Queer Conceptions - July - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2010, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
5G, so sorry for your BFN... FX that it was late implantation and therefore didn't show up. i'm thinking about you...

bunny, sounds like you had some pretty good timing! how many insems did you get in?? FX for you!

scarlett, sorry you are so down... i totally know what it feels like to be a failure because of this. it wasn't until the RE stepped in that i felt a little relieved about feeling responsible, however when i had the m/c i felt like an even bigger failure. we are waiting for our 3rd and final beta results and if things take a turn for the worst, i am going to feel like my body is defective or something... i know we shouldn't feel this way when i rationalize it in my head but it doesn't stop the feelings from coming in the moment, ya know? anyway,

RE: Clomid timing
i have heard the same thing that bunny has. CD3 = more follies, CD5 = more mature follie(s). when i took it prescribed by my OB, i was instructed to take it on CD5. the RE had me take it on CD3. although, i couldn't get in for my u/s until CD4 this cycle so i started it that night. i only had one follie either time.

gelly, i have heard that it is possible to O more than once in a cycle, i've not heard that it could be consecutive days... not that that means you can't! it would be extremely uncommon, i imagine. FWIW, i feel the same pulling/tugging after i O, too. and it's usually a little stronger... i always imagine this to be the corpus luteum "pumping out" progesterone. lol.

library, i think it is really great that your doc let DP insem you! i think he's right, it's just the thing to make it work this time! and DP will be able to say that she actually knocked you up! FX

millet, both times i used the trigger (HCG) we did the IUI almost exactly 36hrs later, i got pg both times. i almost always O on CD17, too... we triggered both times at 8pm on CD15 and insemed at 8am on CD17. we had monitoring of the follies both times and they weren't ready until then, definitly not before and i was on 50mg of clomid both times. HTH!

to all of you TWWers: who wants the lucky thread keeper job for August?? the last 2 times i took the job, i got knocked up!!
oh, and

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Lol Wehrli you make being threadkeeper sound pretty tempting. I'll consider it if no one else wants to, though if I'm not pregnant I'll be back out of town next month too, bleh. I wish it was somewhere we at least *wanted* to go lol.

I think our timing was about as good as it could get. We got in 6 insems lol. You can see the timing on my chart. Saturday and/or Sunday could be too late to matter, but who knows, it seemed worth the try. His volume looked fine to me, so hopefully he had plenty of guys in there too. I'm just paranoid if we go every other day we'll miss the right timing.

We also got to meet his fiance and kids. That was pretty cool. His kids are adorable and smart. They look like a combo of him and his fiance so not too much idea what ours will look like since she looks nothing at all like me (and he looks a little like me and my husband). I got to hold the 3 month old for a long time. I couldn't believe how deeply he sleeps! Hopefully holding a baby will do that baby pheremone thing and increase my fertility too lol.

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

Old 07-27-2010, 12:20 AM

Hello everyone,

Scarlett & 5grandbaby~ I'm sorry about your bfn's. Hugs to you both...

Hello tww'ers. I am actually on cd4...I think that I may be a day ahead of you all, but I am not planning on testing until 8/6/2010...I hate seeing the negative...so I'm going to push testing till 15dpo....this way if I haven't started AF then we will be pregnant!

Wehrli~ Yah...for doubled beta #'s. Thanks for the info on clomid and ovulation. I'm praying that we got the timing right and that this is it for us.

night all!!!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 AM

We finally have moved and have wireless--yay!

Wehrli I'm SO SO happy for your strong beta numbers and am eager to hear the results of the third test. This is it for you, I'm sure of it.

To all the TWWers--good luck!! It sounds like there has been some excellent egg hunting and timing...can't wait for more good news!

5G and Scarlett and to BFNs. Damn. 5G--with your having had all those follies, I'll be interested to hear what your doc says. How frustrating for you both. So sorry. s

AFM I *finally* have my RE appointment in a few hours to go over all of my test results and to finalize the plan for next cycle. I'm super relaxed about ttc right now. This is my first genuine "off" cycle since I started in February, and it feels great. I'm even ovulating this week sometime, and I'm not obsessing about when exactly and I'm not (yet) hungrily seeking swimmers in random places ;-). I'm just happy to focus on getting our new house in shape and ready for my vacation, which starts on Wednesday. DD and I will spend 2 weeks in Seattle and San Juan Island w/my family and up in British Columbia with my best friend and her family. I can't wait. I wish DP could come, too, but she has to stay here to supervise the contractors who are still working on the house. It is her birthday today, and her present is a new working bathroom!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:51 AM

Good morning.

Could I please be moved to waiting to O. Thank you!

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 07-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Oh Miss Scarlett and 5G, I'm so sorry for your BFNs this month. I'm confident that you'll soon get your BFPs!

To all of those in the TWW, I never realized that lesbians could virtually synch up their cycles . That's quite a feat you've managed to accomplish! It looks like next week is going to be quite an exciting one around there.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:05 PM

Scarlett: I'm sorry

5G: Fingers remain crossed!

AHope: Sounds like a fantastic vacation!

Bunny: Hopefully that baby cuddling will do some good.

Wehrli: Glad your numbers are looking good!

All you TWWers, eep! Busy times coming up!!

AFM: I think I may have actually gotten a +OPK this morning! Maybe it was just the brand I was using, who knows? What do you guys think? OPK? Working on scheduling insems as we speak.

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
Old 07-27-2010, 01:33 PM

Good morning ladies~ unexpectedly rained last night and I slept like a baby. So lovely! Now it'll make it crazy humid today, but it was nice while it lasted...

AmandaH~ Glad you're enjoying the break. The cycles off can be frustrating, so I'm happy you're enjoying this one. And yay for working bathrooms!

Scarlett~ Biggest hugs. So sorry~ so frustrating!

Gumshoe~ I had the same thought!! How odd to have synched up with so many folks. How are you feeling?

Chiquita~ Good luck catching that egg!

Nothing here~ started my progesterone last night, so I should be an emotional wreck pretty soon. I've also been eating fresh pineapple to the point where I've given myself a tummy ache, but just can't stop. I just hope it works.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquitayy View Post
AFM: I think I may have actually gotten a +OPK this morning! Maybe it was just the brand I was using, who knows? What do you guys think? OPK? Working on scheduling insems as we speak.
You think!

Scarlett and 5G - sorry that this month wasn't the one. Hopefully it happens soon

Amanda - I am so glad that everything went well with the move.
AFM - nothing new here actually rather zen about the whole thing. We will see in 8 days how I am feeling

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Old 07-27-2010, 02:57 PM

library - fresh pineapple only until 5dpo!

wehrli, yay for doubling #s!! yours are very similar to dp's, the result of which just turned 6 months old!!!!

5gb and missscarlett - hugs to you both.

tww'ers - good luck to you all.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 07-27-2010, 04:07 PM

After long thought, I've decided to ICI starting in September.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:38 PM

indigo - why should you only eat pineapple up to dpo5 ?

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM

it's to aid in implantation. you can google it for articles! you should also eat the core, not just the juicier outside part.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Indigo~ It is fresh and I've been gnawing on that oh so yummy core. I didn't realize it was only til 5 dpo, but that's just one more day, so I'll keep on (well, as long as my tummy lets me...)

Vannie~ yay for you! I'm excited and hope it goes perfectly the very first time

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 07-27-2010, 07:20 PM

chiquitayy- Looks positive to me! Good luck with the upcoming insems.

LibaryLady- Are you drinking juice too? I've been trying to drink the juice everyday as well. You reminded me of the fresh and I ran to the fridge to get a bowl of pineapple right now

4DPO-
I am having very vivid and elaborate dreams from taking the progesterone. The last few nights have been really wacky.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 07-27-2010, 08:00 PM

Scarlett and 5G I'm so so sorry this cycle didn't work

Chiquitayy that OPK sure looks positive to me!! Good luck with your insem!

AmandaHope I hope things are going well for you right now at your doctor's office getting your test results! I'm glad that you're feeling relaxed. Maybe a vacation is just what you need to completely relax you and get your body ready for a baby. Congrats on getting your move done!

I've read conflicting info on pineapple. Some say that it can aid implantation. Others say that it can cause miscarriage! So maybe just through day 5 is the perfect compromise. I've also read that it's difficult to get enough of the enzymes needed just through eating pineapple. You can buy the enzymes in supplement form also. I got some from Trader Joe's. They're usually labeled as Digestive Enzymes I think. I believe bromelain is the enzyme you want. I've read that on an empty stomach it can act as an anti-inflammatory but in too high of doses it can cause uterine contractions.

AFM - still not sure what's going on with my chart. When I changed detection method to Research it gives me an O date of CD 17, so 4DPO now. I think that seems about right, at least I really hope it is. So far I'm feeling calm but who knows how long that'll last lol. I'm not sure when I'll be testing. I usually like to test early but I used up most of my tests and need to order new ones lol.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was out of town for a few days, and I'm way behind. Here's my weak attempt at catching up:

TWWers (Bunny, Max, Painefaria, Library, Gellybean, MujerMamaMismo, 2happymamas, Sarah, anyone else?): How exciting that there are so many of you! It sounds like there was lots of great timing going on. I can't wait to hear all your great news next week!

Chiquitayy: That looks like a +opk to me! Good luck with the insems!

Miss Scarlett: I'm sorry. What a disappointment.

Dykemom: I'm sorry AF arrived.

AmandaHope: How did the RE appointment go?

Wehrli: Your first doubling time looks amazing! Hooray!!! What was your number for yesterday?

Fivegrandbaby: How are you doing?

AFM: AF arrived for me last Thursday--it was interesting to me to see that (like Painefaria) I got AF immediately after my hcg got down towards zero. Because we're going to be out of town next week (when I would expect to ovulate) and because we haven't yet chosen a new donor, we're going to take this cycle off. It feels disappointing but necessary. So hopefully we'll next try at the very end of August or in early September.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 PM

I know that you eat pineapple to help w/plantation, but what is so special about 5flo? Why do you stop then? I'm in class gotta go before the teacher sees me.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:11 PM

it can cause uterine contractions so the belief is that after 5dpo it could cause implantation to fail, kwim? certainly on our bfn dp took it during her entire luteal phase and during our bfp cycle she took it thru 5dpo, so i am a believer!

since there are so many new folks, i will bring up a hint that lexbeach gave us all back at the beginning of 2009 - ume plum balls. they are supposed to aid in creating balance in your body for fertilization and implantation. i think if you search the forum more details will come up.

g

Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 PM

I swear by it too, indigoscot, you told me about it and viola I got my BFP

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 07-28-2010, 12:10 AM

Okay, burg and indigo, you're really making me feel good about my pineapple decision. It was yummy yummy and hopefully it works too. Even the core wasn't too bad, since it did have some flavor and was for a good cause. I also got out on my bike tonight (as it was less than 1000 degrees for a change). It felt good to get some exercise and I felt like I was doing a good thing for myself, but I also kept having little freak outs about whether or not I was jostling the possible zygote. This is so stressful!!

Escher~ Glad to see you back. Even when you're on a break, we love to hear from you xo

Nothing else to report. More progesterone this evening and I'm already excited to get up and temp tomorrow. TTC Nerd!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:42 AM

Isn't it odd how you can go from devastated to end one cycle, to totally obsessed with the next cycle within a matter of hours?

We are looking at new donors, will purchase in the next two days, and Im back to my full regalia of OPK tools. Im getting more and more obsessed/superstitions/desperate with each cycle so, back to the nasty pregnancy tea (I HATE TEA OF ALL SHAPES & FLAVORS & SIZES but...), and a trip to our local herbalist tomorrow. Thinking of setting up a consultation with an acupuncturist..... oh boy...and so it begins. I suppose Ill be off to get ume plum balls & pineapple tomorrow.

nighty night y'all, Ill get straight who is what and where before next post for personals.

PS one tiny little glimmer today, my iphone 4 arrived.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

quick update before i have to run...

my last beta was 659 that's a doubling time of 41.5 hrs. we are starting to feel more and more confident but still a little scared to believe it. i just said hello in the Q&P thread, not that i'm ready to leave youse guys yet! i just want to dive in to this pg thing and start to enjoy it...

who is going to take over the thread for august?? i know Bunny offered if no one else takes it... any other volunteers????

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Burg- where did you get the ume plum balls from?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

Nothing else to report. More progesterone this evening and I'm already excited to get up and temp tomorrow. TTC Nerd!!!

Werhli - that is so wonderful... I hear you on the not ready to leave. I think that I will have a hard time transitioning to "being pregnant" and believing it. I will probably hang out here for a while also :sheepish

AFM - Today would have been my due date from my first m/c I am handling it much better than I thought I would. It is hard realizing that I would have been holding a little one around now instead of waiting in TTW (again).

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 PM

Good morning all~ woke up with feet like ice and a temp of 97.58. I know it's only in the early days still, but any temp drop just feels devastating. I'm going to have to go and google a million articles and reassure myself.

Scarlett~ Glad you've got yourself back on track, and with a new iphone, woohoo!!!

Wehrli~ Yay for your beta numbers!!! Message me and let me know what's involved in threadkeeping and I'll see if I feel like I can do it (I'm not techno-brilliant, but maybe I can manage...)

Nothing much to report. Crazy dreams from the progesterone, but that's about it!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:30 PM

Paineferia~ this must be a really tough day for you. Extra big hugs xox

Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Scarlett I hear you on the tea. Have you found it to make any difference? I have some that I think is nettle and red raspberry and I'm not sure anything else. I quit drinking it for a looong time but last cycle I had it a couple times. I waited for it to cool off some, or you could put ice in it. Then I put in a little bit of raspberry Torani syrup and that helped a *lot*.

Wehrli I am so so so so excited for you!! I really think this is going to be it for you! I'm glad you're staying here with us for a bit, but I'm also excited for you to dive in on the Q&P thread. Maybe you could do both for a bit? Also if you want you can PM me as well with what's involved in thread keeping. As I understand it, it's just sort of copying the info from the first message this month, and then editing the order and stuff whenever someone updates? I think I could do that, though I'd need a quick review on the linking chart to the chart smiley.

Paineferia I'm so sorry. Tons of extra today. I haven't been through a miscarriage but I think I've had similar experiences with missed due dates with both IVF's and failed adoptions so I think I can relate. The worst is the second failed adoption. I know someone who had a baby right at that time and I keep looking at her baby and thinking I could have one the same age.

Library I know what you mean about lower temps freaking you out. Last cycle I was so calm and confident with the OPK. This cycle I'm totally freaking out about my temps. For me 97.58 would be a great improvement lol. For you, couldn't it easily be an implantation dip? That could be a great sign!!

I still can't figure out what's up with my chart. If I change it to "research" it gives me crosshairs on the 17th. But on "advanced" it's not showing anything. I couldn't have had an anovulatory cycle on clomid could I? It's bizarre to me that my temps haven't even gone up except for one day with 200mg of progesterone!

Old 07-28-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
Today would have been my due date from my first m/c
My thoughts are with you....

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 07-28-2010, 06:53 PM

painefaria

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif

User Tag List