Clomid and EWCM - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-02-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This was my first cycle using Clomid (or any fertility drug). I usually O late each month, typically around day 18-20. This month, I got a positive POK this morning - CD14. I tested six strips, so I am guessing it's correct. LOL. Anyway, I've noticed my CM isn't as "wet" as it usually is. This month it seems to be a bit thicker than usual. The Clomid is the only difference this month that makes me think it could be causing it to be this way. has anyone else experienced something similar? I am probably just stressing out, trying to notice any little evidence.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-02-2010, 09:45 PM

Clomid is notorious for drying up CM unfortunately. A few things you can do to help are drink tons of water, take evening primerose oil (only from AF-O) and take mucinex or another expectorant (just the expectorant, not any other ingredients, especially not decongestants or anything since they can further dry you out).

Alternately you may want to try talking to your doctor about switching to Femara. It is said to produce better quality of eggs without the side effects.

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#3 of 5 Old 08-02-2010, 09:54 PM

i took clomid for a total of 7 cycles... every cycle i had less and less CM. this cycle i used it and i don't really feel like i had any at all! but with an IUI i didn't really "need" it, i had the HCG trigger shot so i didn't have to time by Sx of my body. i say if you got a +opk, that's all you need for timing if you are doing an IUI (and if i remember correctly from the queer ttc thread, you are ) good luck with that insem!!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#4 of 5 Old 08-02-2010, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input ladies. The IUI is tomorrow morning at 9! I hope we sleep tonight. (Crazy how excited you can get simply by the thought of it all.)

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#5 of 5 Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 AM

Good luck tomorrow! I got pregnant on the first clomid cycle and I agree that it dried me up too--but, like wehrli said, with an IUI you don't need it. I too went through 6-8 opk's a day leading up to O that cycle! I hope it works for you too!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page