Queer Conceptions - July - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 486 Old 07-12-2010, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Miss Scarlett Exciting that you are inseminating tonight! If I were you, I'd also follow Beastie's advice! Hope this one does the trick!

Wehrli How was the first weekend of the Faire?

5G Happy conception day!!

Gumshoe Welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet. We also had a really hard time deciding to ttc for a second child. How old is your first little one?

AFM, my RE's office won't "order" my next cycle! I have to meet with the RE first to go over this month's test results, but he doesn't have an appointment until the 27th. So I'm out for this next cycle (unless, against all odds and signs, I'm actually pregnant now). The odd thing is that I'm not really upset about it. I barely would have made it timing wise anyway, since I'll be out of town from the 28th-16th. This is my vacation time, and it will be nice to join my family and friends for the ritual G&Ts during happy hour on the beach (on San Juan Island, Washington State). And that cycle when I get back will be my IDEAL cycle for my academic schedule. So waiting until then is ok, though I'm still mad that I didn't think (nor did anyone at the RE's office think) to schedule my appointment earlier. Sigh.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#182 of 486 Old 07-12-2010, 06:55 PM

Scarlett!!! This is very exciting. I hope you feel good about your choice and that I didn't exert too much peer pressure. I'd sending so many great vibes your way.

Gumshoe: Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Wehrli: Welcome back. I want to hear about the faire! Also, I like your TWW ticker in your signature!

Library: ENJOY that wine. You deserve it! Sending you all the best.

AHope: What a great attitude you have! I think taking a break over vacations sounds sane and reasonable, and that any reasonable egg would have the good sense to implant on the proper academic cycle! But I haven't given up hope for your current cycle, either. Any signs, real or imagined?

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#183 of 486 Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

beastie, hmmm... i'm not really sure what to say about the faire... what are you curious about? have you ever been? are you nearby? i was gonna post some pics on FB last night, however the 'puter ate them. ps. my tww ticker was inspired by you!

AHope, so... how's feel being a homo(wner)? is this the second house you've owned??

007, you say "having more children"... do you have others? adopted or did your DP carry? or "other"?

max, welcome back! starting your injectables, eh?! exciting!!

bunny, yay for new pets!! what's puppy's name?

AMom, enjoy Dublin!!

5G
DykeMom
Scarlett
AHope
and me!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#184 of 486 Old 07-12-2010, 08:33 PM

WAHOOOOIIEEEEEEE OPK ++++!!!!!!! I've been dreaming of seeing that SMILEY, now I just need to keep going forward to that BFP!!

Beastie-- Nope, no peer pressure, but as we (DP & I) talked about it, we both decided we would rather err on early as opposed to late, and everything is screaming fertile SO we are going for it. I have such high hopes as we are so in love with this donor, but even if it is a negative, it has been a great learning cycle regardless. THANK YOU!

Coco--THANK YOU!! That is great information that I had forgotten about! Thank you for taking the time to find that for me

AmandaHope, Wehrli, Library Thank you thank you for the

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#185 of 486 Old 07-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Okay, trying to catch up here:

escher I wish I could help you on the O signs. The only one I know is the EWCM. I've always relied on OPKs and now my cycles are medicated and ridiculously scrutinized by my RE - my job is just to make sure I'm getting all the right shots at the right times! Good luck!!

MissScarlett GL on your insem tonight!!

Bunny Yay for a puppy!! We have a mini poodle (11lbs) and a terrier mix (20lbs). I love the little buggers.

dykemom Hope the insem went well! Thinking good thoughts!

AmandaMom DUBLIN! Awesome! Have so much fun!

solejean I laughed right out loud at FF's inability to predict your O window. I hope you figure things out for next cycle.

beastie I'm sorry you're feeling so worried. I'm already worried about that stuff for the baby we haven't conceived yet. :-/ I'm hoping for a sticky little bean for you!

gumshoe Welcome! The tww sucks. I hope you get preggers this time, but if you ever have to get the HCG trigger or go on progesterone, you will literally go crazy from the pregnancy symptoms those hormones bring on. Oy!

wehrli TWW buddy! Let's make this happen!

AFM Insem went well this morning, but was very emotional. It's our last chance with DP brother's sperm, and we've spent a gang of cash on drugs this month. If it doesn't take this month, we're taking a break and figuring out what the next step is. So it felt like a big culmination this morning, and now that it's over, I keep forgetting we even insemmed. I don't think I shared how my RE appt went last Friday. Last Tuesday, he said I had 5-6 follies. Friday, it was up to EIGHT. I know a lot of you would not trigger with that many, and I respect that, but we decided to do it. The chances of all of them taking are slim. And we have discussed and are prepared for SR if that's what it comes to. But we are hoping for one or two peanuts! The doc was very responsible and made sure that we were okay with SR before he went ahead with the trigger. He did say, when he saw my ovaries, "well, it's not a question of IF you'll get pregnant, it's a question of WHEN. If this doesn't work for you, IVF will definitely work for you." He said, "Why can't all of my IVF patients respond as well as you are to these meds?" We had to do a shot to prevent premature ovulation, and we did a Lupron trigger, which shuts down my body to prevent hyperstimulation... but this means I have to be on progesterone-in-oil for the next 2-10 weeks. I haven't read any glowing reviews of these shots. Our first one is tonight. I'm nervous for sure, but I gotta do it, so there's no use in freaking out. Any experiences you've had with them would be appreciated!!

So that's it. Just waiting now. Sigh. If I can't get knocked up with EIGHT follicles, I don't know WTF the deal is!

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

#186 of 486 Old 07-12-2010, 08:52 PM

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone.

LibraryLady - I'll do my best to pull a Nancy Drew and solve the thieving mystery!

MissScarlet - I'm glad to hear that you had food "issues" during your first early pregnancy. I feel like I'm going crazy, but so glad I'm not alone. Have lots of fun at your insemination tonight.

Wherli - Thanks for adding me to the roll call.

AFM, we actually already have two children ages 12 and 15. We adopted them three years ago. Our kids are mostly excited to potentially have a younger sibling. One is looking forward to babysitting and the other to video game introductions. One wants the baby to be a girl and the other a boy. We can deliver on most of the above, but I'm not sure we're going to have an all-round win on this one!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#187 of 486 Old 07-12-2010, 11:07 PM

Ok, we're really confused about what color/stain/whatever to do for our new cabinets/kitchen. I realize that in the scheme of things, this is not important. Really. But I thought I'd share our inspiration (not that our kitchen would really ever look like this--it is maybe 1/2 the size, and we're not doing a hood over the oven, etc.). But this is the marine painted cabinet look we were thinking about (but are now getting cold feet about).

http://www.coastalliving.com/homes/d...0414000067396/

Are we crazy to spend massive money on new wood cabinets and then to have them painted? Our issue with natural wood stains is that we have oak floors, and unless the cabinets would be really light or really dark, they would be too monotone with the floors. And we can't go dark, because the kitchen is too small. The alternative is to do some kind of ivory glaze (so that the cabinets would be light creamy color--but clearly wood) and use lots of marine blue in the paint and tile backsplash to achieve the desired airy/beachy look. If you are at all interested in these things, feel free to share an opinion. If not, I don't blame you. I'm not that interested in it myself, honestly, except that it is going to be where I spend a lot of time, and I'd like to like it.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#188 of 486 Old 07-12-2010, 11:43 PM

Hello Ladies! I have been trying to keep up with everyone, but my internet has been out over the weekend. No rhyme or reason why...but it took Comcast till today to get me back online. Okay now to try to catch up on personals.

Libarary~ OMG! I am sooooo sorry to hear about AF and about your horrible exeriance. Please know that you are in my prayers for both. I join you with AF coming for a visit. Despite all the bad, I hope that you and your DP had a great weekend in Dallas. Hugs to you...

Beastie~ AAAAAHHHHH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! OMG. I a so excited and happy for you. Stick little bean, stick! My DP and I have been talking about this cycle and we had decided to use 3 vials this next cycle too...12hrs, 24hrs, and 36hrs opk. I need to re-read the Brill book to see what she suggests.

MissScarlet~ I agree follow your instincts. I have not been ttcing that long, but I agree that earlier could be better. Good luck to you!!! Sending you great egg catching and baby making vibes!!!!

gumshoe~ Welcome...and good luck for a swift TWW! And much baby dust to you. Hope that your stay here is short and sweet!

Bunny~
Congratulations on the new little/medium addition to the family. Puppies are great! Good luck with waiting to "O". Were a few days apart...so we will by cycle buddies again. :-)

Wherli~ Did the Ren faire open this weekend? If so how did it go?

AmandaMom~ Congrat to you as well...that honeymoon do Ireland sounds absolutely amazing. My DW and I were married over a year ago and we have not had a honeymoon yet...we would love to go to Europe, take a cruise or even just spend a few days hanging out in P-town. Until we get there I will just have to live vicariously through you. (Hope that you don't mind)

Ohhhh I love the cabinets, they do give the kitchen that open and airy beach feel. Could you paint the existing cabinets that are already in the kitchen? Using the light blue in the back spash of the kitchen sonds nice as well. I would say no to being crazy about the cabinets, but your are talking to a lady who has spent about 10k in the last year re-doing things in her house. Just last week we bought a hot tub. DW has always wanted one and she found one that she loved so we bought it and it will be delivered tomorrow...I say go for it, you only live once. Right?!?

5baby~ Good luck to you girl...sticy bean, sticky bean...Hope the tww goes well. What meds did you take this cycle? I am doing clomid this cycle...and trying to find someone to give me a perscription for the trigger shot. Everything for us is out of pocket until after we try 6 times..then the insurance will kick in.

DykeMom~ Hope that yout insem went well...sending you sticky bean vibes and a peaceful TWW.

AFM~ Lots going on these last two weeks have been really crazy...with my tww going on, and the vacation from hell and then my DW's aunt passing away, not to mention working 50 hr weeks on a temp assignment, and taking a summer class. Argh! Is is nice to be able to sit down and rest. The funeral for Aunt J was this weekend...lots of family in for it. Some are still our house guests, but they will be leaving tomorrow.

I had a birthday this past weekend...#38. It was a nice day...lots of my DW's family here to help me celebrate it. I got a new phone for my b-day a Sprint EVO touch screen. It's nice. Anyway, on the the next cycle. We have decided to try clomid this cycle. I had been taking a natural prenatal vitamin with vitex (?) the natural equivalant to clomid, but I can't tell if it is working so I am moving to clomid. I'm trying to get the the IVF clinic that I used back in December to write me a prescription for the trigger shot, if not then we will just have to read the signs.

Okay I am in my last week of my temp-assignment....thank GOD! Good luck to all of you TWW's! Baby Dust to you all... and for those waiting to "O" good luck reading the signs and catching that egg! or eggs!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#189 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 12:06 AM

Gelly ! Good luck this cycle with the Clomid. I'll be really interested to hear about your experience. I've been on vitex, too, but it doesn't seem to be doing much, so I'll probably go on Clomid next cycle. I hope that does it for you! And thanks for the positive feedback on the cabinets.

#190 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivegrandbaby View Post
this means I have to be on progesterone-in-oil for the next 2-10 weeks. I haven't read any glowing reviews of these shots. Our first one is tonight. I'm nervous for sure, but I gotta do it, so there's no use in freaking out. Any experiences you've had with them would be appreciated!!

So that's it. Just waiting now. Sigh. If I can't get knocked up with EIGHT follicles, I don't know WTF the deal is!
Wow... Eight ? Were they all mature ??? I hope that at least one (or why nor two !) take !!!

About the progesterone in oil injections, I had to have them for two weeks when I tried IVF. I found that the best way to avoid any pain was to freeze up the spot with Ice. It worked pretty well, I sometimes could feel the injections all the way in my toes but not the pain of the needle.... and it is quite a needle isnt it... How did your first injection go ?? Are they having you do them in the muscle above the buttock ??

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#191 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

gelly, i'm glad things seem to be mellowing out for you. good luck with the clomid, but you may want to discontinue the vitex while taking clomid. i read on the internet that it may be dangerous... that was after i took both together, not a lot of vitex but still. my follie was just a little smaller than last cycle on clomid, too... i have no idea if taking them together had anything to do with that.

AHope, i love the blue cabinets! it inspires me to paint ours... when we bought the place there was this great 1" tile (shades of grey and some random pink) from the 2/3 the way up from the floor, then dark wood paneling(yuck) and light (oak colored) cabinets. for a quick fix we filled in the cracks of the paneling with spackle and painted it light blue/grey... but the cabinets are still oak colored. the rest of the kitchen is done in greys, with red and black accents. the wood color doesn't "go" with anything else in the kitchen. i think that's my next project... paint those cabinets!

007, that's awesome that you adopted! i really would like to myself, but i'm so intimidated by the whole process... we'd both really love to take in a sibling group but don't feel ready to be parents of older children (without having raised a child to that age). tell me more about the process... did you foster first? did it cost a lot? lots of red tape? were you and DP able to adopt them together? am i bothering you with all of these questions? ps. we are the same DPO, huh?! when are you testing?

speaking of testing... i'll add your test date to the roll call if you post in bold!

2HappyMamas, how have you been?? are you lurking??

5G, wow! you have a lot of eggies!! good luck only catching 1-2!! and i just want to add that i don't think you are [too] crazy for inseming with all of those eggs, you've got a lot riding on this cycle. i am, however, glad you are strong enough to do the SR if need be. you are so close to your BFP!!!

scarlett, congrats on the +opk! how'd the insem go?? did you get a temp rise this morning? FXFU

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#192 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 AM

Good Morning

FiveGrand-- I dont blame you at all for going ahead with the insem in your current situation. Hoping for a Goldylocks scenario for you & DP...not too few, not too many, but JUST RIGHT

Gelly-- HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I had a good experience for the most part with Clomid. I gained a little weight (5lbs), and felt a bit cranky, but nothing extremely adverse. My only issue was that I felt it made my already ambiguous cycles even more so. GOOD LUCK to you and thanks for the

AmandaHope-- I flipping love that kitchen. The cabinets are fabulous (and that's about the color of my toenails right now heheh) It's so bright & airy, yet inviting. I think it would be an excellent choice.

GumShoe-- Im adopted, did you get them as infants? Or older children? How wonderful, hoping you get to add a new little to your sweet family soon.

Wehrli-- Insemination went well last night, a little more uncomfortable than they have been in the past, but DP did great. It's funny to have so much affection towards a little numbered vial. It was nice to come straight home & to bed, took me FOREVER to fall asleep, but I feel rested. I finally got a PEAK on my CBE monitor today, I had to laugh. My temp SHOT up this morning, so hoping we got it all right this time. To be honest, after so many months of not even getting to have a 2ww, I'm just relieved to have some swimmers in me.

Could you move me to WAITING TO KNOW 2WW (thank you)

#193 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Good Morning

AmandaHope-- I flipping love that kitchen. The cabinets are fabulous (and that's about the color of my toenails right now heheh) It's so bright & airy, yet inviting. I think it would be an excellent choice.

Wehrli-- Insemination went well last night, a little more uncomfortable than they have been in the past, but DP did great. It's funny to have so much affection towards a little numbered vial. It was nice to come straight home & to bed, took me FOREVER to fall asleep, but I feel rested. I finally got a PEAK on my CBE monitor today, I had to laugh. My temp SHOT up this morning, so hoping we got it all right this time. To be honest, after so many months of not even getting to have a 2ww, I'm just relieved to have some swimmers in me.

Could you move me to WAITING TO KNOW 2WW (thank you)
Thanks for the kitchen feedback. You all are definitely encouraging my desires, here. DP is worried that midwesterners won't like the blue and that if we do end up selling the house sometime in the next 5-10 years (which we'd only do if I miraculously get an even better academic job on the west coast--chances are slim to none), potential buyers won't like it. But I think we'll do it anyway--maybe in one shade darker/greener for an even more maritime look.

More importantly, NICE GOING on the temp rise! You did it! You hunted that egg down and got perfect timing. That is fantastic!

#194 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 12:46 PM

Scarlett: I'll think you got the timing perfect

gelly: That sounds like an intense two weeks! Glad you've got a plan worked out, sounds great.

AHope: Those cabinets are beyond beautiful. I think if you can bring yourself to paint the wood, then it would be fantastic, but I also think that the ivory glaze would achieve the desired effects--that would be almost a sandy color to go with the ocean. Hopefully your vacation will jump start everything and you'll have that perfectly timed baby.

007: How great that your older kids are excited about a baby! You'll have an amazing family.

5G: I don't think you're crazy for going ahead with 8. You know what you can and can't handle, and that's all that should matter. That said, come on babies!

Library: I'm so sorry that everything's in turmoil. Glad that all the research wasn't lost, though. Enjoy that well-deserved glass of wine! Also, your comment about the Oscar Wilde statue made me lol

max: I hope the Femara will do the trick!

bunny: Hooray for a new puppy! I think my kittens have helped SO MUCH with having to wait out cycles.

dykemom: Fingers are firmly crossed! I've used 3 cc, 5 cc, and 10 cc syringes, and the 10's have been my favorite--they seem to be the easiest to use.

solejean: Um, could FF be a little more vague? My word...why bother estimating?

AMom: Eloping sounds amazing, and Dublin sounds even MORE amazing! I think European honeymoons are soooo much fun. Ours was Paris, Cumbria, and Edinburgh, and it was amazing, but I've never been to Ireland!

Beastie: I'm so in awe of your perfect streak! Two for two! Congratulations, and I'm so glad you're hanging out with us still! Stick, bean, stick!

wehrli: Twinges and flutters sound good to me! Here's hoping...

:fx for everyone!

AFM: Just hanging out still. AF should be here any day now. Having the swimmers tested the week before O, and wearing the OVWatch to be sure of things.

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#195 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 01:05 PM

Scarlett!!! It sounds like you had absolutely perfect timing! I can just visualize that vial of swimmers hanging out ready to meet your egg (I think that smilie is weird, since, to me, the final baby appears to be wearing a bra on her head, but the sperm finding the egg is the point). I think you and your DP should give yourselves a serious pat on the back for paying such close attention to your body, for waiting for all the right signs, and for going for it! Do you have a version of your chart available online that we can stalk? I want to see that lucky temp spike!

5G: Wow, there's a lot of big feelings wrapped up in this cycle for you guys. But eight follicles! I can't help but think that you are pregnant already! for an easy TWW with great results. Oh, and about your shots: I give my DP, who's trans, shots of testosterone-in-oil every other week, with a big needle! It looks scary, but it gets pretty easy over time. Good luck!

Wehrli: I guess I don't have anything specific I want to know about the Ren Faire, just any funny stories. out of the ordinary events, or reports from the TWW at the faire. But I suppose it's so old hat for your and your DP that there isn't much worth reporting! In any case, I love watching your countdown progress: not too long till you test! How are you feeling?

Solejean: to FF.

Gumshoe: Your family sounds great! I hope you get a baby asap to add to the pack!

AHope: What a beautiful kitchen. I say go for it, especially with a slightly darker/greener color! We also struggle to do things we love while maintaining some resale value in our midwestern house, but we figure that most people are willing to overlook "surface stuff" like paint colors, etc. So if the cabinets are real wood, the theoretical buyer could always paint or stain them. And in the meantime, you'd have the kitchen of your dreams!

Gelly: Sorry about AF, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope things settle down in the next few weeks, and that this is a more calm, positive, and successful cycle! Let me know if you want to talk about the three vial system: we used the last two together, rather than 24 hours apart, so I'd love to hear more about your plan and how it goes!

I think that makes me caught up!

AFM: We leave tomorrow for 3 weeks of visiting with family in NY and CA. I'm bringing work, and hope I'll get at least some writing in, along with resting up and enjoying the fam. I haven't told my family about this pregnancy yet, so that's also on the agenda. So I likely won't be able to keep up my daily (!) check ins here while I'm gone, but I'll be stopping in when I can and sending the very best to you all. I'm also thinking about taking the plunge and cautiously joining Queer and Pregnant sometime soon, and I hope to see ALL of you there asap!

ETA: Hi, Chiquitayy! I think we crossposted!

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#196 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 02:20 PM

Thanks for all of the support on the 8 follicles! We're not telling ANYONE that we know that we had that many. But I figured I could share it here. And yes, they were all mature. I asked the doc, "Just because there's 8 follicles, that doesn't mean eight eggs will release, right?" He smiled and said, "I'm pretty sure they're all going to release. They're all mature." EEPS! But after going through the shots last month and only getting ONE FOLLICLE, we were thrilled. We do have a lot of emotion and a lot riding on this cycle. I so hope it worked - but I'm already starting to get that feeling that it's just never going to happen. I'm only 1DPO! Sigh.

Regarding the shot: it wasn't bad! But it was only the first one. Coco99, I read about the ice thing (and found mixed results), but for me, it's not really the puncture of my skin, it's the plunging of the thick oil that I was worried about. Here's what we did - I warmed the vial in my bra (), starting about an hour before it was time to do the shot, so by the time it was go-time, the vial was completely body-temperature. We swabbed w/ alcohol, let it dry completely. I laid on the bed, with my feet pigeon toed. I took several deep breaths to make sure my muscles were totally relaxed. DP squeezed the skin while the needle went in, and then pulled the skin taut around the needle while the plunging. We planned on counting to 20 while she pushed 1 CC in, but she made it to 22 before all of the oil was in. She immediately put a heating pad on the injection site and we took turns massaging the site for about 10 minutes. I sat on the heating pad for another 10 minutes or so afterward. Feels okay today - I just hope it stays feeling okay, because (hopefully) we have a long haul with these shots!

gellybeangirl Happy birthday! And to answer your question, we used Bravelle this month. Everything has been out of pocket for us - this is month 7. If this doesn't take, we'll talk to the insurance moving forward.

I feel like no one talks about the success rate of pregnancy with this many follicles - all they talk about is canceling the cycle. It's almost like They (with a capital T) think that it's not a matter of whether you'll get pregnant, it's a matter of how many you'll get pregnant with! But I know the odds are STILL against us. It's so frustrating. You'd think with eight healthy eggs, and a perfect lining (my doc's words), it'd be a sure thing. Just a short 2 weeks until I find out.

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

#197 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 02:31 PM

5GB - someone on another messageboard i read insemmed with 7 mature follicles and is pregnant with twins. i hope that puts your mind to rest a wee bit? i had 4 and only got pregnant with one.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#198 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 04:48 PM

Thanks, indigoscot. That DOES make me feel better. I like to use the following flawed logic: if you have a 10 percent chance of conceiving with IUI with ONE follicle, you have an 80 percent chance of conceiving with IUI with EIGHT follicles!

Who's with me?

Anyone? Hello?

#199 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivegrandbaby View Post
Thanks, indigoscot. That DOES make me feel better. I like to use the following flawed logic: if you have a 10 percent chance of conceiving with IUI with ONE follicle, you have an 80 percent chance of conceiving with IUI with EIGHT follicles!

Who's with me?

Anyone? Hello?

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#200 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 07:06 PM

Hi Everyone,

Fivegrandbaby: How exciting that you have such a good chance of getting pregnant! An 80% chance sounds great.

Beastie: I hope you have a great time in NY and CA. I'm still so excited for you! Thanks for sharing what worked for you. It always seems like a combination of things we do and luck, so it is good to know what things you did that worked! I like having you hang around here, and it's exciting that you might also join Q & P!

Chiquitayy: It's exciting you're almost to an insem cycle!

Miss Scarlett: Hooray for a temp rise when you want it!

Wehrli: I'm so excited you're in the TWW! How is it feeling so far? Are you planning to skip hpts again?

AmandaHope: Are you testing tomorrow? How are you feeling? I'm sorry that if this one doesn't work you'll have to take a cycle off, but it sounds like that will work out well for you for a lot of reasons.

LibraryLady: How are you doing? I see you're still just spotting. What do you think it going on? Are you going to get a beta?

Gumshoegirl007: Welcome! I hope that your TWW goes quickly!

Gellybeangrl: Happy Birthday!!

MaxK: How is the Femara going so far?

AFM: Still temping and watching my CM and wondering if I'll ever O. I'm putting up adjusted temps on my FF page, since my temping times have been so off lately. Hopefully now that I'm home I'll be able to do a better job with that!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#201 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 08:49 PM

Beastie I'm excited for you to get to join Queer and Pregnant, but not only do I not mind you hanging out here, I really like it! I know it's a lot to keep up with but I'll be very happy if you keep us company here for as long as you'd like.

5G wow, 8 follies is good! What protocol were you on? I can't remember, are you doing this because you have issues, or the sperm does, or both? Our male factor was so bad we only did 1 IUI (at home lol, washed our own sperm!) and then went right to IVF. I had a TON of eggs both times which all fertilized. The first time we put back 3 and none stuck and all the ones in the office died. The second time we put back 4 and again none stuck and all the ones in the office died. In our case we think it's most likely that the sperm just didn't give them the genetics they needed to go on. I hope you get the exact right number of sticky babies! I'm on clomid and not monitoring so I guess I could easily end up in the same situation lol, I just don't KNOW it before insem. Personally I could never imagine selective reduction though. How will you choose which one(s) to "reduce"? The PIO shots weren't all that bad for me. I always iced myself up really well before the shots. The first time I did them all standing up. My friend told me that if you stand pidgeon toed and lean over the counter you *can't* tense up. It worked ok and it was relaxing to stare at my guppy tank lol. The second cycle we tried doing it with me laying down on my side. My husband thought that worked a lot better for him. The shots themselves usually didn't bother me much, but towards the end of the tww I had so many bruises it was hard to find a good spot. Then again, the second IVF I was doing 2 shots of progesterone every day, and 1 of estrogen every 3rd day.

Scarlett it sounds like you had PERFERCT timing! I'm so excited for you!! Good for you for trusting your instincts and holding off.

Gumshoe welcome! I hope this is your only tww. I'd also be interested to hear more about your adoption process. My husband and I have been through two failed adoptions (both private non-agency adoptions of infants). The first one we knew was a long shot but the second one nearly killed us. Now we're terrified of the whole process. We're also going to look into fostering. We really want babies or toddlers, but we're willing to take a range of special needs. I'm just worried in our area what they do to protect the foster parent's privacy, and how we could survive if we didn't get to adopt.

AHope I love the colors for your kitchen. Do you have any pictures of your actual kitchen? I think it would look great either with the tiles and cream varnish or the paint (and tiles too maybe?). I say you should go with what you love. If you find it's a problem someday when you want to sell the house you could always strip and restain them yourself.

AFM - not a lot to report (since I check in like 5 times a day too lol). Puppy is doing great. We're still trying to figure out the right name. Between hotel prices and the extra for puppy it's gonna cost us $120 a night for the cheapest hotels I can find in that area, bleh. But at least I found one that has openings for the days we need.

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#202 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 08:57 PM

I owe you all a big THANK YOU for helping me reevaluate and go ahead with the insemination last night. I think we hit the nail on the head so to speak I still feel a little "heavy" in my lower abd (for lack of a better word), you know the "full" feeling that you get during an insemination. Anyway, just taking it easy and not over doing it. It's gonna be a long 2 weeks!!

Escher--
I had a friend that got pg the old fashioned way, miscarried, and never even had a period before she got pregnant again (she's 34 weeks now). When I m/s, I O'd exactly 14 days later, and had a period 28 days after my m/s. Keep stalking that little egg, it's in there, this just may be your bodies way of taking some time for repair. Hoping for a return to your normal cycle soon.

Beastie--This is my first month to use an online chart (oddly enough), but Ill sure link to it so yall can stalk along with me. Thank you again

Wehrli-- You are being so calm about your 2WW (insert a bit of jealousy here) how are you feeling?

Gelly-- I may have said this to you before, but I can't remember SO once again. The first cycle we tried, we did a three insemination round. 1st was 12 hrs after my LH surge was detected, and then the 2nd 12 hrs after that, and the 3rd 12 hrs after that. It is the only cycle we have done 3, and the only time (minus this one I HOPE) that we've had a BFP. If we have to choose a new donor, I will most likely do it exactly that way again next cycle (but fingers super crossed we wont have to even think about it)

Library-- Hope things are manageable, and that you are at least getting some rest.

Bunny-- Woop we cross posted, can't wait to hear the report on the pupster's name. Hoping the remainder of your wait goes by quickly, with a big, happy, fairytale ending.

#203 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyLullabye View Post

5G wow, 8 follies is good! What protocol were you on? I can't remember, are you doing this because you have issues, or the sperm does, or both? Our male factor was so bad we only did 1 IUI (at home lol, washed our own sperm!) and then went right to IVF. I had a TON of eggs both times which all fertilized. The first time we put back 3 and none stuck and all the ones in the office died. The second time we put back 4 and again none stuck and all the ones in the office died. In our case we think it's most likely that the sperm just didn't give them the genetics they needed to go on. I hope you get the exact right number of sticky babies! I'm on clomid and not monitoring so I guess I could easily end up in the same situation lol, I just don't KNOW it before insem. Personally I could never imagine selective reduction though. How will you choose which one(s) to "reduce"? The PIO shots weren't all that bad for me. I always iced myself up really well before the shots. The first time I did them all standing up. My friend told me that if you stand pidgeon toed and lean over the counter you *can't* tense up. It worked ok and it was relaxing to stare at my guppy tank lol. The second cycle we tried doing it with me laying down on my side. My husband thought that worked a lot better for him. The shots themselves usually didn't bother me much, but towards the end of the tww I had so many bruises it was hard to find a good spot. Then again, the second IVF I was doing 2 shots of progesterone every day, and 1 of estrogen every 3rd day.
We did Bravelle every day (300 I think - 4 vials) days 3-15. On day 13 and 14, we did Ganirelix to prevent premature ovulation. We did a Lupron trigger on Day 15, and then on Day 17 we insemmed and did a small HCG shot and our PIO shot. We'll obviously continue PIO until 10 weeks or a negative blood test. My cycle was similar to an IVF cycle without the extraction.

I did read all about how you can't have any weight, so we just opted to lie down while doing the shot. It seemed to work. I don't think I'm bruised as of yet. We'll see.

SR is not something I look forward to. I really, really hope we never have to do it. It would be terrible. But the chances of more than 2 HEALTHY pregnancies are so slim. They will do testing on the embryos they can reach. Ideally, only 2 are viable and the choice is made for us. Otherwise, we would most likely pick a boy and a girl (as most couples choose to do). They basically go by which ones are easiest to safely terminate combined with which ones are not viable. I'm not ignoring the possibility, but it really is a "cross that bridge when we get to it" sort of thing. I pray that we only have 1 or 2. SR is definitely not for everyone, and it's not even for us, but we are willing to do it for the safety of the embryos and me. (It's not about the inability to care for more than 2 children - it's about being safely able to carry more than 2 to term.)

We moved on to injectibles for a few reasons. Injectibles have a much higher success rate than Clomid, and when we finally made the decision to move on, we only had 2 months worth of sperm left with my partner's brother, who is our preferred donor. Also, my cycle is really long, and my estrogen tested on the low side of normal, and Clomid and low estrogen are bad bedfellows. Also - because my cycle is so long, there is a thought that my egg is releasing when it's too old... injectibles take care of all of those issues. Now, it's not for sure that I really HAVE any issues, but we were willing to go full tilt boogie to try to get pregnant with our preferred sperm. We are lucky to be in a position financially to be able to give it our all, but we have definitely taken a hit, especially with this cycle, and if it doesn't work, we're taking a break not only to find a new donor but to replenish the money!

#204 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 PM

Hey all~ how are the waits going? Gumshoe~ any symptoms? Any clues?

Scarlett~ news yet?

5G~ maybe I'm just nuts but I'm hoping for multiples, so I've got extra fingers crossed for you.

Max~ How are your drugs?

AmandaH~ So nervous for you, but giving you the full power of TEAM AMANDA! Get us started!!!

Escher~ I'll kick a little power your way too! Waiting to O's the hardest, in some ways, because you could miss or get it wrong. Waiting for your BFP just either will or won't. Good luck!

Chiquita~ Luck to you too! And truly I did not lie about the Oscar Wilde statue~ google image will prove me right!

Beastie~ Have excellent fun. And I agree, thanks for reminding us that success is possible.

Coco~ you too! you have the success I dream of.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, you're pretty busy gals!

AFM~ I'm going to the doc tomorrow. I scheduled it as a Femara scan, but I'm still feeling weird and want him to just see what he thinks. I'm hardly bleeding, and cramping a bit, but not in a period kind of way, my temp is still up but I got another negative peestick today (DP suggested it since my chart's so weird). I feel like my period's stuck, if that makes sense. Like it just won't really come yet.

The Mystery of the Thieves deepens horribly. Our neighbor, who is also a lesbian, woke Friday at 4 a.m. with a man in her room. She chased him out, got a good look at him and his car and reported it to the police. But then if we were robbed the next night, that can't be coincidence. We and the neighbor are having this looked into. Meanwhile, we've changed locks and borrowed baseball bats. It's kind of scary right now~ I'll keep you posted.

Keep your fingers crossed for us and I'll for you in all things!

xoxox

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#205 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 PM

gumshoegirl007- Welcome!

Library- How are you feeling? I've been sending you positive energy.

Miss Scarlett-

5G-

AmandaHope- We are also distracting ourselves. This Friday may be the day we close escrow on a house. We are excited and also looking for this kind of info: color/texture/lighting. I like the idea of marine blue and that you are using the guide from “coastal living”. So cute! I do agree new wood cabinets + paintings = ridiculous to me. Can you paint the old cabinets for now and see if you like it?

AFM- Had my Day 3 ultrasound and the RE said everything was good to go for this cycle. I just started my Femara pills, I will post any side effects if they come up. ☺

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#206 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 10:54 PM

Can I be moved back to waiting to o?

BFN and then my period started this morning. I start Femara again on Thursday, ultrasound on Sat. the 24th, and IUI on Mon. the 26th.
#207 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Can I be moved back to waiting to o?

BFN and then my period started this morning. I start Femara again on Thursday, ultrasound on Sat. the 24th, and IUI on Mon. the 26th.
Awww... Sorry girl...

How many tries did it take last time ?

#208 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 11:32 PM

Ugh, 2mamas~ so sorry! Biggest hugs xoxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#209 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Awww... Sorry girl...

How many tries did it take last time ?
Last time:

-1 ici at home (totally never would have worked. Found out I have pcos and need meds to mature my eggs)

-1 iui. Resulted in a positive and we lost the baby at 13 weeks.

-1 round, but i did not stimulate so the cycle was cancelled

-1 iui and the nurse failed to wash the sperm before the iui. resulted in bfn.

-1 iui, which resulted in My Love! I have not idea how or when it happened, but Colette is now 18 months!

I really only consider that we had two actual attempts that could have realistically resulted in pregnancies and I got pregnant both times. Perhaps it was my ego, but I really thought it would happen the first time again. I am disappointed, don't get me wrong. It'll happen. Hopefully on the next try because we only have one more vial left of our donor. We have access to more vials, but we'd love not to spend the money. I laughed and told DW it may have been a good thing it did not work....the vials were from a specimen donated on 06/06/06! Colette is already a handful...we really would have been in for with a baby conceived from a specimen on 06/06/06!
#210 of 486 Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 PM

2HappyMamas Colette is beautiful! Wow. I love her dark eyes and hair, and she looks like she has some serious personality already. Sorry about AF. I fully expect to join you tomorrow. My temp dropped way down today, and I haven't had a single pregnancy sign or symptom or even a feeling. Oh, well. It will happen!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page