Queer Conceptions - July - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks everyone for the clomid stories and advice.

Wehrli~ do you just call your RE and schedule a beta? Is it called something else? My OBGYN just wants me to wait till 15DPO, before I poas and then wait till CD35 to see if AF shows up. If not the she will give me a sript to get AF moving.

Library~ How goes it...I'm thinking about ya and praying for ya!

MissScarlet~ Okay....I just ordered the OvaCue Fertility monitor...my dw was a little concerened about me spending so much money, but since we are on clomid and we are not being monitored by u/s I am worried about tracking my fertility signs to "O".

I also ordered some of that pre-seed stuff...anyone ever use this product...if so what did ya think? Did it seem to help?

For all the TWW'ers...happy baby dust to you...

AFM~ Not sure if it is all in my mind or what, but I am feeling some tugging going on in the left ovary....clomid do your stuff. :-)

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#242 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 01:46 AM

Bunny! Hello fellow portlander! (I feel like there might be a few of us on this thread, right?)

I am seeing Dr Hesla at ORM. He's fine I guess. I have been in the same room with him for a combined total of about 60 minutes. I have an out-of-this-world fertility acupuncturist, naturopath, and midwife, so I jsut have to be OK with the fact that I'm not going to ORM for a "standard of care" that I'm used to. I just posted in the infertility forum to get more info about testing and next steps, since I really feel like I DO have to "be my own advocate" at ORM in a way that I don't with my other care providers. Eh, I feel like that's just how it is at an RE, right? I mean, I can't expect that they will call me the day of, the day following and the second day following an early miscarriage like my other care providers will, even though I'd LOVE it if they did.

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#243 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Gelly, getting a beta (they call it a quant B-HCG) is just part of the protocol where i am. after insem (IUI) they give me 2 scripts, one for 7dpo progesterone and one for 12dpo hcg & progesterone. on the sheet it says that you are welcome to wait for AF, but i would just rather get the b/w done. last cycle (my first with a beta) i never even poas. not even after i had a positive blood test, so i still have yet to see the second line on a hpt! not that i'm sure if i ever will bother... anyway, you could probably call for one. oh, and i totally get the pulling/tugging sensation in my ovary/ovaries after taking clomid! i love it, really... once that starts to happen i do moxabustion right over the spot that i feel the sensation... it's great to be able to focus intention to a specific spot, like, grow little follie grow!!

Bunny, so glad to hear that you got some answers... i, too, am insulin resistant and am on metformin. 750mg 2x/day. i hope it does the trick!!

millet, i'm glad you decided to join us! i didn't realize that your KD was so far away... ya know, i was thinking last night (ouch! ) i'm pretty sure that you were the thread keeper when i joined this forum...

5G, so sorry that your ovaries are hyperstimed... it's all for a good cause, right?! hang in there...

chiquitayy, so glad you are gearing up to get back in the game! come on AF!!!!

AHope, sorry for you BFN... i was really rooting for you. FX that you can get a cycle in before your vacation!

scarlett, nice spike!

painefaria, FX that you get your sticky bean this month... i'd love it if we were both in the April DDC together!!

afm, today is b/w for progesterone... i'm hoping for a really high number!! the doc said at the insem that i there was no need for me to start out with it 2x/day even though they put me on it 2/day last cycle after my 7dpo progest test (which was 29.45 and the nurse had told me they like to see it over 30), doc said, "we only need it to be over 15 for the 7dpo, and over 30 if you are pregnant"... did they know something that i didn't then?! why did they up my dosage to get me over 30 after only 7dpo?? maybe i'm overthinking it... but i just wonder if i was already testing so high because there was a bean there... anyway, FX!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#244 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 AM

Yes Millitpuff, I think Amy is in PDX too. Maybe we'll have to meet up sometime! We originally got our male factor infertility diagnosis through ORM and it was a *horrible* experience. We had Dr. Bankowski and my husband said it felt like the same high pressure sales tactics they use at Hair Club For Men! He gave us the test results, drew a diagram explaining that we have ZERO (well, 0.something tiny) % chance of getting pregnant naturally. Then he left the room, and left all that for us to stare at! (like when they take a picture of your bald head with flash and leave it there to develop while they step out lol). We weren't ready for IVF at that point and he looked at my husband and said "Why don't you want to do this? You know this is your only chance to have your own child". Then when I called back a while later to ask about testing for me if we used a known donor he "assumed" that I would be coming in to them for medicated IUI's (despite them not diagnosing me with any fertility problems). When I explained that we had a known donor he basically went off on me, telling me that I was going to get STDs and AIDS.

I also don't think it's cool that they are RAISING their prices in this economy. To me the whole operation seems like yeah, they're very good at what they do in some ways. But they're all about making money, way above anything else. And how many people are they pushing on to donor egg, donor sperm, cancelled cycles or surrogacy just because it's more expensive and will increase their stats vs. giving you a fair shot at having and carrying a baby that's genetically yours?

The other thing that really bothered me is that I was being remote monitored by them (we traveled for our IVF and I think got a better standard of care for less money). When it came time for my beta I had to specifically have my doctor tell them to release the results to ME instead of playing phone tag with my doctor and making me get the results from his office. Then I had a very low beta (I think 3. something if I remember right) and my doctor was pretty much like "Well yeah, you're probably not pregnant. But it's not impossible. Don't get your hopes up at all but we can retest if you'd like". So I didn't get my hopes up, but if there was any chance at all I didn't want to stop taking the progesterone. We went to retest, being 99% sure it whouldn't have gone up at all. Then *against* my doctor's wishes, they refused to release the results to me!! I finally called around the time that they were supposed to call me (because the previous time they'd tried to fax my number twice, and never managed to call it at all, I had to call them.) When I did they said "Well this is a very rare case. You have to go through your doctor." "Yes, we will usually release results to the patient if the doctor orders it, but your case is extrodinary and we have a policy not to release results to the patient in cases like this". They basically got me *completely* worked up trying to imagine what kind of "extrodinary" case I could be off just a beta? I mean I told them when I went in was beyond a longshot for it to come back positive. I was completely prepared for that. So what other info could they have besides that it was negative? It took me a couple hours of phone tag to get the results from my doctors office. I just thought that was completely uncalled for. I guess they didn't want to be the bearers of bad news, so instead they decided to terrify me that something could be horribly wrong?

Anyway....lol. I'd love to know who else you are seeing! I've talked to several of the local midwives. We went in and talked to Jesica at Andaluz and she was great. She's been through KD sperm a bunch of times with clients, plus she conceived her son that way! She spent a long time talking with us, and did the gentlest pap I've ever had in my life. Usually I'm pretty sensitive but I told her "ok just tell me when you're swabbing" and she was like "Oh, um, I already am" lol...it was so gentle I didn't even realize it! I'm not positive yet if we'll end up using them for the birth once we get pregnant, but we're liking her pretty well for pre-conception.

I was going to OCOM (the accupuncture college) for accupucture for a while. But it's waaaaay across town for me and I started to get nervous because every time I asked about any points being dangerous during pregnancy they kept saying "Oh, it shouldn't harm a healthy baby!". Well duh, if healthy people are the only ones who deserve to go unharmed, why am I even going there and why does accupuncture exist? I thought it was to help people who weren't healthy! Of course I want the best for my child and would wish for them to be healthy, but I wouldn't love them any less or want to harm them if they weren't! So I really wasn't confident that they knew or cared to help implantation or early pregnancy. But I do really miss getting accupuncture. I don't know that I felt much difference over time, but the treatments felt incredible, I could really feel the clogged energy shifting around. And it was nice that they're so affordable.

In other news - I took my first Metformin last night, and no horrible side effects yet! And...I finally got a BBT! Our Walgreens did have one, for $10.49. It's in with the pregnancy tests and stuff, not with all the other thermometers. Maybe that's why they're difficult to find? It actually seems like a pretty nice one. Pink (my favorite color, lol), bigger with a larger display than my others, comes with a plastic case, and the battery is replacable! So I'll try to remember to temp from now on. Which may be difficult since I seem to pee 3 times a night most of the time, and I'm getting up around 5:45 to take the puppy out to pee lol. Besides which I'm thinking the progesterone and clomid might make the results pretty hard to interpret. But it's worth a shot!

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#245 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Bunny--Wow. Hearing your doc stories makes me so grateful we havent had to go that route. Even though my DP isn't OB/GYN, (She's family practice Nurse Practitioner), and SHE isn't super comfortable with her skills as far as these inseminations go, I sure am, and as I've told her, THATs what matters! It was so nice to walk across the street to our clinic, inseminate, and come back home to bed. I truly hope you can find someone who REALLY listens to your needs & concerns.

Wehrli-- for you today! How are you feeling? Any 2ww symptoms for us to obsess over? Your chart continues to look awesome!! I swear I need some of your patience this month...

MilletPuff-- Glad you chimed in! Good luck this cycle

Gelly--My DP had some reservations also, BUT since you dont have to buy any sticks AND (in our case) we are spending SO much on sperm & shipping, it makes sense to spend some money if it can make that BFP come more quickly, and your total number of cycles decrease. (however, I could rationalize the buying of ice to eskimos....SO)

Speaking of which, can I do a QOTD?
For those of you using donor sperm, what are the basic pricing options at your bank?

Mine= California Cryobank OPEN donor
IUI Premium- $645.00 per vial (about 0.6 ml)
ICI Premium- $535.00 per vial (an even 1.0 ml)

Anonymous Donor
IUI Premium- $535.00 per vial (about 0.6 ml)
ICI Premium- $425.00 per vial (an even 1.0 ml)

I have to say, that I have been SO extremely impressed with this bank. I realize there are most like better prices out there, but I have gotten such good, compassionate, friendly care at California Cryobank, and I am pleased that we went with this one.

Otherwise....still waiting. Still feeling odd, but it could very well just be nerves. Happy Friday yall!

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#246 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 11:20 AM

Ummm odd moment.

I have over 7,000 songs in my iTunes Library, and usually have it on random shuffle while Im sitting at my computer in the morning before work. This morning I was going to listen to *one* more song before I showered, and guess what came up? The audio interview from our donor that I purchased when we picked him two years ago. I haven't listened to it in probably a year and a half. Odd.

#247 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 01:06 PM

I haven't been able to keep up. Life is busy. I am backing up my next insem to September (we are broke LOL and in August I'm going to have 2 extra little girls half the month, which could just make things awkward trying to insem). DP is planning to start trying in October. I'm planning to try every 2nd or 3rd month, but if it doesn't work out this (3rd) try, I'll be switching donors, probably. DP is very attached to this donor, because he has more of her features, but I'll only try so many times with a donor who isn't working (I've never used the same donor 3 times, LOL, but I've always gotten pregnant on the first or second try with a donor).

I'm looking at doing at least 1 at-home IUI, I still have to look it up. Like, is timing the same? I remember reading that washed sperm doesn't live as long.

QOTD I'm using European Sperm Bank USA. They're out of Seattle They've been all kinds of friendly and helpful. For $50 you get unlimited access for 3 months to all their donors' long profiles, baby pics, and audio interviews if they have them (for some reason not all the guys have them up). Staff impressions are free on all of them.

ICI vial - 390
IUI vial - 490
Shipping 150

They're all Open Identity donors, it's important to me.

Locally, I could get annonymous sperm for 250 a vial ICI and save on shipping.

So yeah, I have a thermometer, and I'm not afraid to use it. DP and I are both starting up charting in August.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#248 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM

Oh Bunny, that's AWFUL. I'm so so sorry. I am seeing Dr Hesla and he's been very low intervention, for an RE. I actully want MORE testing and MORE intervention at this point because of the logistic difficulties of the sperm for us.

My acupuncturist is Lisa Tongel, by the Lloyd Center, and if I culd see her every day I would She's like a massage therapist, energy worker, psychotherapist, healer and spiritual guide, but also SUPER down to earth and get-it-done.

My midwife is Kori at Alma midwifery. I worked with her on the insems initially when we were doing frozen. She's awesome and I love her too - can't wait till she can deliver me a baby! I also loved Laura, the owner.

And my naturopath is Stephanie Kaplan at Anisha on Hawthorne. She's new (Lisa recommended her to me and I saw her for the first time a few days before I got my BFP, so I worked with her to get by betas) but good so far

Seraf, I heard several opinions on the matter, but the general sense I get is that IUI live for 12 - 16 hours, while reg frozen (ICI) live for 18 - 24 hours. So the timing is more important, but it's tight either way. We did at home IUIs and if we can find a way to get our donors sperm frozen/washed, we are totally going back to them. We prob aren't trying until Sept either so we can hold down the fort here Oh, and your sperm bank is the one that we would be storing the frozen sperm at probs! They were really helpful and didn't have the same quarentine requirements as other banks we talked to for a directed donor.

QOTD: well, we were using PRS and TSBC, which, coincidentally, were two of the most expensive but they were the only ones we could find that offered ID release AND info on numbers. But now? Um...

RT ticket to Iceland: $900 - $1500 (depending on the time of year), + time off work + food and other travel costs = the reason we are not trying as much as I'd like!

And, Wehrli, I think I was threadkeeper back then! In fact, I'm pretty sure I have the dubious distinction of being the longest-standing current poster on this thread, haha!

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#249 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 01:42 PM

fx for a good p4 number werhli! fx to everyone else waiting to o or in the tww!

qotd - we also used ccb. i have nothing but good things to say about them even with the $$$ for vials. they even managed to score us 6 vials of our retired donor through another client's reactivation and ds2 is a result of 2 of those vials.

today is dp and i's 7th anniversary (well, the anniversary of our first date. our ceremony anniversary is on dp's birthday so we don't celebrate it then).

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#250 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 02:59 PM

Just talking about banks, DS is 7, so 8 years ago (in June) he was conceived with 2 ID release, IUI vials (done ICI) that cost 180 each. ICI vials were 150 or 160. That was PRS. Man oh man how times have changed!

Back then I was 21, making 400 a month, and living with a family I nannied for. Asked if they had any income rules they said something like, If you can afford the sperm, you can afford the baby. Hahahaha. Now I feel old.

Seraf, thinking if the next round doesn't work, I may start investing my dollars into solar panels instead of conception, since DP is willing to carry (like she'd let me stop trying).

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#251 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Hey ladies~ Sorry I've been away so long, looks like everyone's still motoring on. AmandaH, I'm sorry about your BFN, but I'm excited about everyone in the TWW!!! Gumshoe, how you feeling? Your break in story is terrifying, for sure. It's been weird and scary here in our house, and I find myself booby trapping the doors and windows before we go to bed. I talked to my cousin's husband who's a cop here in town and he's making our case and the neighbor's invasion a 'special project' so I'm hopeful something might happen, and even if we don't get stuff back, at least they'll keep an eye on the neighborhood and maybe someday we'll sleep again

MillettPuff~ I love your name! And hope you get your wishes sooner rather than later.

Wehrli~ How's it feeling? Your chart still encouraging you?

AFM~ We went to the doc and I told him I was feeling very discouraged. He said kind, calming things, mentioned that we might try a trigger shot this next time, but maybe not since I'm very clearly still ovulating. We'll have have to see how it goes. I'm starting my femara again tomorrow and then it's just more of the same.

Hopefully our lives will calm down and I'll be more regular on the boards soon. Miss and love you ladies!!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#252 of 486 Old 07-16-2010, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

well, it's that time again... i will be out of town for the weekend so i will not be able to update the roll call until monday morning. please post all updates in bold! thanks!

library, may your bfp be just around the corner!

seraf, solar panels are tempting...

scarlett, i totally am with you about the track coming up... i say it's a sign!

bunny, re: temping... i get up multiple times/night. i just take my temp when the alarm goes off... i figure that if i get up every night then the inconsistance is consistant, ya know?! also, did you know that the walgreens BBT saves your temp? and one more thing, be careful when replacing that battery, i ripped the thingy out too far and broke the connection.

afm, idk about Sx... i have a heavy feeling in my lower belly, seem to have FU, and i'm more irritable... but nothing really out of the ordinary. oh, my kitten has been constantly swarming me... not totally out of character but she's usually a little more fickle. ps. she was the same way during my last TWW.

have a great weekend all!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#253 of 486 Old 07-17-2010, 12:42 AM

QOTD~ We use Midwest sperm bank...$200 a vial. We pick-up so there is no shipping fee. Joanne is amazing and we love her.

AFM~ I continue to have twinges now on both sides, but more on the left than right side. My temps continue to be kinda crazy, but we are monitoring my cervix. I'm kinda concerned that "O" will come much sooner this month...<sigh> not sure what to do except go with the flow.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

#254 of 486 Old 07-17-2010, 01:55 PM

gellybeangrl Good luck with the clomid and making lots of fantastic eggs!

Wherli Have a great weekend away and I think (if only I can wait) I'll do my first hpt 12 dpo which makes that July 21. I think that's the same day you have a beta scheduled? I'm sure you're going to get a BFP - look at your chart!

BunnyLullabye Hope the metformin works out for you! And that perhaps you'll have to get up less times in the night so that temping will work for you. Won't it be nice when the puppy's bladder grows a bit more and you'll be able to "sleep-in" till at least 6:30am?

MissScarlett Chart stalking again and it's lookin good! I'm pretty sure feeling weird is a good thing. Different, means bodily changes, and that could mean a BFP!

QOTD Holy crap! Sperm is so much cheaper in the US! Before we went with a known donor, we did check out sperm banks (and if the KD doesn't work out, we'll have to go down this road). One of the banks R.epromed just recently started to offer a home insemination program. It costs $1690 for the first attempt and $1240 for subsequent (our laws make it so that you can only ship to a doctor, and somehow this program gets around that). Or, you can just get standard sperm for $435 or pre-washed for $535 + shipping which is anywhere from $85 to $195 per tank.The other bank O.utreach Health Services is more expensive. Anywhere from $499 (unwashed, anon) to $699 (washed, open id) plus $75 to $200 for shipping.

AFM, the so-called-symptoms have settled down. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. It's like after Wednesday, something shifted in my body. No more serious indigestion, just heartburn (but not heartburn, it's a little lower) and burping. Queasiness, not nausea, but it's still totally hot here. A few dizziness spells. And, I was bone tired after work on Thursday, but I also had three proposals due on the same day and it was a trying two weeks to get 50+ pages written on very different projects. Tired, but not tired enough to keep me from working out in the garden today. Everything I'm feeling is realistically related to something else in my life.

It's 8 dpo for me, and I was so happy that Wifey took a vacation day so we could hang out yesterday. I roped her into hiking, which after we had to decide whether or not to continue on the trail only 500m in and we heard (but did not see) a bear, it was fantastic! I'm not a big fan of encountering bears in the woods and have developed quite an irrational fear about it this year. After the long hike, we jumped into the lake for a refreshing swim, followed by a stop at the local ice cream parlor. Yum!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#255 of 486 Old 07-17-2010, 07:53 PM

gumshoegirl007- That was a wonderful adoption story you told. I do see myself adopting in the future at some point and DP was adopted. I think we would make really great parents. Your story is inspiring, thank you.

painefaria- Welcome back! It is good to see you and hear you are back to TTC. I agree with your radio psychic, take it easy. Relaxation does wonders.

AmandaMom- This vacation is probably just what you need. Enjoy every second of it!

wehrli- FX for you!

milletpuff- Good to see you again! Trips to Iceland sound wonderful, but yes, expensive!

AFM- Tonight I will be taking my 5th and last dose of Femara. The side effects were mostly anger issues. I have felt short tempered the last few days and seem to argue with my DP every day. It’s sad and I hope it’s out of my system in a few days and things are back to normal. Last night I felt really bloated and some cramping in my ovaries. I think that was the magic happening.

QOTD- We are using CCB at $535 for each IUI vial.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#256 of 486 Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 PM

Hey ladies~

So sleepy! It's been a busy, crazy week. Today my brother got married and we spent the day celebrating and doing family things. Now DP and I are just slumped on the couch side by side with our laptops out, enjoying the air conditioning (it's 106 today!!!!!!!!) and just not wanting to do anything else all evening and possibly all weekend. I'll start my femara tonight and then we're off once again.

Gumshoe~ Sorry you have no symptoms, but may I say that 8 dpo is way too early to decide you're not pregnant. It seems like a million years until you test and anything can happen before then. Very exciting!!

Wehrli~ My fingers are crossed for you. I hope you have the best of all possible luck

I think I'm too sleepy and lethargic to write anything else. More tomorrow zzzzzzz

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#257 of 486 Old 07-18-2010, 11:03 AM

GumShoe--hehe Ive been stalking your chart too....LOOKING GOOD! How are you feeling this weekend? Don't give up yet! It's still early Especially if you have/had a late implantation....Is it just me or is the time draaaggggggging?

Library--STAY cool in the Oklahoma heat & humidity (yuck). I spent a good part of the day yesterday trying to explain to DP what a "Sooner" was. She kept thinking schooner... oh dear. Hoping things are starting to return to normal in your world.

Bunny-- SO glad you got some validation from your doc on the Metformin. I hope it does the trick right away! Did you ever decide on a puppy name?

Wehrli- I cant wait for you to get back and post your weekend temps!

Max--Aww no fun when it effects you that way. Sending you & your partner patience and hoping you feel better and that it's all worth it this month!

AFM-- Still feeling that odd twinge on the left side, but it has been there (but maybe a little higher) since right before O....so??? My temps are behaving for the most part, super high this morning...once again??? Last time my first symptoms were food aversions/cravings & enlarged sore BBs (but I have had that with a few BFN cycles now). Still super early and already worn out with waiting. We had a date night last night, dinner & a movie. Saw Inception with Leo DiCaprio, it was good, super long, but very interesting concept. Enjoy the last of your weekend!

#258 of 486 Old 07-18-2010, 01:21 PM

Hot again today~ it's only 11 a.m. and we're already swelteringly hot. Ugh! My temps have been crazy high simply because it's so hot at night. I hope none of this (nor the burglary stress) interferes with my ovulation!

Scarlett~ "What's a Sooner?" is one of the most complex questions, and one I've answered all over the world. The funniest part is when you DO explain and then the person says "So, they were criminals?" Yep, basically! I'm excited about your twinges! I hope this works for you. Maybe you guys can bring the bambino to the Softball next summer!

Took my first femara last night, will start peeing on things later this week. This is our last purchased vial, then we'll have to rustle up the bucks for some more (assuming this one doesn't work which, sadly, I assume).

Let's hear some more from our TWW ladies! Tell me exciting stories!

#259 of 486 Old 07-18-2010, 02:38 PM

gellybeangrl: Good luck with the clomid.

Wherli: Hope you're having a nice weekend away.

BunnyLullabye: Sounds like you're an excellent advocate for yourself. That really helps sometimes. I wish I were better at speaking up.

MissScarlett: I believe in signs - when I did my IUI TTC #1 I swear there was a piece of lint in my office shaped like a swimmer and when we were leaving the Dr.'s office there was a binky lying on the floor. It was a BFP so I like signs.

QOTD: I hope, hope, hope that we don't have to buy any more. We have 2 vials left from our donor. We purchased from CCB.

gumshoegirl007: I've thought about adopting, but my DP isn't sure she would want to do that for various reasons.

painefaria: Welcome back.

AmandaMom: Enjoy your vacation!

Max: It's no fun to argue - hopefully that side effect goes away. When you get your BFP it will be all worth it.
exciting!!

Wehrli: Wishing you luck.

Library: Stay cool! It's in the 100's here, but it's a dry heat.

AFM: Put me down for Waiting to O! We've decided to try one unmedicated cycle. Of course we might get cold feet, but that's the plan now. Looking at my charts for the last couple of months they are still a little weird, but getting more normal every month. I just worry that I'll get a positive OPK do the IUI and then not ovulate. I seem to be gearing up to O and then nothing and about a week later I really O. But if I don't try an unmedicated cycle I'll probably always wonder if I could have gotten pregnant without meds.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#260 of 486 Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

Solejean: How exciting that you are going to try this cycle!

LibraryLady: I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged about this cycle. I'm feeling very hopeful for you!

Miss Scarlett: Twinges and high temps sound good! And how interesting that you ended up listening to your donor interview!

MaxK: I'm sorry the Femara was messing with your moods--I hope that side effect is out of your system soon!

Gumshoegirl: It sounds like you have some promising symptoms!

Gellybeangrl: I think monitoring my cervix is SO useful in figuring out timing. I hope O comes exactly when you want it to!

Wehrli: I hope you're having a good weekend! I have everything crossed for you. It's exciting that your kitty is acting the same way she did during your last TWW!

Indigoscot: Happy anniversary!

Milletpuff: It sounds like you have some great fertility people you're working with. I'm envious!

Seraf: It's exciting that you and your DP will be trying at around the same time. Do you know the Finding Chaos blog? It (and their earlier blog) might be interesting to read...

Bunny: How is the Metformin going for you?

Painefaria: It's interesting to know that you got your period after your hcg got to 0. So maybe next I'll get my period (like you did), or maybe I'll ovulate (like Wehrli did). It will be interesting to see! I'm glad that you have a great family Dr who can talk with you.

AFM: I'm just waiting for something (anything!) to happen with my cycle...

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#261 of 486 Old 07-18-2010, 04:07 PM

Single, bi mama to two littles beginning to track cycles here! I have been stalking your thread for a while. I am planning to use donor sperm for my next two and I want them to be siblings. I have been praying and crossing my fingers for you ladies for a while now.
#262 of 486 Old 07-18-2010, 05:04 PM

Vannie~ Welcome! Good luck to you in trying to expand your family. You're brave to want so many kiddos at once!

AmandaM~ Just read an article in the Guardian about Molly Malone. You'll have to take a look at her statue too when you're in Dublin. It's less gay than the Oscar statue, but has much about it for a gay gal to enjoy

#263 of 486 Old 07-18-2010, 08:08 PM

Hi, friends!

Just checking in from week one of our three weeks of travel... so far, we've managed a 10ish hour roadtrip with three dogs, a few days with my mom, a shorter roadtrip to a friend's (lovely, queer) wedding, and a return roadtrip with a detour to see my father.

Still pregnant, as far as I can tell (no AF, at least). Feeling, tired, cranky, a little nauseous, and tentatively lucky.

Thinking of all of you a lot, and sending much love and many fertile vibes. I'm too far behind for personals, but know I'm rooting for you all!

xo,
Beastie

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#264 of 486 Old 07-18-2010, 11:29 PM

Hello ladies,

I'm kinda freaking out...I did the clomid this cycle from CD 5-9. On cd9 I had my dw check my cerix...and it was high and medium to the touch, then on cd10 she looked again and it was in the middle, softish and looking like it was beginning to open....on CD 10, are you kidding me?!? Well she checked it againg tonight and it is in the middle, semi-open and soft. WTheck?!? Oh...and I peed on several opk's today and they are all negtive...there is a slight 2nd line, but no smiley face or deep dark line. Would the clomid affect this? My temp has also been all over the place.

Anyway...I thought that you wouldn't "O" with the clomid until 5-9 days after you finshed taking it. I am soooo confused and frusterated. We are scheduled to pick up the swim team tomorrow....I guess we will go ahead with insem tomorrow...and hope that the opk's turn positive tomorrow...then hopefully everything will work out and be ok. I have never "o'ed" this early. <sigh>

#265 of 486 Old 07-19-2010, 12:20 AM

Gelly-- I dont mean to add to the confusion, but I had kinda the same thing this cycle. We felt like my cervix was ready day 10 or 11, but saliva, opk, etc said not till day 15, what I thought was fertile (cm, cervix position etc) on CD 11 was NOTHING compared to how fertile it all was on CD 15 (and I actually o'd between night 15 & night 16. Are OPKs normally accurate for you? GOOD LUCK & CLARITY TO YOU!!

#266 of 486 Old 07-19-2010, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

gelly (QOTD), we use MWSB too!!! $200/vial for washed (anon.) and $75 for shipping. we are using donor 345... i hope you have clarity about when to insem! i always feel the follies growing when i am on meds... i'd say i feel the sensation for maybe 10 days... good luck!!

007, i agree with the other ppl... it's too early to rule out being pg! however, i do know that i've done that to myself to "protect" my heart... doesn't always work though. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

max, dang those fertility drugs getting you all worked up! FX that this is the one and you don't have to take them again (or for at the very least, 9 months)

library, hang in there... you WILL get pregnant!

scarlett, i have those twinges too... i can feel the follie growing before i O and then it feels a bit different but i still get twinges in the same area after O. i personally feel like it must be the corpus luteum releasing progesterone!

solejean, good luck! may you get crystal clear O signs and then O right after your insem!!!

escher, thanks for the well wishes... i hope your cycle gets back on track soon!

vannienicole, welcome! thanks for cheering us on!! when do you plan on starting??

beastie, glad to hear everything is going well so far! enjoy your time away... it sounds fabulous already!

gelly, so sorry that clomid is making everything feel different for you... but if you relax, O will come exactly when it's meant to and you will have the swim team ready for when all of your signs start lining up! FX for that +opk!!

afm, nothing much, i guess... this TWW has been flying by for us! we already test on wednesday!! here is one funny Sx i had last night... i had been asleep for almost an hour when i awoke to what must have been a "vurp"! i don't really know, i don't remember what caused it but i had that vomit feeling and taste in my throat, gross i know... sorry. but then i had to sit up for over a half hour because i felt so yucky... i honestly thought i might loose the contents of my stomach. feeling good this morning though... ps. my temps were low when i was away this weekend but the air conditioning kept it at about 67 degrees in our booth so it was chilly.

#267 of 486 Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 PM

vannienicole Welcome! I'm pretty new here, too, but I'm sure you'll like it.

Gellybeangrl Hugs and sending positive vibes your way. Confusing ovulation signs and charting issues is absolutely no fun. Although, it seems like Miss Scarlet may be on to something.

Wehrli I am so jealous that your TWW is flying by. That much feel like such a relief. Test day is 48 hours away. The days are long and I can’t wait to go to bed each evening so I can take my temperature again in the morning. Hopefully the last two days before your beta will fly by as equally as fast!

Escher12 Something will happen soon for you. I’m certain. In the meantime, I suppose you’re becoming an excellent thumb twiddler?

Solejean Good luck on an unmedicated cycle and here’s to crossing my fingers that your body will cooperate with clear, consistent signs and a strong ovulation.

LibraryLady The heat is atrocious, although it broke here today. Yesterday I made a fresh pitcher of lemonade. I’m certain that it had something to do with the heat breaking

MaxK I’m so glad you enjoyed the abbreviated adoption story. It was, and still is, a really fantastic adventure. And, sorry to hear that you’re fighting with DP. The upside is that at least you have a bonafide hormonal reason?

AFM, I’m just waiting, waiting, waiting. From all of your comments, I’ve heard the first TWW is the worst. So far, I’m inclined to agree. I’m just waiting for something, anything, to happen. Today is 10 dpo.

On the “I’m becoming a hypochondriac” front, my boobs swelled over the weekend. They were huge and slightly tender. Wifey even commented as well as she thought that my shape around my belly looked different. I’ve been more tired than usual, but I’ve also been waking up more in the night. I just get so excited for 6:00 am to come so that I can take my temperature. Who knew a beeping thermometer could be so exciting? Well, I think it’s great and Wifey can’t wait for me to permanently put the damn thing away.

We should know something more definitive this week once I get to pee on something.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#268 of 486 Old 07-19-2010, 02:32 PM

Gelly~ UGH! What a stress! Waiting to O is the hardest part, I say, because you can miss and get it wrong and then you've wasted your drugs and worry etc. I hope it becomes clearer to you in the next days.

Wehrli~ Yay!! I can't wait to hear about Wednesday. Testing fun! I have everything crossed for you. I TOTALLY hear you about being excited to wake up and temp. It was like that for me last time, while it was seeming triphasic. I'm laughing about your DP and the beeping thermometer though. I have one of those~ it beeps ten times when it's ready. Fortunately my DP sleeps like a rock.

Scarlett~ How's it going? When will you test?

Gumshoe~ Lemonade sounds lovely! It's less hot here today than it was on Saturday, but it's still pretty wretched and has made my bbt really high. So odd. How are you feeling? When will you test? So much to look forward to!

AFM~ Nothing. Just hot and lazy. I got up early to mow the lawn, then stood under a freezing cold shower for 20 minutes just trying to cool down. We might go to the dollar movies this afternoon just to sit in their a/c. Third femara tonight, I'm going to start peeing on opks Wednesday just to be sure.

#269 of 486 Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Gumshoe- FX that those are all wonderful signs of pregnancy!

Wherli- FX for your signs, they sound very hopeful!

AFM-
Finally done with my Femara and the mood swings are gone, yay! My DP actually told me she things it was her mood swings! Who knows, I'm just glad we are back to normal. Thursday morning I go in for my U/S to see if we are ready to inseminate!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#270 of 486 Old 07-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Wehrli--I'm so jealous if your fast 2WW. This has been the worst one in the whole 2yrs of trying for me. FOREVER. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, YOUR CHART LOOKS GREAT. It's so cool to see it overlayed on your last BFP cycle. They are almost identical! Do you think the temp drop was the hotel room, or implantation? I can't wait for Wednesday for you!!

Gumshoe---I TOTALLY know what you mean! Every night I can't wait to go to sleep so the morning and temping will come quickly! It's killlllllling me! Your chart looks great too! Hopefully those temps stay high high high!

FiveG--Im six DPO, so we are really close I just *know* this is your cycle. Do you have a chart up anywhere that we can stalk? Ill be testing with you on Friday. (if we ever get there)

I'm cramping pretty good this morning, not like period cramps, but almost like a "catch". I think some of the things I'm feeling are progesterone related.....
I'm planning on testing on Friday which still seems like an eternity away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page