Queer Conceptions - August - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 406 Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm back finally. Amazingly we found an immediate care place with a SUPER nice and gentle doctor and they were able to squeeze me in for an ultrasound. Thank god for lidocane! I have a super bad external yeast infection, plus a ruptured hemoragic ovarian cyst.

She said I should be able to start trying again next cycle if I want and it shouldn't be any problems for my fertility. I'm wondering if it could be a red flag for PCOS though, or if I should worry about taking clomid in the future.

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#362 of 406 Old 08-27-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxK View Post
AFM- I feel fat and my temp has stayed up. Does anyone else think fertility drugs made them gain weight? It’s 9DPO and I tested today with a BFN. I’ll test again in 2 more days. I have a really busy day tomorrow so that should keep my mind off it.
I swear I gain 3-5 lbs on Clomid months when I'm trying hard not to...

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#363 of 406 Old 08-28-2010, 01:26 PM

I start clomid tomorrow - cd5. I'll let you know if I gain weight. Last cycle, we were on vacation during cd5-9, so I drank a little too much beer & wine probably. Does anyone know if drinking alcohol can be bad while taking clomid? I am going to not drink any this cycle. But....I feel like I gain weight regardless of clomid or not. LOL.

Max - fingers crossed. It's still a little early.

Escher - good luck with IUI today. Positive vibes.

Bunny - hang in there. I can't imagine the pain you're in.

Totally unrelated question, but how do you get those GREAT smiley faces, hearts, etc???

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#364 of 406 Old 08-28-2010, 01:31 PM

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

Max: I'm sorry about your bfn, but I know that you know that 9dp is too early (not that I won't be testing that early too!). I hope you have great news when you test tomorrow!

Bunny: I'm so glad that you were able to find a nice doc to see you, and that you figured out what is going on. I hope that you'll feel all better soon!

Chiquitayy, Gelly, and Painefaria: Your charts are all looking hopeful!

AFM: We did an IUI this morning! It felt SO good to finally be in the stage of actually trying again. We were both very ready to be done with the time off. We'll have to see what my temp and my cervix do tomorrow before we decide if we want to do a second IUI tomorrow morning. Only about 10 days until I can start testing...

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#365 of 406 Old 08-28-2010, 01:57 PM

escher12- Magic sticky dust for the insems

Bunny- Glad to hear you have a doctor that is helping you. Can you talk to your RE who gave you the prescription for Clomid? As far as I was told, the major concern or side effect with Clomid is that it can thin your uterine lining over time. That is why they limit the amount of cycles you can take it.

2ez- Do you see the smiley window to the right of your message box when you are typing? Select the 'More' link to see a new an expanded window of smileys.

AFM- Wishing everyone a great Saturday! I'm off to my godson's b-day, an art show, and a house warming. My DP wants to fit in a concert this evening, I don't think I'll make it that far.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#366 of 406 Old 08-28-2010, 04:22 PM

Woo-hoo! I was clicking on the wrong 'reply' button apparently. Now I see all kinds of . Yippee. Thanks.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#367 of 406 Old 08-28-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ezforyou View Post
I start clomid tomorrow - cd5. I'll let you know if I gain weight. Last cycle, we were on vacation during cd5-9, so I drank a little too much beer & wine probably. Does anyone know if drinking alcohol can be bad while taking clomid? I am going to not drink any this cycle. But....I feel like I gain weight regardless of clomid or not. LOL.
I took Clomid earlier this cycle while on vacation and I drank plenty. Oops. But I got home and cut it out a week before inseminating. Neither the RE nor the pharmacist said anything about avoiding alcohol with Clomid, so I think it probably doesn't matter much. It certainly doesn't stop it from working--it worked like a charm for me this cycle (3 follicles and now unusually high progesterone)--we'll see if it actually helped get the REAL job done in about a week.

Escher: Happy conception! I'm so happy for you that you are back in the game. Fingers crossed!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#368 of 406 Old 08-28-2010, 09:59 PM

Escher~ Yay for insems!!! AMANDA POWER and all fingers crossed xoxoxoxox

Max~ Thanks for the good wishes. I took all kindsa drugs and they never made me feel fat. Hopefully it's a good sign. Yay for high temps too, though a bfn at 9dpo means nothing. Don't worry about that a bit xo

AmandaH~ Yay for your numbers!! I hope it's all good from here on out. POWER to you too!!

Bunny~ Glad you got it all figured out. What a terrifying, painful scare! I hope it's not pcos, but yeah, I'd get that checked out.

No news here. My mom's still freaking out with excitement, which is kinda fun. She told my aunt and they are already bugging me about wanting to buy 'cute little dresses'. I told her it's way to early to know about anything like that. We had a nice breakfast and did a bit of shopping, interrupted only by my going to pee about 10,000 times. I swear, by April I'll be sleeping in the bathtub.

Luck and love to all my sistahs xooxx (This is still the best board)

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#369 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 AM

I ovulated. CD9. My first monitoring u/s was supposed to be Monday, CD 11, also when the sperm are coming.

#370 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 06:42 AM

Scarlett: I'm so sorry. What a total complete disappointment.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#371 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
I took Clomid earlier this cycle while on vacation and I drank plenty. Oops. But I got home and cut it out a week before inseminating. Neither the RE nor the pharmacist said anything about avoiding alcohol with Clomid, so I think it probably doesn't matter much. !
The month that DP got pregnant, she ended her clomid treatment on a weekend where we were at a friend's cabin... needless rto say there was plenty of enjoyement of the liquid kind during that weekend... so obviously it didnt hurt our chances

Actually, I know you should refrain from too much while TTC but once in a while is ok I think and its not the combination with clomid that is the problem...

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#372 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 11:30 AM

I've decided to refrain from all adult beverages for the next few weeks. Thanks for all the feedback. Today is my first day on clomid - cd5. I took it about a hour ago, hopefully, no side effects!!!

Scarlett - I am so sorry. Do you usally O that early? I am supposed to have a u/s on cd12. I usually don't O until cd16-18.

#373 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 12:02 PM

Bunny--can you please move me to waiting to know? Thanks!

We did a second IUI this morning. I'm not totally convinced by our timing this cycle, but it does feel good to have it be a possibility that maybe I might possibly be pregnant. I feel hopeful but also like I won't be shocked if we have to try again next month. We'll see!

#374 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 12:04 PM

Scarlett: I'm sorry, I know how bad that feels.

Escher: Yeah - Welcome to the TWW.

Max:

Library: That's so nice that you have your mom to share this with.

2ez: Good luck with the Clomid. I took it when TTC my DS and I didn't have too many side effects. Of course, my DP might disagree since she had to kick me out of the driver's seat and drive when I almost killed a guy for stealing my parking spot.

Bunny: So glad you found a good Dr. and some relief.

AmandaH: Glad your progesterone is good. After my IUI I asked my RE to order a test for progesterone and he said he would like to meet with me to discuss why that was not a helpful test. Last time when TTC my son the RE ordered it right away.

AFM: I've decided I'm pregnant until proven otherwise.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#375 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ezforyou View Post
Scarlett - I am so sorry. Do you usally O that early? I am supposed to have a u/s on cd12. I usually don't O until cd16-18.
Never. I'm usually a dad 15/16 kinda girl. I have *NO* idea what's going on. I can't believe it. 2 cycles in a row.

#376 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 12:29 PM

Scarlett s I'd be LIVID and so very disappointed. I've been there and know how deeply frustrating it is to miss O. And cd 9 is just so early--how could you have planned accordingly? Have you ever ovulated so early before? Brill talks about it--apparently some women to O very early, but it must make it hard to plan. So sorry.

Solejean I'll be interested to hear what your RE says about progesterone testing. And pregnant until proven otherwise sounds perfect!

2ez This was my first time on Clomid, but the only s/x I noticed were mild headaches for a few days and possibly less appetite than usual (?!) for a few days. Hope your experience of it is easy.

Bunny Hope you are feeling better now.

Escher Yay for the second insem!

AFM 6dpo. Nothing much to report, but I think I have even a bit more cramping today than I've had since the IUIs. I've had some mild cramping all the time since the insems. The NP says that this is normal (ie, not a pregnancy sign ). And it is possible that I've been more sleepy than usual...but not the must-sleep-this-instant exhaustion that I had during the first tri with DD.

When is everyone in the tww testing? It sounds like there should be lots of news around Labor Day. I'll probably test on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend at 12dpo. I'll be in Flordia with family for my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary (!). I'd probably share good news if there is any; and maybe all that family around will distract me from bad news, if that's what I get.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#377 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 01:08 PM

Scarlett~ WTF!?!?!?!? I'm so sorry! That's bizarre and so disappointing. Do you think you should ask a doc about this? Two months in a row seems weird, and like more than bad luck. Though it's also true that this last success cycle, I o'd on cd 10 which was weird. It was only my freakout paranoia that had me peeing on sticks that early.

Solejean~ I applaud this attitude of yours. Certainly such positivity counts for something. Fingers crossed!

Coco~ How's DP? I thought about you a lot last night.

Escher~ YAY!!! I think the timing uncertainty will prove to be nothing. I think you should adopt Solejean's attitude for the duration. FX xoxox

2ez~ Very wise of you. I wish every kid could have parents who prepare for them and want them as much as ours do/will

AmandaH~ I like your plan. I hope this is the best Labor Day ever, leading to another exciting labor day nine months from now oxoox

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#378 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 PM

AHope: Cramping and sleepy sound good to me, forget what the NP says

Scarlett: Suck. I'm so sorry...hopefully it'll all get figured out.

solejean: Pregnant until proven otherwise sounds like a good plan. I may adopt it as well.

escher: Sometimes timing is stupid

2ez: for no yucky side effects!

Library: I think bathtub sleeping could be quite comfy with the right bathtub

max: Hope your Saturday was fantastic...did you make it to the concert?

Bunny: Those sorts of things DO NOT sound fun. I'm sorry. But on the up side, at least they knew what it was and can fix it!

AFM: I just realized I'm still in Waiting to O, so Bunny, could you please move me to Waiting to Know? Thanks! 8DPO today...no temp dip or anything, no spotting. Nauseated yesterday and today, but there's no telling what that was about. I've been super tired and I'm still cramping and peeing constantly. But again, I feel like this is my first month trying all over again, and I had myself convinced that first time. Who knows? I'll probably test a week from today if AF hasn't shown--that would be 15DPO and my longest LP is 14. Until then, pregnant until proven otherwise. I'm sure my blastocyst will enjoy an evening with Tegan and Sara tomorrow night, because if it doesn't, I'll disown it prenatally.

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#379 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 03:30 PM

Chiquitayy: It sounds like you are having some great signs! I hope this is the month for you!

AmandaHope: Sleepy and crampy sound very hopeful!

Scarlett: Can you still get the ultrasound on Monday, just to see if they can see anything? I don't know if it would be worth it, but it seems like it would be nice for you to have more information on what's up.

Solejean: Pregnant until proven otherwise sounds like a great plan.

QOTD: What are your personal feelings about pregnancy testing? What dpo do you believe in starting to test? Do you believe in testing first thing in the morning or later in the day? Do you believe in testing once or more than once in a day? If you get a bfn, do you have a specific amount of time you like to wait until you test again? If you have a dp, do you want her or him around when you test? Does s/he have a role in the testing? Do you have any other things you specifically try to do when you are testing? I know everyone has different systems that work for them, and I'm curious what yours are!

My answer: I feel like pregnancy tests either give information (that I'm pregnant) or they don't give any information (that's what I've decided the blank line means, at least until 13 or 14 dpo), so I tend to prefer to start testing early even if it means a string of bfns when I don't know if they mean anything. Last time I tried, I got a bfp the evening of 10dpo, so this time I may test for the first time at 9dpo. I tend to test twice a day (morning and evening), and I plan to keep testing until 14dpo or I get AF, whichever comes first. My wife definitely wants to be around when I do a pregnancy test, and since last cycle she was the one who saw the first positive test (Her: I guess I better take a look at the stick. Me: What stick? Her: Well, it has a little bit of second line, but it is really light, so I don't know if it means anything. Me: Wait, what?), we're hoping to have her be the one who examines the sticks again this time. I don't think I have anything else I specifically try to do with testing.

#380 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 05:05 PM

hugs scarlett - question, how do you know you've ovulated w/o having had an u/s yet? maybe you haven't?

qotd - no hpts for us until the morning of or day of finding out blood test results.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#381 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 08:06 PM

QOTD I test with fmu, usually on the day I expect AF or, sometimes, the morning before. In the past this has meant 10 or 11dpo, but since the Clomid has upped my progesterone, this LP could be longer. So I'm planning (ahem) to wait until 12dpo. If I get a negative, I'll do another one the next morning, and so on. With my travel over the weekend and the clinic's schedule, I can't do a blood test until 16dpo, at which point I'll already know one way or the other, since I've never had an LP longer than 12 days. My DP is always asleep when I wake up and is not very into this whole process, anyway. So if I get a positive, I'll wake her up. She'll be great once the babe is tangible, but ttc and early pregnancy excitement will be mine alone. She was content with one kid, and it took four years of negotiation for her to agree to a second...reluctantly. I wish this was different, but I also respect her feelings. And she respects mine. (And the most important thing is that I get to have another one! ) I just hope it works....

Also I found this article that I thought other tww-ers might enjoy (despite the heterosexism and bad punctuation).
http://www.resolve.org/support-and-s...week-wait.html

#382 of 406 Old 08-29-2010, 11:30 PM

AmandaHope/Library--I've never O'd early, in fact, it's usually late. BUT the last two cycles were SO messed up with the Clomid. A 24 day cycle, and then quick ovulation. There were 18 days between my O days? WTH? It's gotta be something with the Clomid.

Escher-- Im definitely still going for the ultrasound. Hopefully there won't be anything too wild going on in there.

Indigot-- Two things, A) I got ovulation confirmation from my OvaCue vaginal wand, and I had a temp drop yesterday, and a big spike today to confirm it all. (and somewhere down deep I thought I might be ovulating yesterday, I had a little bit of cramping and distention that I was attributing to a bad belly)

QOTD-- It varies by cycle for me, depending on the *level* of anxiousness. I normally don't get too disappointed by negatives, since there could always be a positive on the other side of it. I got my BFP on 10 dpo last time, so that's usually kinda what I use as a first test day.

To top of my fabulous weekend our sewer system freaked out tonight and poop is spewing out of every drain in the house. yay.

#383 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 AM

AHope: how are you feeling this morning?

Scarlett: how crappy

escher:

2ez: I hope that you are feeling great and no nasty side effects

max: How are you doing this morning?

Bunny: I hope that you are feeling better

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquitayy View Post
I'm sure my blastocyst will enjoy an evening with Tegan and Sara tomorrow night, because if it doesn't, I'll disown it prenatally.
Well Chiq that made me laugh out loud (which really isn't a good thing because I am work). I do think that my DP would definately agree

AFM - I am holding strong. I have not succumbed to the urge to pee on things eventhough I am 11DPO. I am quite proud of myself. I would like to wait until Wednesday if possible... but we will see. I am so confused. Things are a little different from last month, but I don't know. I have been hiding from the boards because they really don't help with the peeing thing

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#384 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 11:25 AM

Painefaria Woo hoo! 11dpo! I'll look forward to your news on Wednesday, since you're trying to hold out. Just one more morning of not peeing on sticks, and then you'll be there. Exciting! Thanks for asking how I'm feeling. The answer is fine--nothing interesting. I'm starting to feel less optimistic about this cycle, but I always do at about 7dpo, which is where I'm at now.

Scarlett Wow--it really does sound the the Clomid is messing with your cycle. Now that you've had two cycles to see what happens, though, perhaps you could plan your next cycle differently (u/s on day 7?). I guess everyone reacts to Clomid differently. But if you've had early Os/short cycles twice, now, that seems to suggest that it makes you O really early. More s to you.

#385 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 12:19 PM

good luck to everyone getting ready to test!! i have fx for another round of bfps.

yesterday ds1 and i were looking at photos of my brother's wee girl and there was one of him and her on the beach. i asked ds1 who that was and he looked at my brother and said "mummy!". lmao. my brother and i do look a lot alike but still pretty funny. then i was trying to explain that he was uncle c and mummy's brother just like he has a brother and that mommy has 2 sisters. later i was reading him a book in bed - one that we picked up when dp was pregnant, it shows the baby in belly growing bigger and lots of interesting info..even says push, push, push at the end, lol. anyways, i asked ds1 if he would like another baby and he said "two sisters, tell mommy i want two sisters". lol. dp just gave me a funny look when i told her. ya gotta love kids.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#386 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 PM

QOTD: With my DS I tested 14DPO. I'm not sure how I held out that long. This time I'm trying to decide when to test. I was thinking maybe labor day since I will be home. That would be 11 DPO. My LP is between 10 and 12 days usually - one time it was 14 days. So... we'll see. My DP definitely will be there when I test. I dragged her out of bed for the test when TTC DS and I will this time too.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#387 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 PM

The tech said there were still some viable follicles!!!!!!!!!!!tree were some cysts too, but at least four follies! I'm waiting on the report to see how many/big, but I still may have a shot (bad pun) with the trigger. Of course the pharmacy ordered it last week, there was a mistake and it didn't come in. So now I'm calling every pharmacy in three states to see if I can get my paws on one. I'll keep you posted!

#388 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
The tech said there were still some viable follicles!!!!!!!!!!!tree were some cysts too, but at least four follies! I'm waiting on the report to see how many/big, but I still may have a shot (bad pun) with the trigger. Of course the pharmacy ordered it last week, there was a mistake and it didn't come in. So now I'm calling every pharmacy in three states to see if I can get my paws on one. I'll keep you posted!
Oh my gosh... I hope you can get what you need

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#389 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Ok two lead follies one at 13mm & one at 15mm. The pharmacy will have the trigger at 9am tomorrow. I found another pharmacy in town that has some on hand, but with the current follicle size I won't need it today anyway. SO now that I'm going by u/s, with these follicle sizes anyone want to make a suggestion on when I should trigger? I am SO relieved! My endometrial stripe looks good and on track to be sufficient by insem, but my uterus is anteverted.

#390 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 01:44 PM

Miss Scarlett- I am so sorry about the early cycle. I use Freedom Drug online for my Ovidrel. They overnight the shot to you, if you still want it. Keeping fingers crossed.

AFM- It's 12DPO and I tested BFN today. My temps are still high but I'm starting to lose faith in this cycle. I will continue to test a few more days then stop taking my progesterone if I still get the BFN.

QOTD- I am a tester. I usually test starting 9DPO, I skip a few days and try to stay busy but really I test more often than not. So far I have not had a BFP but I just have a feeling that my body would give me early signs. My DP doesn't like the fact that I test so early but we have had many discussions about my need to satisfy the curiosity. She just tries to support whatever I decide to do and doesn't ask unless I offer the information about testing.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page