CA legal question - Mothering Forums

Thread Tools
#1 of 2 Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter
Mama_RJ's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a domestic partnership in California in 2003. My now ex-partner and I both live in Washington and share custody of our daughter. I'm in a new relationship, and would like to dissolve the domestic partnership. However, I'm afraid that once I make a move legally, the ex might try to take our daughter back to CA.

Two questions...
1. How can I prevent her from up and leaving with our kid?
2. What is the process to dissolve a DP? It appears that I essentially have to file for divorce in the state of CA (not in WA where we now are). Is that correct? Can anything be done from here?

Thanks in advance!

Mama to DS(4) DS(2) and Kitty(16)
Mama_RJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
#2 of 2 Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Coco99's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definitely see a lawyer.....

Good luck !


Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !



Coco99 is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 15,419

20 members and 15,399 guests
bananabee , BirthFree , Dakotacakes , Deborah , emmy526 , girlspn , healthy momma , Hopeful2017 , judybean , katelove , Lydia08 , mkat , moominmamma , NaturallyKait , philomom , rightkindofme , RollerCoasterMama , zebra15
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.