May Queer Conceptions 2010 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 402 Old 05-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
AHope, how was the u/s? are you a go for inseming tonight??
Thanks for asking, Wehrli. But NO--I got weird/bad? news this morning. The nurse who measured a 16mm follicle on Monday got a closer look today and thinks that she measured two follicles together. Now, she sees four or 5 follicles on my R side, with the biggest at only 8mm! (only tiny ones on the left). A mature follicle is 20mm, apparently. And they grow 1-2mm a day. I am on CD 17! It is my FIFTH high day on the monitor! And I have at least 6 days to go?! It is true that I haven't had any fertile mucous--none at all. And I ALWAYS do. So it is possible that I'm having a super delayed cycle. My temps suggest that I could have already ovulated, but I really, really don't think so. I never had cm, and I was feeling my cervix before, and it was closed and firm around the time my temp jumped up a bit. And I've had pre-O temp spikes before. The problem is that if I'm going to wait this out, as I'm inclined, I have to change my plane tickets and everything. I miss my DP and DD! My DP is checking to see if there are cheap flights so they could join me, which would make the waiting much easier, of course. But I'm so confused and worried. :-(
Oh--the good news is that my uterine lining is perfect at 10mm. What's UP?
Thoughts? Thanks!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#182 of 402 Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Drive by post: I'm reading all your post and offering to everyone who needs them.

I can't test until at least Saturday because I only have internet cheapies and I've heard conflicting stories about them. I'll get some FRERs by the weekend. I'll post more as soon as I feel better.

Love you all

afro.jpg TTA #1 through the Foster Care system

10/12 - Orientation

10/12 - Accepted into Foster Family Agency

02/13 - Finished the paperchase
03/13 - Homestudy completed
03/13 - Matching phase

#183 of 402 Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 PM

Holy shit! I think I missed O. And I'm in my KD's living room across the country from where I live! On day 12, I noticed watery/wet cm and noted it in my chart but didn't pay any attention to it, because my monitor said low and because I've been ovulating so late. But my temps rose two days later and have stayed up above the cover line since. I can't believe this. I'm going to cry, now. I have an email in to the nurse who did this morning's ultrasound to see if she thinks she could have told if I'd already ovulated...but I'm afraid that that is what my chart is telling me.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#184 of 402 Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM

AmandaHope - OH NO!!! I really really really hope you didn't O yet, or that you could O again if you did. I've heard you can get your progesterone levels checked to confirm ovulation has already occurred. I'm thinking, though, if you had ovulated already, wouldn't she be able to see your corpus luteum? Try not to get too worked up (HA!) until you know for sure. A thousand hugs and many positive thoughts your way.

indigoscot - Except for a fluke 10-day LP last cycle, my LP has always been 13 days. AF has been showing up on 14dpo for the past year, so she is due tomorrow. HOPEFULLY SHE DOESN'T SHOW!

burg - Hoping you O exactly when you should!

wehrli - DP and I are with you 100% when it comes to paying for cable. We do watch a lot of movies and get our shows off the internet, but I have to say I sometimes miss LOGO and the sappy Lifetime movies. Life without commercials is great, though! I do, however, watch one hour of broadcast TV every weekday... The Ellen Degeneres Show. I can't stay away. It's funny as hell!

AFM, DP is getting anxious for me to test, but I'm trying to be strong! Testing in the absence of AF just feels better to me. If AF shows tomorrow like she's supposed to, then I'll know. I just can't bear to look at another BFN this cycle.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#185 of 402 Old 05-12-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMom View Post
AmandaHope - OH NO!!! I really really really hope you didn't O yet, or that you could O again if you did. I've heard you can get your progesterone levels checked to confirm ovulation has already occurred. I'm thinking, though, if you had ovulated already, wouldn't she be able to see your corpus luteum? Try not to get too worked up (HA!) until you know for sure. A thousand hugs and many positive thoughts your way.

indigoscot - Except for a fluke 10-day LP last cycle, my LP has always been 13 days. AF has been showing up on 14dpo for the past year, so she is due tomorrow. HOPEFULLY SHE DOESN'T SHOW!
Thank you, AmandaMom. I think I might try to get a progesterone test tomorrow to be sure. Thanks, sweety. And GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! AF stay away!

#186 of 402 Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 PM

AmandaHope- I hope that the nurse can help you figure it out, that must be hard with DP so far! Great big hugs for you and everything crossed the O has not come yet!!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#187 of 402 Old 05-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

AmandaMom: Your chart looks great!

AmandaHope: Flying across the country, sleeping somewhere unusual, and dealing with a time change could all impact your temps. The monitor has worked for you in the past. I think you're still ok.

Newbian Mama and MaxK: Good luck with these last few days of waiting!

Chiquitayy: Good luck with the insems and congratulations on the new house!

Wehrli: I'm sorry about the dizziness. That's no fun! I've found that eating more salt than usual helps me be less dizzy, but I don't know if that works for other people. I hope your doc had good advice!

Coco: I'm sorry.

Indigoscot: I'm so glad that you're around!

AFM: We ordered sperm, and now we're trying to think up excuses for why we will have to leave work early (or arrive late) three days in a row next week. Our best plan so far is definitely going to make all our colleagues think that one of us has some serious disease (we're imagining vaguely refer to a doc appointment that the other one is having, saying something like "She's probably fine, but I just think I should be there.") Any suggestions for a better excuse?

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#188 of 402 Old 05-12-2010, 09:40 PM

Escher12: I don't know what excuse could work for three consecutive days...i would just go with telling work that you have a doc appointment, or maybe a "procedure."

AmandaHope: Hopefully your temps are just crazy and you haven't ovulated yet. Did you get a +OPK? My OB/GYN said that temps aren't always the most accurate way to confirm O, and your temps can be screwy when you travel or when you're sick. You're not out yet!!!

AmandaMom, Newbian Mama: I've got my fingers crossed for you! AF stay away!

Korey: Good luck in the TWW!

Chitiquayy: good luck with your insems!

LibraryLady: Glad the tornado stayed away from you! I've never experienced a tornado, but I have been through a hurricane...not fun!

For those that asked, the HSG was a bit uncomfortable, but it was super fast. The whole thing took less than 30 minutes. I had some cramping, but it didn't last long. And it's reassuring to know that my tubes are clear.

Can I get some chart stalker advice? I got a +OPK tonight at 6, which is early for me (I don't have EWCM yet, just watery, and I thought I wouldn't get a + until Friday); I ordered the swim team, but it won't be arriving until tomorrow morning. I think that I ovulate less than 24 hours after the positive OPK, so what do you think about timing of insems? We wanted to do an insem the night of the +OPK, since I think we'd been doing the insems too late, but we've missed that opportunity. I'm thinking I'll do one insem tomorrow morning after I get the goods, but I'm not sure about the second one. Should I insem tomorrow night, or Friday morning?

Lauren and DP together since 1999; ttc #1 since 6/2009 with no luck yet.
#189 of 402 Old 05-13-2010, 07:55 AM

I have to say that I *hate* temping! I usually wake up when it is still dark out and the thermometer takes what seems like forever. I lay there and wonder if I actually turned it on or if it turned itself off and of course I am in the dark so I can't see if it is working. I also can't get up to turn on the light because you're of course supposed to temp before getting up. Since getting a a new thermometer I have gotten up a bunch of times and forgotten to temp and then it was too late. I have been really good about remembering this week though. So this morning as soon as I woke up a grabbed the thermometer and waited for what seemed like 10 minutes and was about to start over when it beeped. I grabbed the laptop to record my temp and realized it is only 2am! Oops! At this point DW looks at me, looks at the clock, and rolls over with a huge sigh. There has to be a better way, I think I am going to move the clock to my side of the bed and put a little flashlight there too.

Edit: This is obviously not the worst thing I could be dealing with, I just needed to rant. I am barely functional in the morning as it is, lol!

Lauren- I would do them tomorrow morning and tomorrow night, especially since you think you may have been doing them too late. Good luck with insems!

Escher- Good luck with figuring out a way out of work. Can you just say that you need to use some personal time and leave it at that?

AmandaMom- Stay strong and hold out! That AF stays away!!

AmandaHope- Let us know what happens, we're thinking of you.

AFM- Still getting only a faint +Opk, yay! I think we will be able to stick with our original plan of insemming over the weekend. It is such a relief to not have to unexpectedly find somewhere for C to go and also have to coordinate around KD, DW, a sitter, and my work schedules.

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#190 of 402 Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post
I have to say that I *hate* temping! I usually wake up when it is still dark out and the thermometer takes what seems like forever. I lay there and wonder if I actually turned it on or if it turned itself off and of course I am in the dark so I can't see if it is working. I also can't get up to turn on the light because you're of course supposed to temp before getting up. Since getting a a new thermometer I have gotten up a bunch of times and forgotten to temp and then it was too late. I have been really good about remembering this week though. So this morning as soon as I woke up a grabbed the thermometer and waited for what seemed like 10 minutes and was about to start over when it beeped. I grabbed the laptop to record my temp and realized it is only 2am! Oops! At this point DW looks at me, looks at the clock, and rolls over with a huge sigh. There has to be a better way, I think I am going to move the clock to my side of the bed and put a little flashlight there too.
i know you just got a new thermometer, but walgreens has one (<$10) that beeps when you turn it on (so you know its on) and then beeps when it's finished. but the best part is that it saves your temp! that way you can set it down, snooze or whatever (or realize it's 2am and start over again when the alarm goes off/you wake-up). then record up to a day later!
it took me months to get the temping thing down pat (it's been 1 1/2 years since i started) and now it is second nature! i couldn't not temp even in the tww 'cause it would just throw off my habit... keep with it, it will come... good luck!!!!

ps. i also think having a clock and flashlight by your bedside could be of great help... i keep my cell phone next to my bedside (for this reason only!) along with a flashlight.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#191 of 402 Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 AM

pineapple - one fresh pineapple, core and all, cut into 5 equal parts.

amandahope, oh NO!! i hope you haven't o'd yet. fx.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#192 of 402 Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 AM

burg - Your story about 2am temping made me laugh! good luck and hope everything times itself according to plan!

lauren - I stalked your chart and here's my opinion, for what it's worth: At this point, I've been cautioned by a number of docs not to assume that ovulation occurs before a temp spike, and that progesterone can start climbing before you O. You can see that here: http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/ww...ges/Mcycle.GIF

So to me, it looks like you might be ovulating 2 days after the first +OPK. If it were me, (especially because the +OPK came at night) I'd wait til this afternoon or evening for insem #1, and then do insem #2 18-24 hours later.

escher - I'd just tell them upfront "I have a family situation which is going to have me leaving early and/or arriving late this week. I'm so sorry, and my schedule shouldn't be disrupted for more than a few days."

amandahope - Dammit!! I really hope everything is still on track and that, like me, you're merely driving yourself crazy with "what if's". PLEASE let us know as soon as you hear back from the nurse. In the meantime, deep breaths and relaxing thoughts.

AFM - I am SO READY to stop temping. One more tomorrow and then I'm done. I really do start freaking out from the moment I take the thermometer out of it's case. (I hope it's a nice, high temp! Why is it not higher? Why is it not lower? Aahh!) It's just not worth it for me.

Besides, I've seen two REs now and neither of them even wanted to see my charts because they say that they're unreliable. I hate hearing that because the charts make me feel like I somehow have more control over the process, but my lesson to learn in life (my whole life) has always been to let go of what I can't control.

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#193 of 402 Old 05-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Okay, so I wrote a nice long post asking everyone how they were doing, etc, and then the forum ate it! Grrrr! This has been a tiring, frustrating week for sure and it ain't over yet! I haven't even been able to log on for two days because of weather screwiness (I do in fact live in actual Soonerville, Norman, Ok, and if you google footage of the Norman/Lake Thunderbird tornado, that's the one that touched down about a mile from my house. Yikes!)

AmandaH~ I'm sorry for your frustration!! It's frustrating anyway, and then even worse in your circumstances.

Big hugs to our testing and trying-not-to-test-yet mamas!!

And everything else I said to everyone else, all now lost in the ether.Ugh!

AFU~ Urgh!! I'm trying to get an answer about my health insurance and NO SURPRISE it's frustrating and unhelpful. There's a test the baby doc can do and even if the outcome is negative, the process pretty much cleans out your insides and increases fertility chances. The nurse said that the nurses at the main desk would be able to find out how much that would cost me with my insurance, so today I called the main desk and the woman was cranky from the word 'hello'. I asked how much it was, she said $550, I said "even with my insurance?" she said "You have to call the insurance company and ask them" I said 'I was told you would look this up for me since you already have a relationship with the insurance company and know what procedure codes to ask about" "Who told you this?" 'Nurse Beverly" "Oh, okay, hang on" (at which point I know her whole 'you have to do this yourself' is a lie because she's lazy, I guess) then she comes back and says "We don't have your benefits in your folder. You have to call the company and ask them what your benefits are and bring the information to us" Which I also don't believe, but don't know how to argue with her, short of yelling 'Do your effing job!' which doesn't usually guarantee good service. So I looked on my insurance website, which just says 'Some infertility diagnosis procedures covered' Thanks! Like, which ones?!!?!??!!? I've sent them an email query, but since you're not supposed to put any identyfing info in your email, I don't know how they're going to answer my question. Indeed, I wrote that as part of my email query.

So that's my tale. At least the killer storms have passed and I don't have to spend the evening in hiding. Where's my Manhattan!!??

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#194 of 402 Old 05-13-2010, 01:30 PM

Burg I understand about the tempting. I also use the Walgreens bbt and find that it is less annoying than others, but the whole temp tracking thing is only worthwhile if it really helps...so I'm not sure what to make of the info about REs not paying attention to it. I will say that temping has helped me make sense of this maddening cycle of mine. With four days of standard post-O temps and no other fertile signs at all at 18dpo, I'm now quite sure that I Od the day that I got here. We could have inseminated that night, though it probably would have been too late. I'm about to call the CBE monitor people and hear how they explain this serious malfunction. I can't help but be in a funk, now, though I'm trying to make the best of the rest of my week here by making plans with lots of friends from when I lived here, by getting some work done, and by enjoying the nice weather (when it is chilly and rainy back home). But this is really hard. Thanks for the hugs.

AmandaMom Hang in there! Any sign of AF? Hope not!!

Library That exchange with your doc's office sounds really frustrating. You *know* that it is her job to find out the info; she just doesn't want to bother. UGH. Hope you find out what you need quickly.

Lauren Good luck with the insems!

#195 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 12:17 AM

Can I please be moved to waiting to O?

TTC #1 since March 2010 
#196 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
s AmandaMom. I'm sorry.

#197 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 04:32 AM

Quote:
I am so sorry.......... gee, we need some babydust around here dont we ?

Much support...

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#198 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
So sorry, Amanda

Wehrli- Thanks for that info, if we have to try next cycle I think I will pick that one up. I feel silly whining about it, glad to know it took you and others a while to get it down.

Korey- Glad I could give you a laugh, lol. Oh wow, if your RE doesn't want to see it and you have a handle on when O happens, really what is the point? Especially if it causes stress. Hope the 2ww is not getting the better of you, fx!

Library- Dealing with insurance and bad customer service it maddening, sorry that that is one more thing you have to deal with! Enjoy your Manhattan!

AFM- still getting faint +opks. I am hoping I will get a + very soon. Hoping to start insemming late tonight when KD gets out of work.

QOTD- It's Friday and in case anyone is looking for a distraction here is a story with a Q. We refer to KD as the babydaddy. I am not sure when this started but he is even saved in my phone as that. He was in Cairo for 6 months this year where a very typical touristy gift is a cartouche- a necklace with your name in hieroglyphics. KD's sister got one from Egypt for me that says "babymomma" (in hieroglyphics) Also, for my birthday this year my Mom got me a sweet necklace that has a ring shaped pendant that says "Mother ~ Daughter ~ Friend". Since TTC, when I put either one of these necklaces on (I wear the one from my mom almost every day now) it is like a moment of intention. Life can get to fast paced and hectic so little reminders of the goal are good. Do you have anything like that, whether an object or not, that makes you stop and focus your intention on having a baby? It is so easy to get caught up in all the logistics and process for me, it is nice when I actually let myself dream of the the end result, the baby that I so badly want!

#199 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
So sorry...s
#200 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 AM

AMom, AF is a wicked witch!!! i'm so sorry.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#201 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM

QOTD: yes, i do have an object that helps me focus on my intention to have a baby. it is a necklace. or i should say necklaces. DP and i work a summer job at the renaissance faire... i run a coin minting booth where we make bronze and silver coins and pendants. we have all sorts of designs, like 150, and you get to choose 2 designs... one for each side. so i have made myself quite a few with different intentions (some not for fertility). every morning i choose the coin that has my intention for the day. i think we have, in total, like 25 coins! that's a lot of intention!! when i am feeling the need to hone my intention, i rub the coin between my fingers. now that i think of it, the one i wore from the day of my last insemination until a few days after my BFP, my DP made for me. it had a frog on one side (it's an egyptian symbol of fertility) and the sri yantra on the other side (the union of opposites). i feel like it worked! i'm sure once i try again i will be wearing it then.

burg, thanks for the great question! i can't wait to hear if others have symbols of intention... like i've said, it's a powerful part of my life both in ttc and otherwise.

#202 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

AmandaMom, so sorry, hugs.

Coco, very sorry, your cycle was so hopeful.

burg, no such totem. Tho I refer to my my kids' mom (my ex, but I don't like the word ex) as my babymama. Not to her face, but to co-workers. They get confused when they ask where the kids are and I say, with their mom. They go, "but I thought you were their mom?" So if instead I say, "with my babymama." My co-workers simply roll their eyes and walk away. It makes explaining much easier on my part!

I agree, we need some serious baby dust around here.

How are things for you Newbian? Kkearney? Korey?

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#203 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 AM

AmandaMom - I'm so sorry! But I'm glad that you had previously said you felt like the 3rd cycle would be the one.

seraf - How are you? We haven't seen you in a while!

AFM - I am committed to not temping through the end of my cycle, but I might need to go one more day. When set to the "Advanced Detection Method," FF still says I Oed on Sunday, but my follicles were on that u/s on Monday so I know that's not true! I'd kinda like to see FF adjust itself to the right O day with another temp or two, just to make myself feel better.

Overall, I am much better this cycle than I was last cycle. Much less stress and obsession. Go me.

QOTD - I previously mentioned my "fertility alter," which is really just our bedroom dresser, and that I have a few baby stuffed animals on there. Sometimes I pick them up and hold them or put them in my lap when I meditate. I've actually been trying NOT to do that so much though lately. I can so easily start obsessing!

But I have another thing that I think falls into this category. Lately I have been wearing a pink shirt over and over. Why? Because it feels like a mommy shirt to me! It's just an Old Navy shirt, nothing special, but its bright pink with flowers on it, and it just feels like something a mommy would wear. And I've been wearing the hell out of it because it makes me feel like a mommy. Funny, huh?

Good thoughts to all! And yes, we need some damn baby dust around here!!!

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#204 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 11:51 AM

I have 3 necklaces, actually. One that my DW gave me during our first round of IVF when I found out just how bad my fertility is (just a chain with a giant moonstone, an acorn, and a goddess). Another that DW gave me after the first IVF (a string of various fertility stones including quartz, carnelian, etc). And a third that my friend gave me after/during a reiki treatment (simple chain with a jade Quanyin and her grandfather's dog tag)--apparently her dead relatives told her to give them to me. I tend to alternate, although the 2nd is broken now and needs a new clasp

AFM: I'm still waiting to test. DW wants me to wait until Sunday at least (I'm at 10dpo now), but I may POAS tomorrow, shh, don't tell. I'm having all kinds of symptoms (cramping, boobs HURT, etc), but I'm also on progesterone so I can't trust any of that *sigh*. In other news, we meet with our lawyer on Monday in case we have to go another cycle with a KD, so planning ahead is good.

Wishing everyone Baby dust...whether you're starting or in the TWW!
#205 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

AmandaMom: I'm sorry. What a disappointment.

Korey: I hope that FF gets her act together and confirms your O soon!

Kkearney: Good luck with the last day(s) of waiting--I think those are the hardest.

Lauren: How did the insems go?

Burg: How exciting that your insems are coming right up! I hope that they go beautifully.

LibraryLady: Insurance is such a pain. Good luck dealing with them!

Ok, Team Amanda: So it looks like we are all up for February or early March babies. I think that is a perfect time to have a baby--for those of us on an academic schedule it will be just a few weeks before spring break. What are we going to do to make this happen? I'm inclined to try the pineapple. Other ideas? Go team!

AFU: Thanks for your suggestions on how to deal with missing work at odd moments next week. Hopefully it all works out. I'm still unsure about how I should time the IUIs--I'm going to have to do some careful thinking about that this weekend.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#206 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 12:06 PM

sorry for all the bfns ladies. i hope that does mean a batch of valentine's babies.

qotd - not really a totem but a tshirt that i wore to the insems. it's a nickelodeon avatar the last airbender tshirt, lol! dp and i are big fans of that show, and yes we've seen them all. it is so worn now but we need to keep it around for ttc baby #3.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#207 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 01:01 PM

Oh, funny story!

We chatted with potential KD1 last night for about an hour, and I found out that he used to live with potential KD2! I'm not sure if it was a roomate situation, or a relationship situation, but I thought it might be a bit awkward to ask, especially if they don't know we've asked the other one (they both know we're not settled yet, because with my luck if we do pick someone before a semen analysis, their swimmers will be duds, but DW is practically in love with PKD1).

There was a whole lot of talk about semen and quantity versus quality (and how things have changed over the years for him) and freezing versus fresh, and daily donations versus waiting 48 hours to "charge the batteries" and a whole lot of "icky" stuff that I never thought I'd have to deal with.

*sigh* awkward conversations never end, we meet with PKD2 on Monday evening, lol.

Here's hoping we won't need it!
#208 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 01:52 PM

AmandaHope- I am so sorry to hear you missed your O. That happened to me one month and I sent my frozen nuggets back. I totally understand how you feel, it feels like a wasted month. The time will go quickly for you I hope.

Pineapple-
I have heard eating the core is important. Those of you that don't want to do that during the 2WW can drink pineapple juice which they usually make with the core. I found some organic pineapple juice on sale! I was excited.

AFM- It is day 26 of my cycle and I would normally get my period tomorrow. I took a test on Wednesday night and it was negative. I think I'm just going to wait for AF and not test right now. Of course if I don't get AF this weekend I will go out and get a new test.
Wicked was fabulous. I thought the book was slow and boring but if you like lights, glitter, and musicals Wicked is the best. Oh! and since quitting acupuncture this month I did not spot. I think the acupuncture was making me spot for a week before my period.

New QOTD- How many signs do you track? I think I'm going to start tracking my ferning. http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/microscope.htm I currently track my temperature, do a POAS OPK, and visual cervix checks. I think I'm going to add: an ovulation ferning microscope and a digital OPK.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#209 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

QOTD - I track temp, CM and OPK, that's it.

I've been good. I've been here, but my computer has been acting up, so by the time I get people updated it has taken longer than I care to, and I don't reply. Nothing going on really. Been cooking a lot. Hoping to lose some weight still before I conceive. Hoping to get that house rented so I can try again next month. Woo exciting.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#210 of 402 Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 PM

Burg- The thermometer I use beeps every five seconds or so to let you know it's working and you've got it placed correctly... but I'm sure your DP wouldn't appreciate that incessant beeping any more than mine does! Good luck with your insems this weekend. I loved reading your story about your necklaces. I do not have any such objects, but I try to focus my thoughts from time to time to avoid getting caught up in the process.

Library - Sorry to hear about your insurance/clinic staff woes. I hope everything is covered. What procedure were you speaking of?

wehrli - I can totally picture you and DP at the renaissance faire. How fun! I'm thinking I need a lucky pendant now.

Korey - Sometimes I think FF is more like FE (Fertility Enemy). You know when you ovulated, so don't let it get to you. I've got my fingers crossed tight for you and DP!

kkearney - Good luck testing, whether you do it Sunday or sneak it in tomorrow. I really hope you don't have to worry about KDs and sperm counts and uncomfortable conversations anymore!

escher - I also ate fresh pineapple these last two cycles. I cut it up, core and all, and ate some starting 1 dpo until about 5 dpo. It didn't work, obviously, but it was delicious nonetheless! I will do it again this cycle. I'm also thinking of trying soy isoflavones to O sooner. I've read all kinds of good stuff about it on the TTC board.

max - for you! Stay away, AF, STAY AWAY!

sera - Good luck renting the house out and losing weight, though it didn't look as though you need it from that pic you posted. I hope everything lines up just right so you can try again next month!

QOTD - I track temp, CM, cervical position and texture, OPK's, and saliva ferning. I also obsess over any other sign or symptom I deem important at the time.

Thanks everyone for the hugs and warm thoughts. As Korey reminded me, I've had a good feeling about this cycle since the beginning of the 2nd cycle. This is the month I get pregnant! Third time's the charm, right? I plan to exercise and meditate more, and I'm going to stay focused on the goal. Last night DP put together this cute little children's bench we couldn't resist picking up at the garden center. It's wood and metal with safari animals on the seat back, and it's so small and adorable. I'm going to make a baby to sit in that kiddie bench, dammit!

TTC #1 since March 2010 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page