2WW fail & EPT result question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we did our first attempt at insemination this month & we're really impatient so we haven't even made it to our full 2ww yet, but we tested tonight & got a weird result... We took an EPT test with the +/- outcome and the control line came up and the horizontal line came up right away & then like 5 tiny blue dots came up above the horizontal line where the top positive line would be... none beneath... Calm my nerves... was this just a faulty test, or could we have just tested too early & got a slight positive?

Momma to my pants pullin down, potty learnin, "Beeeeeg Boy" who now knows his, phonetically difficult for a toddler, name! Plus 2 dogs, 35 rats, & 5 or so bunnies
#2 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 PM

Just followed this from the front page...there are many posts about the faultiness of blue dye tests and I figure yours was blue dye because *most* EPT tests are. So, I hate to say this but you'll have to get a pink dye test to know for sure. I have gotten + tests on blue dyes and not been the slightest bit pregnant.

I'd highly recommend getting a First Response Early Response test. They are great and very reliable early. Let us know how it goes! I'm excited for you!!!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#3 of 5 Old 08-21-2010, 10:57 PM

I second the FRER suggestion--much more reliable. And they can detect lower levels of HCG than the EPT. So if the EPT is detecting the slightest bit of HCG, the FRER should show a more definitive line.

Good luck!

mom to DS born 5/29/09, DS #2 born 5/2/2011, partner to a PhD (finally!), pleased to be co-sleepin', lovin' our 3 cats and 4 dogs and raisin' our LOs vegetarian.
#4 of 5 Old 08-22-2010, 03:43 AM

I agree with what has been said but having said that the same thing happened before I got my real BFP, so you never know. Crossing everything for you!!!!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#5 of 5 Old 08-22-2010, 05:59 PM

I am dying for an update! Please!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page