* Newbian Mama
* painfaria
* Astro & DP Fozziebear
* katherinerose
* SPCD & Dp
* bttrflygypsy
* Hoping2bMoms
* Joyseattle
* Cejae (gettin' ready for IVF in the spring!)
* Milletpuff (taking a break until the late spring)
* MujerMamaMismo - TTC #2 in May

:2010 Graduates!

June BFPs

* Coco & DP

May BFPs

* burg

* korey
February 1, 2011

April BFPs

* calimeow

* mtnlisa
- 12-9-10
* kimlyn
- 12-12-10

February BFPs

* Mistral
- 10-17-10
* Quasar + smartycat
- 10-26-10
* Monarchgrrl
- 10-31-10
* erthe_mama & DP
- 11-04-10

January BFPs

* lyndzies
- 10-4-10
* FtMpapa
10-10-10

:2009 Graduates!

December BFPs

* osker
* megan sacha
* mkpgoddess

November BFPs October BFPs

* JJNoho
* Mommies 2 Be
* megincl & ktcl

September BFPs

* elismum1908
* KSDoulaMama
* pleasantlyfurious

August BFPs

* chicagoml
* wishin'&hopin'

July BFPs

* hbog
* kimlyn32

May BFPs

* indigoscot's dp

April BFPs

* Kelmendi
* KJM
* whoabethy
* carmen

March BFPs

* scalpel
* katwomyn4

February BFP

* deny_zoo29

January BFP

* jodybird511

:2008 Graduates!

December BFPs

* DM630
* raene
* wazzmum

October BFPs

* JennM1021
* lexbeach's DP
* QTRANDI

September BFP

* Ellie74

August BFPs

* heart-n-bones
* Love My Family

July BFPs

* giggleblue
* pranava
* MamaCaveBear
* quasar (and DP smartycat)

June BFPs

* starling&diesel
* PiGirl
* Erica12009

April BFPs

* tigermiep
* MujerMamaMismo
* tiggerkong22
* simcon
* 2happymamas

March BFPs

* JenInMpls
* mahrens77

January BFP

* cookie70

:2007 Graduates!

December BFP

* Scalpel

November BFPs

* mamimapster
* AngelaM
* solejean
* lmh222

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi Everyone,

Wehrli, thanks for noticing!

So the second line was still pretty light yesterday (10dpo) and this morning (11dpo), but it is definitely there. I think I'm pregnant!

Stick, baby, stick!

#6 ·
Hello~ Sorry I was gone so long, just took a weekend off the computer, but it seems like I missed a bunch of excitement!!

YAY BURG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO excited for you!!! How wonderful!!!!! Are you still freaking out with joy? I"ll bet so!

Who else? Escher? We have a few more 2ww ladies, let's hear the good news from you!

I finally got my temp spike this morning. I'd been expecting it every day this weekend. I knew it was coming and all I could think about was wishing I had a 'source' nearby so that I could insem. This waiting to wait is tough too, but now that I've o'd, it'll be just a little while longer and then it's time for the HSG test. THIS IS THE CYCLE! I'm just going to be as positive as possible. I had an indulgent weekend and now I'm on best baby behavior for the summer~ starting a new exercise class, cutting out margaritas (sadness...) and am just going gung-ho into this new process and success this time around. I'm just ANNOUNCING THIS TO THE UNIVERSE and thought I'd share it with you!

#7 ·
yay burg and escher!!

librarylady, woohoo for positive thinking!! fwiw, dp and i both cut out alcohol, caffeine and sodas and upped our water intake while we were ttc. i haven't had an alcoholic drink since august 2006 - ttc, then pregnant, then nursing, then just lost interest, lol!

i cannot believe it's june already.

g

#12 ·
Escher and Burg!! Congratulations! I can't believe how fertile this weekend has been, yay!

MissScarlett- I use Lush bar shampoo and face wash (chamomile bar) and I really like those. I tried a hair conditioner (jungle) and it was a bust. It just doesn't condition at all. I have been trying to switch all of my products to natural ones. If you have recommendations I would love to hear them.

AFM- It is 2DPO and I've been drinking pineapple juice again. We are keeping our fingers crossed that the smooth IUI was successful.

#13 ·
Thank you all for the messages
I want us all to move over to Queer & Pregnant NOW!!!

MaxK-
Good luck with 2ww and keep drinking that pineapple juice, I swear by it now!

Library- Great positive energy! This is your month!!

Escher- Still so excited for you!! Which HPTs did you use?

Coco-
Good luck with the home stretch of your wait!

AmandaHope- I hope that O comes at the most opportune time! Good luck with insems!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
Still so happy for you, Burg!
Will you do us a favor and summarize your insemination timing, etc., for this successful cycle? And how are you feeling? I assume you told KD? How did he react? Do tell!
We insemmed O-2, O-1, O, and O+1 or if I go by my temps O-8,...0-5. If the later is true KD can be very happy about the swim team
I spent 1-2 hours laying in bed after each insem and rotated from my back to sides and stomach every 15 minutes. I also drank pineapple juice every insem day and every morning for 5 days after. This cycle was so odd and also stressful that I am still amazed! With the confusing O, lead issues, stress over the lump,...it just goes to show you that it doesn't take 'the perfect cycle' and or the 'perfect' time. I do hope the stressors die down though so I can have a calm 9 months

I am feeling tired and wired all at the same time. We have been finishing up odds & ends on our house for the realtor that is coming and I get exhausted after a few minutes of work and need to take a mini break. No other symptoms though other than my freakishly blue chest. I told KD and he was excited. I can't tell you how relieved I am that we don't have to drive 16 hours round trip and hope I O near a weekend! We also told DW's Mom who is over the moon and some close friends.

I went to the Dr. for a blood test today but sadly missed the lab's pickup by 5 minutes so I will have to wait until tomorrow for the results. I have a story I want to share later if you'll all indulge me but for now back to house stuff.

#14 ·
Thanks for including me, seraf! I'm only on CD7, day 4 of injectible meds. I had a hysteroscopy today - he found a polyp (sneaky little chump!) but it was removed easily. I should be triggering over the weekend hopefully.

Congrats to escher and burg - there is a baby boom, and I hope most of us are also a part of it this month!

#16 ·
A few questions

AmandaMom - Did I somehow put you in the wrong section?

AmandaHope - Did I somehow put you in the wrong section?

Burg - Do you have a due date?

Escher - Do you have a due date?

wehrli - no sale, that would rock, tho. The guys who have been featured donors have all had a large stock. DP was worried he'd get all bought out. (he is allergic to cats, I don't think it will happen. Oh, but so is DP, so I get to worry about that with genetics of all future kids, no big. Hopefully I can talk my brother's wife into letting him donate for DP, he donated when my former DP was trying and I think it would rock if all my kids could be goofy-looking like me. Already missed the boat on DD, tho I think she got my crooked bottom teeth *d'oh*)

MaxK - I've never tried those bar shampoos. I use baking soda and water for shampoo. A lot of people who do that use apple cider vinager for conditioner, but I don't have enough hair to condition (and I use real conditioner on DS once a month, because I don't find the apple cider vinegar conditions in the way I want it to for a squirmy 7 year old who goes a week between hair washings and hates having his hair brushed, so I'd love recomendations for a more nautral conditioner than whatever my sister uses and has lying around in the shower)

Library - Very exciting that you're getting pregnant this month, too! LOL about the no more mararitas. My doc asked, "so you'll be cutting out the, *studies my chart* 1 drink every 2 to 3 months?" I told her I thought I could swing that. However, New Years Eve when I was massively pregnant with DS, I carried around half a glass of champaign all night (so bad, right?) and someone had a cigarette, I took it out of her hand and begged my partner to take a picture. *sigh* it's so much fun to be bad when you have a big belly. Once upon a time, and maybe this is what's wrong with me, my mom was told to drink a cup of beer a day to "improve blood flow to the placenta." She didn't, but I still think it's funny how much times change. Like back when people were encouraged to smoke, so they wouldn't gain too much weight during pregnancy.

Burg - So happy you got it. I didn't realize you insemed so many times last month.

five grand -Boo to polyps, yay it was removed easily!

As for me, well I already told you I orderd sperm. Should be here monday. Gonna go to CVS and buy the generic OPKs cuz I liked them so much better than the ones I used the last couple of months. I keep expecting this is the month I'll get pregnant, just because of my history. With DS I got pregnant on the second try, lost it and got pregnant on the 3rd month of trying. With DD I timed it bad the first try, couldn't insem the second month and got her on the 3rd month. So this is the 3rd month, I think I got that practice round out of the way, now I can get pregnant. I've also been seeing lots of bunnies on my way to work, so that's a fertility sign, right?

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by seraf View Post

AmandaHope - Did I somehow put you in the wrong section?

I'm waiting to O, now. Thanks! Your thinking about this month being the right one for you sounds good to me--here's to more members of the February DDC!

So...insemination count: Korey 2, Burg 4, Escher 3. Yikes. I'm getting that message loud and clear! If I can manage the logistics, I'm planning for three this month. I have two vials in the tank in the living room and one shot of fresh arriving in the mail tomorrow morning...now all I need is a positive OPK! I feel good, though--less crazy than in past months leading up to O. I've had faint OPK lines, and my cervix is opening up nicely. Tomorrow should be good for #1, and then we'll see about #s 2 and 3. I'll be broke at the end of the month, but hopefully broke and pregnant!

#20 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your enthusasm and support!

AmandaHope: Good luck with the last bit of waiting to O! It sounds like your signs are all lining up nicely.

Seraf: According to FF, I'm due 2/11/11. Bunnies sound like a great fertility sign. I hope this is the month for you!

Fivegrandbaby: How are the injectables treating you so far? I'm sorry about the polyp--I'm glad they were able to remove it!

Burg: It's weird how off FF was for you this month. I guess that is a good indication that FF can be totally completely wrong! I used a First Response Early Result and some internet cheapies. What did you use?

MaxK: If you're 2dpo, that means you will be due around February 20? Exciting!

LibraryLady: I'm glad that the next cycle is the one for you. Universe, listen up!

Team Amanda: So is AMom or AHope next? And then LibraryLady!

#21 ·
Well, my KD tried to ship me the fresh stuff (including the $50 buffer--sigh), but FedEx assured him that the last pickup was at 6pm, and when he went to drop it off at 5:45, they apologized and said that the last GROUND pickup was at 6pm. The last overnight pickup was at 5pm. So he has it ready, but he can't get it to me. And he heading to the airport to go out of town first thing tomorrow morning. UGH. So much for my three insems and a good, calm sense of this cycle.

Well, I have two vials of frozen, so I'll just have to use that! I'm sad, though.

#22 ·
Wow...I'm unable to post for a week and everything happens! Hooray for all the BFP's! Congratulations, ladies!

I'm not even going to attempt any personals, I'm just too far behind for that.

I'm waiting to O, had a short cycle this month...I may end up taking the month off, because I still don't have a job, ack! If I get one in the next week, I'll go for it, but otherwise I don't think it'd be a good idea. Going to have KD's sperm analyzed just to make sure everything looks okay, because I don't want to keep trying month after month only to realize it was pointless the entire time. And I'm definitely trying pineapple next time I insem.

#23 ·
Hi I'm new to queer conceptions. I'm 37 and my partner and I are so excited about adding to our family.

This month will be our second attempt ttc# 1. On our first try we had 2 inseminations of frozen sperm, with clomid/met, hcg shot and u/s, done at the clinic. During the 2ww I also had progesterone supplements. During the IUI's we found out that our sperm didn't have the best motility...and we didn't concieve.

We have now decided to do at home insem with frozen sperm, from another sperm bank that my dr recommended. I have been taking fertilityAide Prenatal pills (3x day)...the are herbal and they don't suggest taking clomid with them (has anyone ever taken this? did you also use clomid?) I'm still charting and checking cm, as well as getting excercise 3-5x's a week. I am on cd 31 and should get AF any day now. Then comes the waiting, watching and getting ready to insem.

I'm not sure whatelse to say...I am excited and happy to have found a group for advice, suggestions, and support.

Thanks, Gelly

#24 ·
Welcome, gellybeangrl! Good luck this upcoming cycle.

chiquitayy - fingers crossed you get a job. That's a frustrating additional twist to the TTC drama.

AmandaHope - that's a bummer about missing the cutoff time. Two isn't bad, though!

Escher - belated congrats! I've been rooting for you, with Brill's "almost always" bit running in the back of my head. 3's the charm!

AFM, the swim team is on the way! I convinced DP to do two IUIs this month. My last cycle was so epic - 55 days - that we didn't spend much of our May TTC budget at all. That means doubling up this month, which I'm excited about. I also added soy isoflavones to the regime this cycle. It's CD7, the swim team should arrive next Monday, and I'm so ready to get knocked up.

#25 ·
Good morning ladies!!

So excited for all our bfps! It really does make me think about whether or not we could manage more than one insem this month. It'd be a stretch, but whomever it was up the thread who said they'd hopefully be 'broke but pregnant' hit the nail on the head. I've just been thinking about how few sperms actually get to make the journey and it makes me even more nervous. I mean, I know it happens, but maybe you multi-ladies have the right idea. Well, CLEARLY you do, eh?

AmandaH~ SO SORRY about rubbish FedEx and their misinformation. You've got two vials, though, so that's a good thing, though not quite the thing you wanted.

LOL about having a glass of beer a day to improve blood flow! My mom had my little brother in 1987 and when she went in for her amnio, the doc sent her home and told her to have a wine cooler or two 'to relax her and the baby'. But it's true, I think about all the Baby Boomers born to women balancing martinis and ashtrays on their bumps and think 'Probably a half-glass of champagne will be okay...'

Gellybean~ so nice to meet you! Your first IUI sounds frustrating~ poor motility's no good! Tell us more about the fertility pills you're taking~ I've never heard of them. What's in them? What are they supposed to do? I've never taken Clomid, but I've taken Femara and am old friends with the progesterone suppositories. Best of luck and welcome to the conversation! We're a pretty decent group, I must say

Newbian~ Nice to hear from you! How are things in your neck of the woods? Read any good books lately?

Scarlett~ This is a bit late, but I love Lush cosmetics! They have something called the 'glitter bug' which I adore (being as how I have the aesthetics of a nine year old girl...) It's a ladybug-shaped lotion bar with irridescent sparkles in it, and when you rub it on your hands/face/arms etc it gives you the most wonderful sparkliness. If you're into that sort of thing, which clearly I am (do you see why I want a little drag queen baby? I have a vision of me and my son, covered in glitter, doing Lady Gaga routines in the living room. I'll just cling to that...) Just going into a Lush is a magical experience. Smells so nice!!

Okay, more coffee. It's a weird day~ as a librarian I have an extra day on my contract, so I'm at work today with literally actually nothing to do (all books have been shelved, all computers except this one covered, etc). I'm at the back of the building and the secretary's at the front and there's no one else here, nor will there be, all day long. I see a long lunch in my future.

Forgive my morning no-coffee fog if I forget names or get yours wrong.

#26 ·
I got my blood result a little bit ago- HCG was 41.2 which is the low end of normal if I am 1-2 weeks (I believe). Need to retest in 48 hours. I am hoping to be in the 90-100 range by then! Please cross fingers!!!!! Trying not to stress or obsess but it is not going to be easy. It does bring me back to WHEN THE HECK DID I O?!?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.