Queer Conceptions - July - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I guess since Wherli won’t get her results until tomorrow, I’m happy to start us off on a roll! I peed on a stick this morning and I’m pregnant! It’s a BFP (not for big fat positive, but for a big FAINT positive). The test line is dark and my matching pregnancy line is half as dark. It’s pretty awesome to know that my body can get pregnant and now the real challenge of staying pregnant comes along. Our goal is to have one healthy baby, and everyone in my family has had multiple miscarriages. So, Wifey and I are saying that we’re tentatively pregnant. We have our first BFP and we just have to keep on getting BFPs (or no signs of miscarriage). I’m thrilled, shocked and slightly freaked out. I wasn’t expecting it to be quite so quick.

After I did the hpt at 6am (I woke up at 2am, 4am, 5am, 5:15am etc, I decided it wasn’t quite time to test yet, which may also attribute to the temperature spike) and waited. I saw a faint line appear in the first 30 seconds, but without my glasses on I wasn’t quite sure, so I counted to 120 as I didn’t have a watch handy. After the 3 minutes had lapsed, I held the stick 5 inches from my face and there were two lines there. I went in to our bedroom to wake up Wifey and I handed her the stick. She looked at it and said, “Oh no. I’m sorry. There’s only one line,” and then she began to break into her speech about how I needed to be patient and not to totally be bummed about this. I told her to look again. She looked closer and noted that there was indeed a second faint line. That’s when she said, “Well, there are two lines but since they’re not equally as dark, I think the test is broken.” I let her know that if it was negative there would have been no line at all and the fact that two lines showed up meant that at this very moment in time we are indeed pregnant. We Facebooked our donor, called our Moms, and our son came in for a cuddle and we shared the news with him (our daughter will be back from camp on Sunday). That's all we're telling for now.

All right Wherli, FiveGrandBaby and and Miss Scarlett, it’s your turns now!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 11:07 AM

GUMSHOE!!!!

Ohmahgosh I CANT WAIT to hear the good news from Wehrli & FiveGrand!!!!!! GOOD LUCK girlies

Gelly-- Im SO hoping you get your ++ OPK soon so that you KNOW without a doubt that you've got good timing. Do you read your OPKs by your eye, a monitor, or both? I found a lot of solace in the fact that even though my monitor said negative, my eye *could* see them getting darker each time.

Library-- PS Glad you enjoy my silly obsession with

Last night was the third night in a row of no sleep for me, the few moments I was sleeping I was dreaming bizarrely stupid dreams, but got up to very sore BBs & a very high temp this morning. Cant wait till Friday!

OH Re: B/W Im not sure how most of your docs would feel about this, but it's fairly common in our little clinics out here. We serve a very low income population, and most of the women that come in for pregnancy tests don't have insurance, or a way to pay the lab, so we draw the tube for the hCG, spin it in the centrifuge (to separate the plasma from the serum) and then with a dropper, drip the serum onto a urine pregnancy test. It works great, cost's ten bucks, and gives instant results. That's what Im planning for Friday, and then once I get a positive, Ill send it to the lab for my numbers (<--Did you like my positive thoughts there?) Anyway, just a little clinic FYI for yall

HURRRY UP BFPs!!!

A question: When you DO get pregnant, how will you tell everyone? A good friend of mine, who is a very talented artist/photographer, made a stop-motion video with her husband and then posted it on her blog to tell everyone all at once. It was great. Here's the link if you want to take a look.

http://www.lissaanglin.com/blog/month/may-2010

Im thinking of making custom little cards and sending/handing them out when we're ready.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#303 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 AM

Oh, Library, I'm not Carmen, but, yeah, reduced libedo is a side effect of breastfeeding. I think it's an evolutionary thing to space kids a little more. I mean, your body won't kick into high gear until your kid weans, even if you're ovulating after 6 or 8 or 14 months or whatever. And homebirth rocks. I am a huge supporter of doing what seems right for you. I personally lived less than 15 minutes from a hospital when I had my kids (yeah, some things can happen without warning in under 15 minutes, but in my case I could have also gotten an ambulance to my house in under 5, they came from 4 blocks from my house). But I don't think birthing in the hospital is the safest option for all births (when I was pregnant and in nursing school, they were sure seeing a "civilized" hospital birth would cure me of my delusional home birthing ways - it cemented them all the more). I seem to be going in too many directions at once.

I believe:
-homebirth is safe for most people.
-most people I know who transfered to the hospital went because they were tired and wanted drugs. Not for safety reasons.
-if I had gone to the hospital with DS I would have had a c-section. My labor stopped every time someone entered the room. I would have crossed the magic 24 hour line with him, even tho my water didn't break.
-If I had had a c-section with him I never would have gotten pregnant with her.
-Major abdominal surgery has more dangerous side effects than normal vaginal birth.
-having a homebirth made me feel very stong and proud. I entered motherhood from a much stronger place because I never had that experience where nurses were telling me how to care for my child. (I have known many mothers insecure from the hospital)
-hospitals are for sick people. Sick people go there and their illness can spread to others. Having a brand new person with a spanking fresh quasi-immune system in that environment is not the safest option.
-my babies liked it better. I read stats all the time about how babies should be back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks. My kids never lost an ounce. My midwives said that the stat about birthweight was for hospital babies, because they are in a more stimulating/shocking environment and they shut down and eat less than homebirhted babies.
-DP and I watched a show about kids switched at birth. I know that my kids are my kids. LOL.
-even hospitals with rooming in policies don't meet my standard. I took a hospital tour and they almost kicked me out when I said, "who would allow you people to take their newborn away for 3 hours to be laid on a warming tray?"

LOL I guess they're not really comparable. If you think about one birth location and your stomach turns, it's probably not the right choice for you. Home is usually safe for a healthy pregnancy. I realize that's like saying you don't need carseats unless you're in a wreck, but it's not that extreme.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#304 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 11:46 AM

gumshoe!!!! wooohoooo!!!! fabulous news. i have fx for more bfps this week.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#305 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 11:51 AM

GUMSHOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And on your first try!!!!! Congratulations! Even though I did laugh a bit about your DP saying the test was broken~ sorry! That is so wonderful! And I know Scarlett will be next. You are so fortunate! Now you're going to leave us, just as we're getting to know you! But for the very best reasons. Do come and keep us posted.

Scarlett~ Temp rises are always good news! I'm so eager to hear about your test (but not as eager as you, I'll bet!)

5G~ You too~ this is it! Gumshoe's luck's going to rub off on us all.

Seraf~ THANK YOU for all the info! The idea of home birth doesn't turn my stomach, and actually I feel like what you said about starting off feeling very strong and proud. All your points are excellent ones, I guess my only thought is the danger one which, you're right, is unlikely if it's a healthy pregnancy. I think my DP would flip if I suggested it, but maybe when/if I actually get pregnant I might try again to suggest it. A legal question: I know when you have a hospital birth they do all the birth certificate paperwork there. How do you do it if you have your kids at home? Take the little'un to the courthouse? I love the nurses trying to convince you with the 'civilized' birth. Like you'll say "Gosh darn it, you're right!" Thanks again for all the info.

AmandaH~ Great to see you, even for a moment!!!

Nothing here~ Last femara tonight, first opk tomorrow. Fingers and everything crossed.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#306 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 12:54 PM

Gumshoe I got chills

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#307 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the kind words and ! It's pretty darn incredible and especially that it happened on the first time. Frankly, it makes me wonder how I escaped high school without a kid. Before I started dating girls, I had my fair share of boy-girl relationships where I practiced safer sex in terms of STIs, but perhaps wasn't always that consistent in taking my birth control! Being 32 and tentatively pregnant is quite a nice place to be.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#308 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
A good friend of mine, who is a very talented artist/photographer, made a stop-motion video with her husband and then posted it on her blog to tell everyone all at once. It was great. Here's the link if you want to take a look.

http://www.lissaanglin.com/blog/month/may-2010
Popping in to say that was an AWESOME video!! Thank you for sharing! It made me get all choked up at work, they seem so genuinely happy! although it's probably just cuz DP wehrli tested today and we get results tomorrow.
At any rate, it was a very cool way to announce a pregnancy. Congrats to them!

DP and I together 12 years stillheart.gif Mom to DS nocirc.gif born 4/4/11

belly.gif #2 kiddo due 3/13/14

#309 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 01:18 PM

Hey everyone! I'm still around... just lurking for the most part. I wanted to pop in and give a big congrats to gumshoe!!!

AFM, No news on the TTC front since we won't be trying again until September, but I've been busy planning the wedding and honeymoon. I can't wait to share pics of my wedding "gown".

I'll be checking in when I can, and I hope to see many more BFP's!

Oh, and GO TEAM AMANDA!

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#310 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM

Gumshoegirl! Congratulations!!!! I'm sending you lots of sticky baby wishes!

Wehrli: You're next!

AmandaMom: I'm so excited for your wedding! Do share details or pictures if you're up for it!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#311 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 PM

TEAM AMANDA~ Nice to see you around. Keep all those digits crossed for each other. AMom, can't wait to see those wedding/honeymoon pix!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#312 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 PM

CONGRATS Gumshoegirl!!!!
:bab y

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#313 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Congrats, gumshoe!!!!

I'm only 9DPO, so I probably won't have any news to share until the weekend, but YAY to starting us off right!!

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

#314 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Congratulations Gumshoegirl!

Waiting for the many more BFP's to come.

And I completely agree with those who said breastfeeding is a libido killer. I'm going on 2 years now and my sex drive is barely coming back now. My poor DP. It's been rough. At least she knows what to expect with the second one.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#315 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Gumshoe can i move you to or do you want to wait?

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#316 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 06:13 PM

Wehrli~ When will you know? Fingers SO CROSSED for you!!!

Just read an interesting article (from a whiny, self-absorbed woman) on the topic posted earlier about people wanting a certain gender and being disappointed. Just thought I'd share it with you awesome ladies.

http://www.salon.com/life/feature/20...010/index.html

Gumshoe~ Are you still freaking out!? What a wonderful day for you.

#317 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 PM

By the way - I've had some cramping for the past few days. It was light over the weekend, but yesterday got heavier (not terrible, but more noticeable). It feels like AF is coming any minute, but I'm only 9DPO AND on progesterone-in-oil. My period's not coming until I tell it to, darn it!

I realize it could be a. nothing, b. progesterone, or c. implantation! I'm inclined to think it's not the progesterone because it seems like the oil symptoms are so much less severe than the suppository symptoms. But who knows? Trying not to get my hopes up... but I usually have a 14-16 day LP, so 9DPO is really early to be having AF cramps this bad (not bad enough to resort to painkillers, but bad enough that I feel it). Also, my trigger was a lupron trigger, so the cramping is not from an HCG trigger.

pleaseohpleaseohplease...

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

#318 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 07:30 PM

CONGRATS GUMSHOE!!!

I've been busy prepping for the trip and stuff last several days. We're gluten free so we can't eat out at all. Last time we had a bunch of gluten free TV dinners but they were expensive and mostly not that good. So I spent *all* day Sunday cooking. I made meat for nachos, two lasagnas and a HUGE batch of fried rice. It took me allll day. Thank goodness a couple of our friends came over and kept us company while I was cooking (and shared one of our our lasagnas hehe).

I booked us a crappy hotel lol. Prices went up since last time we were here. Even the crappy one (which looked just fine in the online pictures) was $98 a night! We got there and it's more like a skanky motel than a hotel. The air conditioner barely worked, the bathroom was so tiny I nearly had to go in the other room to wipe lol, the toilet was so short it felt like a kindergarten bathroom or something - like you'd go to sit down and then fall the last 8 inches or so. Creepiest of all was the carpet. Totally stained up, had a cigarette burn near the beds (of course it was supposed to be a non smoking room) and just looked disgusting. Our donor said "I tried to warn you!"...well um..he just said "it's nothing special" lol, that's not really a "stay away!". He said he was working for the company that went in to clean up after they had a flood ( a few years back I think) and they refused to replace the carpets even then! And I think he said insurance would have even paid for it.

So we moved back to the hotel we were staying at last time. It's MUCH nicer, though to me it's still "nothing special", just clean and comfortable.

The puppy survived the trip pretty well. She complained a bit for the first 1/2 hour or so, and then realized she'd do better laying down than crawling all over. We had her in her crate with a puppy divider and completely wedged between the back door, the big rubbermade container we packed our clothes in, and the back seat. So she could still sit up and look out the window, or lay down, but not much room to run around or get thrown around in case of an accident. She's been perfectly behaved the whole time, hasn't had a single accident and only barked once when she got startled that the air conditioner was blowing the curtains lol.

I think we are tending strongly towards Scootchie but I'm still not 100% committed.

The metformin seems to be going ok so far. I feel like I'm more sensitive to needing to eat regularly. I used to be able to go hours, or almost all day and not really notice, but now I feel a little icky if I haven't eaten in a while. I'm having some asthma problems, which sucks. But otherwise I think things are going pretty ok.

My cervix also seems to be all over the place. Is that a clomid thing? It seems like it's moving all over up and down. It's mostly been firm and medium the last couple days I think.

We did our first insem Monday night, CD 13. Skipped yesterday so our donor's guys could build up a little more. We're going to insem again tonight, and then decide when to do the rest based on OPK I think. I'm thinking every other day, but then when we get the positive OPK, do that day, next day and day after.

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#319 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 PM

5G~ Fingers crossed!!! You and Scarlett seem to be having promising symptoms, and we know that Gumshoe's kicked off another winning streak. I hope hope hope you're next.

Bunny~ Sorry to laugh, but your horrible hotel sounds just awful. Still, if you'd been able to conceive there, what a story you'd have for the kiddo

#320 of 486 Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 PM

Yay Gumshoe Yay! The perfect ball to get rolling!

Library, The laws are different in every state. Back in the day, in Ohio, all I had to do was fill out an application for a birth certificate within 10 days and take it to the health department. I didn't even have to take it in person. My kids have funny birth certificates. Under location it just says "residence." Laws have gotten stricter, don't know if it has to do with identity theft or newborn abduction or what, but now you have to also take in proof of pregnancy (letter from your doc or clinic or whatever). A friend who wanted to go UC went to planned parenthood, took the test and had them write a letter. I imagine they would even take WIC paperwork as proof, and WIC wants proof, but as it turns out, if you walk into WIC 7 months pregnant, they don't demand paper proof.

The only complication I had with either of my kids was DS. I guess the computers were down at the social security office the week he was born, so it would have been a problem if he was born in the hospital, too. They never sent us a card for him, so we went to inquire before an international trip when he was 11 months old. They told us the problem and we had to prove his existance. It was harder than we expected. He had never seen a doctor, had no shot records, no baptismal records. Nothing. But as it turned out WIC worked for them. If we had waited 1 more month, it would have been very very hard to get him a social. So when DD was born, I called the SS office a week later to check on the status of her card.

DS is disapointed we're not trying this month. He told me he had a plan to fart into a balloon and then stick it in the liquid nitrogen tank to get the fart to liquify. Mmm savory.

Seraf

#321 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

ok... so i am no longer feeling zen about it... i'm anxious to know my test results. i really don't believe that i could be pregnant, but my chart mirrors my pg one so similarly... but it could be the drugs, i don't have a bfn chart on the progest to compare it to.

bunny, sounds like a hotel we just stayed at in TX... i'm glad you found somewhere better! i noticed the same thing once i was on metformin, the needing to eat regularly thing. GOOD LUCK!!

5G, i had cramping from 9dpo-12dpo on my pg cycle! i think it's a very good sign!!!! for or

scarlett, i thought the vid was totally cute! thanks for sharing..

ps. i posted a vid of me at the RenFaire doing a historical demonstration. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...=1527534665989 i feel like a dork...

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#322 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 01:09 AM

CONGRATULATIONS GUMSHOEGIRL!!!!!!

Bunny~ it sounds like you have it all planned out. Good luck catching that egg! And I feel you on the horrible hotel story...glad you have a better hotel this time around.

Werhli~ fingers crossed for you and your BFP tomorrow!!!

Seraf~yeah...your DS idea sounded interesting...kids come up with some of the funniest ideas! I told my DW about his idea and now she wants to try it...lol!

AFM~ No positive opk yet...but the cervix is back on the move it is headed back to the middle. I'm still temping and it is starting to look like I may "O" in the next couple of days. I sure hope so. Nothing much else is going on...the in-laws are here for the week and weekend...so that had been fun.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#323 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 AM

:

Wehrli-- There is not one ounce of zen in me either. Hoping you get a pleasant surprise tomorrow. We are pulling for you!!

FiveG-- I had "a lot" of cramping (but not NEAR the that is AF) especially at 6 dpo.... I am SO SO SO SO excited to hear your BFP news. Any other signs I can obsess with you over? When do you think you will test? How are you passing the time?

TeamAmanda-- WOOT WOOT! Happy to have yall back (even if it was brief) Can't wait till you are back full time!

Gelly --YAY! Tell that cervix to BEHAVE! Hoping you can rest easy after a perfectly timed insem (and a week with the in-laws)

Library-- Did you feel any different on the med? Are you so ready to start peeing on things???

Bunny-- Excellent for well behaved pupsters! Ours have learned to wake us up in the night now when they need to go out, in a very sweet & slobbery way....now if I could just get them to *BRING* me the paper in the mornings instead of shredding it all over the front lawn.......

JenMostOften-- SO glad you enjoyed the video! They are SO sweet, and just really, really talented. We've been friends since we were tiny and I cant WAIT to meet their new little one.

(Please forgive the impending babble )
AFM-- I'm a basket case. I haven't slept much for three days, HOT at night, and when I do sleep, I'm dreaming. My bb's are sore under my armpits, but not any bigger (last time they went crazy). A new and completely unexpected moment came with my gums bleeding this morning after I brushed my teeth. I *did* use a new toothbrush, but my gums never bleed. One of our clinic staff told me I looked different, "brighter" this morning, but it was probably just the delirium from lack of sleep. I definitely feel SOMETHING, but swing back and forth from sure I am to sure Im not. I can't even explain how slow this 2WW wait is going. I guess because we were stalking that egg so hard, and I was so worked up over that, and thinking I would O early... I don't know, but Im driving *myself* crazy.

Please send me patient thoughts for the next 48 hours

#324 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 01:32 AM

Gumshoe: Congratulations!!! So exciting! Sending you very sticky, healthy baby vibes. Hang in there during this nerve-wracking time. Just think--you are growing your baby right now!

Wehrli, 5G, Miss Scarlett: you're next! Can't wait to hear your news tomorrow, Wehrli, and on Friday, Miss Scarlett. By the way, although not everyone has pregnancy signs this early, most people say that they do feel different somehow, even if it isn't easily described. I have a good feeling about more BFPs this cycle!

Good luck to those waiting to O, also. I hope you catch that egg at the perfect time.

I'm thinking about AmandaMom, Seraf, and others who, like me, are not ttc this cycle. I'm so stressed with the move and remodel that it is probably just as well that I'm not pregnant or trying to get pregnant. I couldn't take another ounce of stress this week. We move on Friday! UGH! So we finish up the painting (the painting that will actually get done before the move, that is) tomorrow, but we also need to pack up a TON of stuff tomorrow! We're down mostly to odds and ends and stuff we use every day. My in-laws AND my mom are here, which is its own source of stress. I'm trying to direct traffic so that they can help without driving each other (or us) crazy. We're lucky to have the help, though, definitely.

Looking forward to more good news tomorrow!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#325 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM

Good morning ladies. Fingers crossed for a string of BFPs. So many promising signs this month, I'm glad I'm not trying, so there's more room for all of you.

Gelly-I think it's the actual capture that could prove challenging. I personally think a produce bag would be more effective than a balloon. If your DP tries it, I want details!

#326 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 10:26 AM

CONGRATS Gumshoegirl!!!!

Wishing you a safe, healthy and happy pregnancy !

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#327 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 AM

Just popping my lurker self in to send out buckets of baby dust to all of the testers and waiting on results-ers ()

And for Gumshoe!!! So happy for you, now sendings of vibes for a sticky little bean and a healthy and happy 9 months!!!

AFM: Can I be moved to Waiting to Know please? The IUI was yesterday. I took clomid this cycle, and we went with a new donor who is supposed to have double their minimum counts (as well as apparently being a really nice guy) and I had 3 mature follicles on the scan on Tuesdays - two 28mm and one 20mm, and they triggered me the same day. My lining was nice and thick too despite the clomid, 15 (whatever that means), so we have given it our best last shot. 3 ready and waiting eggies, super sperm, nice cushy uterus, lots of ready cervical fluid (not that we needed it for the IUI, but I take it as a good sign that things were ready). So come on baby (or babies!!!). It was funny, the NP was about to do the IUI and I asked about if the follicle size was okay and when I told her there were 3 of that size her eyes got big and she started to ask if we understood that there was a greater risk of multiples. So yikes! Excited and freaked out at the same time.

So forgive my silence, I am reading every post and cheering and crying along with you all, just feeling like hunkering down.

Sarah photosmile2.gif, 29 - married and entirely love.gif with DH geek.gif. Mama to our one and only amazing Adeline joy.gif 11.05  Forever holding 4 brokenheart.gifs .

#328 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post
DS is disapointed we're not trying this month. He told me he had a plan to fart into a balloon and then stick it in the liquid nitrogen tank to get the fart to liquify. Mmm savory.
Hum..... disturbing ....
yet cool... , ingenious... and very bright !

I think it might be time tio get him a science kit..... maybe you have a future chemist on your hands !!

Thanks for sharing this tidbit of homelife while TTC lol !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#329 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 10:59 AM

My temp dropped some this morning. Suddenly not feeling confident at all.

#330 of 486 Old 07-22-2010, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

BFP!!! HCG = 74

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page