to the mix

maxK - At one week dpo, are your progesterone levels different enough to be measured? That's awesome if you can, because you won't even have to suffer the 2ww.

Coco99 - Sorry I don't know anything about Clomid although I thought it only affected the first part of your cycle. Maybe DP doesn't have enough progesterone built up yet. Are you using FMU? Which test are you using?

BTW, I love Etienne for a boy and Charlie for a girl. I think there is an MDC member who's DD's name is Charlotte and they call her Charlie. Too cute! Do you all like other French names? How about Fleur for a girl? It means "flower" in French (like Fleur de Lis).

QOTD! What do you do for work ???

I do nothing at all! LOL! I was laid off in 2008 and spent 2009 looking for a job along with the other 400,000 people. I decided to switch gears and become a real estate agent. I finish my last required class in a couple of weeks and I'll take the state exam in June. I love the whole real estate process, and I want to specialize in helping first time home buyers.

10/12 - Orientation

03/13 - Matching phase

#133 of 402 Old 05-08-2010, 06:41 PM

coco, yes my dp's cycle was lengthened the first time she took clomid - by several days as i recall and then she had the af from hell. i hope that's not the case for you and those hpts will turn positive soon!!

qotd - i'm in IT. have been since i graduated college back in, <gulp>, 1990!! yup, i have been living the geek dream for 20 years! i'm a unix/middleware admin.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#134 of 402 Old 05-08-2010, 07:29 PM

QOTD: I work for the Girl Scouts. I have had people tell me how 'cute' that is. I'm an executive. I write grants, work with statistics, deal with HR issues,...it's wicked adorable! I am also a specialized (therapeutic) foster parent and am lisiting that as well because it is a lot of work but very worthwhile.

I used to be the director of a residential program for adults with mental illness and then the assistant director of a treatment center for adolescents. I loved the work but it was heartbreaking dealing with kids in crisis while trying to deal with 'systems'. Supervising direct care staff was also like banging my head against the wall at times. I miss that field a lot though and plan to go back to it at some point.

Can I ask a follow up question? Are you doing what you planned to be doing/thought you would be doing?

#135 of 402 Old 05-08-2010, 10:12 PM

Hi, all!

QOTD (with follow-up):
I'm a professor of Women's Studies and U.S. History. I'm working on a book about women, girls, and American sexual culture in the 1940s and 50s. I love, love, love my job and feel incredibly fortunate to have it. Although I never thought that I'd be a professor when I was growing up (for a long time, I wanted to work in a travel-oriented field, such as development or NGO work), this is what I've been working toward since late college, and I'm thrilled that it is working out. However, I only get to keep my job (ie, get tenure) if I publish my book, and that is a very daunting task. I'm plugging away at it, though. I'll be working on it all summer.

Looking forward to reading others' answers...

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#136 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 12:51 AM

escher - So sorry about your BFN. You have an awesome attitude about it, and I only hope I have your strength should the need arise.

Newbian - I still plan to test on the 12th. Hopefully I can wait that long. How are you feeling? I agree that Blue, January, and Thursday are fantastic names. Go with your gut! It reminds me of that book/movie "The Secret Life Of Bees" where there are sisters named April, May, June, and August. Awesome book, btw. I love "But I'm a Cheerleader"! I just watched it a couple of weeks ago, in fact.

Korey - I'm so glad you like your RE. He sounds like he knows what he is talking about! Sometimes it's just easier to put your trust in a professional, though I'm not sure I could obsess any more if I were doing this on my own! Hearing about your fertility altar made me wonder if we should start one. OH, and I absolutely LOVE Lifetime movies. We moved here a year ago and never got cable, so it's been a while since I've had my fix. DP is not so much of a fan. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on the movie you were talking about!

Burg - Libby, Reed, and Sebastian are awesome names.

Max - Fingers crossed for you!

Coco - I love "Charlie" for a girl. Very cute! Your work sounds very rewarding. I've still got my fingers crossed and hopes up for you and DP.

Chiquitayy - Your work sounds rewarding as well! I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a job you like in Asheville.

AFM, no more symptoms to obsess over. I couldn't feel less pregnant.
I wanted to say how much I love meeting you all on facebook! To those who aren't comfortable with it, I totally understand. Some people just feel more comfortable on here being anonymous, especially when talking about cervical mucous! I, on the other hand, would probably bring up that subject if we met in person! I feel a very strong connection to this group, seeing as how we're all queer and riding the TTC roller coaster... Don't worry, I won't post on your wall questions about your vagina. I love you guys!

I don't know if I can wait until the birth, but DP wants to be surprised.

Funny, this question reminded of the names I had picked out at age 14. I wanted twin girls, and I wanted to name them Denym and Layce. Yeah. Good thing I grew out of that. For this baby DP and I wanted to choose a name that was original yet easy to spell and pronounce. We have chosen... drum roll... Trulie for a girl and Tru for a boy. My sister snickered when I told her. I think she was just mad we're not naming a girl after her, but DP says Tiffany is a stripper name.
We have not purchased anything for the baby yet. There may be underlying superstitions about that in our house, but we really haven't talked about it. We did visit a natural children's store a couple of months ago and found several things we wanted, but we just said, "It's too soon." I'm sure we'll go crazy and spend a fortune once that BFP comes along. On second thought, I'm of the mind that "if you believe it will happen, then it will happen", so maybe I should go shopping now!
What do you do for work ???
I don't! I haven't worked since leaving Arizona last year, and I LOVE IT. Luckily DP makes enough money for the both of us as a CIO. She also works from home, which is great. We'll both be stay-at-home moms! And yes, that is what I always imagined I'd be doing.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#137 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Hey everyone !

I like the conversations we are having !

QOTD followup ! : I wish I was a stay at home mom For a while anyway ! But yes, I am doing exactly what I envisioned doing ever since I became involved with the women's movement when I was 18. I want to change the little bit of the world that I can reach... and so far, I know that I am succeding in supporting workers who, in turn, are better equipped to help women and children who are victims of violence. I also do have a few women and children that we directly support through my organization but because we are not funded, I dont have alot of time for that part of my work... but I have 4 women and 4 teenagers that I do my best to support through terrible experiences related to conjugal violence. I do my best... I know I help them... for sure, they help and inspire me in my trainings ! But unfortunately, my little bit of help is not enough when faced with abusers who just wont let go... Thats the hard part of my work.

Ok so for our news....... I am chalking it all up to clomid (Thanks to those who answered with your experiences... Indigo, I think our situation may be like yours). Its 15 DPO today (???!!!???) and temp is stable near the top of the chart but every test we have done have been negative (Dollar tree ones sensitive at 25 with FMU). So we are expecting AF and are really beginning to wish that this cycle was over now.

Newbian Mama : Yes we like other french names... the main reason being that we are french ;-). On our list is Samuel (pretty multilingual that one), I like Philippe, Alexandre also but its taken many times over around me...

Happy Mothers Day to everyone ! Hopefully, next year we will all be celebrated as mothers ! In the mean time, I celebrate us because we try really REALLY hard to be mothers ! So Happy Mothers-to-be-day !

Coco
xxx

#138 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 01:42 PM

Hi girls~

I feel like Ive been MIA for ages (aka 2 weeks) I got to start using my OvaCue saliva monitor this cycle and it has been SO NICE to not worry about sticks & peeing on time etc. It's super easy and less stress, HERE'S HOPING its as accurate as it is easy.

We still havent picked a new donor, so that is definitely on the agenda. Im still so attached to our old one, it's been a challenge to sit down and go through all the info again.

Good luck and Happy Mother's Day to all of us trying our damndest to be Mommies soon.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#139 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 02:38 PM

qotd follow-up - yes! i always wanted to be working with computers and even had one at 11 or 12 and was programming in basic! lol! my dad was in IT too and i thought he had the coolest job.

coco, i wanted to add that dp had THE most perfect chart on that cycle and was convinced she was pregnant. on our actual bfp cycle her chart was awful and she didn't think she was pregnant. go figure.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#140 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Hey ladies~ happy mother's day~ let's hope that next year we get to celebrate as actual mothers! My DP and I went grocery shopping today around noon and people were there buying Mother's Day cards and I just wanted to say "Wow, your mom must be important to you for you to be here, probably on your way to her house for lunch, scrounging up a card from the leftovers!" but maybe I'm just cranky (maybe?).

We totally missed our O. My temp's done nothing but go up, and the sticks are all blank, but the most telling thing of all is that my mucous has gone from eggy to nothing, which is the way it happens as soon as the O happens. I feel so let down! Not as let down as a neg after the 2ww, but let down, as I was already in the mindset for the cycle, wondering if this was going to be the time, etc. So it's been a bit of a sad weekend for me. Boo. It was the progesterone, I do believe. It lengthens my lp by a few days, but apparently just makes the next cycle slightly shorter, so it's probably for the best, but like I said, disappointing. Ah well~ onward and upward!

Coco~ how's it going? I'll bet you guys are completely frustrated, but I'm going to think about the bajillion stories on the internets of ladies who didn't get their BFPs for the longest time. As long as you got no AF, keep your chin up!!!

Escher~ sorry about your bfn. You and I shall go onwards and upwards together.

Newbian~ how you doing? I'm glad you're loving the book and I'm eager to talk to you about it. I've been reading some really great stuff lately (I love my giant pile of award books to dip into. Some of them are really really awful, but even that can be fun, since I didn't pay for any of them). I just read a book that's the story of Hamlet from the point of view of Horatio (as in "Alas, poor Yorrick. I knew him, Horaito.") who is a scholar and secret lover of the prince. Now I'm reading a book set in a Japanese prison camp in WWII. Grim, but interesting. MY QOTD answer I think everyone already knows: I'm a librarian. Elementary school at present, but with hopes to work in an academic library setting once my DP's done with her PhD and goes to be a prof somewhere. I'd love to work at a reference desk and just answer people's questions all day long. Fun! (nerd fun!)

To hearken back to our name discussion, thank you to the gals advising me to still use Ivy, since I do love it, but I just feel like it's been ruined now. It wouldn't be like naming her after a beloved aunt, it's just using that name that just recently got used, and my baby's going to be way too special to have a recycled name! I forget who asked me, but yes, she did know we liked it, and again, if it'd been a question of 'she got there first' I could be maybe okay with it, but to give your kid this pretentious punch-me-in-the-face name that apparently YOU don't even like enough to use day-to-day and then take my name as your nickname is just bitchery and makes me mad. So probably some stubbornness is included in this as well (yeah, just a bit...). I can't wait til her kid gets to middle school and comes home crying because people call her 'Itsavagina'. Maybe then she'll wise up to what she's done to her child.

I know I've missed people and haven't personally replied, but I have read all and think about you all. I'm always scattershot on the weekend and will be a better poster next week. xoxoxox

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#141 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 05:48 PM

AmandaMom - I've never read The Secret Life of Bees but I did enjoy the movie. I liked their names. Actually, I believe little souls name themselves so we'll see if it's at least a name from my list

Only three more days until you test!!

Quote:
Don't worry, I won't post on your wall questions about your vagina. I love you guys!
OMG, for some reason that made me crack up. Something about the vagina wall posting!

Coco99 - I'm sorry the Clomid threw your cycle off. I hope you get a clear yay or nay very soon. It's tough to be in limbo for you and for your DP.

I did not realize you're French! lol! Of course you know what Fleur means I like Samuel as well and as you said, it really is a multilingual name. My second favorite French girl's name is Genvieve. It was my French teacher's name (well it's still her name, but I'm no longer under her tutelage) and I adored her and her name. I don't like the American pronunciation though, it hurts my ears.

Miss Scarlett - So glad to hear the saliva monitor is working out for you. I've heard great things about it and consider(ed) getting one for myself. I hope less TTC-induced stress leads to a BFP

indigoscot - I wrote my first and only program using Basic for DOS. Good times... but I thought playing Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe was much more fun

LibraryLady - Ha! You make me laugh. I was at the grocery store today too and saw the Mother's Day frenzy. I'm one of those last minute flower buyers though! I'm totally afraid of killing them, or more likely, forgetting to take them to my mom

I am so sorry you missed your O. It's such a %*^#!@# hard thing to catch sometimes! I missed my O in February so I know how you feel. For some reason the OPKs I had previous success with stopped working. I don't know if I got a bad batch or what. Are you going to switch brands?

Thanks for asking about me I'm doing great. Saw my mom for breakfast this morning and I plan to read the rest of the day. You have quite the varied book selection. I know that's a perk of your job but do you have to read the really bad ones too? Can you just stop mid-book or do you have to review the books?

Can you believe I've never read any Shakespeare?! How I managed to escape him I don't know but I'm glad I did. I can't get with ye olde English

Escher - How ya feeling?

AFM - I'm at 12dpo and FF suggests I test in Wednesday which will be 15dpo. I once had a 16 day luteal phase so I'll probably wait until that Sunday to test. Gosh I keep pushing the day back. Maybe I really will wait until the 31st

10/12 - Orientation

03/13 - Matching phase

#142 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 06:08 PM

Newbian~ Reading all the billion books is a perk of the job, and I do indeed get to stop mid-book if it's not getting better. Or at least skim to the end, which is usual. Some of them are so comically bad it's fun to read, but some of them are just tedious. I have one in my stack called "Bobby Blanchard--Lesbian Gym Teacher" and I can't wait to get to it.

As for my O~ there's nothing wrong with the OPK's, it's the progesterone. It made this cycle sligtly shorter so I O'd before I'd even started testing. I knew it though~ my cm was right and I just knew it inside myself with this awareness I now have since I've started this whole odyssey. It's good in a way~ it's been a tighter money month than we'd anticipated, we're going to NYC next weekend and this way I won't have to be worried and careful. It's good and disappointing too, but not the fault of the opks.

Good thoughts to everyone xoo!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#143 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 06:40 PM

Coco - Happy Mother's Day to you and DP! I know in my heart you both will be celebrating next year with a little baby. I have heard of Clomid making LP's longer, but enough is enough, right? I truly hope a BFP or AF is just around the corner so you both can move on. P.S. I've been brushing up on my Google French.

Miss Scarlett - Hooray for Ovacue! I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. Best of luck choosing a new donor.

Library - So sorry you missed your O. It sounds like you know the exact cause, and maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Newbian Mama - that AF doesn't show before the weekend! As for The Secret Life Of Bees, the book is much better than the movie. That's usually the case, isn't it? I do have to say they did a great job with the movie, though. And I love Queen Latifah!

AFU, DP's brother is hosting Mother's Day at his house this evening. He, his wife, our two nephews, and DP's parents will all be there. It's times like these when I need a drink! I will behave, though. BIL is making (vegan)fajitas, so that should be yummy.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies and soon-to-be Mommies!

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#144 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 08:24 PM

AmandaM~ Keep strong! Sometimes families require a beer or two and it's tough when you can't have one! The vegan fajitas sound good~ let us know the recipe!

#145 of 402 Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 PM

LibraryLady~
We missed my O last month, I didnt listen to my better judgement when I knew all my signs were there, even though I never got a positive OPK. I KNOW you are so disappointed Try to look forward to having a couple more weeks to get your body "just perfect" for that little bean next month.

Am I the only one who is super excited for Mother's Day weekend to be over?!?

#146 of 402 Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Am I the only one who is super excited for Mother's Day weekend to be over?!?
no. i had a rough weekend... starting friday. a friend at work went out and bought a bunch of roses and gave one, with a card, to every woman in my dept (we are all women). my card said something to the effect of: i'm hoping that this time next year you will know the joys and excitement of being a mother. the sentiment was sweet, i know she meant well, but it was hard for me because this was the weekend i was going to break the news to the world about our pregnancy... she knew about the miscarriage, but i guess she couldn't have known that it would upset me. it wasn't the card that upset me really, like i said i think it was sweet to include me. however, it just brought up all of those feelings again. sigh.
then on mother's day my uncle had his 9mo son baptised, so we were at church (and we don't do church) and the sermon (or whatever you call it) was all focused on mothers day. DP started crying during it and in turn i started crying. then of course there was a luncheon afterwards and my family is full of LOs under 5years. i am the oldest of all of my cousins and most of them have one or more kids already. ugh. i mean, i love them all and it's not their fault that we don't yet... but it was still very hard for DP and i. i couldn't even hold any of the babies, i was just too bitter. at least DP was able to interact with them better than i, otherwise i start to feel like everyone will notice the bitter, jaded lesbians who won't interact with the babies. they all, mostly, know that we are TTC... i'm surprised we didn't get any questions about it, maybe they actually saw the sense in refraining from questioning. they tend to ask every other time we see them.
sorry about the rant
hope everyone has a great week... i'll be back later to try and do some personals... i am reading along and thinking of you all.
xo

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#147 of 402 Old 05-10-2010, 09:20 AM

Scarlett and Wehrli~ I never thought I'd be so happy for a Monday! Glad that weekend's over. Wehrli, that does sound like an ordeal (though any time I have to go to church it's pretty torturous). It sounds extra awful for you, and I'm glad it's done. I totally understand what you mean about feeling bitter and not even wanting to hold their kids. I avoided facebook last night (and will tonight) so that I don't have to see pix of my cousin's baby. How mean am I? But we're all still moving forward.

My chart is maybe the ugliest chart this cycle that anyone's ever seen. I'm glad in a way that we missed the O and didn't waste our sperms and money~ I don't think anyone could predict anything from this info!!

#148 of 402 Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

LibraryLady: I'm sorry you missed your O. That must mean you'll be going for a February baby--me too! I think February will be a great month to have a baby.

Wehrli: What a tough weekend.

AmandaMom: I hope you survived your mother's day evening, and that it wasn't too painful! Nice temp spike yesterday!

Newbian Mama: Good luck with the last few days of the wait!

Miss Scarlett: I'm so glad that the OvaCue is less stressful! Choosing donors can be hard--good luck with that!

Coco: What a tough wait this has been! How are you holding up?

Chiquitayy: I hope your inseminations are going well! Good luck with the house and the job search!

Seraf: What did you think about Babies? I saw it this weekend too, and I thought it was cute but not as incredible as I had hoped it would be.

Lauren: I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. Not liking your job AND having to deal with TTC is a lot.

AFU: Since it doesn't seem like the opk or monitor is a good indicator of when we should do IUIs, we spent some time this weekend rereading the Brill chapter on timing and thinking about what signs are most useful indicators that it is time to schedule the appointments (Chart stalkers--I would love your opinion if you feel like taking a look at my charts ). I also reread her opinion on doing three IUIs: "We know it is absolutely cost prohibitive for most, but when people move to three IUIs a cycle they almost always conceive that cycle." Three would be VERY expensive, but "almost always" is an appealing prediction. Any thoughts on that? Has anyone tried three IUIs? Thank you!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#149 of 402 Old 05-10-2010, 11:02 AM

Escher: The first cycle that we TTC (Oct. 08), we did three ICI's and got pregnant. I miscarried at 9 weeks, but it's the only time that we did three AND the only time we conceived. We did them 12 hrs apart, with the first one 12 hrs after my positive OPK.

Coincidentally, that was also the last three vials of a specific sample of our donor, and everything we used after that was from a subsequent sample (same donor), so I also wonder if maybe something wasn't quite right in the freezing process of that second sample?

All of that to say that this next time, we are going to bite the bullet and do three insems as I feel like our biggest issue has been timing, and obviously doing one cycle of three and actually GETTING PREGNANT is cheaper than doing two insems a cycle for the next year. It looks like the donor we are leaning toward only has IUI samples available at this time...so it's looking like thats the route we'll go.

AFM: Can y'all permit me a donor rant? So we were completely in love with our last donor (figuratively speaking), but he was retired by the bank so he's no longer an option. He was the perfect blend of the things that were important to both of us, but obviously it wasnt meant to be. SO onto a new donor search we go.

My issue is this, Im adopted, and didnt meet my bio parents till I was 20. The thing is, Im EXACTLY like them. Like freaky like them. I look *just* like my mother, within 5 minutes we were finishing each others sentences, we have the same likes & dislikes. I have my father's sense of humor, sports background etc. I feel like that knowledge of nature vs nurture is hindering my ability to pick a donor because I know that really, no matter WHAT we do when raising our little peanut, they are going to have a HUGE amount of that donor in their personality, looks, likes, etc. SO I have put this pressure of picking the *perfect* one on myself. I know it's silly, and everyone struggles in this department, but the firsthand knowledge I have seems to be a little fear nugget that is hanging out in the back of my head. Even though I felt like I had grown up to be what my adoptive parents molded me into, once I met my birth parents, it became insanely obvious that I was on this path genetically rather than by teaching or coincidence.

That said, this is also why we are going with an open donor. I would have been furious had I not at least had the option of finding my birth parents, and it has been so rewarding to have them in my life, I want my kids to have that same option

**end rant** (thanks yall)

#150 of 402 Old 05-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Hey Ladies,
So we had a bit of drama here yesterday! If you recall, the new RE I'm seeing wanted me to get another follicle u/s today or tomorrow. On Thursday, I had 2 follicles that were 7mm, and he didn't think I'd O til Wednesday or Thursday of this week. He gave us his cell, and said to call if I got my LH surge before then.

So yesterday morning (CD13), the CB Digital went positive. New Choice ($tree) and First Response are negative. We debate calling him, and decide to wait and see what happens later in the day.

So I test again around 8pm, and CB is positive, New Choice is positive, and First Response is negative. He had previously said to inseminate (ICI) the night of the OPK+, and 24 hours later. But my u/s is scheduled for today, and I'm in panic mode.

We call him, and the first thing he says is "Okay, tell your husband to bring in his sample tomorrow morning." After taking some time to remind him of who I am (can't fault him though, only saw him once and all his patients have his cell), he says that he stands by his assertion that I won't ovulate til around Wednesday and NOT to inseminate yet.

He orders blood work for first thing this morning, which I got, and I have my u/s appt this afternoon. Then I'm going to talk to him later this afternoon when the results are in. (BTW, he's about 90 minutes away, and I'm getting all the tests locally, not in his office.)

So that should be that, right? Nope! Not for me! I spent hours stressing last night. Who do I listen to? The doc? The Brill book (which is in total disagreement to the doc)? My instincts? And what are my instincts even telling me??? My cervix is open, but is it high enough? Is that watery CM, or egg white CM? (I think yesterday it was actually watery, not egg white, which makes me feel better!) What if I go to the u/s and the follicles are gone? Then what??

DP and my mom both said that we should just wait and listen to the doc. If we miss it this month, it's not the end of the world. And my mom even said I could blame her if we miss it! (But I wouldn't do that.)

So this morning, the CB is +, New Choice is +, and the First Response is finally +. So that's comforting. If we had only been using FR, I wouldn't have freaked out because the surge would have been perfect timing. Maybe the CB and NC are just a little too sensitive? Ugh!!

Either way, I got my blood work, and will find out the size of my follicles this afternoon. I'll certainly keep you all posted when we talk to the doc! At this point though, my instincts are clearly telling me tonight, and then 18-24 hours later.

The worst part about all this is.... ME!!! I am a freaking lunatic!! I certainly get stressed sometimes, but not like this. I really need to take control of myself, since that's really the only thing I CAN control in this process. I've been going to yoga, meditating, exercising, journaling, and I'm still a freaking nut job. My mom keeps telling me that I need to learn to chill out now, because I'll be even worse when I am pregnant. I know she's right. Maybe I need even more yoga and meditation!!

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. I'll post an update later, and do some personals, too. Hope everyone is off to a good start this week!

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page