Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2010, 12:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Hey ladies~

Thanks for the encouraging words and the not giving up. I don't know what to think except I'm going to continue to assume it's neg but test again tomorrow anyway, or at least if my temp goes up again. Is it possible to have implantation at 12 dpo?
I've read that it is possible from days 7-14, though implantation usually occurs by day 10. So I think that day 13 is certainly possible, if not exactly common. No one said you have to be "normal," right? Hang in there.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 09:08 AM

Good morning~

Up with the sun today because I was too freaky to sleep well. My temp went up again today to 97.90 but another BFN. It's 14 dpo now, despite what my chart says~ my temp was WAY high just before the O due to an incredible heat wave and a malfunctioning fan, so it says I o'd early, but the Ultrasound showed me follies so I know otherwise. What I don't know is wtf is going on now. I guess I'll just keep looking for AF and peeing on things until something definitive happens. So frustrating.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 07-09-2010, 11:22 AM

Library UGH! I couldn't sleep well either, obsessed as I was with the 400 decisions we're having to make about the house that we close on on Monday. There is just so much money involved, and as much as I'm looking forward to owning the house (after the remodel), I fear losing the freedom we have now as renters and carrying the huge debt of a mortgage... Sigh.

But I was also thinking of you, hoping that you'd get surprise good news this morning. Your temp going up again really is good news, in a way, but the BFN is maddening. Is there any way you can get a beta? At 14dpo, it would be definitive. Would your regular doc or ob order it? I'd be going nuts if I were you. But I'm glad you are still sane (mostly, right? )

Beastie Holy temp spike, batman! Are you sick?! Maybe you are preggers *and* sick? Did you test this morning? Don't leave us hanging!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:24 PM

Hi all, and sorry to leave you in such suspense!

I'll have time a bit later today to respond in more detail and do some personals, but for now I just wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and to say that, other than my freakishly high temp (I don't feel sick, but could be coming down with something; it's also a heatwave here, and, now that DP is back, I sleep next to a human radiator-- did you know that testosterone makes you warmer?), things are pretty much the same!

I am now consistently getting faint positives of FRERs (and I read online that the brand is often faint), but I haven't gotten a strong positive or tried for one on a digital. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic, but just not sure. AF should be due today or tomorrow, so I guess that'll be one way to find out. I'm just going to keep testing till I feel confident one or or another... hopefully soon!

Library, I hope you get some clarity soon, too! And I hope that the clarity is a BFP!!!

Wehrli, how did the insem go? Woohoo for your swimteam, and happy conception day!!!

There's so much more to say, but I have to run off to a meeting. I'll be back in a bit with proper personals. (and maybe more news?)

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

Old 07-09-2010, 12:48 PM

Wehrli Happy insemination and conception day!

Beastie Thanks for the update. Faint positives are really encouraging, and hopefully you'll get a clear positive soon. Stay away, AF!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Beastie, i'm waiting with bated breathe... stick, little one, stick!!!

AHope, try and relax about the house... everything will be alright! we just bought our first Feb 09, and despite the $$ we've had to put into it to fix her up some, it's been wonderful...

library, so sorry for your bfn... i hope AF stays far, far away!!! enjoy your weekend...

scarlett, how are you? found that elusive LH surge, yet? can't wait for you to join me in the TWW... and then get our BFPs together!!!

afm, insem went well... i felt the catheter this time (ouch!), no cramps though... we went to breakfast at our favorite little cafe afterward (yumm-o) and are at home packing for our weekend out at the faire... well, jen's packing... i'm having a bit of cramping so she is having me rest. oh, and also felt a "flutter" in the vicinity of my left ovary (which is where the follie was) around 10:40a. i looked back at my notes and i had the very same fluttering feeling in march (bfp cycle) at 10:30a. (both march and july insems were at 8am).
we will be gone until sunday and unless i can pick-up someone's WiFi, i won't be able to do updates until sunday night... so please post all updates in bold, i don't want to miss anyone. i really hope to see some BFPs when i get home... i'll have my pom-poms out all weekend

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 07-09-2010, 03:56 PM

Argh!!! My stupid doctor has "summer hours" which means they just randomly leave whenever they don't have patients scheduled. So they've been gone since Wednesday afternoon, and the doctor never returned my cell message.

Finally I called back this morning around 9:30. The doctor says he needs to see me in person because there are "dozens" of different hormone tests and he needs to talk to me to decide which to do. He JUST saw me 3 weeks ago, and he's been treating me for almost 4 years. It's not like he doesn't know me, or what my symptoms and concerns are! And if it's such a mystery isn't that something HE should have thought of at my last appointment (or like anytime within the last 4 years?). I have an appointment next week to follow up on the other tests he ordered (c-peptide and thyroid). I can't imagine he's going to let me off the hook for that appointment.

I don't drive and it's almost a 2 hour bus trip each way! I honestly think he just doesn't have enough patients and wants to charge another office consult. I mean he gets paid at least a couple hundred dollars for 15 minutes work.

But I may have to do it. I don't want to wait another whole cycle and possibly have our whole stupid expensive trip be for nothing if my hormones are all screwed up.

Why does dealing with doctors always have to be so difficult?

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

Old 07-09-2010, 04:24 PM

Omg SO love/hate my doctor's office lol. She talked to the doctor again and faxed in the tests I asked for. AND she gave me a standing order so I can retest any time I want for the next year!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Glad your bloodwork worked out, Bunny. Two hours each way on buses sounds miserable. I hope you find out useful information!

How is everyone else doing today?

Scarlett? I so sympathized with your confusion about when to do the insemination and with your frustration at having only one vial. How is it working out?

Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 PM

Bunny-- SO GLAD your doc complied (no wrath like a TTC-er scorned), hoping they give you the information you are looking for.

Werhli-- HAPPY BABY MAKING DAY! Keep envisioning that little bean sticking. I have NO CLUE when we will inseminate, but trust me, yall will be the first to know

Beastie-- Youre killin me smalls!!!!!! CANT WAIT FOR YOUR GOOD NEWS!

Library--Im proud of you for staying so reasonable. Praying that your efforts at being calmly optimistic will pay off in the best way.

AmandaHope-- I honestly feel like growling...outload. RAWR.

AFM: Hard day . Ill try to make this the abridged version.

So with the Ovacue saliva monitor, it pretty much tells you by day 4-5 of your cycle when your expected peak fertility days will be, and then doesnt change much after that. Like Ive mentioned before, I think I usually ovulate around day 15 or 16, but last month was a way short cycle and I o'd on CD 11 (confirmed by vaginal sensor). This cycle right away my OvaCue it said that today (CD 12) was my peak fertitlity, UNTIL THIS MORNING , when it moved my peak fertility to Monday. The sperm came yesterday, and we've been checking my cervix since Wednesday, which looked increasingly fertile UNTIL TODAY , where it looked less round and more slit-ish. I have tested with the vaginal sensor for positive ovulation since CD 4 with all negative, still show "low" fertility on my CBE monitor, and have all neg smileys (twice a day). So judging by everything but my cervix, Im still a ways a way from ovulation, but if I JUST had to go by my cervix, I'd say I already missed it.

I feel like crawling in a hole . We have not inseminated since January (2 months taking a break, or out of town when O'd, and two months where I held off because I had no LH surge, and felt like we missed O) I pretty much feel like strangling someone.

:

I am feeling so bitter towards hetero couples with unlimited supplies of sperm, and unlimited "trying" opportunities a month.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 07-09-2010, 06:52 PM

Digital BFP! I tested midafternoon on a FR Digital, and got a clear positive, so I think this is for real!!!!! You can now officially celebrate what I hope is the first of a string of BFPs on the thread!

I'm feeling validated (because I've felt pregnant for much of the TWW), excited (because we did it), scared (because of our last loss, and because so much is unknown), overwhelmed (because I really didn't think this would happen on our second time trying ever-- we have a perfect 2 for 2 rate of conception-- and now I'm due a month earlier than would be ideal at my work), and hopeful (that this will be a sticky embryo, and we'll finally get our baby in March!!!). Please help me to celebrate and send me good sticky vibes for a healthy embryo that wants to stick around for the long haul.

If it's ok with you all, I'd like to stick around on the thread at least for a while; I'm not ready yet to join Queer and Pregnant or my DDC, and I want to see you all get your BFPs!

So, catching up on personals!

Bunny: I'm so glad that your doctor's office redeemed itself, and that you'll be able to get all of the testing that you want and need. Based on your posts here, I can tell what a good advocate you are for yourself, and also how well informed you are about this whole process. I hope you get the answers that you need.

DykeMom: Good luck on these last few days gearing up to insemination!! Can I ask how you pick the date to go for it, since you don't chart? Do you use your CM (cervical mucus) as an indicator, or just make a guess based on the length of your cycle? It's so interesting to hear how everyone approaches this process. Along those lines, do you mind my asking why you decided to use the meds that you're on? I don't think I've heard of Metformin or Dexamethasone on these boards, and I'd be interested to know more. In any case, I hope you have healthy, easy days leading up to this next try!

Library: Cycle buddy, I hope you'll join me asap on the BFP bandwagon. I hope you have safe travels to Dallas, which sounds like the perfect spot to find out that you're pregnant! Not great for avoiding the heat, though. I hope your staying cool and as sane as possible for someone whose TWW is creeping into week 3!

AHope: Sorry that house details are keeping you up at night. But it might be marginally better than just obsessing while you wait. Speaking of which, and symptoms? How are you feeling? I'm rooting for you to get your BFP this cycle, just so you can flaunt it when you tell your RE that his/her services won't be needed next month after all!

Wehrli: What a promising insemination story! I think that the 10.30 twinge is an especially good sign. I was really glad to have a BFP cycle to look back at during this TWW, even when there were differences. I hope you have the same experience, and that it leads to a BFP! Have a great, relaxing, weekend away...sounds like the perfect setting for implantation!

Sweet Scarlett: I'm sorry for your crappy day, and for the fact that the signs aren't lining up in a clear way. How frustrating and unfair! I don't have any real advice, other than my usual rant about how I never trust OPKs alone, but you already know that, and you are using every available sign! Maybe you can try today or tomorrow, sort of splitting the difference between what your cervix seems to say and what the monitor and OPKs predict? That way you have the chance that some swimmers make it through your cervix just under the wire and/or the possibility that some swimmers are alive and waiting if you ovulate on Sunday or Monday? Ugh. I'm so sorry that you're in this position, and I hope that you get some clarity soon.

I think that I'm caught up now, but sorry if I missed you. I'm off to try to adjust to my new big news...

Old 07-09-2010, 07:01 PM

Congrats Beastie!!!

Stick little bean, stick!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 07-09-2010, 08:16 PM

Beastie! All manner of congratulations, sticky vibes, and healthy babe vibes to you. This is fantastic!!!!

:carro t:bro c

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:48 PM

Beastie: Congratulations!

Library: Big for you!

Miss Scarlett: Good luck with the insem!

Wehrli: It all sounds very promising!

5G: I ordered some of my meds online. You may be able to find your injectibles. I will let you know bc I am ordering mine soon.

AFM- I just bought my Femara today, and I found a coupon online so I got it from my drug store for $10! woo hoo!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 07-09-2010, 08:56 PM

Beastie! Congratulations!

Wowza, you are one fertile gal. I'm so happy for you and equally hopeful that this time, you'll have a very sticky bean who matures perfectly into healthy embryo and a happy baby. I'll be thinking of you, and I'm sure you are also thinking of your first little bean right now.

Please *do* stay with us on this thread for a little while (or however long you like!). Not only do we like you , but you clearly have some excellent intuition about ttc. Would you mind summarizing your successful cycle for us? And what were your TWW sympoms--I know you had some nausea--what else? How are you feeling now?

You asked if I had any symptoms. At 7dpo, I'd say no. The only possible symptom is occasional and barely noticeable breast tingling sensation. But I had that one other BFN cycle, too. Truthfully, I really don't feel pregnant at all. But I didn't feel any different when I was preggers with my DP until about 9 weeks (when the morning sickness and fatigue hit). But I'm not feeling down about it. I have so much going on with the house, and I feel like I'm really making progress with ttc during this first month working with the RE. Even if the time isn't quite right yet, I'm confident that it will happen relatively soon. I'll probably feel very differently toward the middle of the week when I'll be testing (on Wed 7/14 if AF hasn't shown by then). But for now, I'm feeling good, if not pregnant exactly. Thanks for asking.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 PM

Whoohoo Beastie !!!!!!

Congrats !

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 PM

Yay Beastie! Stick Beastie Jr.!

I got nothing on the TTC front. We are hoping to do 1 IUI next month and maybe 1 ICI. Would love some insight on at home IUIs.

My kids are cute, asking about when we'll have another baby. (also, the other we were talking about taxes and I said some of they money collected is to fix things and DS said, "like to stop the war?" It made me LOL and I had to tell him that we're spending millions to fund the war. Embarassing.)

Anyway, it's really hot here. DD had a fever so I bought another thermometer, but I haven't started using it yet. It looks like, depending on when my next cycle starts, I'll only be able to afford 1 vial. I was planning 3, but it's been a big money summer, I guess. My job is cutting me back to 32 hours a week, and I'll lose my $2 hr shift dif. I'm basically going to lose all my spending and sperm money. C'est la vie. If I don't get pregnant this next try, I'll just give it up, or start up again tax time.

My fingers are crossed for all of you.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 07-09-2010, 11:29 PM

BEASTIE!!!!!! how wonderful for you and your dp!!!! i can't tell you how happy i am about your bfp. stick to the pole little one.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 PM

Yay Beastie! I, too, would live to hear your success story in full--you're clearly got a knack for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post
Would love some insight on at home IUIs.
Anything in particular you'd like to know? We've got 3 DIY-IUIs under our belt, and all went smoothly. Happy to share more...

LibraryLady, Wehrli, AHope--I hope you all follow in Beastie's footsteps very shortly!

Scarlett--how frustrating! Trust your gut on this one, and know it's the best you can do.

AFM: CD 11 (I think? It's been a long week.) we nearly ordered swimmers to arrive tomorrow, anticipating O to happen sometime next week. But my early signs are especially elusive this month, so I held off. Downside is things may change quickly, and I may need to manufacture a midweek excuse for working at home one morning while I wait for the fedex truck. I hope my timing is more in line with swim team landing next Saturday. What I wouldn't give for a somewhat predictable cycle!

In other news, PDX is experiencing a heatwave! Which for us means low 90s--quite hilarious for this Midwest-bred gal. I'm loving the sun!

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 AM

I just spent like two hours reading a lesbian ttc blog by some folks (Megan and Sasha) who are now pregnant with #2 and on the Q&P board. Wow.

Beastie Still so thrilled for you and thinking sticky, sticky, healthy thoughts!

Library Here's my theory: late implantation (with the dip), which would mean that home preg tests aren't working yet, because your hcg doesn't start going up until a few days after implantation. Here's hoping...

Amy I hear you on wanting a more predictable cycle. I hope this one turns out nice and clear eventually!

Seraf Bad news about your hours being cut and struggling to find ttc money. I hope your next try does the trick.

Max Wow--$10 meds--nice going!

Scarlett I know that bitter feeling well and really feel for you right now. Ambiguity about when to insem has been the very hardest part of this process for me, and I really hope that this is the last time you have to struggle with it.

Wehrli Fingers crossed!

AFM DP and I had an argument tonight about cabinets...and my mom. Don't ask how those two very different dicey issues managed to converge, but it wasn't pretty. We're fine now (we don't really fight, exactly, just have painful discussions) but still not feeling very close. So much for my hopes for a cozy night. Tomorrow, we're going into Chicago to have dinner and to see the new movie about the two lesbian moms ("The Kids are All Right"). I'm happy about that. It will be a great break from the renovation planning. We close on the house on Monday morning! The house has been a great distraction from the tww...but I really don't think I'm pregnant.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:08 AM

Beastie - Congratulations!

Library - I agree - late implantation. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Amy - I too have unpredictable cycles so I understand the frustration.

Seraf - Money is always a pain, isn't it? I'm wondering how we're going to afford this, but luckily we have 2 vials left and at 50% coverage.

AmandaH - Sorry to hear about the argument. Hopefully things cool down soon. Maybe it's pregnancy anger? I know when I was pregnant with my DS I had some serious anger issues. LOL

Everyone in the TWW - good luck!

AFM - Back from vacation and getting ready for our first IUI. Trying to decide still about weaning and Clomid. But with two vials left of our DS's donor I really want to have the best shot so I'm leaning towards weaning and clomid. Easy to say here, but not when my little guy is begging for "drink." I want to talk with my DP this weekend and make some kind of decision. She's pro-meds, but I'm not opposed to trying at least once without. Why does this have to be so difficult.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:19 AM

BEASTIE!!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!!

YAY SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! That little bean isnt going anywhere for the next nine months, Im sure it is happy & comfortable right where it is!

I had dinner with my two 8 month preggo besties tonight, and it went well, I know it will be mine turn eventually. Im just going to keep pushing forward.
Happy Weekend everyone and thanks for all of the sweet, supportive thoughts

Old 07-10-2010, 02:57 AM

Beastie I am SOOO excited for you! And yes, please tell us all the details!

Also I'm not Dykemom but I think I can answer your questions about meds - Dexamethasone is a steroid, usually used low dose prior to ovulation. It can improve egg quality and mostly is used to suppress antibodies and manage auto-immune implantation failure. After ovulation you switch to Prednisone (Or you can be on Prednisone the whole time). Prednisone does not help egg quality but it does help the auto-immune issues and it will not cross the placenta the way Dexamethasone can, so that's why the switch after O. I'm on 10mg a day of Presnisone before O and 20 a day after (just because Prednisone is what I have access to lol).

Metformin (Glucophage) helps with insulin resistance. It is frequently prescribed to women with PCOS or unexplained infertility or miscarriage, in addition to women with insulin resistance. It is supposed to help prevent implantation failure and miscarriage. I am really hoping I can convince my doctor to put me on it (especially since I'm almost positive I'm insulin resistant).

Scarlett I'm sorry you're having such difficulty predicting ovulation. I've been thinking about it and at first I was wondering if there was any way to split the vial up and use half at a time, but I guess that couldn't work because of temperature. I really hope you're able to get it figured out, or even if the timing is a little ways from O the swimmers are still there at the right time. Good luck!!

AFM I got the blood tests done, woot!! Though not without further drama. When we got to the lab they didn't have the faxes at all. They called and weren't able to reach my doctor. I was totally terrified they'd already left for the weekend. But my husband called on the cell phone (he had to go outside for reception) and got ahold of the office manager, who insisted she HAD faxed the right place and tried to argue with him lol. Luckily he gave her the number and persuaded her to try again, and the paperwork all came through.

So I should have most of the results within a few days, hopefully by my appointment on Thursday. Reverse T3, estrogen and testosterone get set out to another lab so I won't find out about those for a week or so they said (who knows, maybe they'll get back a day early if I'm lucky?). T3 and testosterone don't matter much but I was really hoping to have the estrogen done sooner so I'd know if I needed to change anything. Oh well, hopefully it'll all be perfect, or I'll at least find out in time to make a difference this cycle.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Library Good morning! Thinking about you. Did you test this morning? How's the temp?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Beastie! Hooray!!!! I'm sending you lots of healthy and sticky baby thoughts!

Library: How are you doing?

AmandaHope: I have everything crossed for you too!

Wehrli: I'm glad the insem went well. I can't wait to hear your good news too!

AFM: Still visiting family, hence not much time to post. I don't know how I am going to figure out when I O this month--I know it sort of doesn't matter, but I would like to know. Since I'm on vacation, I'm temping at different times every morning, which makes my temps a bit wacky (sorry I haven't posted them--I'll do it when I get home). My cervix is still sore when I touch it, so I'm reluctant to feel it too often, and I still have hcg in my system so opks aren't going to work. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 07-10-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solejean View Post

AFM - Back from vacation and getting ready for our first IUI. Trying to decide still about weaning and Clomid. But with two vials left of our DS's donor I really want to have the best shot so I'm leaning towards weaning and clomid. Easy to say here, but not when my little guy is begging for "drink." I want to talk with my DP this weekend and make some kind of decision. She's pro-meds, but I'm not opposed to trying at least once without. Why does this have to be so difficult.
These decisions really are difficult. If you had more than 2 vials, I'd say (not that you asked for advice ) to try at least once without the clomid, but I can definitely understand your concern about the limited supply. How strongly do you feel about having the same donor? This was an issue for us. I initially felt very strongly about having the same donor as for my DD, but when the logistics became difficult, I was surprised how easily I switched over, mentally, to a new donor. It is very exciting, though, that you are approaching your first cycle ttc #2!

Escher Thanks.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:41 PM

Beastie!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so fertile and fortunate! I hope it all goes well from now on out.

I haven't but a moment, so there will be no personals here, just wanted to update my maddening situation. My temp went down a bit this morning to 97.60 but there's no AF (as of now, 7 pm) Looking back at my charts, I haven't ever gotten past day 15 without my period and now it's day 16. I didn't test today, but might tomorrow depending on my temp. BUT it's true we're sleeping in a hotel with frigid a/c which we don't use at home, so I don't know if that's a factor? I just don't know!! I think it's probably negative, I just can't feel positive. I'm afraid this is just more of the progesterone mind-fck. THANK YOU for all your encouraging thoughts. I'll report back tomorrow evening when we're back home and maybe we'll know something definitive. I hope it's good news, I just wish I could believe it more.

GOOD LUCK and much love to my 2ww sistahs, and best thoughts for everyone else. Dallas is rainy and cool and full of good food.

Talk to you soon xooxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 07-11-2010, 12:14 AM

Dear all,

Thank you thank you for your kind words and enthusiastic celebrations for this early pregnancy. I'm still feeling a bit shell shocked by our success, and your joy helps me to know that this is really happening. I will for sure hang around, and I hope I get to celebrate for all of you very very soon. Thanks for all of the loving community you've made for me.

MaxK: Great femara deal! How are you feeling as you get serious about gearing up for this cycle?

AHope: I think you sound reasonable and sane about your possible symptoms for this part of the TWW. While it's exciting to track a million little feelings and hints, it's also exhausting, and I felt in this last TWW that I couldn't do anything but[I navel-gaze (literally, sometimes!) and obsess. Your low-key-but-positive plan sounds like a better balance, plus you'll have an awesome kitchen to show for it! Still, let us know if other mystery symptoms appear...in fact, can we count your fight with DP as early pregnancy "moodiness"?

Seraf: I love hearing about your conversations with your kids! I'm sorry about your job situation and the tight TTC finances. I hope this next cycle is the one! I do hope you'll temp this time around, if only just so I can keep track.

Amy: Enjoy the heat! I hope you get the clear signs that you need to get the exact timing for a perfect insem. Keep us in the loop as things get closer!

Wehrli: Any news? for you!

SoleJean: What a hard choice to have to make. I know you'll find a solution that works for your family. How lucky your son is that you're so thoughtful about his needs, even as you move forward with TTC!

Scarlett: I hope you get to join your preggo friends' club asap! How are your signs looking? How are you feeling?

Bunny: Thanks for the info. I was mostly wondering what made Dykemom pick these particular meds, but it helps to know what they do. I'm thrilled that your testing went well, and I'm hoping you find some important clues that will help you get your BFP.

Escher: Charting on the road is so tricky! But there might be a pattern nonetheless, and I hope you find it. Sending healing vibes to your cervix, and hoping you're having fun with your fam.

Library!!! I am maddened on your behalf, and am holding out hope for the very best news. I am therefore on board for the late-implantation theory, and I hope you get your BFP any minute now. Keep peeing on things! and keep us in the loop. Sending some of my freakish fertility your way...

And speaking of my freakish fertility, thanks AHope and Amy, for asking about the specifics of this cycle. I think I've shared most of it, but I'll think about the details and post maybe tomorrow about it? In the meantime, I'm still digesting the news. Keep sending the sticky vibes...

xo,
Beastie

Old 07-11-2010, 12:53 PM

Beastie - Congrats!! I'm so happy for you. Stick, little bean!

AmandaHope, Wehrli, & Library - Thinking of you and crossing all appendages!

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 07-11-2010, 03:22 PM

Beastie-- Im feeling surprisingly peaceful. The OvaCue ovulation sensor has been a blessing in that it's giving me confidence that I haven't missed ovulation. I finally got a "high" on my monitor this morning, nothing is ferning, still a (-) on my smileys, and my saliva sensor says tomorrow is the day (whew). My cervix & cm is still a little ambiguous, but Im just going with it
I've been thinking of you SO much these last two days, STICK BEAN STICK!

Library-- Thinking of you today

AmandaHope-- I am getting super close to joining you in the 2ww, keeping everything crossed super tight for you & Wehrli

SoleJean My thoughts on Clomid (this is only my opinion) I had no adverse reactions from the clomid, except a pesky 5 lbs of weight gain, and the fact that my ovaries felt a little bit like basketballs (this very well could have been mostly in my head however). My issue with meds was that it made my cycle even more ambiguous, and gave me a lot of false pg symptoms for my 2WW. That being said, if you have the ability to track your O date in a more high tech manner (i.e. ultrasound), or you have a really regular cycle, it wouldnt be much of an issue.

AFM Still stalking my little eggy, but feeling more peaceful. Hoping to insem soon, but trying to trust my own judgement.

PS I really like the little jumpy around smiley on my signature, it's incredibly fitting. Just so yall know

User Tag List