Mothering Forum banner

Queer & Pregnant: June, July & August 2010

27K views 494 replies 31 participants last post by  erthe_mama 
#1 ·
Welcome queer & pregnant folks!

This is the list for June, July and August.

If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

Pregnant

October 2010
Lyndzies, EDD October 4
Heinleinesque, EDD October 9
FTMPapa, EDD October 10
Mistral, EDD October 17
quasar & smartycat, EDD October 26
Monarchgrrl, EDD October 28

November 2010
erthe_mama & fsonj, EDD Nov. 4

December 2010
mtnlisa, EDD December 9
kimlyn32, EDD December 12

January 2011
kythryne, EDD January 4

February 2011
korey, EDD February 2
burg, EDD February 4
Coco99, EDD February 14

March
Beastie, EDD March 21

April 2011
wherli, EDD April 1
gumshoegirl007, April 2
LibraryLady, EDD April 15
2happymamas, EDD April 15

Graduates

megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: baby girl, born 8/11/10
jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 6/4/10
ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/2009.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/2009
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/2009
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/2009
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/2009
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/2009
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/2009
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/2009
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/2009
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/2009
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/2009
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/2009
Simcon: "G", born 12/28/2008
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/2008
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/2008
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/2008
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/2008
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/2008
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/2008
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/2008
mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/2008
kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/2008
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/2008
rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/2008
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/2008
thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/2008
mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/2008
msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/2008
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/2008
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/2008

Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon

Jen
Snoopy13 (JD)
Lemurmommies
Miss Scarlett
Astropeep and FozzieBear
Milletpuff
painefaria
escher12

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

See less See more
#3 ·
We go in for the big scan this Thursday! We're hoping to find out the sex and put our questions to rest. I still think it's weird that I have no real idea if it's a boy or girl (leaning towards it being a girl), where I was so sure our son was a boy. I know that's not the most important thing, but it's driving us crazy not knowing.

#4 ·
You're welcome, FtMPapa! It's my pleasure.
I'm bored too... my hunny is napping like crazy today, and it's raining off and on.

Oooooh, you must be excited, quasar! We're excited for our scan too even though we're not finding out the sex.

Our fetus is a real mover! Ze's kicking the crap out of Sonja lately. lol She's not really a fan of hir stabby little feet. It's fun to feel from the outside though!

#5 ·
I wanna feel consistent movement.
Our bean still isn't really giving us anything to go crazy over. There was one day where s/he was moving a little bit and thumping me, but that's been about it. I think smartycat's getting worried. I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow. I would have to look back at my son's FF 'story' and see when we felt movement with him, but it seems like it was earlier than this. I had an anterior placenta with him, and I felt kicks a little later than some in my DDC last time, but this seems a little long to me. I have listened with the Doppler a few times just to reassure myself that everything was fine.

#6 ·
Yay for the new thread!

So, good news- I don't have SPD!
My midwife wasn't 100% sure and didn't like that I waited until our appt to tell her about it. She had me call the chiropractor she works with during our appt to try to get in. Luckily I was able to and it turns out that I am/was in so much pain because my uterine ligaments are loose and all my pubic muscles are overcompensating and are all cramped up. So she did a lot of very painful stuff to me that looked REALLY provacative from afar. She worked the muscles out and I was able to walk. I'm still in a bit of pain, but nothing like before. I'll see her a few times and then I'll be fine. She also said that as I get bigger and bigger that it won't hurt anymore.
I also have to sit on a tennis ball at home to keep putting pressure on the muscles to keep them loose. It looks funny and hurts.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

#7 ·
Erthe Mama - thanks for the new thread!!

Quasar - this is my second pregnancy too and I felt DD 1 a lot sooner and a lot more consistently than I do with this one. Different position? Different personality? I dunno. It wasn't really until about 22-24 weeks that I got the daily mamba/gymnastics routine with Cate. Now she's taking out my ribs by mid-afternoon and I could stand a little quiet occasionally...lol!

Monarchgrrl - so glad you don't have SPD! The tennis ball thing sounds really painful though! Hope it helps!!!

AFU - had to go for another round of mat clothes today. I'm carrying soooooo differently than with my first and my current job requires dressy blacks, so off to Motherhood we went. I also tried on their support belts because my hips and sciatica are becoming a major problem. Unfortunately, the two they had helped with lifting the belly, but not a lot of help for hip support. That, and they all sit right on the bladder, and I do NOT need more pressure there!! lol! Started Hypnobabies today and we have a doula interview on Friday. Now if we could just get the rest of the things we need to do rolling, we'd be good. I really, really want to be done with all the prep by 36 weeks since I'm already running out of energy and stamina at almost 27 weeks!

#8 ·
Hi Everyone!
I'm 5 weeks pregnant today and really thrilled to be joining you all! My due date is February 1, 2011!

I'm 34 and my partner will soon be 30. We've been together for 8 years, and just started TTC this year. I got pregnant doing an at home ICI with frozen sperm--on our second try! I can't even count the number of people who told us not to bother trying at home because it would never work. Proving them all wrong was a whole lot of fun!

I had 2 betas done. HCG was 20 at 10dpo, and 262 at 14dpo. That's a doubling time of 26.4!! That's actually the median doubling time for twins! I'd prefer a single baby but, hey, it is what it is! Just curious, has anyone had a similarly quick doubling time with a single pregnancy? I have my first appointment with a midwife tomorrow, and I'm going to request another beta to see how things are going.

I've been following this thread for about 2 months, so I feel like I know many of you already. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all even better.

#9 ·
Erthe Mama - Thank you for the new thread!

Korey - Congrats and welcome! My Beta's doubled fairly quickly and I only have one little girl in there. For me my betas = Hyperemesis, but that doesn't mean you'll have it (I hope not). I just "turned" 20 weeks, and I'm just now being able to manage my hyperemesis, and able to return to work tomorrow (part time) after being out since Feb! If you have any questions, let me know and congrats again!

Osker - You have a pool? I'm jealous, It's been crazy hot here in the Boston-Newton area.

#10 ·
Anyone who has a pool is NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT IT on this thread, mmmkay?
Kidding.

I wants a pool. I do have a river, and I'll be walking over there in a bit.

Welcome Korey! I wouldn't worry about your betas, they were done fairly far apart, at a time when betas are doubling the fastest, and earlier than a lot of people get them done. Could be twins, could not be. Congratulations either way! Will you be doing a 6 wk U/S to find out?

MIstral - oh, sweetie. I'm so glad you're feeling better. I cannot imagine what that must be like!

AFM - did I tell you all already, I have a lead on an apartment? I do. I'm nagging the property manager this afternoon if I don't hear back. I'm very, very excited - it's lead free, downtown, two bedrooms, and right next door to a couple of very, very good friends who are good baby people and good dog people, and...
for my apartment!

Quasar & SmartyCat - I am right with you on the movement. I don't feel the baby every day, and I'm still at the "wait, was that the baby? Gas? Baby?" stage. I'm certain I'm feeling her sometimes, but not consistently. And I'm 22w1d today. I'm also very fat, and I keep forgetting to ask about the placenta. I'm sure it's not anterior or someone would have mentioned it at my many, many u/s scans I've had.
I refuse to worry, but it sure is frustrating.

#11 ·
korey: welcome and congrats

i never had any betas done so i cannot comment on your numbers but wishing a happy and healthy pregnancy either way!

erthe mama: thanks for the new thread. not being the threadkeeper anymore must mean that we are in the home stretch. 37 weeks and counting... fortunately i feel great and don't have any complaints at this point. is it crazy to say that gestational diabetes was a blessing - it was a real turning point in my pregnancy and i feel so much better now and have lost weight!

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Anyone who has a pool is NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT IT on this thread, mmmkay?
Kidding.

I wants a pool. I do have a river, and I'll be walking over there in a bit.

I want a pool too, but we have a townhouse, so no pool for us! Enjoy the river!

MIstral - oh, sweetie. I'm so glad you're feeling better. I cannot imagine what that must be like!

Thank you! I can't believe that I am happy just to experience "regular" morning sickness now. But I can eat a little more variety in my diet now and I only vomit 3 times a day, so I am happy, happy, happy! Although a little nervous about returning to work tomorrow, and I don't have any work clothes! DW bought me a pair of 7 for all mankind maternity jeans (for my Bday - It was Sunday) and a few dresses but I don't think I can wear them to work except on Friday's.

AFM - did I tell you all already, I have a lead on an apartment? I do. I'm nagging the property manager this afternoon if I don't hear back. I'm very, very excited - it's lead free, downtown, two bedrooms, and right next door to a couple of very, very good friends who are good baby people and good dog people, and...
for my apartment!
Excellent news Papa, I hope you get it!

Papa - I'm sorry you aren't feeling your precious little girl yet, you will soon and she will keep you up all night long! Sometimes it might even make you sick to your stomach and sometimes she will kick your bladder.

#13 ·
Welcome Korey!! Congrats! I also have no idea about betas since I never had them checked. But, like you, I also got pregnant at home with frozen sperm, doing ICI and on the second try!
We also loved proving others wrong. Even our midwife was surprised that we didn't go the medical route. I feel very lucky that we didn't have to.

#14 ·
Wow, everyone's so grateful for the new thread! It's so nice to be appreciated
You're all welcome!

quasar: Aww, don't worry! You probably just have a more peaceful fetus.

Monarchgrrl: Wow, so glad you don't have SPD! What a relief! Cute story too; totally cracked up Sonj and I.

mkpgoddess: Oooh, Hypnobabies! We would love to try that. I wonder if there's a big difference between that and Hypnobirthing... I heard that the former is better, but I don't know why... lol

korey: Congratulations!
I just added you to the list.

Mistral: I'm happy for you that your hyperemesis is manageable now! I sure wish you weren't sick at all though. No fun. Good luck returning to work!

FtMPapa:
with that apartment! Woot! My DP also has a little "extra" as well, so I'm not sure that has much to do with it.

jjnoho: Whoa... 37 weeks already! I'm glad you're feeling better.
Thanks for handing threadkeeper over to me; it's fun!

AFM: It's so crazy that Sonja is already 18 weeks preggers!! That's practically halfway! We went shopping for maternity pants today since she's returning to work tomorrow, and there is NO WAY she's fitting into any of the dress pants she had before. lol She looked super cute with the fake belly on underneath too. heehee

#15 ·
Just returned from our birth center orientation....this whole thing is feeling very real and very close! Q came with us, and was mesmerized the whole time.

How I love hearing midwives talk who all have such love and admiration for their jobs and the birthing process.

#16 ·
Megin!! We saw you and Katie and Q there!!! (We were the late, late lesbian couple, as to keep us separate from the very cute and punctual lesbian couple)

We were going to come over and say hi but had to stuff our faces with a rushed and late dinner instead and then you ran off to the tour!

I agree with you that it is coming soon (you guys sooner than us even) and it was great to be in a community of like-minded individuals who believe in nature! Hooray for natural process!!

... if you don't live in Boston, don't read this next part...
We are totally all over having a pool party as long as you don't mind a messy pre- or post-move house... any takers??

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by osker View Post
Megin!! We saw you and Katie and Q there!!! (We were the late, late lesbian couple, as to keep us separate from the very cute and punctual lesbian couple)

We were going to come over and say hi but had to stuff our faces with a rushed and late dinner instead and then you ran off to the tour!

I agree with you that it is coming soon (you guys sooner than us even) and it was great to be in a community of like-minded individuals who believe in nature! Hooray for natural process!!

We are totally all over having a pool party as long as you don't mind a messy pre- or post-move house... any takers??
Oh my gosh! I thought you two might be there. I saw only one lesbian couple -- don't know if they were punctual or not (sitting closish to the ront, on the left side). Clearly, I wasn't paying attention! It would have been terrific to meet in person...but perhaps that will have to happen at the pool party. We are total takers, as long as a splashy 7 year old isn't too much of a problem. Do you have your own house with pool? That is super cool!!!

Glad you liked it! Are you officially birth center folks now? If so, who do you see?

To everyone -- I really can't believe that I'm finally feeling actually fluttery excited. It's been a long time coming, but I feel like this is my true focus now! (cute soft squishy dipes coming in the mail also doesn't hurt anything...)

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by erthe_mama View Post
mkpgoddess: Oooh, Hypnobabies! We would love to try that. I wonder if there's a big difference between that and Hypnobirthing... I heard that the former is better, but I don't know why... lol
I didn't do the Hypnobirthing but from what other people have said, Hypnobabies goes into much more detail about having a healthy pregnancy and birth preparation. Also, there is only one CD with Hypnobirthing and it does not encourage a lot of movement during labor whereas there are 5 classes/6 CD's that specifically work on "eyes open" hypnosis that allows the one delivering to walk, talk, and otherwise interact as they wish (or not, as they wish) while still receiving benefits of hypnotic anesthesia.

Korey - welcome!!!! Congrats on your pregnancy

Papa - YAY on the apartment possibility! Hope everything works out!!!

#20 ·
Welcome and congrats, korey!!!
Did you looke on the betabase to see where you fit in? I know with both of my pregnancies, I have had pretty fast doubling times (can't remember them offhand, sorry...) and both have been singletons. The first time around we were going crazy thinking it was going to be twins. Not sure I could've handled that.

#21 ·
Welcome Korey--good to have someone else graduate from QC! My doubling time at 17dpo was 22 hours--from 900 to 2200 in just over a day--and I have only one--I was actually disappointed at the 6 wk u/s because I really thought there would be two as there were two eggs exactly the same size three days before our insem.

We finally had our first prenatal at the (only-one-in-colorado) birthcenter yesterday (at 12w2d) and we were able hear the heartbeat right away and the baby kicked four times while we were listening to the heard. The midwife said, "OH! and that's a kick!" After 10 days of having a cold, I now feel like a totally normal person again, which is great--except that I have already outgrown all but three pairs of shorts. Also, I'm not going back to work in the fall so I have only six more days to work (and get up early) while pregnant and am pretty excited for the school year to be over!

Hope the pool party is a blast! Wish some of you lived in our neighborhood too!

#23 ·
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
I live close enough to Boston that I would come for a preggo pool party, were I invited.
(Hint, hint!)

Quote:

Hooray for a pool party! H is thrilled to have other people over to commiserate and enjoy floating weightlessly. How about Sunday at 1?
Anybody that wants in, PM me for address!!

We are in, if you'll have us.

ETA - I need to see if my swimsuit fits or is everywhere wearing Maternity suits?

ps. Papa - If you can make it, I would love to meet ya!

#24 ·
Quote:

Hooray for a pool party! H is thrilled to have other people over to commiserate and enjoy floating weightlessly. How about Sunday at 1?
Anybody that wants in, PM me for address!!

I want to come!!!! *SOB*

Enjoy, my dears!

Nothing much to report here, other than we've been working on nursery stuff, I'm getting huge, and I'm concerned about possible SPD (but I really hope I'm wrong; midwife appointment on Monday). Most of which (except that last part) has been summarized on my blog.

xoxoxo!

#25 ·
#26 ·
Mistral- I like the top one the best, too!

Lyndzies- I love the decorating you're doing! It's so cute!

I hope everyone has fun at the pool party! You should take some pics for us to see. My friend lives in a complex that has a big pool, so we're going to be spending lots of time there this summer. She lives in San Jose which is MUCH hotter than where we live and only about 40 minutes away! YAY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.