Queer & Pregnant: June, July & August 2010 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 495 Old 06-17-2010, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Coco- Yay for good #'s. Whew!

Papa- I'm in the "good for you for not worrying" camp. I'm hoping she grows big and strong!

PF- I was just going to come in here today and ask how you and Leo are doing! Give us some updates, mama!

Lyndzies- Those pics are great! She is beautiful! I LOVE the name you picked out!!! What a great, unique and very cool name! We had picked out Sophia for a girl more than a year ago, so now at least there won't be two Sophie's in our group (I already call her Sophie almost 100% of the time).

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#122 of 495 Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 PM

Lyndzies : She is so cute ! You are not biased, it is the truth ! And I love the name too !

FtMPapa : I get what you mean about the doubling with high numbers that cant double as quick. Thanks And yeah, those are great numbers and it really makes me wonder about twins...

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#123 of 495 Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 AM

coco - yay on the great #s! that's awesome. when do you have your first u/s?

papa, glad you are being zen about the cord. as for an update... f will be 5 months old next week. he is measuring off the charts like big brother and is 20lbs already!! he is almost sitting on his own and can hold the bm bottles he gets at daycare. he has been exclusively breastfed since birth...we won't offer solids until he hits 6 months but he has been watching us eat and trying to grab food for the last couple of weeks. we will make his baby food just like we did for big brother. b will be 3 in august - i find it hard to believe my baby is going to be 3!!! he is daytime potty learned - woohoo! he loves his baby brother and is already planning all the things they can do together - eat crackers, play baseball, do puzzles, play with trains, read books, etc...

our plan is still to ttc #3 starting around this time next year. dp has not yet had a ppaf but there is plenty of time yet.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#124 of 495 Old 06-18-2010, 08:58 AM

Coco- great levels, you must be so relieved!

Lyndzies- beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing! I also love your nursery theme and can't wait to see it all put together.

escher12- will be thinking about you, try not to stress. I think everyone is different and from the charts I have looked at there is a broad range that is normal and healthy. Are you getting another beta?

megincl- so soon, how exciting!!

FtMPapa- you're doing the best thing you can by staying calm. Grow baby grow!!

AFM- I have my first u/s Tuesday and cannot wait! Is it Tuesday yet?

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#125 of 495 Old 06-18-2010, 12:39 PM

Things here are great! I'm still reading this thread every day (LOVE how busy it's been) but it's harder to type. Leo is a total joy. Those first two weeks were a rough transition, but now I feel like we are getting our bearings. We are still ebf - which has been challenging for many reasons, not the least of which is that I had a breast reduction about 10 years ago. So I'm super proud of that. Leo just turned one month and there is an update (and pictures!) on my blog. www.pleasantly-furious.blogspot.com

I can't wait for all these babies to keep rolling in!!

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#126 of 495 Old 06-18-2010, 02:39 PM

PF- Thanks for posting your blog. I loved reading it! It's so wonderful reading about what's in store for us, especially the *truth* about it all that I don't get to hear much about (The Great Hormone Crash of 2010! ). He's so beautiful! Congrats, again!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#127 of 495 Old 06-20-2010, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Monarchgrrl: Thanks! I thought it was pretty rad. I'm glad you're feeling the kicks for reals now; how exciting!!! And congrats on finding your doula.

Mistral: Thank you! I thought it was cute too. And kinda weird. lol And my DP can commiserate with you for those kicks in the bum... She dislikes those quite a bit. hehe. Good luck with your nanny situation!! We have a roommate that would babysit occasionally, but we had to put an end to that because he is ridiculously permissive.

Lyndzies: Glad it made you smile! And I'll tell DP you liked the waistband thing... she thinks it's REALLY funny. Oh, and those orange owls are CUTE. Also, that drink looks very refreshing. We love basil! Thanks for sharing that.

megincl: Wow, you're so close!!

escher12: Yeah, hooray!! Hopefully ze is a healthy baby... (see afm for details)
And good for you for trusting your body! for a sticky sweetie!

AFM: Thank goddess for the returning sex drive in the 2nd tri. DP's been able to relieve her stress quite nicely that way now. TMI? Heehee. That might also have to do with the fact that her eczema is on the way out!!

Sonj notices now that she's more liable to waddle a bit and can't move really fast or the baby retaliates by performing painful jumping jacks!! She also finds that it's not as easy to get up from sitting somewhere low... our fetus really does not like to be crushed.

So the ultrasound tech wants to double check the heart in a few weeks. Also, Sonj has a low-lying placenta they want to check on at week 30. *sigh* Hopefully we can get both of those done together. We both feel pretty good about the health of our baby though! Sonja really has faith that her body will move that placenta up where it's supposed to be, and I have faith in her faith.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#128 of 495 Old 06-20-2010, 06:45 PM

It's been such a while since I've posted but I wanted to say hello tall, congrats to those just joining and good luck to those that are moving.

We just decided to tell the world that we're expecting at almost 15 weeks. Last week we were in Rochester, VT where we spend some good quality time with each other at a co-worker's second home in the green mountains. Boy was that beautiful.

I'll post more later as I resume keeping track of all of you. Stay cool in the heat!

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
#129 of 495 Old 06-20-2010, 07:41 PM

pleasantlyfurious, Thanks for sharing all the pics of Leo; he is one cutie! I especially like the most recent yawning pic....I'm partial to those. I'm glad things are starting to become a bit more routine for you and that you're over the initial adjustment hump. Yay for the cute cloth dipes, BFing and babywearing!

Lyndzies, you look great in that aqua shirt. I have the exact same one, same color and everything and look about like you at nearly 31 weeks! Thanks for sharing the drink recipe. If we ever have summer here, I'll give it a try. As for now we're still at the end of a very coldish and rainy spring and hoping the turn to summer will bring some more sun. Your little Maisie really is very cute and I'm jealous of those wonderful pictures you got that prove it. Guess we'll just have to wait to get a better visual on ours. And, I love your nursery decorations, especially the owls.

Papa, I'm sorry you got some potentially scary news and I hope it doesn't amount to anything to worry about at all. Your zen denial is surely best for both you and Ember as there's nothing you can do about it.

Megin, I can't believe how close you all are. Are you nervous about adding a second child? I sure am!

Coco, yay for reassuring beta numbers and escher12, I hope yours are just fine too. Trusting your body really is the only way to go as this is yet another situation out of your control. I hope you'll get more reassurance soon as well.

indigoscot, 5 months already? How is that possible? And, 20 pound, my goodness!

AFM, we had our first of two prenatal visits with our doula this past week as well as the apprentice doula she'll be bringing. It got me more excited about my upcoming birthing and I've been a bit more focused on my hypnobabies and reading Ina May Gaskin since then. She brought a bunch of DVDs on natural childbirth and BFing (including self led attachment) for us to borrow too which I'm psyched about. I've only watched one so far.

My occasionally itchy belly has erupted in the past couple of days into being horribly itchy constantly. I did finally today find some relief in a "natural" sting stop cream that I'm not sure is safe for pregnancy after all the lotions I was trying did nothing. So, it's been added to my list of questions for my midwife tomorrow. It's likely just stretching skin or hormones but I googled and found a scary problem it could be involving my liver's processing of bile. Yikes.

The baby's movements have changed so dramatically in the past two weeks. I rarely get kicks anymore and most of the time it's just a strong pushing out sensation with occasional all over body wiggles that feel like a seizure. Strange indeed. I kind of miss the kicks I was getting as they were more noticeable as I went about my day. These new movements take a bit more focus to feel as they are less dramatic.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#130 of 495 Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 PM

Erthe_mama - sending out vibes that the placenta moves itself along!

Kimlyn - Really, really good to see you!! Congrats on 15 weeks!!!!

Megan - I, too, am getting the all over wiggles that feel really strange, but Cate has been more of a "roller" than a kicker so I'm still getting the flips. Now that she's bigger, they're a little less fun but the wiggles sure feel frantic sometimes, don't they? So sorry you've got the itchies...fx that it's NOT cholestasis!

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#131 of 495 Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 PM

Lyndzies – I love the owls as well as the fabrics you picked out, I can’t wait to see the end result!
Papa – It’s amazing how calm you are over the whole cord insertion thing, continue to stay positive, and things will work out for the best.
Megincl – You are at the end, please update us !
Coco – Great betas!
Burg – One more day until your ultrasound!
PF – Leo is getting so big!
Erthe – Fingers crossed that the placenta moves up.
Kimlyn – Congrats on 15 weeks!
Megan – I hope the itching resolves itself soon.

AFM :
I am terrified of birth, but I need to register for classes, which means I need to really research my options, and if I am brave, read birth stories.
Dear SIL in still a challenge, I’m learning to live with her. DW goes back and fourth with her being our nanny, one day yes, one day no. I wrote her a list of parenting books to read, I hope it works.
Well, I need to run; my Mother in Law just got rushed to the hospital, update later.

ETA: MIL will be okay, she has to take it easy for the rest of the week.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#132 of 495 Old 06-21-2010, 04:55 PM

Mistral, I hope your MIL is ok!

As for being afraid of birthing, do you have some good books? I'm currently reading Ina May's Guide to Birth (I think that's the title). Her book, Spiritual Midwifery would also be really good for you to read. Fear is not your friend in labor as it creates pain. I'm loving my hypnobabies program which really helps reframe things in a way that makes me feel that this will be totally do-able and even enjoyable.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#133 of 495 Old 06-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan sacha View Post
Mistral, I hope your MIL is ok!

As for being afraid of birthing, do you have some good books? I'm currently reading Ina May's Guide to Birth (I think that's the title). Her book, Spiritual Midwifery would also be really good for you to read. Fear is not your friend in labor as it creates pain. I'm loving my hypnobabies program which really helps reframe things in a way that makes me feel that this will be totally do-able and even enjoyable.
I haven't read any birthing books, I really should read some. I'll have to look into the ones you suggested. I'm thinking of registering for a hypnobirthing class, but then apart of me wonders if I can do it, and maybe I should register for a different kind of class. I think I watched too many episodes of those birth shows while at the hospital, I have all these images of forceps and vacuums. Eek.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#134 of 495 Old 06-21-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
I haven't read any birthing books, I really should read some. I'll have to look into the ones you suggested. I'm thinking of registering for a hypnobirthing class, but then apart of me wonders if I can do it, and maybe I should register for a different kind of class. I think I watched too many episodes of those birth shows while at the hospital, I have all these images of forceps and vacuums. Eek.
A big part of hypnobabies is reprograming your mind because we all have those stories/images in our minds. The language is chosen to help with this reframing as well. And, hypnobabies encourages you to make a "bubble of peace" around yourself, no longer allowing those stories to be heard by you. Also, they have a great fear clearing session (I haven't done it yet) which many find very helpful in addressing fears head on to help loosen their grip on us.

#135 of 495 Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM

Katie has the horrible itching too! We slather on the shea butter as much as possible, but goodness, it looks horrible. Q called it poison ivy today, and I'd have to concur.

We had an ultrasound to check size today -- required because Katie has gestational diabetes. Everything looked great and right on target. The tech said our babe is "cute." I find that hilarious (and of course I KNOW she'll be cute, but on the screen...).

Right now the limbo of having no idea when she'll be born is tough. Katie had a bit of a muscle strain/pain/who knows what that had her calling the midwife this evening. Part of me really wishes this was "it," as then the limbo would be over. I don't like not knowing...not one of my strong suits.

So, we're just waiting waiting waiting here....

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#136 of 495 Old 06-21-2010, 11:28 PM

Megin and Katie - I'm so excited for you guys that you are so close!!! The wait really is maddening, but definitely soon! No one stays pregnant forever Are they letting her go into labor naturally despite the GD?

Mistral - just to echo Megan about the Hypnobabies. I did Bradley with my first, and other than that whole "Husband coached" thing (with my wife ), it was a good technique that did little to keep me from being scared after the first few contrax. I'm now doing the Hypnobabies and I'm actually looking forward to birth!...now, is that because I've done it once and obviously survived? Maybe. But I think Hypnobabies does a lot to help how you view YOUR experience and to ignore all the Hollywood-related crap. I also highly recommend the books by Ina May Gaskin. I wish I had read them prior to my first birth because I feel like I would have had more techniques and calmness.

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#137 of 495 Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 PM

I'm loving all the Hypnobabies chattery. I am really REALLY hoping it works well for me. So far, so good. I feel like it's put me into a really great frame of mind re: pregnancy and birthing. Here's hoping!

Sorry to hear about the itchies people are experiencing! Sounds like no fun at all.

megincl - hehehe @ the u/s tech. OF COURSE your baby is cute, though! No doubt about it.

Mistral - your MIL is in my thoughts; hope it's nothing too serious.

Thanks to all re: positive feedback on name and our u/s pics. Of course now all of a sudden another name has come onto the table! Bleh. It's never ending. But it's a cute one that I'm starting to get even more attached to: Carlin. Irish/Celtic meaning "little champion." Carlie or Charlie for short. We'll see. For now, she's still Jameson/Maisie.

So, I'm unbelievably excited (and proud!) to finally be able to share some photographic proof of all the hard work that's been going on over here.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#138 of 495 Old 06-22-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

AFM :
I am terrified of birth, but I need to register for classes, which means I need to really research my options, and if I am brave, read birth stories.
Thread crashing! Our doula lent us Birth As We Know It and we watched it about a week before DD was born. While a bit dated looking we both really enjoyed it and it was perfect timing to have seen it right before our home birth

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#139 of 495 Old 06-22-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
We had an ultrasound to check size today -- required because Katie has gestational diabetes. Everything looked great and right on target. The tech said our babe is "cute." I find that hilarious (and of course I KNOW she'll be cute, but on the screen...).

Right now the limbo of having no idea when she'll be born is tough. Katie had a bit of a muscle strain/pain/who knows what that had her calling the midwife this evening. Part of me really wishes this was "it," as then the limbo would be over. I don't like not knowing...not one of my strong suits.

So, we're just waiting waiting waiting here....
LOL! i have to laugh about the u/s tech - when we went for our update, the tech told me the baby looked like me! REALLY!? awfully cute to hear but on an u/s! amusing!

i hear you on the waiting bit - 2 days from 40 weeks! tomorrow is my last day at work, so i just want to get through that and then he can arrive anytime!

this is definitely a lesson for me in control and wanting to plan everything. not knowing when he is going to make his entry is forcing me to work on letting go. i guess a valuable lesson for parenting as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
So, I'm unbelievably excited (and proud!) to finally be able to share some photographic proof of all the hard work that's been going on over here.
love, love, love the room! great job

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#140 of 495 Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnoho View Post
LOL! i have to laugh about the u/s tech - when we went for our update, the tech told me the baby looked like me! REALLY!? awfully cute to hear but on an u/s! amusing!
I dunno; from what we saw on the u/s, mine kind of looks like me so far.

Thanks for the props on the nursery progress! I was going to wait till it was complete, but just couldn't help myself and really wanted to share what's been accomplished so far. Your positive feedback keeps me going.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#141 of 495 Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 PM

Lyndzies- Dang! You are quite talented. I love what you've done so far! I'd always pictured our hypothetical future baby's room as really done up and perfect, but for some strange reason neither DW or I have much need or motivation to do much with it, at least while she's a real little baby. I think it's because we don't plan to stay in our current place for too long. Hopefully the next place will be more permanent. We're still going to decorate and get some bookshelves and a dresser and some cute things, but that's it, really. Your design is sure inspiring, though! Can't wait to see more updates and the final result!

I'm ordering my Hypnobabies today! WOOHOO! Plus I bought on ebay their 4 cd combo for an easy comfortable pregnancy. I'm looking forward to that, too!

Megincl and jjnoho- Wow! So close! for the babes to come when you want!

#142 of 495 Old 06-23-2010, 09:11 AM

Hypnobabies- definitely want to check that out now, I love this board for all the helpful information

Lyndzies- the nursery looks great, I can't wait to see the finished product

megincl & jjnoho- laughing at u/s stories, thanks for sharing. You are both so close, so exciting!

Mistral- I will not say I am terrified of giving birth but I have a lot of anxiety about it. I hope you find some resources to but your mind at ease!

AFM- We had our first u/s yesterday and it was such an amazing experience to see the heart beat. I was worried for a bit because the tech kept moving the wand around and pushing down hard in different spots for a long time with no luck. We had to do a vaginal u/s (OUCH) because my uterus is retroverted but thankfully once we did that we saw our little bean clearly

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#143 of 495 Old 06-23-2010, 11:02 AM

To all: Thank you so much for the birthing advice and book recommendations. I'm downloading all those books onto my kindle, I can't wait to read them!

Lyndzies - I love, love, love what you've done to the room, and OMG, that dresser looks AMAZING.

Megincl and jjnoho - Sending plenty of birthing dust your way. Come on babies, your mommies want to meet you!

Osker - Thank you so much for everything.

Burg - So happy you were able to hear the little beans heartbeat.

#144 of 495 Old 06-24-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post

AFM- We had our first u/s yesterday and it was such an amazing experience to see the heart beat. I was worried for a bit because the tech kept moving the wand around and pushing down hard in different spots for a long time with no luck. We had to do a vaginal u/s (OUCH) because my uterus is retroverted but thankfully once we did that we saw our little bean clearly
Oh that is so cool !! Congrats on a beautiful beating heart !

We most likely will get to do our US friday or next thursday. We decided that if they do not do one at our first prenatal visit, we will pay to have one done in the private sector because we really want to know how mjany babies are in there because of the high beta...

Oh I am so happy for you... I cant wait to see ours, i think it will help me relax ;-)

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#145 of 495 Old 06-24-2010, 11:47 AM

Well well !!

Looks like DP is not immune to the childhood illnesses....... so that means she will stop working right away ! We will know for sure tomorrow. And I am not on vacation for 2 months...... that would be so awesome, 2 months together without work ! What a great way to spend our last summer without kids.enjoying each other before life becomes verrrrry busy !

Coco

#146 of 495 Old 06-24-2010, 07:22 PM

I am still so insanely jealous that Canada gives 12 months for maternity leave! We can hate you a little, right

#147 of 495 Old 06-24-2010, 08:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

Coco: What an interesting development re: your partner and work. It would be neat if you both had the summer off together!

Burg: Hooray for a great ultrasound and a beautifully beating heart!

Megincl and jjnoho: Good luck with the wait. How exciting!!

Lyndzies: I'm so impressed with all your room progress. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Mistral: How is your SIL doing with the books you gave her to read?

AFM: No news, which I guess is good in the first trimester. I haven't gone back to get my hcg retested--we were finding dealing with the staff there and waiting for the results stressful, so we decided to take a break and see what happens. I do think we're going to get an ultrasound sometime in the next week or two, just to see what's up in there. Hopefully lots of healthy growth!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#148 of 495 Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

mkpgoddess: Thanks for the good vibes! That sounds fun... I forgot about those giant wiggles!

Mistral: Thanks for those crossed fingers! Sonj and I are totally slacking with registering for classes too. She's leaning toward not going. She feels rather awkward around hetero couples because we're REALLY "dykey looking". I hope you'll consider watching some nice natural birth vids and doing some affirmations... being scared isn't fun!

megan sacha: For the itchies, maybe try some coconut oil with a couple drops of rosemary oil added. (Rosemary is fine applied topically in pregnancy, but avoid ingesting it.) It feels really nice! Also, I've found baking soda baths help dramatically with itchiness of any sort.

AFM: We're going to the first ever Goddess Festival in Canada tomorrow!! I'm psyched!!!!

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#149 of 495 Old 06-25-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post
I am still so insanely jealous that Canada gives 12 months for maternity leave! We can hate you a little, right
No, you can't. Hate your country's policies and agitate for change. The US has a an abominable reputation internationally for health care and parental leave and other support for families.

I do realize you were joking.

(Full disclosure: I get four months of leave paid at 100% from my Canadian scholarship while I'm in the US. My American employer wouldn't even hold my position - I've been promised my job back in a year, if they have an opening. I'm not FMLA eligible, and it's technically Ok by our contract. So I'm working right through in a different position and doing some very creative accounting for my hours - I'll work over time for part of my contract and undertime for another chunk, you do what ya gotta do. It's the American way.)

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#150 of 495 Old 06-25-2010, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
No, you can't. Hate your country's policies and agitate for change. The US has a an abominable reputation internationally for health care and parental leave and other support for families.

I do realize you were joking.
I am glad that you realize I was joking, I have to give Coco a hard time...it was just a follow up from our conversation on Facebook Obviously I am very happy that she and DP have that time available!

Don't even get me started on the lack of support that the US has for families, let alone queer families. The fact that DW can't put our baby on her insurance, which is much more cost effective, until the 2nd parent adoption goes through frustrates me to no end. Even if we do move to MA, which is the plan, I have not gotten a clear answer if she can be put on the birth certificate at birth. I could go on and on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page