Forum Jump: 

#61 of 268 Old 07-28-2010, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Kel View Post
Eek! Gotta bad case of the yips...
Yay for RJ's homecoming!! I'm sorry it means that you and BF have to spend more time apart though. for a BFP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
oh wow, I totally missed the formation of a new thread. Doh!!
but thanks to erthemama for pointing it out to me.
You're welcome! Glad to have you back!

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#62 of 268 Old 07-28-2010, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm depressed about relationships lately. Meh, I say; Meh. I've been reading along a bit. My mom knows I'm poly, and figures it's healthier than just being a slut. Unlike my siblings, I get to have my cake and eat it too all by being honest. to those who need them; There aren't enough in the world.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#63 of 268 Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 PM

I know how you feel Eilonwy.....i am about to have to say goodbye to my secondary as he has proven extremely toxic to my family.

Then it's back to just me and my hubby. No more dating for me. Period. Unless by some miracle I meet a nice poly guy/gal at Target. No more dating sites.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#64 of 268 Old 07-28-2010, 08:17 PM

bas. but... I don't shop at Target! wah!

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#65 of 268 Old 07-29-2010, 10:11 AM

I do...far more often than I'd like to admit but i am feeling extremely frustrated with their selections.
I went this weekend to get a new espresso machine. Thinking I'd seen at least 10 different coffee machines last time I went, I thought i could find a decent in-expensive espresso machine. NOPE. They had three on display, one being like the one i am replacing. The other two were cheaply made. All Mr. Coffee brand. Not knocking Mr. Coffee but not one of the better espresso machine manufacturers.

Yeah, i bought one of the higher priced ones ($80) in desperation and went home. Been giving it a chance all week....and not loving it. VERY weak. It's a pump which is fine but the espresso filter is SO SMALL....ugh. So i have to return it.

Sorry for the off topic but target has become more of a thorn in my side than helpful. Not to mention they sell 3 espresso machines but 0 tampers, espresso glasses or milk carafes! Seriously?!?

anywho. Yeah. pretty much gonna die monogamous.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#66 of 268 Old 07-29-2010, 10:15 AM

so quit shopping at target! come over here, I'll make you coffee

#67 of 268 Old 07-29-2010, 01:45 PM

May I join?

BettinaAuSucre, big for you. I'm sorry about your secondary.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#68 of 268 Old 07-30-2010, 07:58 AM

of course you can e_m this is the poly thread, after all.

#69 of 268 Old 07-30-2010, 06:07 PM

No BFP... yet. Today had the lovely single line staring back at me and Trystan. He was just as bummed as I was... So after a big hug, we're trying to keep positive. (No pun intended.)

When I told RJ, he was also sad, but made my day by saying maybe I've got a ninja in there that's doing its best to avoid detection.

I've been feeling really nauseous and crampy for a bit, so here's to hoping for

Hoping the babydust will settle on me!

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

#70 of 268 Old 07-30-2010, 08:17 PM

#71 of 268 Old 08-04-2010, 04:42 PM

yeah so things are going great. she has met DH and she really likes him too. She actually changed her profile on okcupid to say that she's interested in a triad. we had a date last night and she wants me to come to her house for a few hours today and her and DH are going out for art walk on Fri since I'm going to be at work. there is definitely all sorts of chemistry between the 3 of us.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#72 of 268 Old 08-05-2010, 10:58 PM

Well I dated a guy that I met on the internet for a while. It felt really serious/different than other online flings I've had. I actually took the time and money to go and stay with him in his state for a bit (which is not something I would normally ever do, it just felt that right at the time). And yeah that all flopped pretty bad. But he wasn't all that interested in poly anyways...so who needs him.

So I'm sticking to my state for now. My therapist is telling me to take a break from dating for a while and I think I'm going to. I mean, it's not like I get out much anyways. It won't change much to take some time off.

And then maybe I'll run into the perfect couple at Target someday or something.

Sending the baby dust your way Carolina Kel.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#73 of 268 Old 08-06-2010, 01:08 AM

I've said it before: I don't shop at Target!

oh, and I have a friend with a 16yo DD called Zayla, never heard of anyone else with it

#74 of 268 Old 08-06-2010, 01:40 AM

Well then where do you shop?

Quote:
oh, and I have a friend with a 16yo DD called Zayla, never heard of anyone else with it
And here my mom thinks she made it up I met another little girl the other day with the name Sayla. Wonder where the name comes from?

#75 of 268 Old 08-06-2010, 01:56 AM

I usually shop at the organic store in our village, or the thrift store in town

My friend made the name Zayla because she was reading Clan of the Cave Bear and really loved the name Ayla, but she already had 4 kids whose names all started with Z and she wanted to keep the tradition of all Z names. So Zayla it was! She also has Zac, Zoe, Ziggy and Zara.

#76 of 268 Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 AM

oh, and we interrupt this thread for an important announcement:

Erthe_Mama!!!! clear out your inbox! How can I send you flirty PMs if your box is full???

and now back to your regularly scheduled thread

#77 of 268 Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 PM

#78 of 268 Old 08-06-2010, 08:41 PM

welcome granolamum!

#79 of 268 Old 08-07-2010, 01:04 AM

Welcome Grahnola mom!

I've had a poly personal ad up forever now. I never hear from anybody but weirdos. But today a very nice, young, hot couple sent me a nice message. Gives me a small spark of hope anyways.

#80 of 268 Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ooh, just saw this! Haven't been on the forums much lately, and when I do come on I most often go to the homeschooling or pg boards.

Anyway, count me in! I live in Arizona, I'm 32, and I live in a Vee triad with DH at the point. DW#2 (I'm the one legally married to him but we're both primaries to DH) has lived with us for almost 3 years now. She's got 2 boys who live with their dad and visit here, they're a preteen and a young teen, and then there's DD and I've got one on the way(see siggy). We share parenting--often DD listens better to DW#2 than she does to me!

I'm pretty out--people at work know, for example (I work in the Evil Box Store), and family know--though some, such as DH's parents, choose to ignore and pretend they know no such thing. My family just take it in stride as me being wierd, while DW#2's family are all just happy to see her in a relationship where she's cared about and not treated like property or isolated from her kids because her SO is a jealous UAV. DW#2 has had secondaries or play partners on occasion, though none currently as far as I know, and there's this one guy who flirts with me, but his wife (who I was was totally in love with for years) has jealousy issues and cut me out of their lives for years--he found me again on facebook when they moved into the state. I try and keep that one at arm's length because it's just not going to go anywhere unless/until she comes around.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#81 of 268 Old 08-07-2010, 11:36 PM

welcome to the tribe ravin

#82 of 268 Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM

I no longer am the proud owner of a box of Yips Ahoy...

So thanks to all who sent happy thoughts!

We're having a ninja! My EDD is 4/12/2011!

Both Trystan and RJ are just thrilled!

RJ said this was the best welcome home present EVAH, and Trystan is still has the "Awwww.... you're preggo!" happy-goofy smile going on.

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

#83 of 268 Old 08-09-2010, 09:18 PM

congrats

#84 of 268 Old 08-09-2010, 09:58 PM

You are SO LUCKY! I was going to TTC with my secondary next year but things went array and well, were not anymore
But i am so glad to hear you are preggo, now i can live vicariously through you!
congratulations!

#85 of 268 Old 08-12-2010, 08:07 AM

Hi Everyone just thought I would send in an update! I now have a boyfriend! Things are going wonderfully and I am very happen with the whole overall situation. We are currently moving to Burlington so I have been super stressed witht the move,getting ready for homeschool in the fall and finding time for myself.

The best part of all is that he fits into our family perfectly , the kids adore him and we can all hang out together.

The only part that has been tough has been the distance. he lives 1 1/2 hours away and I can only see him once a week. Once we are moved I will be two blocks away!!!!

This weekend we are planning on taking a trip to The Flume in New Hampshire for some much needed relaxation and time to recollect all my thoughts before the move.

How is everyone else?

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#86 of 268 Old 08-12-2010, 10:45 PM

How exciting to be moving that much closer to your boyfriend!

I have a date tonight with a very nice couple that I've known for a while. My gut says that nothing long lasting will come of this, but it'll be fun to get out and hang with some poly folk for a bit.

I'm also preparing for our home school year. Which really just means shelling out $ for stuff since we're unschoolers. I'm going to be in college as well, but my classes are really easy this semester, so i'm not stressing them much.

#87 of 268 Old 08-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Hello Life here has been kids, husband, chores, work, and his family stuff. Mark will be going back to work soon (teacher). We are also unschoolers so that is always going on. Neither one of us has had a date in a long time. We have gone to the swingers club a few times this summer. It is ok, I'm not as into it as I used to be. I'm craving something new. He is comfortable with what we have.

Mark is going on a trip to visit with Lesley, a college friend. They have a friends with benefits type of relationship. She had twins 4 months ago, so is not to interested in playing. I find it curious how little they actually talk and how superficial their talks are. We live in CT and she lives in NC so he has to fly to get there. He is comfortable to what ever when he gets there. He plans to leave Wednesday and return Sat or Sun. He would like to go to the club Sat, if I'm not working.

Oh, and we got a new computer! An iMac 27in It is very sweet.

That's a wrap,

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#88 of 268 Old 08-13-2010, 01:38 PM

Last night was amazing, the 3 of us went out to the country to watch the stars. and hanky panky ensued. It was really great, we were out til 4 am LOL DH and her are going on a date tonight while I'm working since I have had more 1on 1 time with her.

I just feel so lucky because I never in a million years thought anything like this would ever happen to me, to us.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#89 of 268 Old 08-14-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
oh, and we interrupt this thread for an important announcement:

Erthe_Mama!!!! clear out your inbox! How can I send you flirty PMs if your box is full???

and now back to your regularly scheduled thread
Oops!! Messages cleared.

Grahnola Mum: Good for you two! I'm glad you are enjoying some self-discovery.

Ravin: Welcome!!

Carolina Kel: LOL!! Those are good cookies. And congrats!!!

Peacemamalove: So nice to hear about your soon-to-be-close bf!! Also, I absolutely love New Hampshire. It's so beautiful, and the water there is so clean and tasty!

shanetedissac: pDP and I are unschooling now too! Yay!

Sharlla: That's fantastic news!

#90 of 268 Old 08-15-2010, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We just bought a new van, and I want to put those cutesy little stick figure or peekaboo face decals on it, representing the family. The question is, do I dare? It'd go DSS-DSS-DW#2-DH-Me-DD-baby(once it comes). I'd have to buy 2 packages of decals to do it properly.

What do you think?

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page