Queer Conceptions - August - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Scarlett Fantastic! Brill talks about women who ovulate twice, often once very early in their cycles. Maybe you are one of those! It could mean two chances to conceive...if you can take the stress! I'm so glad that you have follies and an available trigger shot. My RE says that follies mature at 1-2mm/day, and mature is 20mm. I hate to say it, but if I were you, I'd try to get another u/s in a few days. Then you'll see how fast your follies mature and can make a good guess about when would be the right time. My RE also uses bloodwork (estrogen and LH) to pinpoint the right time to trigger. This is so difficult and complicated, I know...but at least you're still in!

Max Sorry to hear about your BFN. Damn. I'm hoping that it is still too early, but I can understand starting to feel discouraged.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#392 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 06:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

Max: I'm sorry about the bfn, and I hope you get a more interesting result soon!

Scarlett: I'm so happy that you're still in for this cycle! Hooray!

Indigo: Two sisters! Sounds pretty good to me! Are you up for having two more babes?

Painefaria: I'm impressed by your ability to not test yet. I hope you get great results when you do test!

AmandaHope: Those are good suggestions for surviving the TWW. Thanks for sharing them!

AFM: I got a temp rise this morning, which was nice since I hadn't been sure of my timing (and yes, I see that FF is currently saying I ovulated earlier than I really think I did, but I've checked and FF is going to change its mind once I have a few more temps in ). So I'm definitely officially waiting now! I'll start my pinapple today and my prometrium tomorrow.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#393 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 06:34 PM

I was thinking about another u/s Wednesday morning? That would be cd 13....

Escher-- that's GREAT!!!! start thinking sticky thoughts!!

Max-- fingers crossed it's a late sticker and your bfp is coming!

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#394 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 06:57 PM

escher, yay for your temp rise! lol, we plan on trying for baby #3 around may or june of next year and since dp does take clomid there is always the possibility of multiples. it would be somewhat hilarious if ds1 was right. we'll take 2 more babes if that's what the universe has in store for us.

scarlett, yay for follicles! i agree with having another u/s in a couple days to see what's going on before you trigger.

max, hang in there, it's still early days yet.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#395 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 08:30 PM

Hey ladies~ Getting so close to some bfps, I just know it!!

AmandaH, Painefaria~ this means you! I'm ready to cheer come Wednesday morning!

Max, I wouldn't worry about it at all. 12 dpo is still really early. Anything could happen!

Escher~ Hooray for pineapple! Yummy and useful! If I weren't so queasy, I'd have some right now!

Scarlett~ Sounds like you're having the craziest cycle ever. I'm glad you've got more follicles, though. Maybe this is a double-o cycle and this is just the chance you need. Plus you've surely earned some good karma with your plumbing nightmare, eh?

Indigo~ I think its twins for you for sure, next time!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#396 of 406 Old 08-30-2010, 11:28 PM

Scarlett: Yeah for follies! Sorry about the plumbing nightmare...

Max: When I tested the first time around I got a very faint BFP 14 DPO. So I'm still sending you

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#397 of 406 Old 08-31-2010, 09:45 AM

Well ladies I am out for this month. AF showed up right on time, which is actually better than one day late from last month. I am truly impressed with myself because I never tested . Here's to next month...

Is someone taking the threadkeeper duties for September? I was thinking that maybe I need the

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#398 of 406 Old 08-31-2010, 01:21 PM

Painefaria s I'm sorry. Darn AF. At least you didn't have to see a negative test or wait an extra day before finding out. Here's hoping your new cycle is the one...

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#399 of 406 Old 08-31-2010, 01:46 PM

Go Scarlett go!

Hang in there Max

I need a little help here ladies. This is my first cycle doing an u/s to check follies. Any advice when to have this done? My doc says cd 12. I usually O between cd16-18. Will cd12 be too soon? What's the earliest it should be done. Today is cd7 and day 3 of clomid. So side effects!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#400 of 406 Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ezforyou View Post
Go Scarlett go!

Hang in there Max

I need a little help here ladies. This is my first cycle doing an u/s to check follies. Any advice when to have this done? My doc says cd 12. I usually O between cd16-18. Will cd12 be too soon? What's the earliest it should be done. Today is cd7 and day 3 of clomid. So side effects!
Is there a financial restriction here? If not, cd12 is good (I did cd11 until going on Clomid, and now do cd10), but I've recently been ovulating closer to day 14 or 15. You'll usually need two in order to see how fast the follies are growing (since everyone is a bit different that way). So one on cd12 and, depending on the follie size, another on cd14 would probably be ideal, based on my understanding. If you are trying to do only one u/s, it might make sense to go a bit later than cd12, especially if you're not planning to use an hcg trigger (in which case you'd want 36 hours notice before inseminating). Does this make sense? I still marvel at how complicated all of this is.

#401 of 406 Old 08-31-2010, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Is there anyone else I still need to move?

Painefaria it would be great if you'd take over September duties. I'll PM you the cut and paste of this month's. Hopefully you'll get Wehrli's luck and not mine.

Scarlett that is incredible news! I'm so excited for you! I thought I read here that sometimes the follicles will go on to produce progesterone which will prevent the others from ovulating more, but it sounds like that's not the case here? It's great news that your endometrial lining looks so good, especially even having the stripe! I've heard that the stripe isn't necessary but I think a lot of doctors think it greatly improves chances.

AFM - the yeast seems to be a tiny tiny bit better today. My ovary is about the same or worse. I'm feeling frustrated that they didn't give me more info, and I'm wondering when I should have a follow up. I'm not even sure what kind of doctor I should try to go to. I'm wondering if I could be seen by an R.E. for it and still have insurance cover it. It seems to me something like this might be beyond the true expertise of most OBGYNs. Also it looks like we're going to be taking September off also, which I'm pretty upset about.

QOTD - I test starting around 10 or 11DPO. I prefer to start testing early so I still have the hope of it turning BFP, and it's an easier let down if it doesn't. I usually use pretty cheap tests so it's not like we're going broke on it.

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#402 of 406 Old 08-31-2010, 05:42 PM

Bunny: Could you move me to waiting to know - the TWW. Thank you!

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#403 of 406 Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM

It's 13DPO and I got another BFN and starting spotting a little. It's not the full AF but I'm pretty sure it's inevitable. I've decided to stop taking the progesterone. DP and I have also decided we are throwing in the towel on DIY IUI's and going to the Dr office next month.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#404 of 406 Old 08-31-2010, 10:40 PM

Library has had the longest 2WW in history!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#405 of 406 Old 09-01-2010, 09:57 AM

Morning all~

Burg--- Heheheee lets make bets. I bet EVERYTHING Library gets a BFP...

Max--Ugh. So sorry s MAYBE just MAYBE those are implantation spots/cramps? You know me, it's not over till the mean ole AF sings a full on opera, and even then there are those weird "I swear I had my period for my WHOLE pregnancy and I didnt know I was pregnant and I had my baby in the toilet" stories.... As much as I wanted to do it myself, and even though DP is a nurse practitioner, I'm thinking I may have to break down and go to the doc too, if for nothing more than some peace of mind...

Bunny--I've read that too, but Im *hoping* that since I'm planning on triggering that will kick those eggs right out of there Who the heck knows at this point. This has been the WEIRDEST cycle ever. I really think that you should go ahead and go to a full on OB/GYN. Coming from a family practice background, it's going to be hard to find a regular doc that has the time/energy/ and patience to deal with your regular "female" problems PLUS the infertility. I think you will get a faster and more accurate diagnosis from an OB. Just my :twocents

2Ez--I completely agree with Amanda. This was my first cycle also, and it has been the craziest cycle in history, so Im not sure what a good example I'd be BUT I did my first on CD 11 (Monday), the lead follicles were 13 & 15mm so I have my next one this morning CD13 (Wednesday). I think it would be almost impossible to correctly time an IUI off of only one ultrasound and UNLESS you wait long enough, get lucky, and happen to hit the nail right on the head with one u/s of mature but not yet ovulated eggies. Once again my :twocents

Painferia-- SO sorry hon. Hoping you can relax for a few days before the TTC fury hits again. Glad you'll get the threadkeeper dust for September

Solejean/Indigot--Second u/s this morning, thanks for chiming in! I don't feel super clear headed now, and it's so nice to have yall to think for me sometimes

Escher--WOOTHOOT! Eat that pineapple!

OK AFM-- Me= (once again)
This cycle is KILLING me. My Ovacue is totally tripping out. I got ovulation confirmation AGAIN last night (it was a super dark purple color, which I've never seen yet on the monitor...). I think the Clomid must goof my hormones up so much that it can't make heads or tails. My temp is still relatively low (compared to other cycles) so I think I'm still okay, but that didn't keep me from being a wreck all night. I go for my second u/s in an hour, so Im just hoping/praying/wishing that the eggs are still in there, and growing like weeds. AND that this u/s gives me a definite trigger time period. (My therapist always used to say "When setting ones intentions one must be *VERY* specific..." SO there ya go, those are my intentions. Ill keep yall posted.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#406 of 406 Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 PM

Amanda - thanks! We have SOME that insurance pays for, but most is out of our pocket. On the u/s, I think we have to pay $300, which I don't mind if it's going to help. My doctor hasn't mentioned a trigger shot, so I doubt I'll be having one.

Scarlett - I am with you on the crazy cycles and the clomid doing weird things, but I think I am adjusting well.

The called my doc this morning. She initially wanted to do an u/s on cd12, but that will be this Sunday. Since Monday is a holiday, I am guessing she'll want to do it Tuesday - cd14, which SHOULD be fine. I have been O'ing cd16-18. Anyway, today is doc's surgery day, so I hope to have a call tomorrow about when she wants to do it.

In talking with my nurse this morning, I found out that they did want me on 100mg of clomid this month. After last month's IUI, my doc wanted to increase me to 100mg, but when I picked up the prescritpion, it was onnly 50mg of clomid, cd5-9. I assumed that the doc changed her mind and didn't question it. Today, in talking to the nurse, it WAS supposed to be 100mg and the pharmacy screwed it up. Maybe it was meant to be, and the 50mg will do the trick. Oh well!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page