Queer Conceptions - August - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Max, that parade is truly a work of art. As for estrogen patches, eek. I know we do what it takes, but I feel for you (and your partner!) to be loaded up so with estrogen, progesterone (at least it's not the itchy kind) femara/clomid/whatever. I hope this works quickly and then you can put that part behind you.

Carmen~ Thanks a lot! I'd be interested to hear your home birth experience. I've started to concern my DP by expressing an interest in home birth. I need some more positive evidence to belay her skepticism.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#122 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Not much time for personals sorry but just wanted to check in

Max that's great your doctor is being pro-active about trying new things. I just wanted to let you know you may want to see if there's another form of Estrogen you could take. I was on the patches with my first IVF and they itched so bad I wanted to claw all the way through to my organs. It was so bad that the second time I actually requested the shots!

Library you may want to poke around the birth forums here. I think there may also be some helpful info if you google waterbirth international. I'd be terrified of a hospital birth. I think they are a much more dangerous option than homebirth for a normal healthy birth. I would never go to one unless I knew there was some pressing medical reason.

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#123 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 04:18 PM

Totally unrelated, but does anyone know how long clomid can stay in your system? I took 50mg on cd 5-9, and had no side effects. (I did have a slight headache on cd 5.) Today is the second day I've had a terrible headache and have been very irritated at everyone. My poor DS probably thinks mommy is just mean today. LOL. Every little thing is making me crazed! Anyway, I am only 4 dpo, and wondered if maybe the clomid could still be in my system and causing me to feel this way.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#124 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

I think it's possible. I know it's stimulating your ovaries and it takes a while for the eggs to grow even after you stop the clomid. I don't really get headaches or too much irritability so I can't say from personal experience, but I think I remember hearing other people mention feeling that way. Also, sorry you're so miserable

#125 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 05:24 PM

2ez - it affected my dp's entire cycle.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#126 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 05:36 PM

Hooray to LibraryLady and 2happymamas! That's such exciting news!

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#127 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 07:03 PM

I've deliberately been keeping away in an effort not to make myself crazy but with the arrival of my period last night, I'm feeling just as crazy and demoralized as all those other bFNs when ttc DS. And I don't have a tribe because I stayed away

I'm not sure if we will try this month or next. Our KD and his partner are about to become parents themselves and I don't want to intrude on the birth and babymoon period.

Congrats to you Library...
And super wow and congrats to 2happymamas! Aren't you clever?!!! How long did it take with DD? I can't recall.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#128 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 08:27 PM

MujerMamaMismo: I'm sorry. BFNs are such a disappointment. How long did it take you to get pregnant with your DS?

Max: I'm glad that your RE had some ideas, and I hope that the changes are exactly what you need. How are you feeling about it right now?

Painefaria: I hear you about wanting to get pregnant, but wanting even more to have a healthy sticky baby. Hopefully it will happen soon!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#129 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 09:06 PM

MMM~ I'm so sorry. That's a disappointment like no other. And you do have a tribe, because you have us xo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#130 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 09:16 PM

MujerMamaMismo- to you! That icky AF! I know it hurts but try to keep your head up!

Library- Look here for some home-birth stories, I read all six yesterday: http://www.ihomebirth.com/birth_stories.html

2ez- My Dr says Clomid stays in your system longer but do not know from personal experience.

I'm feeling positive about trying new things and I feel inspired by the BFP's here! Please move me to Waiting to O!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#131 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 10:10 PM

Max~ Thanks for the link, I'll check them out then approach DP (slowly and carefully). And I'm so glad you're feeling inspired and positive. BEST OF LUCK!!!

2ez~ My RE also put me on femara because it stays in the body a shorter time than clomid. I'm sure you could do other research, but I very much believe and trust this man.

#132 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 10:56 PM

Thanks ladies for the input on clomid. I am rarely in a bad mood, but am sooooo irritated today. I feel bad for DS and DP. Odd that I am having these feelings on the backside of the clomid.

Hang in there MujeroMama.

Good luck Max.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#133 of 406 Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Carmen~ Thanks a lot! I'd be interested to hear your home birth experience. I've started to concern my DP by expressing an interest in home birth. I need some more positive evidence to belay her skepticism.
Sorry, I think you missed my response awhile back - this is such a busy thread!

I had an amazing birth. Everything I wanted and it was just such an incredible experience - I feel so fortunate that I got to experience it as I did. The only thing I didn't get was a water birth because our hot water tank ran out of hot water when filling the pool!! Oh well. I had a quick labour, pushed for 3 hours, no complications, 2 midwives, 2 doulas (we only hired one but ended up with 2 due to scheduling) and my DP attended. I would definitely do it again. I felt very safe the whole time. I think having a doula helped with that as she was there for most of my labour and DP and I felt more secure that everything was going as it should be. The midwife didn't show up until a bit later and then the second showed up when I started pushing. I had an uncomplicated pregnancy and was 39 when I gave birth.

We live very close to the women's and children's hospital in our city so I knew if anything started to be of concern my midwives would transfer me immediately. The #1 reason for transfer to hospital from home birth is actually pain relief. As your midwife will probably tell you, if any problems come up they can normally detect them well in advance and will transfer you before things become dangerous. And, our midwives made it very clear that if at anytime we felt even slightly uncomfortable, we would transfer immediately too.

Good luck on making your decision! You have 9 months to think about it We decided fairly early on in the pregnancy - I think about 3 months or so.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#134 of 406 Old 08-08-2010, 02:15 AM

hi guys this is gonna be quick...

so far so good on the not ovulating while Im out of town for this funeral. swimmers came today (our FedEx guy is so nice) I leave first thing in the morning, and return Monday evening. Please cross everything that my egg holds off a couple more days.

Ill check in from my phone when I can, HAppy Weekend!

xoxo
Kristen

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#135 of 406 Old 08-08-2010, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter

MMM I'm really sorry you're feeling so down about the BFN. But we are all here for you, even if you take a break from the thread! Do you want me to move you to waiting to O, taking a break, or somewhere else?

And I'm right there with you. 15 DPO and the test was BFN. I have mixed feelings about it. I'm upset that I'm not pregnant, but I'm really excited about our potential new donor. But I'm stressed out because I haven't been able to get ahold of him. He can be a little bit of a flake sometimes so I'm worried about him being reliable enough to make the commitment. But I'll make sure of that before we go forward with him. I'm just really impatient to know if I need to make plans with him or the current donor.

#136 of 406 Old 08-08-2010, 01:31 PM

Carmen~ thanks for the input. I do appreciate it. It sounds like your experience was ideal. I'm sure since I'm so old they'll try and convince/force me to have a hospital birth. We'll just have to see...

Scarlett~ Very glad you're managing to hold that egg off 'til you get home! Best of luck!

Bunny~ Sorry about the BFN, it's so hard to see. Good luck with this new donor.

AFM~ Stopped temping today, and finally got to use one of those digital tests I'd been hoarding. I guess it's time for me to move to another board, but I love you gals so much....

#137 of 406 Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 PM

Alright, I'm dipping back into this board after the WIERDEST cycle ever. Never got a positive OPK, cervix was HSO just over a week ago, temps were super erratic and down closer to the coverline since jumping up last Saturday (FF says I O'd on CD34), and AF arrived today, about five days earlier than expected. I suspect I had a really late and weak ovulation, which prompted a record-short (for me) 8 day luteal phase.

Moving on! Our swimmers are in local storage, and we're so ready for a fantastic cycle. Summer weather has finally arrived in PDX after a loooong bout of cold and grey weather, and we're doing all we can to enjoy it!

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#138 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 12:20 AM

don't have time for personals but i just got back from my weekend away and had to come say

CONGRATS to LIBRARY AND 2MAMAS!!!

:j umpers:shamr ock

library.... i [also] just knew this was your cycle!!! so happy for you!!

2mamas, way to go on your first cycle back!!!

i'm soo soo happy you both get to join my DDC... can't wait for some other queers to show up there!!!

library, btw... the documentary "The Business of Being Born" is really good in the favor of home birth. I'd really really recomend it! i don't know if you use netflix but if you do it's even available to watch instantly!

have a good night all...

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#139 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 09:44 AM

Library-- We will miss you! You have to check back in here and there to keep up with everything and keep us posted!

MMM & Bunny-- So sorry for your disappointments, hoping you can begin to look forward to this next cycle.
2Ez-- Clomid makes me all *kinds* of cranky all cycle long. I also always gain about 5 pounds when I'm trying hard not to. Hoping it pays off for you!!

Max & Amy PDX-- Here's to your new cycle and a happy ending!

AFM-- I think I'm in the clear! Woohoo for my body cooperating! Depending on what my lh does today, I think we will insem tonight, tomorrow morning, and tomorrow night. I'm so much more chilled about this cycle and it feels soooo nice! Ready to make that baby! Today will be long with the funeral and flying again, but I'm glad I came.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#140 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Congratulations Library and 2momma's!!!!

Bunny~ Please move me to waiting to O

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#141 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 PM

Library- No one can force you to have your baby in the hospital. My plan is to find a midwife soon after becoming pregnant and work exclusively with them. I only plan to go to the hospital if there is a complication. (My sister's baby was breech and she had to have a c-section) Stay positive and remember, you are strong!

AmyPDX- Welcome back, good to see you again. I hope this is your cycle!

Miss Scarlett- on the upcoming insems!

AFM- CD3 Geez, it was just the other day I was feeling so down about my BFN. Now I feel there is no time to sulk about the last cycle because this one is raring to go! I'm going in for my u/s today. The RE just likes to make sure there are no cysts or anything hanging out from last cycle. If all looks good I will start my Clomid today. Feeling good. This will by my second cycle on meds and my sixth cycle with legit sperm from the bank.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#142 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

Max: I hope the ultrasound went well! I think 2 and 6 are both lucky numbers. Hopefully this is the cycle for you!

Gelly: I'm sorry. Your body must want to make a May baby for you.

Scarlett/Kristen: I'm so glad that it looks like your timing will work out! Swim, spermies, swim!

Wehrli: How are you feeling?

Amy: I'm sorry that AF arrived, and that you had a weird cycle. Hopefully this next one is clear and perfect!

Library/Amanda: It's exciting that you're over at Q&P, but do keep in touch over here too!

Bunny: How are you doing?

2ezforyou: I hope you feel less irritated soon!

AFM: I would love some advice. My question is if I should stay with my current RE or try to switch to someone else.

My RE, Dr. R, is part of a local fertility clinic. Dr. R is competent, knowledgeable, and friendly enough, but she doesn't volunteer much information unless I ask and she doesn't really seem to care if I get and stay pregnant or not--she was completely unsympathetic when I had my miscarriage.

The real challenge for us is that her office staff are not friendly. The nurses and administrators often seem angry if we ask questions or don't immediately do what they say. They don't seem to coordinate information at all, so if one person I have talked to is out of the office the other nurses and administrators don't have any idea of what we had discussed. My wife has overheard the staff making rude comments about other patients when she has been in the waiting room. They have been actively unhelpful with dealing with my insurance. I feel like they may be making things extra difficult for us because we are gay. Dealing with the staff is almost always a stressful experience, which obviously isn't ideal right around ovulation.

However, I don't feel like there are any obviously better options. There are no midwives in my area that do IUIs. The other major fertility clinic in the area is known for having totally inflexible policies and not allowing much individual choice. I don't know of any other doctors in the area who do IUIs.

What do you all think? Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#143 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Does anyone have any postive stories about low hcg? I had my beta today (14DPIUI) and my hvg is only 43. Progesterone is really good at 42, but the nurse was not optimistic. Another beta on Wednesday to check doubling time.... I really, really, really do not want to go through this again.
#144 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Does anyone have any postive stories about low hcg? I had my beta today (14DPIUI) and my hvg is only 43. Progesterone is really good at 42, but the nurse was not optimistic. Another beta on Wednesday to check doubling time.... I really, really, really do not want to go through this again.
hugs mama.

i'm holding our 38 hcg at 14dpo in my arms right now! sending sticky thoughts your way.

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#145 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happymamas View Post
Hey girl... Sorry you are going through something stressful like that. I read that "average" is between 50 and 100 so you are not far behind so of course you have a chance of it working out. It really does depend on the second beta. It could be a late implanter ? Does your chart show any hint as of when implantation happened ?

We are behind you !

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#146 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Hey girl... Sorry you are going through something stressful like that. I read that "average" is between 50 and 100 so you are not far behind so of course you have a chance of it working out. It really does depend on the second beta. It could be a late implanter ? Does your chart show any hint as of when implantation happened ?

We are behind you !

Coco
xx
I have not been charting and do not have any idea about when implantation could have occured. I, too, am hoping for a late implanter! These next two days are going to be pretty stressful. I congnitively know all hope is not gone, but it feels pretty sad and I can't stop crying. I knew I should have had my bloodwork checked to see if my thyroid meds were appropriate. I think I need to take more for the hypothyroid and low thyroid can lead to miscarriage. I was supposed to get it checked a couple months ago, but got busy and never had it done.
#147 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 03:11 PM

2happymamas - i'm sorry the nurse was such a negative nelly over your beta result. as long as your # doubles appropriately everything should be fine. when do you have your next blood draw? lots and lots of positive sticky energy headed your way!!

edited to add: my dp is also hypothyroid. call your endo and have them up your dosage! my dp's synthroid went from 75mg pre-pregnancy to 125mg after her bfp. is it possible you can have your tsh tested really quickly?

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#148 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 03:31 PM

2happymamas: I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I have everything crossed for you, and I think you have an excellent chance of good news in a few days. But I know right now it must feel horrible.

I have no idea if this will be interesting to you, but here is someone who had an initial beta of 14 and went on to have a healthy baby.

I have everything crossed for you!

#149 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM

2happymamas- My first beta was 41.2 at 15dpo (or 14?). The nurse was also very pessimistic and I was freaked out. My second way in the 200s two days later, it is really the doubling time that is important. Try not to stress! Try your best to stay calm, it is the best thing for that little one. I am sending lots of wishes for a sticky bean your way!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#150 of 406 Old 08-09-2010, 05:28 PM

Hi all,

Just popping in after a semi-long absence (we were away from home for almost a month: too long!), to say hello, and to congratulate Library and 2happymamas!

and to you both. I don't know anything about beta counts, 2happymamas, but I'm hoping for sticky babies and easy pregnancies all around!

As for the rest of the Queer Conceptions team, I've been lurking a bit and am rooting for you all. I'm too behind for personals, but I'm thinking of everyone and sending fertile vibes!

AFM: This morning, on our first full day home, we went for an 8 week checkup and ultrasound. I had been having paranoid fantasies that I was imagining being pregnant, and was relieved to see that there's a fetus in there. I have a higher level ultrasound next week to check for neural tube defects (since that's what happened with my last pregnancy), and I hope to feel more confident after that. Still, since all evidence shows that I'm knocked up, I'm going to cautiously join Q&P. I hope to see ALL of you there soon.

xoxo,
Beastie.

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page