Queer Conceptions - June! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2010, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burg View Post
2nd beta was 203!! Which is a doubaling time of 20.8! I am extremely relieved.

and to all! More later, have a great weekend all!
That is wondeful news, Burg! You're off to a great start!

5grandbaby Glad that your cycle is progressing and that the meds are doing their job. Hang in there with the injections--I know they aren't easy.

Anyone have any exciting weekend plans?

We're going boating on Lake Michigan tomorrow with neighbors (who have the boat)--hope the weather holds! We're also looking at more houses on Sunday, since the divorce lawyers are still fighting it out about the SECOND house on which we've made an offer!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
We're going boating on Lake Michigan tomorrow with neighbors (who have the boat)--hope the weather holds! We're also looking at more houses on Sunday, since the divorce lawyers are still fighting it out about the SECOND house on which we've made an offer!
oh, whereabouts?

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 06-04-2010, 07:27 PM

AmandaHope- We are also house hunting. We are still waiting to hear on our second offer. In the meantime we are still looking around and going to open houses on Sundays. It's DP's bday tomorrow and I have a big surprise party planned for the pm. It should be fun!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 06-04-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
oh, whereabouts?
Honestly, I'm not sure. Our neighbors are making the plans, and we're tagging along. I think they more or less leave from Chicago. We're about 45 minutes due west of the city.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure. Our neighbors are making the plans, and we're tagging along. I think they more or less leave from Chicago. We're about 45 minutes due west of the city.
well, enjoy! i love that great big lake!!! (we live about a mile from Lake Michigan)

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 06-04-2010, 07:43 PM

Max - my partner's birthday is tomorrow too! Ah, geminis. We're celebrating all weekend - dinner/movie this evening, dog beach tomorrow during the day, drinks with friends at night, and baseball game on Sunday. Looking forward to every minute of it!

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

Old 06-04-2010, 08:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was out of town for a few days, and you all were busy! It's fun to read everyone's news.

Fivegrandbaby: I'm glad that your u/s looked good. Have fun with your birthday celebrations! They sound like fun.

MaxK: Good luck with the house hunting and birthday celebrating and the wait!

AmandaMom: The last few days of waiting to O are so so hard. Good luck surviving them!

Burg: Hooray for good doubling times!

Brill Book: It's funny how her advice works so well for some people and not so well for other people. I agree that her incredibly long lists of things you should do to increase fertility are stressful, but at some points I also appreciated having things that I could do that might help. For me, her timing advice was exactly right and relying on opks didn't work well, but I know that isn't true for everyone.

AmandaHope: I agree that the staying well hydrated makes it hard to have concentrated pee for opks. Good luck with figuring out your timing! The fertility clinic I worked with also does fresh donor IUIs if the testing was within 7 days. Boating on Lake MI sounds great. What fun! And good luck with the house search!

Korey: Your beta numbers look great! Hooray!

AmyPDX: How is the wait to O going?

Kkearney: Good luck with your wait to O! It's sweet that your KD is respectfully interested in the name.

Coco: I'm sorry your dp is sick--that's no fun at all. I hope she feels better soon!

LibraryLady: I'm glad that you're almost to your conception cycle. How exciting!

QOTD: We've told almost nobody that we are actually in the process. We did take a class for future queer parents about 10 months ago, and we told more people about that, but only three people know that we were actually trying, and so far only one person knows that we are pregnant. I'm a pretty private person, so somehow that just feels best to me.

Gellybeangrl: Welcome! This is a great group, I think.

Sarahcecile: I don't think that Brill is saying that you have to do three IUIs in one cycle in order to get pregnant, just that she's noticed that when people do three it tends to work. I definitely think most people who get pregnant do fewer than three.

AFM: I still haven't gone in for a beta test (since I was out of town this week), but I keep taking pee tests (I have a stash of internet cheapies and I figure I might as well use them), and the second line is definitely getting darker. I'm going to go in Tuesday afternoon for the bloodwork, so I'll have the results on Wednesday. It's funny how being pregnant right now feels both so right (there are a lot of reasons why it felt like this cycle should be the one) and also totally unbelievable (I am having some mild symptoms, but none so dramatic that they seem like absolute indicators, so I feel like mostly I'm just relying on the pee sticks).

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 06-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Coco - So sorry DP isn't feeling well. I hope she gets better very soon!

Max - Boobs getting bigger sounds like a good sign!

Sera - I love that the baby bug has hit DP hard. How exciting! Make those babies, girls!

AmandaHope - Thanks for your support. I hear ya on those wretched OPK's. I hope you get a clear positive very soon, along with every other fertile sign imaginable. Have fun on the lake!

Korey & Burg - Great numbers! Excellent doubling times! I'm truly so very happy for you.

Escher - Glad to hear that second line is getting darker! Thinking of you and sending sticky thoughts your way.

Kearney - Cute story about KD and his grandma's name. Good luck this cycle!

FiveGrand - I agree the Brill book, aka Lesbian TTC Bible, can put the fear in ya. Similar to the Christian Bible, no? I have to tell myself that, though she has had a lot of experience, this Brill person can't be right about everything. On another note, it sounds like your doc is serious about getting you pregnant. I'm sure this cycle will be the one. You've got quite a weekend ahead of you. Enjoy it!

AFM, still waiting.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 06-04-2010, 10:35 PM

Korey,

That's so funny because I was looking at catheters today at our medical supply and thought to myself "I should just ask the girls what they've used". HOW PERFECT! I already placed my order

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 06-05-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxK View Post
AmandaHope-
GellyBean- [/B]Welcome! I am also 37, and will turn 38 at the end of this month. I started out with a KD who had low motility too. I have been trying several cycles with new frozen sperm but so far it's not working. Just found out my prolactin was high, so I'm taking medication to lower it. Hopefully you will be pregnant soon! I will do research on your pills, sounds like a good option to Clomid. I am waiting to take Clomid as a last resort (almost there.)
I will be 38 the middle of next month....how cool is that. I really hope to be knocked up at age 38. Happy ttc!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
well, enjoy! i love that great big lake!!! (we live about a mile from Lake Michigan)
We live about 90 miles South West of Chicago! I used to live in chicago but I met the love of my life and left the lake. I sooo love sailing on it too. :-)

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 AM

Sorry so many posts...I'm still trying to learn everyone and get everything everyone is saying. I'm thinking about keeping note pad by the computer and jot down what I want to say so that I can do like you all do and reply to everyone in one post.

We did tell DP's family and some friends the first time we tried, but it was so hard when we were bfn, that this time around we have decided that we won't tell anyone until we are bfp.

As far as this tom cat catheder and IUI vs. ICI which did you use Korey? Does anyone have any suggestions? My partner feels comfortable with doing the home insem either way.

Hope you all have a great weekend...it is going to be a wet one here..so I guess that we'll stay inside.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybeangrl View Post
We live about 90 miles South West of Chicago! I used to live in chicago but I met the love of my life and left the lake. I sooo love sailing on it too. :-)
Ok, when we're all knocked up, we need to have a Chicago-area party with you, me, Wehrli, and anyone else who is willing to make the drive. If we ever get a house (grr), we'll host!

Old 06-05-2010, 02:39 AM

escher12 - use 'em all up! You won't be needing those pee sticks for quite some time (assuming there's a #2 in your future).

fivegrandbaby - that sounds like a perfect weekend. What kind of baseball game?

AmandaHope - enjoy the lake! That sounds divine. I grew up in MN, and Lake Superior visits were a summer tradition. Those lakes are amazing.

maxK - good luck with the surprise!

korey & burg - great numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybeangrl View Post
As far as this tom cat catheder and IUI vs. ICI which did you use Korey? Does anyone have any suggestions? My partner feels comfortable with doing the home insem either way.
We're using the tom cats, too, to do DIY IUIs. We did one in April (waaaay before O, so let's just call that one a practice), and it went well. Surprisingly well, in hindsight, given that my cervix wasn't nearly as open as we later found out it can be (this was the first cycle with cervical observation). Our very first cycle was a shot-in-the-dark ICI, with just the 5cc syringe. This cycle we're doing two DIY IUIs.

Belated QOTD (QOTOD? Question of the other day?): I'm waaaay more chatty than DP is about TTC, though I try to respect her wishes and keep things vague. Ironically, our closest friends just know that it's in our near-ish future, but my boss knows that we're actively trying. Meanwhile, my younger sister and I aren't very close, but we've been chatting online more lately. I spilled the beans to her a few days ago. She has close friends who had to undergo a lot of fertility treatments to conceive their first, so my sister speaks the language. She immediately asked if I'm taking my BBT every day - I love it! She had lots of questions, and I didn't feel the need to hold back. I'll keep her in the loop on our progress. It'd be nice to have an outlet to tell right away, and it may be a way for us to build a relationship as adults.

AFM otherwise - still waiting to O. CD 10, still low on the monitor, swim team should be on an airplane right about now, and fingers crossed we're a go sometime mid to late next week.

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
Old 06-05-2010, 09:33 AM

AmyPDX and AmandaMom : A toast (while you can still have it) to an O that comes soonly rather than later and to a perfect timing !

escher12 : Enjoy your two lines ! You most definitely deserve to ! Hopefully we get to see that soon too !!!

AmandaHope : Well we are supposed to have an exciting weekend because as my father works with Tourism Montreal, once a year they give out passes to most of Montreal's attractions (meseums, etc.) and its valid for the whole month of june ! I want to go to the science meseum (lots of things to play with and experiment!), to the archeology meseum (really cool because you go down under the city !) I want to take the funicular to the top of the olympic tower (the tallest leaning tower in the world !) and I want to go to the botanical gardens... but that one will depend on the weather... . and on convincing DP to come along ;-) The list of free venues is about 5 pages long tho so maybe we'll do even more !

korey : Those are great numbers ! Wahoo for a sticky bean !! (i love the sheep and never have a reason to use him... you dont mind do you ??)

Burg ; I am happy that your second beta relieved you ! Yay !!!

As for us... well DP is feeling better now and after many days of her temp going down down down....... it actually went back up more than .04 F this morning ..... and on 14 DPO no less .............. We didnt test because I told her I was too scared . Clomid seems to lenghten her LP so I dont want to get my hopes up for that ....... but temps going UP ??? *sigh* We'll test tomorrow if AF doesnt show today.

Well, take care and have a great weekend everyone !

Coco
xxxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 AM

Coco99-- BWUAHAHAHAHAAAAA on the sheep.

Library-- I leave for the big OK a week from today (Saturday) It's 110 here today, hoping for cooler weather there (but I know the humidity is gonna kill me)

AFU--Im hunting my ovulation like a cat and mouse game. This month im using the OvaCue saliva test, the CBE monitor, AND the smiley face CBE sticks, AND the OvaCue vaginal sensor. IF ALL THAT CANT FIND MY LH SURGE THEN IM STUMPED.

There are four of us girls that run around here in El Paso, we all do yoga together, lunch, dinner, etc and were all ttc (the other three are straight and married), anyway, they ALL THREE found out they were pregnant the same day (coincidentally, the same day I found AF) back in December. Thank goodness they are all having healthy pregnancies. It has been hard at times for me, but overall easier than I thought it would be. They are all due within 2 days of each other in August (they are big as houses now) Anyway, Im getting excited about meeting their new little ones (2 girls and a boy), but even more anxious (if that is even possible) to start our own family with less furry children. HERE'S HOPING!

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 AM

coco, i thought it was over for you two.... but now i am hopeful for you again!! FX!!!

Amy, i hope everything lines up beautifully and this cycle is "the one"!

AHope, we will definitly have to all get together once we are all knocked up!! i will offer to host, however, i am about 90 miles due north of chicago... and that would be a ways for you both...

gelly, you will get used to the boards... don't feel bad about the lack of personals until then! glad to hear you are close by, as well... let's hope the next of all of our [trying] cycles work and we can get together as preggo ladies soon!!

AMom, good luck with your wait to O... it can be so frustrating! sending fertile thoughts your way!!

escher, how neat it must be to see the lines getting darker! i never once poas after my bfp (or before for that matter). enjoy poas and good luck with your beta!! stick baby stick!!!!

5G and max, my dp is a gemini too! she is on the cusp of cancer tho... i'm taking her to see RENT, it's a surprise and i can't wait!! gotta love those geminis!

korey and burg, i am so happy that your betas look good!!!

kearney, good luck with the wait... i hope you catch that egg!!

sera, oh, are you going to try at the same time?? my mom want's dp and i to try and get pg at the same time with the same donor... "then they'll be like twins". i said, "will you be moving in to take care of us both, then"

afu, nothing too exciting planned this weekend... i've got a list of things to do that's a mile long, chores mostly... but dp got offered overtime and is at work today, so i shouldn't have too much trouble getting most of it done. tomorrow we are going to this really cool bar, it's called safehouse and it's got all sorts of trap doors and secret codes. to get in you have to know the password. anyway, we are taking our neice there in lieu of a bridal shower (because we couldn't make it to hers) so that should be fun!
i should be Oing just after her wedding so i'm not sure we will insem but with all of dp's OT $$ i was hoping to afford one vial to do ICI at home this month... we shall see...

Old 06-05-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
AFU--Im hunting my ovulation like a cat and mouse game. This month im using the OvaCue saliva test, the CBE monitor, AND the smiley face CBE sticks, AND the OvaCue vaginal sensor. IF ALL THAT CANT FIND MY LH SURGE THEN IM STUMPED.

There are four of us girls that run around here in El Paso, we all do yoga together, lunch, dinner, etc and were all ttc (the other three are straight and married), anyway, they ALL THREE found out they were pregnant the same day (coincidentally, the same day I found AF) back in December. Thank goodness they are all having healthy pregnancies. It has been hard at times for me, but overall easier than I thought it would be. They are all due within 2 days of each other in August (they are big as houses now) Anyway, Im getting excited about meeting their new little ones (2 girls and a boy), but even more anxious (if that is even possible) to start our own family with less furry children. HERE'S HOPING!
missed your post due to posting simultaneously...
wow, that must have been a hard AF in dec... i'm glad things are easier now and that you get to meet their babes soon... hopefully you will be knocked up by then! HERE'S HOPING!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:40 PM

Wehrli Is Rent in Chicago?! My DP and my b-days are both coming up, and that would be fantastic! By the way, my geography is terrible--are you near Madison? We've been wanting to get up there ever since we moved to IL last summer. Maybe next Sunday? If you have suggestions about favorite things to do there (or would be interested in meeting us for lunch or something, if it isn't too far, etc.), please let me know!

Scarlett belated (by 6 mo) s for dealing with all three of your friends getting BFPs on the SAME DAY. That is NUTS. Glad you've been coping so well.

Coco I'm so happy that you get a bit of hope today! And I'm REALLY hoping that you get a big surprise tomorrow. And thank you for the sweet toast.

Amy Great that you get to do DIY IUIs. Hope they do the trick this cycle!

5G Your weekend sounds lovely--hope the b-day celebration is just perfect.

AMom You have more fortitude than I do. I'm using those freakin' swimmers this weekend. I'm considering a very low temp today to be a primary sign (gulp) and going for it. I hope you get some (more reliable) signs very soon. Hang in there.

AFM Well, instead of going out on the lake, I'll be inseminating today. It is thunderstorming like mad (pretty cool, actually--though my dog is freaking out), and my temp dropped to new depths today. I never did get an OPK positive, and my $%^&ing monitor still reads low (probably because of the DHEA supplement again), but I had a definite test line on the OPK two days ago, and with the huge temp drop today, I'm going for it. I'll do one IUI at 4pm and another tomorrow morning. The second one will probably be too late, but hey--I've had this tank in my living room for a week, and I usually err on the early side, so apart from the $$$ , it can't hurt, right? Hopefully, this will be my last cycle trying to get the timing right on my own. Next month, I plan to be knocked up or under the care of an attentive RE. I had no idea how difficult it would be to coordinate the swimmers, practitioners, KD, sperm bank, FedEX, testing supplies, and my own indecisive body. I swear it is considerably more complicated than buying a house.

So fingers crossed for a successful (if somewhat haphazard) set of inseminations!

Old 06-05-2010, 01:31 PM

AHope, RENT is being put on by a local group in Milwaukee... we are not too close to Madison (2 1/2 hrs). we are about 18 miles north of the WI/IL border about 1 mile from the lake... madison is southern mid-state. i recommend spending time there! there is a bookstore (feminist/lesbian) called "a room of one's own" i recomend checking it out. we won't be around to meet for lunch, that's too bad...
GOOD LUCK with insems this weekend!! getting pg is much better than any trip onto the lake! funny it's so stormy there... it's sunny and beautiful here! enjoy those storms, i love them myself.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
5G and max, my dp is a gemini too! she is on the cusp of cancer tho... i'm taking her to see RENT, it's a surprise and i can't wait!! gotta love those geminis!
HAHA, early surprise for me!!! Honey, you know I read this board, you must have been half asleep! Although, it's still an awesome birthday surprise even if the surprise came 2 wks early!! LMAO

DP and I together 12 years stillheart.gif Mom to DS nocirc.gif born 4/4/11

belly.gif #2 kiddo due 3/13/14

Old 06-05-2010, 05:09 PM

AmyPDX - Have I mentioned how much DP and I love Portland? We desperately wanted to move there from Arizona instead of here to North Carolina, but it just wasn't in the cards for us. We plan to visit again very soon, though. Good luck catching that elusive egg!

gelly - Enjoy your weekend indoors. I the rain.

Coco - That temp rise on 14dpo looks promising!

Miss Scarlett - With all that equipment, you're bound to catch your surge. Good luck!

wehrli - Thanks for the fertile thoughts! It helped! Have fun at Safehouse - it sounds like a very cool place to hang out.

AmandaHope - Good luck with your insems this weekend, and enjoy those thunderstorms. I love 'em too! Just sunny, hot, and extremely humid here today... but I can't complain.

jenmostoften -

AFM, I've reached CD24... and finally got a positive OPK! I started with a CVS cheapie then double-checked with a digital to be sure. I've got EWCM and ferning on the microscope. My signs are lining up nicely. I'm going to O after all! There was a bit of a scare when I called the RE's office and it was closed. It took a while, but I was able to reach our RN through the answering service and she said she and the doc will be there tomorrow anyway. IUI and conception will take place tomorrow morning!

If everyone could please send out some fertile, soft, open cervix thoughts my way, I would greatly appreciate it. If you recall, my last visit was somewhat traumatizing, and I want this IUI to go as smoothly as possible.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 06-05-2010, 05:28 PM

AmandaMom TeamAmanda on the move! So excited that both of us will insem this weekend and will do the tww together. I'm envious of your positive OPK, but I now have a nice, open cervix and lots of ewcm, along with the big temp drop, so I'm pretty confident that my not-so-faint OPK line two days ago was the closest to positive I'm going to get. I'm really glad you got it, though!
So here's sending lots of EASY IUI VIBES your way. I hope that this time, your cervix will be cooperative, and your doc will be gentle. Let's conceive!

Old 06-05-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmostoften View Post
HAHA, early surprise for me!!! Honey, you know I read this board, you must have been half asleep! Although, it's still an awesome birthday surprise even if the surprise came 2 wks early!! LMAO
This cracks me up. You two are sweet.

Update: IUI #1 complete! The midwife said that this is the easiest IUI she's done with me. The catheter just slid easily all the way in! (sorry if TMI ;-). O anytime between now and tomorrow at 12pm (after the second IUI) would be perfect!

Old 06-05-2010, 11:31 PM

AHope: Glad the insem went well!

AMom: Hope the insem goes well!

jenmostoften: Don't you just love early surprises?

wehrli: Oops! On the up side, at least it was a good surprise! That bar sounds like loads of fun.

Scarlett: I'm glad it's been easier than you expected. A friend came by today and made a comment about how I was probably shocked that I was going to be the last (other than KD and wife, who aren't having any) of our group of friends to have a baby. She doesn't think about things sometimes...

Coco: My fingers will be firmly crossed in the morning!

Amy: Hope those swimmers are right on time!

escher: I'd probably keep POAS too

burg and korey: Those numbers sound great!

5G: Hope those eggs are ready and waiting...

kkearney: I hope it was a good name!

gelly: I think pregnant at 38 is a great goal.

AFM:

I'd totally drive to the Chicago area for a party! My mom grew up in SW Michigan, and I haven't been there in a while.

I wish I could use the TomCat, but I'm pretty sure I'd need someone else's help, and I'm surely not asking KD or wife for that. Maybe I could find someone willing...

It's been really hard for me not to drive to KD's house this weekend. He told me he was fine either way, so I know he's there and willing...but I have willpower, darn it! I found two fertility clinics in his area willing to do self-referred analyses, so I figure I'll give him the choice and go with it.

I got the part-time midwifery job that (I think) I mentioned earlier, working as a home birth assistant! Woot! Unfortunately, it doesn't even come CLOSE to covering all of my bills, so I'm still on the hunt for something else to go with it, but it makes me happy nonetheless to be doing what I actually want to be doing.

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
Old 06-05-2010, 11:48 PM

Chiquittay Congratulations on the job! Wow...a birth assistant...I'm jealous. If there were three of me, one would have my current job (academic), one would be a marine biologist (at UC Santa Cruz or somewhere like that ;-), and one of me would be a midwife. I understand that it doesn't pay well, though, and I hope that something else comes up to supplement it. Isn't it wonderful to get paid (even if underpaid) for work one loves?

Also, DP and I stayed home so we could do the IUI, but my DD went boating after all, on Lake Geneva (for you IL/WI folks), avoided the thunderstorms, and had an incredible time. She can be overly-cautious sometimes, but she really got into riding the innertube behind the boat. She even got flipped off by accident but found it exciting. I'm so proud of her for being adventurous and trying something new. But now she's at a sleepover, and I miss her! They do grow up fast...

Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 AM

I am still in shock...............

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post

I am still in shock...............

Coco
xxx
Wahoo Coco!!!!!!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 AM

COCO!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 06-06-2010, 12:11 PM

COCO!!! YAY! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU & DP!!!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif

User Tag List