Right now the only way they'd do a freeze-thaw test would be if I went ahead with the full exam/testing. So we might as well have him make as many donations as possible, and if he thaws poorly, we'll do more IUIs back to back.
He's been cutting back on the smoking since we asked him. He was at 1/2 a pack a day, now he's down to only 3-4 per day, sometimes less. He takes a multivitamin, with a high dose of C, every day--he was doing it for the winter only (usually he'll take less or a different one in the summer when he tends to eat more fresh veggies and get more D from the sun, and less colds to deal with), but kept up with it just for us.
We are hoping we've timed everything appropriately so that one of his donations can be a fresh IUI. I'm on fertility meds, so ovulation will be planned/monitored, and HOPEFULLY it'll be on CD 16-18, which would fit into "the week", but would be after the required 3-day wait for his blood/STD tests to come back. (he was tested recently on his own already, but the clinic requires that the results be back before doing IUIs). If this cycle works, we'll keep his swimmers on ice until DW is ready to carry, and then hope that we have enough left (6 vials, again, if this round takes) to get her knocked up.
I'll find out tomorrow how many follicles I'm making...maybe I'll be a candidate for IVF, and freezing won't be an issue!