Queer Conceptions - June! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Indigo~ Thank you for the tip. I'll make sure I've got pantiliners in my purse (I have them from my lovely progesterone suppositories~ mmm!) I too am looking forward to seeing the screen and seeing my insides. I've been interested in the ultrasounds I've been having, too. I hope there aren't any problems, and that the 'cleanout' makes a perfect little egg chute and we get our bfp this month. I'm ready for my dancing veggies!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#122 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 PM

"So my QOTD for anyone who's undergone this process: what should I expect? I know it's not supposed to be painful, but how do they go about 'gently filling the uterus with idoine' as my doctor's info page says? Anything anyone knows will be much appreciated"

When I had the HSG it was painful. I definitely agree - take Ibuprofen. 800mg. I have to have it done again this go around. My HMO requires it for infertility and since that's the route I have to go... Plus they say any abdominal surgery can cause problems and I had a c-section with my DS.
When I had the procedure the first time the cramping was very painful. They also had a really hard time with the speculum. I had never had a problem before and I think it was because of nerves and it was a guy - which was a first for me in so many ways. LOL But it is kind of cool to see the dye flow through. I am actually looking forward to the test because it will put me on the path to getting back in the game. Definitely bring a pad or pantyliner. I only spotted for a short time. Good luck!

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#123 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 PM

9 DPO and I did a pregnancy test today, it was BFN. I will still continue to test everyday and hope it turns positive.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#124 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Library, RE the HSG test... mine was absolutley painless! but afterward i felt like i needed more than the pantyliner i had... just my

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#125 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM

Beastie Are you lurking? You were going to try again in June, right? How are things?

Max BFNs are no fun, but I hope the next few days bring you a BFP.

Wehrli I really don't know what I'd do if I were you. If you can afford it, one insem wouldn't hurt, right, if it makes you happy...but with your previous experience with BFNs from a single washed ICI, it might be a long shot. I guess it depends what kind of month you want to have, you know? That's a hard one.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#126 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 03:31 PM

LibraryLady - I know a lot of women have painless HSGs, but mine was terrible. I don't want to freak you out, but I wish someone would have been a little more honest with me on how it might feel. The problem with HSGs is that most of the time, radiologists do them, and they don't really know their way around your lady parts as much as your RE would. If you want to read about my experience, it's easier if I just send you to my fivegrandbaby blog. Here's the link to the entry: http://fivegrandbaby.wordpress.com/2...sterosal-what/

Let me know if you have any other questions. If I ever have to get it done again, you better believe I'm getting my hands on some vicodin beforehand.

AmyPDX - We went to a Dodgers game! It was great.

AmandaHope - I freaking hate OPKs. I can't wait to get knocked up to be done with them for a while! Dang! I'm glad your other monitoring worked out though.

gellybean - Definitely take Brill with a grain of salt. It's very alarmist, that book. Helpful in spots, but scary in others. I had to stop looking at it.

AFU - The birthday weekend was incredible! So much fun.

And then, the ultrasound this am... only ONE mature follicle. He was aiming for four or five, and was surprised to see only one. I'm refusing to let pessimism creep in. After all, you only need ONE EGG to make a baby, right?

He did say our chances are way better because we've been doing the drugs, even if there is only one egg. The drugs make your eggs more healthy in general. Still... we were disappointed. I will say though, part of me is relieved, because I was starting to sort of freak out at the possibility that I would get four eggs and four would be inseminated and we'd have to explore reduction... *shudder. It would be nice though to know that there were 3-5 chances of a baby being made... now it's just one egg. We trigger tomorrow night and go in for the IUI Friday morning, and I start the progesterone on Saturday. I'm not looking forward to the trigger shot (the needle is ENORMOUS) or the progesterone...

...but I am looking forward to a baby. Pleaseohplease!

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

#127 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 04:24 PM

5G Hmm...sorry to hear that you don't have as many follicles as you expected, but hey--one nice egg is all it takes, for sure, and if the meds mean that it is an uber-egg, all the better! By the way, I read your blog, and it is great. I appreciate your wit and writing style. The first entry, "the old fashioned way," is my favorite. I can relate completely.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#128 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Wow~ thank you ladies for all the information, quality and quantity! Fivegrand, I'll check out your blog in a few minutes, I just wanted to say thanks and to assure you I'm packing my ibuprofins and maxipads. I very much dislike pads, but will make an exception this time. I'm sorry about your follicles, though. But like you said, it takes just one egg and one little swimmer. My fingers are crossed crossed crossed for you.

Max~ BFN at 9dpo is nothing! Keep going girl, you'll be next on our wave of bfp!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#129 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 PM

korey - I will totally join you in the February DDC. My conception date was two days ago, June 6, which puts me at a due date of Feb 27th. I just need that BFP, and I'll be there!

Library - Hooray for a fresh, new cycle! This is going to be THE ONE! I'm sure your procedure will be a breeze, and you'll reap the power-washing benefits with a BFP in the end. Go team Amanda!

Wehrli - That's a tough one. I would hate to sit out another cycle, too. That in mind, I would probably still wait until I could get an IUI. That's what worked for you last time. There might be a reason for that, like your CM is inhospitable to sperm, or the swimmers are kind of weak and need that extra boost. The only real problem with doing an at-home insem this cycle is the cost, though, right? So if you've got a couple hundred bucks burning a hole in your pocket, I say go for it. It certainly can't hurt. I'm a big help, huh?

Max - Sorry about your BFN. It sounds like you're staying positive, though! 9dpo is way early; I'm sure it will turn into a BFP very soon.

5Grand - One egg and one swimmer are all it takes.

AFM, 2dpo and I'm ready to test! Does anyone else get BFP dreams every 2WW? Mine dream last night had me getting a BFP at 4dpo. I'm still going to try my best to hold out until 11dpo.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#130 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 PM

Hello Ladies....how are you?

A quick question has anyone used Midwest Sperm Bank out of Chicago? If so...what did you think of them? DP and I were looking at using California Cryobank...but they are pretty expensive, and we don't need all those extras.

I'm on CD7 and waiting to O. Nothing much more going on here.

Congrats CoCo!!! and Korey!!!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#131 of 431 Old 06-08-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivegrandbaby View Post
And then, the ultrasound this am... only ONE mature follicle.

He did say our chances are way better because we've been doing the drugs, even if there is only one egg. The drugs make your eggs more healthy in general.
It was the same for us and... well it worked ! Meds seem to have made a difference in the maturity of DP's eggs so hopefully it will be the same for you ! Our second medicated cycle was the right one.

Best of luck !!

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#132 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 AM

Good morning~ Temp went down again today, but is still baaaaaaarely above the coverline, but I know AF is going to be here soon. I've been crying at the craziest things! I bawled last night watching Glee, which isn't unusual, but I also bawled while watching the UCLA/Arizona softball game and one gal hit a grand slam home run. I'm so corny.

AmandaM~ I hear you about those BFP dreams! I had one one time that I had to pee on my stick but I was in a public restroom and the whole thing devolved into a gruesome I Love Lucy type scene with GIANT cups of pee in stacks around the inside of the bathroom stall. Our minds play strange tricks on us, especially at these times. Good luck on your wait, and GO TEAM AMANDA! I love the 'power-wash' phrase~ that's exactly what it is.

Gelly~ Welcome back. I've never used that bank, but I did notice a few threads about it out there on the forum guide. Maybe someone else will be more helpful.

I'm so ready to get this next cycle started! Come on AF! Let's get this show on the road!

#133 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Hi all,

I was superstitiously delaying my official return to the Queer TTC board until my June cycle starts at the end of this week, but since AmandaHope reached out (thanks for thinking of me!), I figured I could join in again now.

*warning: this paragraph contains info on conception and loss*
For those of you who don't "know" me, I was a regular on this board when I started TTC in September. I got pregnant on the first try (!) with at-home ICIs (3 vials, 2 inseminations). Unfortunately, we got bad news about our fetus' development through a fluke early ultrasound and learned that the fetus had a condition that wasn't compatible with life. We waited for a confirmation ultrasound at 10 weeks, and made the decision to terminate the pregnancy at 13 weeks. The whole thing was entirely heartbreaking and difficult, and we took off about 6 months to recover emotionally (and to wait until a better timing window with my academic job).

What else? I'm queer, partnered to my trans DP for 7 years, and a professional nerd. You can see my chart(s) here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/251486

It's been a super hard year for us, but I've found a lot of comfort in lurking on the Queer TTC board and celebrating the many conceptions since I left. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a bit more, and to a very fertile summer for us all!

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#134 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
It was the same for us and... well it worked ! Meds seem to have made a difference in the maturity of DP's eggs so hopefully it will be the same for you ! Our second medicated cycle was the right one.

xxx
Ahhh, Coco, you made my night last night! I checked in before bed and saw this post. Thank you for the encouragement! In our RE's words, we have a "gajillion times better chance" with this cycle than other cycles. (obviously - gajillion *might* be pushing it - I think he was trying to make us feel better because he knew we were wanting more follicles.) He said my lining is REALLY thick - which is good!

I'm real scurrrred of the trigger shot! The needle is crazy big. Although, I shouldn't be, because it can't possibly hurt more than the 2 shots they gave me in my cervix for my hysteroscopy. (There's no such thing as TMI here, right?)

Thinking a lot of baby-making thoughts for me and everyone else here!!

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

#135 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Beastie-- Welcome Back! I'm glad that you and DP have taken the time you needed to recover (as much as possible, anyway) from your loss. It must be exciting (if also daunting?) to be nearing your next cycle. Given how easily you conceived last time, I'm hoping that you'll only be back on this board for a brief spell. As for the academic schedule, I've taken some solace in my BFNs this spring in knowing that a summer pregnancy and spring birth would actually work well with my (lame) parental leave policy and work responsibilities. There's no way my dept will try to get me to teach if I'm due smack dab in the middle of the semester (with a history of preterm birth with my DD). If I'm preggers now (here's hoping...), I'll have a Feb. 26th due date, which would be great.

5G: I've never had a trigger shot, but others here have, and no one has mentioned it being especially painful. What do you other experienced folks have to say about this? And hey--if you can take two shots to the cervix (OUCH!), you should be fine. Maybe do that ibuprofin before-hand trick, though. ;-)

AFM I must say that 4dpo is a rather painfully liminal place to be. I got nauseous this morning, but it was clearly the result of having just taken vitamins and supplements. Sigh.
Question for the wise I'm planning to do the 7dpo blood work panel on Saturday. There is no way to tell from that test whether I'm pregnant, is there? Would my progesterone levels be elevated if I were?

#136 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 PM

Aw, Beastie - I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm sending you tons of wishes for a healthy and fertile summer!

#137 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM

AmandaHope: My RE said there's absolutely no reason to do the blood work before the 2ww is up. He said your progesterone level won't tell you anything at that time.

Easy for him to say - being a dude and never having to experience the wait firsthand! Sigh.

#138 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivegrandbaby View Post
AmandaHope: My RE said there's absolutely no reason to do the blood work before the 2ww is up. He said your progesterone level won't tell you anything at that time.

Easy for him to say - being a dude and never having to experience the wait firsthand! Sigh.
Thanks, 5G! Good to know what (not) to expect. I'll just have to stick it out until next Wed. to test.

#139 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM

I am so so bad about keeping up!
Coco!!!

Library Lady - hoping AF shows quick!

AmandaMom I hope those BFP dreams are true!

5 Grand Baby - it only takes one, I hope that is a ready ready egg for you! And don't worry about the trigger shot. I had one last cycle and it was no biggie.

[BMaxK][/B] 9 dpo is way early, hang in there. A dear friend is 11 weeks pregnant and although she tested positive by 9dpo with her previous two kiddos, this time she didn't till 13dpo.

Sorry I don't have much more time for personals, bad bad mdc user.

AFU: We had a talk last night discussing when we would throw in the towel. As background, we started last August with an ICI with frozen, then from January till May did 5 back to back ICI cycles with our KD (3 insems each time), and now one IUI (with frozen) with monitoring and trigger shot. It's getting ridiculous (for us). So we've decided we're going to do one more IUI with monitoring and trigger shot, 1 IUI with clomid, monitoring and trigger shot, and then if I am still not pregnant accept that our family is going to be made of 3 people and only 3. I feel some kind of relief knowing that we've decided. I also feel freaked out by the idea of being so close to quitting. I know in a few years we could change our minds and try again (I'm 29), but our DD is 4 1/2 and so the age gap becomes way more than we ever imagined.

We have an amazing amazing kiddo, and I feel so lucky to get to be her mother, I know I could move on with my life, even if I would never be able to put down the burden of this struggle.

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

#140 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 06:31 PM

Sarahcecile I admire your ability to reassess you plans, as needed, and to appreciate what you already have. At the same time, I know the struggle to be satisfied with one child. That's where I was trying to get for about 4 years, and we're ttc again because I just couldn't stay in that place. I really hope that you get pregnant in the next two months! But if you don't, it sounds like you'll be just fine with your beautiful family as it is.

#141 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 PM

LibraryLady - I'm glad I'm not the only one with BFP dreams. Yours was extremely funny... and a little disturbing.

Welcome back Beastie! I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been very hard. Here's hoping you get knocked up on the first try again!

fivegrand - I'm sure the trigger shot won't be as bad as you think. Good luck!

AmandaHope - Though I had to look up "liminal" on dictionary.com (and I pride myself on my vocabulary! ), I would have to agree with you about these days so early in the 2WW. Any symptoms I do have are completely irrelevant until there's at least a chance implantation has occurred. Sigh.

Sarahcecile - Since you have developed this plan to throw in the towel after a couple more months, I'm sure you'll get that BFP at the last minute. That's how these things usually work.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#142 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

It may take me a bit to catch up enough to get all the personals (and maybe to answer a few of the old QOTDs), but I'll do my best...

fivegrand: I'm sending painless trigger shots your way, and hoping that that egg is ready and waiting at just the right moment. Plus, it's got to be a good sign that this exact thing worked for Coco!

AmandaHope: Boy oh boy could we have a talk about crappy parental leave and the other myriad problems of navigating ttc in an academic environment. Knowing that you and your DP have made it work once is a model for me, though. I hope we both get knocked up soon and can help each other navigate the madness. 4DPO might be liminal, but you're also in the home stretch! Here's hoping this is you last TWW for at least 10 months.

Sarahcecile: I also admire your ability to set limits that keep you sane and make sense for your family. Still, a lot can happen in two cycles! As for adjusting plans later, I know from my recent long break that there can be real clarity of purpose in a pause from the TTC mania.

Librarylady: It's not over till it's over, but if it IS over, I hope you get to leap into your new cycle soon.

Ok, that's as far back as I can remember. Sending fertile vibes to those waiting to O and sticky vibes to those in the TWW...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#143 of 431 Old 06-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Sarahcecile- I am in the exact same place as you but almost 9 years older. We are currently discussing the use of Clomid.

QOTD- For those of you using Clomid, can you please share your thoughts, feelings, and experience with Clomid. How much do you take and in what form? I'm rather scared but want to try it.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#144 of 431 Old 06-10-2010, 10:14 AM

Good morning ladies~ TTC madness this morning, it's amazing how the mind works once it gets in this groove. My temp's been dropping and I've been expecting AF any second, but this morning when I took my temp it had gone up a bit and I had a one-second flash of 'Maybe it's implantation!' Um, no, since I didn't insem, it couldn't possibly be that, but I still got briefly excited. Crazy, I tell ya.

Beastie~ welcome! Your story does sound pretty harrowing, but we're glad to have you back. Hopefully you'll be part of our big June success story and we can all move on together.

Amanda M~ My BFP dream was kind of disturbing, but funny in its own way that only we could understand.

AmandaH~ The limbo you're in is so exhausting~ big hugs and then an extra hug for the use of the word 'liminal'. Yay for word nerds!

Max~ I have no clomid experience, but am looking forward to hearing what others have to say.

SaraC~ I'm of the opinion that now that you've made this decision, you will relax and a BFP will result. Fingers crossed.

AFM~ Still waiting for the raven...

#145 of 431 Old 06-10-2010, 11:13 AM

Library, i hear ya on the TTC madness! in the last 2 cycles of waiting to be "ready" i have had some of those moments where i thought, "could i be pregnant?" uh, no, dummy... haven't imsemed in 3+mo. oh, well... we will both be able to obsess over temp spikes soon enough... i should be just behind you!

Max, i had been on clomid for 7 months... it's not too bad. i was on 50mg. worst Sx were: backache pre-O, bloating post-O (more than usual), and hot flashes CD5-O. oh, and decreased CM. not all months were as bad as others... not too bad considering i don't always O regularly and it took a lot of pressure off on the timing... it made me O on the same day every month i took it! my OB prescribed it to me for 6 cycles without monitoring (just a 7DPO check on my progesterone to see how strong O was), then the 7th month i went to the RE and used it the cycle i got pg. G/L!

Beastie, good to see you again! i hope your stay here is short and sweet... i don't know if there is anyone but me left from the time you got pg... (sorry if i am forgetting someone). i'm glad your time away has allowed you to heal. best of luck to you.

sarah, i am sending loads of baby dust your way!

AHope, as i mentioned before... 7DPO progest test can determine how "strong" O is, if you O'd at all, and also if your progest is high enough to sustain implantation and pregnancy. they cannot/will not do HCG at this time and there is no way of telling if you are pg from the progest draw. i believe anything above 15 is considered an ovulation, and if you are on fertility drugs (i believe you are not) then they want a higher number to make sure the drugs are doing their job... my OB said that my level of 24 was "a good, strong O" and my RE wants to see a level of no lower than 30 but that's with progest sups. keep us posted with the results!!!

5G, did you do the trigger yet? how did it go? the needle is big, isn't it?! i was very scurred too... but it wasn't as bad as i imagined it... i took ibuprofen before hand and i can only assume that helped with the pain.

sorry... running out of time for more personals. i'm thinking of you all...

afm, my monitor read peak today and i usually get peak CD17&18... maybe the acu is pushing O up a few days?? maybe the monitor is garbage?? i did get an almost +opk tho, so i guess i will not be inseming this weekend/cycle because i didn't order the tank (was going to decide today), but it is a crazy-busy weekend here so it's probably for the best! and if i O 3 days early, well then, i guess we are that much closer to trying again!!! july cycle here we come!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#146 of 431 Old 06-10-2010, 12:48 PM

wehrli: Sorry about O coming so early! But July is a great month, and a baby is a wonderful welcome to spring, eh?

AHope (and anyone else this applies to): Good luck in the 2ww—I haven’t been keeping great tabs on here, but to you all!

5g: I triggered this morning too: which shot do you use? I get the preloaded sub-Q Ovidrel, which is a fairly small needle…but if my doc switches me to progesterone in oil after my IUI, that’s a gigantic needle (here’s hoping for sticking with the gel!)

maxK: I have a friend who was on clomid 50mg and got PG after 2 cycles. She said it was not that bad in terms of the side effects she could feel, but she had to take supplemental estrogen because clomid can thin your uterine lining, and hers was already borderline thin.

AFU: I triggered this morning, and will do my IUI tomorrow at 2:30. So, that should mean insemination about 6 hours before ovulation. We might do a 2nd IUI, but our donor doesn’t think he wants to come in 2 days in a row. We understand that he’s doing all of this out of the kindness of his heart, but he’s very reluctant to inconvenience himself. And, his volume SUCKS—he only makes one vial per donation (when he went for his analysis, it was 2 vials, but they couldn’t save that sample because he hadn’t been tested yet). So, for $900, we get this cycle plus 3 vials. In the grand scheme of things, that’s a good price ($225 per vial), but we went with a KD because we were hoping to pay a lot less! I wish we had found a KD more comfortable with us doing home inseminations (just drop of a jar, dude!). Oh well. Hopefully those 3 vials on ice won’t be needed, and we can do this one fresh IUI and have our baby in March!
#147 of 431 Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Beastie, welcome back. I didn't know you before, but it's nice to meet you.

AmandaMom, I've never had pregnancy test dreams. I just have baby dreams.

MaxK, no Clomid experinece.

5K, it only takes 1. I remember hearing about identical quads (1 egg, 4 babies, holy cow). So you get what you get, I guess. Your blog cracked me up.

Library, good luck.

AmandaHope, someone called me cocky and it reminded me that I never replied to your confidence comment. I realized that one of the nice things about being closer to 30 than 20 is that I am no longer in the habit of asking permission. I also now have the experience to know that what I want is also what's good for me.

Nothing going on here. CD 14, EWCM, still negative with the OPKs, got a vial in a tank in my bedroom, taunting me. Late to bed and early to rise makes wacky temps. I stayed up late watching Bones online with DP. Then when we went to go to bed, DD had wet it (weird, she hasn't wet the bed EVER as far as I can remember, not since around her first birthday) then DS crawled in bed with me early to wake me up, saying, "My wiggly tooth came out and it fell on the bed and I can't find it, can you help me?" So I took my temp and said mm hmm a lot. We found the tooth and DD has been running around in a cow outfit all morning making origami boxes and DS is climbing the walls.

So new question, once y'all are done answering the others. Have you thought about birth yet? I remember something I read once about lesbians having such high tech conceptions they frequently go for high tech births, too. How about y'all?

I can't imagine having a baby in the hospital and being especially kind, so I don't want to go that route. I've been hearing about more homebirth midwives, but I prefer unnassisted. I wanted it before DS, labor stopped every time someone came in the room and it took 16 hours (I really liked my midwives, but I also know I like privacy). With DD I forgot to call the midwives (DP at the time did not) so they got there right after she was born. This time I will just plan for what I really want. Which is unnassisted, and then I gave the whole backup plan already.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#148 of 431 Old 06-10-2010, 01:43 PM

seraf's QOTD:

I too plan a home birth. I spent far too much time in a hospital when I was sick with cancer that I can't go into a hospital without getting heart palpitations and nausea and hot flashes. Not conducive to a positive birth experience. Even with a birthing center or whatever, it's still a hospital, no matter what kind of wallpaper you put on the walls, it's a hospital. But since this is #1, we'll be finding a midwife to assist. Although most of the labor will probably with just DW and maybe a friend (who is a natural childbirth educator and used to be a doula).

No, once the conception part is over, the high-tech-ness goes out the window! We really wanted the conception to be low-tech as well (home insems, etc), but with my fertility issues that has not been possible.
#149 of 431 Old 06-10-2010, 01:53 PM

Library Lady & Wehrli: We had to take last month off and once I started the injectibles, I can't tell you how many times I would feel something (headache, nausea, tingly-ness...) and think Hey! maybe I'm pregnant! Um... no. There is no sperm in there, folks.

Kearney: My shot was IM and the needle was like 10 yards long!

For everyone rooting for my painless trigger: Your well wishes must've paid off! It didn't hurt. Like... at all. My subQ injectibles were worse (and they weren't that bad). DP did a great job giving me the shot.... later she told me she was really nervous because the needle is so much bigger, and because I was so nervous. But it was totally fine! I honestly didn't feel anything - when it was over, I said, "Wait, that's it?" So for baby number 2 (because this cycle WILL WORK, darn it), I won't be scared of no stinkin' trigger!

For those of you who have visited and complimented on my blog: Thank you! I have another blog, but I didn't want to post about TTC on it - so I'm staying anon on this board and my FGB blog - but it really helps me to get it all out. And I want to remember all of this, because in the grand scheme of things, this process is just a blip on the radar of my life. Some day, we will have as many kids as we want (maybe some bio, maybe some adopted, maybe all bio, maybe all adopted!) and life will speed up and this will all be just a memory. I'm looking forward to that day, but want to record this time and how I'm feeling.

Today's freakout: I had a lot of EWCM on Monday and Tuesday. We had the appt with the RE on Tuesday (CD14), he looked at my eggs and saw the one mature follicle... it was at 15-16mm. (mm is correct, right?) He lowered my dosage of the meds for Tuesday and yesterday. We triggered last night, insemming tomorrow. But I don't really have much EWCM. Usually, I O on like day 20, and I do trust my RE... but I started to freak out that I already ovulated. But with a 15-16mm follicle on day 14, after being PUMPED FULL OF DRUGS, I can't imagine it's going to mature faster than the RE is banking on. And then I started thinking, I wonder if the reason some women have all girls (like my mom) is that their fertile mucus comes several days before ovulation, so the little princesses are the only ones that hang out long enough to meet the egg. Our RN (who does the actual insems with our frozen goods) always tells me that EWCM is a good sign that you're approaching ovulation, but she's not too interested in it - she's much more interested in the OPK positive. I couldn't have possibly missed it... right? I mean, RE did like four ultrasounds on me throughout the course of this. He knows how fast those eggs are growing.... right?

(Forgot to tell you - at the RE on Tuesday, we had the nurse draw a circle on my rear end, denoting where the shot should go. )

New QOTD I have definitely thought about birth. I will go the hospital route, but I'm on the fence about the epidural. My mother had her last two kids without drugs, and she LOVES drugs! So... I figure it's something I should worry about more once I get pregnant. I have way too much in my head to think about it now!

Thinking fertile thoughts...

#150 of 431 Old 06-10-2010, 04:54 PM

5G and kkearney: Glad the shots went well! Hooray for insems!

QOTD: I'm a home birther all the way. Like kkearney, I'll likely have a midwife come in late in labor for #1 and go from there, hopefully unassisted after that. I know perfectly well how to monitor myself, so...why bother? We'll see.

wehrli: That just means more luck for July

sarahcecile: I'm glad that you're in a good place with everything...like everyone else, I hope that it works in the next little bit for you.

AFM: I got a job!!!! Inpatient adult psych, can't wait! Gotta set up an analysis for KD so I can get things moving again, but this job will pay enough that I can buy bank swimmers if the need arises. Not sure about insurance yet though, guess we'll see!

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page